PDA

View Full Version : The could be Legend of Lebron James. Can he pull it off?

CelticHater
05-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Can he pull of a Michael Jordan like feat with Magic Johnson like tendency and will the Cavs to a game 7 win?

If the NBA wants to promote the future they have their chance Sunday when the Cleveland Cavs have the chance to take out the NBA's best team (by record)

Can he and the Cavs do it? Stay tuned.

chiefwahoo
05-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Can he pull of a Michael Jordan like feat with Magic Johnson like tendency and will the Cavs to a game 7 win?

If the NBA wants to promote the future they have their chance Sunday when the Cleveland Cavs have the chance to take out the NBA's best team (by record)

Can he and the Cavs do it? Yes. Will they? Who the hell knows with this Jekyll and Hyde team. But one thing's for sure - I'm not counting us out with #23 on our roster. And Boston has to be more than a little scared to face LBJ in a Game 7.

Doctor K
05-17-2008, 12:55 AM
That was drama...

CavsRules
05-17-2008, 12:57 AM
If the team can play 48 minutes of basketball how they do in the opening tip off. Then we can easily do it. I don't doubt the fact we can do it, but it'll be tough. Boston is arguably the best home court team in basketball(Utah just has the best record during the season). I honestly don't see anyone beating Boston on the road, only if they get an unbelievable game from a guy like LeBron.

Gonna be crazy, I just hope there is no blowout... I don't wanna tune in like I did two years ago against Detroit in Game 7 and get destroyed.

Prophet Named X
05-17-2008, 01:08 AM
If the team can play 48 minutes of basketball how they do in the opening tip off. Then we can easily do it. I don't doubt the fact we can do it, but it'll be tough. Boston is arguably the best home court team in basketball(Utah just has the best record during the season). I honestly don't see anyone beating Boston on the road, only if they get an unbelievable game from a guy like LeBron.

Gonna be crazy, I just hope there is no blowout... I don't wanna tune in like I did two years ago against Detroit in Game 7 and get destroyed.

And yet the Cavs should've already beaten them on the road twice, unfortunately we choked. I just have a hard time seeing LBJ choking a 3rd time.

SixStringAxis
05-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Lebron showed again tonight he has a jumper when it matters. KG showed again tonight he chokes like no other, that floater he took with about 3 minutes when he could have had a wide open dunk was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I would bet my money on the Cavs.

FlightNo.23
05-17-2008, 01:10 AM
If LeBron elevates his game on Sunday and his teammates also pick it up...

yes.

midgetstilts
05-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Lebron showed again tonight he has a jumper when it matters. KG showed again tonight he chokes like no other, that floater he took with about 3 minutes when he could have had a wide open dunk was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Are you kidding me? The last two games KG hasn't missed hardly anything from 12-20 feet (i actually am curious what the statline is in that range) and we don't even try to go inside on the side he's shifting towards. If we get a good game out of Z or Joe, and at least one of our guards we could win. Will we? We'll see on Sunday. I

SixStringAxis
05-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Are you kidding me? The last two games KG hasn't missed hardly anything from 12-20 feet (i actually am curious what the statline is in that range) and we don't even try to go inside on the side he's shifting towards. If we get a good game out of Z or Joe, and at least one of our guards we could win. Will we? We'll see on Sunday. I

Ya thats all true until the last few minutes then he has disappeared or choked every game except the first one.

I am almost positive he was 0 - 3 in the last 5 minutes. He missed that wide open jumper and that wide open 5 foot floater I am sure of.

midgetstilts
05-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Ya thats all true until the last few minutes then he has disappeared or choked every game except the first one.

I am almost positive he was 0 - 3 in the last 5 minutes. He missed that wide open jumper and that wide open 5 foot floater I am sure of.

the difference between he and lebron is that he can't give the ball to himself. lebron has the luxury of bringing it up the court. i'm not saying he's lebron, but let's not kid ourselves. playing these guys for 6 games has made it painfully obvious that Garnett is the guy that makes this Celtics team so dangerous. He requires so much attention on both ends.

