PDA

View Full Version : Team Chemistry/Shot Selection

crazedcav333
02-21-2008, 11:18 PM
First off, I'm ecstatic about this move...the more I think about it, the more I can't wait to see these guys play together.

But maybe what I love best if the team chemistry, imo, that we'll be gaining with the guys we get and most importantly the guys we sent out. I'm surprised there's been so little talk with this.

Hughes - a joke of a team player. Complains about "Not being used right" despite not rehabbing correctly, then sides with a former teammate over Cleveland. Not to mention having maybe the worst contract in basketball.

Gooden - IQ of a monkey. Watching LBJ coach Drew night after night after night, basically babysitting him, was pathetic watching. Maybe now LBJ can focus and Z and work with someone who knows what they're doing.

Shannon Brown - never been a fan - at all. Kid who can jump out of the building but can't focus that energy into any type of a basketball player. Plus, MSU player - I'm not a fan of MSU turned pro basketball players (Davis, Ager, Brown...)

Marshall - team player, nice guy in the club house, but was inconsistent.

Newble - this guy I wanted to keep - worked his ass off night after night, would do anything for this team. Hate to lose a guy like him.

So we get rid of a guy who is unbelievably overpaid and who would rather hoist up shots than play Cavs basketball, a talented PF who just never knows what he's doing, an unreliable PF, and a young SG who would have been lost on our Depth chart and would only be a liability.

We gain:

Wallace - I really hope this guy gets back to the spirited basketball he played with in Detroit. A lot of talent, I love his style of play, love his tenacity, he puts in the effort he will be very, very dangerous.

Wally - I've always wanted this guy in Cleveland. Love to watch him play, love his style of unselfish, full-throttle playing style (like Wild Thing's). I'd always rather have this guy on our side.

West - Young PG with some real potential to evolve into our prized run-the-team PG. I can't wait for this guy to come in and take his spot on this team.

West - back up big, nothing special. Adds a solid, reliable big man behind Andy. Finally, four big men we can rely on! For some reason I don't see him producing near the numbers he's put up so far this season. [edited for explanation of below post]. It's kind of the Big 3 with West - nothing to sneeze at but his numbers will be way down, but the depth is worth drooling over.

In my opinion that all adds up to a full team of guys who WANT TO WIN above anything else. We've got guys who will play to our style of basketball, who want to get better (hopefully Wallace falls into that category) and who know how to play smart, fundamental basketball. The chemistry on this team will come with time, and when it does Cleveland will resemble the Indians - tight-nit, "all for one, one for all" team spirit. Not to mention we have many, many more options with who we can play and the lineups we can put out there. Our rotation has become deeper and better in almost every way.

Lastly, I can't wait to see this team when we have actual solid shot selection. Drew and Larry were the two guys I couldn't stand to watch on offense because they'd chuck up shots whenever they wanted. Wally plays smart, team-first basketball and Ben doesn't force too many shots, so that gives other guys with better shots more opportunities.

This trade is a Win-Win. GOOD JOB FERRY! Way to pull the trigger baby.

rusty 2
02-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I think you may be under estimating Joe Smith.

DeeThree
02-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Joe smith was the #1 pick.

Does not mind doing the dirty work although he is a decent offensive player... Good rebounder... Nice mid-range shot... A remarkable role player... Good length...

Gooden 2.0

Sawduzt
02-22-2008, 04:49 AM
hopefully we sign newble in the offseason to a small contract. Just so Mike Brown's son can get his favourite cav back

TyGuy
02-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Seattle bought out barry, if they bought out newble i would take him back in a heart beat!

Not to mention he is a free agent and we have 2 open roster spots. If we cant get anything better, I would take him back.

Ah man I miss newble already:(