PDA

View Full Version : Cavs vs ???

Damien O'Connel
03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Out of the western conference teams that have a realistic shot at making the finals this year (Spurs, Lakers, Mavericks, Suns, Hornets, maybe utah) who would you want to see the cavs face off against? As a cavs fan i would love to play the Mavericks because i see them as being extremely soft, and i think we would have a great chance at beating them with how physical our frontcourt is. Hoowever, as a Lebron fan i would like to see us play the lakers in order to show everyone who the best player in the league truly is, and to be able to shut the media up once and for all. It would be great to see Kobe lying on the ground crying while lebron is giving autographs in Staples center.

samtheman67
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Lakers. Even with gasol we can still beat them

Splitz
03-04-2008, 04:00 PM
I doubt the Suns have a chance the way the Shaq trade has backfired on them but if they somehow make it, I would love to face them.

Jon
03-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Ideally a team without much playoff let alone finals experience. So while there may be some advantages facing the Mavs or the Suns, I think we'd have better luck facing a less experienced team.

Then again, at some point age is going to catch up with the Spurs ... I was sure hoping it would have been last year.

B Mac
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Of the teams listed, this would be my order from most want to play to least.

1. Mavs
2. Suns
3. Jazz
4. Lakers
5. Hornets
6. Spurs

midgetstilts
03-04-2008, 04:21 PM
fast point guard eqauls bad things. give me the mavs first, and the lakers second

Little Seizer
03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
1. Lakers- This would put an immediate end to the LeBron vs. Kobe arguments. Plus you KNOW some clutch shots would be hit.
2. Hornets- Yes CP3 is good but they ain't been to the playoffs. They won't make it this far, but if they did...we'd dominate.
3. Mavs- Dirk is the anti-clutch. These guys may very well be on the decline right now. Plus I went to school in Dallas and I have a buddy who works for Southwest so I could grab some tix and fly out there on the cheap.
4. Jazz- Tough between them and the Suns. We're somewhat similiar to the Jazz in that we play tough D and quite a bit of half-court. It would be nice to beat Boozer in the Finals though...so i put them ahead of the Suns.
5. Suns- we match up badly against these guys IMO. If they're hitting shots, we're toast. They feel like their due.
6. Spurs- I hope we never play these guys again.

aaronr
03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I can't even think about this issue. I just want to get through the East first.

CleveRocks
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I think it will be the Lakers, Spurs, Utah, or NO. I am not anxious to get on a court with any of them, but lakers are most beatable (defenseless). I think Spurs or Utah could also be long tough fights. Boozer vs Wallace down low woudl be awesome..

crazedcav333
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I've said all season it will be a Cavs vs Boozer finals. Now finally someone has agreed with me (he was on PTI either yesterday or the day before, forget who it was).

Or the Lakers. I really think there will be some added storyline in this finals if we make it. Kobe vs LBJ, Boozer vs the entire Cavs nation... etc.

jason436
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I want to play the Lakers, Lebron vs Kobe, that will get some people tuned into the Finals and should cement Lebron has the best player in the NBA when we beat them. It should also send the Nike media blitz into overdrive and if possible lift Lebron to an even higher level in the publics eye if possible.

redscoon
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM
We have played the Jazz to a standstill in the last several meetings. I don't mind our chances in that.

New Orleans doesn't have much playoff experience. I'd be shocked if they got through the West.

Dallas is mentally fragile and really soft in the post. I would love our frontcourt matched up against Dampier and scrubs.

redscoon
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Anybody but the Spurs. The rest of the teams have enough flaws that a great series by Lebron would give us a decent shot.

I normally would put the Suns up with the Spurs, but they have been in disarray since the Shaq trade. In a slow it down affair, I think we could out execute them defensively and pound them on the boards.

redscoon
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Whoops. Double post.

The George
03-04-2008, 10:20 PM
im with red....anyone but the Spurs

I want Kobe....LBJ vs Kobe in the Finals....you cant get higher drama than that plus LeBron could show the world finally that he is the best player walking

We are going to have to man up in the playoffs to get there though...A potential Wiz or Toronto tough 1st round then onto Boston then Detroit

man thats scary....

we win all of those just to earn the right to play a WC Champ

yikes

we need to get healthy

I think we would kill the Mavs...we would beat NO...we could beat the Jazz and Suns and I think wed lose to the Spurs

BlueSeats626
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Anyone but the Spurs or Suns.

Have we even beaten Phoenix since the Z for 3 game?

Rimage
03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Suns aren't the same team...they are worse. Had our number as a full blown run-and-gun team, but without Marion, there isn't anyone to even slow Lebron down on that team. Shaq won't be able to do ish against our front court. Can't step out on Z or Smith, can't keep up with Wallace or Andy.

Rockets and Spurs have our number though.

Glen Infante
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm with everyone else to say that a Cavs vs Lakers finals would be exciting to watch. People blamed the Cavs last year for the low ratings during the finals, which I don't think was the case. In all honesty, who the hell finds the Spurs exciting to watch? They are one of the most boring teams in the NBA.

The George
03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Suns dont scare me that much anymore...Nash and Amare do but new Shaq Suns are a team we actually match up well with

Spurs no thanx...Rockets with Yao no thanks

I believe we have a legit shot against any1 else

I want Kobe though