Krolik1157
05-17-2008, 01:36 AM
We've won 7 games. 9 to go. The "legend" doesn't change unless we get more than halfway there. Even with a game 7 win, a loss in subsequent rounds just makes this Cavs team a slight upgrade over last year's Warriors. (Whom I love to death and are legendary in their own way, but not in the way we want LeBron to be.)

Rick Astley

ESPN Play-By-Play supports SixStringAxis' words:

2:59 Kevin Garnett misses 8-foot jumper

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=280516005

How can he miss it?

midgetstilts
for the record he was 9-11 in that range i mentioned tonight (12-20 feet), and he was 0-1 from the floor in the final five minutes. he only took that 8 footer that missed. hardly the choke job it may have felt like. rondo sucked tonight. he needed to find ways to get KG the ball.

midgetstilts
05-17-2008, 01:38 AM

How can he miss it?

the same way lebron missed an easy layup in game one. it happens. you anticipate contact, don't get it, and you're out of your rhythm. if not for two calls (the charge being the worse of the two i thought) we could be talking about this game completely differently. KG was a stud again tonight.

SixStringAxis
05-17-2008, 01:42 AM

How can he miss it?

Woot ya.

5:09 Kevin Garnett misses 19-foot jumper

2:48 Kevin Garnett traveling

I think the 8 foot shot was the floater he could have easily dunked on someone. There were 2 cavs well behind the backboard for one reason or another, KG was wide open and he takes an 8 foot floater. Hilarious

CBBI
05-17-2008, 01:42 AM
the same way lebron missed an easy layup in game one. it happens. you anticipate contact, don't get it, and you're out of your rhythm. if not for two calls (the charge being the worse of the two i thought) we could be talking about this game completely differently. KG was a stud again tonight.

Normally I'd agree with you midget because I respect your opinion, but in this particular case, I can't say I'm with you. This is NOTHING like LeBron in game 1. LeBron DID get fouled by Posey on his way to the basket on that drive where he missed the layup.

Garnett on the other hand had a wide open lane and probably could have dunked it or at least gotten fouled had he gone all the way to the rim. In fact, I was certain that's what he was going to do when he dribbled into the lane all alone. Then he stopped and tried a floater for seemingly no real reason (there was seriously no one within 2 feet of him) and left it short. It was a classic Garnett play late in a close game. I'm surprised he didn't try and throw a bullet pass off Perkins face.

Primetime
05-17-2008, 01:44 AM

Allen is the guy choking, not KG. KG is the only reason why they are in it. If they were smart, they would go to KG alot more.

Prophet Named X
05-17-2008, 01:45 AM
If anyone can lose game 7 for the Celtics, it's KG's inability to do anything when it matters. Like grr, I'm so intense, I beat my chest all the time. Just don't look for me in the 4th quarter, cuz I'll be hiding.

Prophet Named X
05-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Allen is the guy choking, not KG. KG is the only reason why they are in it. If they were smart, they would go to KG alot more.

No, Allen is old, and his shot isn't falling. KG is the leader of the team, so it falls on him. He falls apart in the 4th quarter constantly, and has for his entire career. There's way too much pressure on him now, especially when you realize the refs have been trying to give the Celtics the series.

Think about it, they're now blaming Stern's help why they can't win.

Forget the Celtics/Lakers finals... Get ready for the LBJ/Kobe Finals.

CelticHater
05-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Lebron needs to take it to the basket when he is getting the calls. Which game was it he got to the foul line in the first quarter 10 times but not once the next 3 quarters.

Also don't sit on any lead we have. Put the game away. The Jazz almost pulled off a huge upset tonight in the 4th quarter.

midgetstilts
05-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Normally I'd agree with you midget because I respect your opinion, but in this particular case, I can't say I'm with you. This is NOTHING like LeBron in game 1. LeBron DID get fouled by Posey on his way to the basket on that drive where he missed the layup.

