PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Branson Wright

Ben
05-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Branson Wright has been removed of his duties covering the Cavaliers at the plain dealer.

Maximus
05-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Holy crap, I thought he died when I saw the thread title. :chuckles:

This is good news....maybe they will hire Roger Brown.:eek:

Prophet Named X
05-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Hooray!

Smooth
05-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Thank gawd! He was absolutely TERRIBLE... I mean I think sometimes he was Roger Brown bad... His answers to all the readers questions were always terrible and he seemed to try to make them look stupid... Plus, he took terrible questions to begin with...

I wonder who they will try to hire...

Ben
05-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Bob Finnan use the words "former beat writer" when referring to Wright in his article today (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19735267&BRD=1698&PAG=461&dept_id=21848&rfi=6)(which by the way is a great read), I can't believe It took me this long to notice that.

Clevelandfan15
05-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Thank gawd! He was absolutely TERRIBLE... I mean I think sometimes he was Roger Brown bad... His answers to all the readers questions were always terrible and he seemed to try to make them look stupid... Plus, he took terrible questions to begin with...

I wonder who they will try to hire...

Smooth they should hire you:chuckles:

Pioneer10
05-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Holy crap, I thought he died when I saw the thread title. :chuckles:

This is good news....maybe they will hire Roger Brown.:eek:
Jeez my first thought was that he must died in a car accident or something since he was a young guy.

CBBI
05-31-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm so upset.

lrynwnab
05-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Please change thread title, I thought he did die.

Damage
05-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Perhaps they should finally grab Windy

I'm glad the off-season has officially begun by axing a huge douche.
Funny how I mentioned like 5 days ago how awful he was. This is great news

Damage
05-31-2008, 05:11 PM

calm your balls, lrynwnab

ChicagoCavFan
05-31-2008, 05:19 PM
I was back in Ohio over Memorial Day weekend and got to read the lovely PD Sports page. Branson had a large article on the Cavs in the paper. After reading it, dry heaving commenced. Not sure if it was the 3 days at Put In Bay or the piece that was written carelessly and without fact. Nonetheless, I consumed the page his article was on, and hastily crapped it out into the sewer.

Damage
05-31-2008, 05:33 PM
I was back in Ohio over Memorial Day weekend and got to read the lovely PD Sports page. Branson had a large article on the Cavs in the paper. After reading it, dry heaving commenced. Not sure if it was the 3 days at Put In Bay or the piece that was written carelessly and without fact. Nonetheless, I consumed the page his article was on, and hastily crapped it out into the sewer.

2girls1cup style?

ChicagoCavFan
05-31-2008, 07:03 PM
2girls1cup style?

His writing is just not worth picking it up and swirling it around in my mouth. :cool:

Joe Henderson
05-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Another sign of Mike Brown's incompetence, clearly. He should be fired.

CavsRules
05-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Thats a surprise.. Didn't Wright just have an article in the paper the other day? Then fired? Hmm.. I for one didn't have that big of a problem with him, even though I really didn't see eye-to-eye on him on a lot of accounts.

CBBI
05-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe we can get some journalists who will actually ask Mike Brown some hard hitting questions after he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory with his coaching sometime next year.

Bob Loblaw
05-31-2008, 10:40 PM

Me too. I've met him a few times and he's always seemed like a nice guy. I haven't really paid attention to his column for a while because his column and the PD pale in comparison to the other papers Cavs coverage. Hopefully they get someone good so the only Cleveland paper actually provides some insight into the Cavs.

NarlCavs
05-31-2008, 11:14 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the PD just made Mary Schmitt Boyer the fulltime Cavs beat reporter now since she already covers them part time. Not exactly an improvement or upgrade.

Wheaties
06-01-2008, 12:43 AM
He really dumbed down the fans... that 'R.I.P' stuff though, just doesin't sit right..
Yeah I skipped most his stuff in the mornings when it came to the cavs the last couple years... I would read the ABJ first

He just needs to give readers more credit and put more substance in his articles... his writing style is smooth but the substance ... the substance, ahhh the substance... it was like pop music, or pop news or something

The Voice
06-01-2008, 12:56 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the PD just made Mary Schmitt Boyer the fulltime Cavs beat reporter now since she already covers them part time. Not exactly an improvement or upgrade.

Who?

Wheaties
06-01-2008, 01:34 AM
If I remember correctly she writes the articles that are more behind the scenes, and about the individuals as opposed to the actual basketball stuff
... but that doesin't mean that she doesin't know about hoops... they might of just assigned her there...

Prophet Named X
06-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Are you serious? Branson Wright was one of the worst writers I had ever read. For being a Cavs beat writer, he sure made it his mission to piss off Lebron, Ferry, and pretty much everyone in the organization.

Wasn't it just last year that he made a comment about Lebron, and not more than a day later, he was shut out of the Cavs locker room because of it?

Wheaties
06-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Honestly i havint read one his articles in a while.. so i dont know who he was pissing off... but my impression of his writing (for me atleast), is that it wasint choppy, and it was easy to read.... just there was little or no substance... 'Windy gives more details and insight that makes the team intriguing from a different angle...

Every now and then i would read a few of Bransons questions... that was horrible... but it could of been the editors fault (not sure)

cav jvl
06-01-2008, 09:55 AM
The R.I.P. seems a little out of line. His writing was poor, but seemed to come across better in interviews. Maybe he could take over for the guy who yells at halftime. Will they hire off the RCF board?

chiefwahoo
06-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Wright was terrible and this is a happy day for any serious Cavalier fan. His coverage was borderline embarrassing most of the time. This is great news. :thumbup:

Ben
06-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Thats a surprise.. Didn't Wright just have an article in the paper the other day? Then fired? Hmm.. I for one didn't have that big of a problem with him, even though I really didn't see eye-to-eye on him on a lot of accounts.

I didn't say he was fired. I said he was removed from the Cavaliers beat.

jjc58
06-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm sure he's going to be moved to the politics desk, what with his hard-hitting writing style.

imahustla
06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Change this thread title. The R.I.P. is not funny at all.

Mac
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I think the title is appropriate.

KCOTT
06-02-2008, 12:28 AM
oh god....R.I.P. is so terrible, its the internet...im sure you've seen worse

Damage
06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
This thread is one huge vagaina monologue. Unreal