Garnett on the other hand had a wide open lane and probably could have dunked it or at least gotten fouled had he gone all the way to the rim. In fact, I was certain that's what he was going to do when he dribbled into the lane all alone. Then he stopped and tried a floater for seemingly no real reason (there was seriously no one within 2 feet of him) and left it short. It was a classic Garnett play late in a close game. I'm surprised he didn't try and throw a bullet pass off Perkins face.

fair enough. i just feel the news of Garnett's demise has been greatly exaggerated. When we ran out to that lead coming out of that third, it was KG knocking down midrange shots again and again that got them back in. Eight straight points. Sure the Celtics don't close on the road. But then, we choked away last game's big lead, and we lost game one when we have Lebron, possibly the best finisher in the game. Certainly that's supported statistically when you look at the season as a whole. I just don't think you're gonna find many guys who can hang with Lebron when it comes to finishing shots when it matters and holding KG or anyone but Kobe to that standard is basically retarded. Him missing that one shot though doesn't mean he hasn't knocked down a lot of critical shots at critical points in the game to break them out of slumps when it looked like we were ready to slam the coffin shut on the game. Just earlier in this game, he basically got them back within three.

As for game one, I don't feel Lebron got enough contact to get a foul in that end of game scenario. In fact, I was shocked it didn't go in, as I felt it was one of the easier looks he's gotten in these playoffs full of hard fouls and to tie a game in the waning moments no less.

Scuzzy
05-17-2008, 01:56 AM
if Kobe can win one against the best home court team and end the series

Lebron can take the second best and end the series

The Voice
05-17-2008, 02:34 AM
The Pistons are capable of walking into Boston and taking one easlily. I think they are a better match up against the Celts. Billups and Wallace can make them hurt at the 3.

Jon
05-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Game 7 should be a bit like a road game for both teams because of the pressure. It all comes down to who steps up. But you've got to like how the Cavs have had success scoring inside and getting to the line even in Boston. That's what often wins tight road games.

IMO we have a shot even if LeBron doesn't go nuts on 'em.

KingJamesMVP
05-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Absolutely he can..Will he? We'll find out soon enough..I can't wait :king:

Benedict_Boozer
05-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Need good shooting from Walter and Z, someone from the bench to step it up (Joe Smith or Andy) and keep it within 4-6pts down the stretch in the 4th and I like our chances.

Never bet against the King

Prophet Named X
05-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Need good shooting from Walter and Z, someone from the bench to step it up (Joe Smith or Andy) and keep it within 4-6pts down the stretch in the 4th and I like our chances.

Never bet against the King

I learned my lesson after Game 5.

I am a Cavs fan, but I was trying to make some money.. Cost me a ton to be honest with you. Hopefully none of you are the bookie I still owe money to.

cav jvl
05-17-2008, 08:39 AM
History will repeat. Garnett, Pierce, Allen choke under pressure and the King will reign supreme as another chapter to the legend is added. Low scoring nail biter which Lebron edges out at the end.

LBJ- wan
05-17-2008, 09:10 AM

Amen brother.

Get the "special refs" for this one because the NBA machine "needs" this one.

Woot Woot!:king:

Splitz
05-17-2008, 09:33 AM
If we leave Garnett wide open like we did at the end of this game, we are going to be in major trouble. We were lucky that he chose a bad time to actually start missing.

Bob Loblaw
05-17-2008, 10:05 AM
It's going to come down to our outside shooters. With Gibson out, they will be content to filter the ball to our shooters and contest the shot as much as possible. We also have to get Z more involved and keep him involved. Joe Smith seems to be a different shooter in Boston. LeBron won't have a chance if we don't better performances from our shooters.

Dirk Gently
05-17-2008, 10:21 AM
LeBron scores 80 next game and outscores Boston by 15, adding to his legend as the greatest player of all time. Book it.

The Voice
05-17-2008, 10:23 AM
LeBron scores 80 next game and outscores Boston by 15, adding to his legend as the greatest player of all time. Book it.

With how many shot attempts? 200? This statement is outragous.

It's going to come down to our outside shooters. With Gibson out, they will be content to filter the ball to our shooters and contest the shot as much as possible. We also have to get Z more involved and keep him involved. Joe Smith seems to be a different shooter in Boston. LeBron won't have a chance if we don't better performances from our shooters.

I agree, it depends on what Wally, Z, and Delonte are going to show up. Also we need to really find a way to stop Rondo. Bostons team can rack up points really fast. Our inability to close out huge leads on the road is showing in a bad way everytime we play in Boston. We seem to always blow the lead.

Jon
05-17-2008, 10:36 AM
If we leave Garnett wide open like we did at the end of this game, we are going to be in major trouble. We were lucky that he chose a bad time to actually start missing.

That's his pattern, though. When he actually does try to take over at the end of games it usually is medium to long jumpers and he usually misses enough of them that his team comes up short.

The goal of our defense is to contest everything, but we do encourage and concede certain things.

Splitz
05-17-2008, 11:16 AM
That's his pattern, though. When he actually does try to take over at the end of games it usually is medium to long jumpers and he usually misses enough of them that his team comes up short.

The goal of our defense is to contest everything, but we do encourage and concede certain things.

Yep, at the end of the game it is going to come down to the guy that can create his own shot. In this regard Pierce is the one that should be making the late game heroics. They clearly don't have that play making PG to make it easier on Garnett. This will likely be their demise whether it is against us or Detroit.

Jon
05-17-2008, 11:22 AM
And Pierce has to get by LeBron... which so far has been a crucial advantage for us.

KI4MVP
05-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Bostons team can rack up points really fast.

They racked up 69 of them last night. Play defense like that again and I like our chances.

KingJamesMVP
05-17-2008, 12:53 PM

I agree with that..Garnett is an excellent midrange shooter..Though he hasn't proven to be the most clutch player, we can't count on him starting to miss towards the end of the game again..

DELONTEizDad
05-17-2008, 12:53 PM
I think the Cavs have a great shot at winning the game and thus the series....

Problem is going to be the refs and it's on the road... No way they get any calls this game, it's going to be bad... the question is if they can overcome that and can someone else step up big time...

In two of the previous road games this series they have gone up big only to give it all back.... both times there were chances for them to break the Celtics backs during the runs but the just couldn't get that final exclamation point in order to fully curbstomp them. IF they can do that the Celtics will implode before the half. If not, then it's back and forth and anybody's game.

Dirk Gently
05-17-2008, 01:04 PM
With how many shot attempts? 200? This statement is outragous.

I probably should have created an eastern European persona and posted it under that. My bad.

Spencer Hawes
05-17-2008, 01:14 PM
As long as our defense shows up and make this an ugly game, Lebron will win in late for us.

Doctor K
05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Again, the formula is simple as in every game against them... Limit Pierce, and limit Rondo..

Who else is going to create ???

NarlCavs
05-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I'll never count the Cavs out and do think more pressure is on the Celtics. But, if the Cavs play offensively like they did last night and LeBron tries to play the same style offensively that he did in the 2nd half last night than it could get ugly for the Cavs and be like game 7 against Detroit 2 years ago.

Defense was great last night and if it's at that level again it should keep the Cavs in game 7 and give them a chance.
At the other end though the ball has to keep moving. LeBron can't continually stop the offense and pull the ball out 35 feet from the basket to try to go 1 on 5.

RajaBell
05-17-2008, 07:12 PM
They key is go to the free throw line forcing fouls , drawing fouls put them in foul troubles,
Garnett with 4 fouls at the half, Pierce with 3 a the half...and LeBron takes care of the rest...THATS IT

BlueSeats626
05-17-2008, 07:20 PM
They key is go to the free throw line forcing fouls , drawing fouls put them in foul troubles,
Garnett with 4 fouls at the half, Pierce with 3 a the half...and LeBron takes care of the rest...THATS IT

Thats just not going to happen in Boston.

CelticHater
05-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Thats just not going to happen in Boston.

It's happening right now and if anyone on this team could play defense you would be winning by now.

cavfan past&present
05-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Lebron is having a performance worthy of Jordan & Magic comparisons. There is 2:20 left in the game and we are down by 1. If he only had a Pippen or a Worthy or any kind of all-star support, this game would not be close.