PDA

View Full Version : For the record...Michael Redd

TruBuckeye22
06-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I have said many time on many different threads that I don't think Redd to Cleveland is a realistic possibility. I would love it if it happened but I just don't see how. still that is all just speculation one thing that I can say 100% for sure is if Redd does come to Cleveland he won't be wearing the number 22. now all the RCFers with their Michael Redd 22 avatars and signatures are asking themselves way? well

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/history/larry_nance.html

maybe so of you are little younger and don't remember Larry Nance but maybe look into the history of the Cavaliers a little bit, you will learn all sorts of fun facts. I know I am nit picking but this has been bothering me for some time.

I was at the game when they retired Larry's number...it was actually the 22nd home game that year and it was against Pheonix who the Cavs acquired Nance from. still have the ticket with Mark Price on it wearing those god aweful uniforms they had when the 1st moved into the Gund.

CavsRules
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
So he gets a new jersey number. Larry Hughes had to do the same when he joined us in '05.

ZooCrewDude
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
I loved those uniforms :D

chiefwahoo
06-12-2008, 02:07 PM
^Look at DaJuan and Ricky hustle after that ball. Nice ZooCrew :thumbup:

Randolphkeys
06-12-2008, 02:17 PM
^Look at DaJuan and Ricky hustle after that ball. Nice ZooCrew :thumbup:

No, sadly in that picture Juanny was dribbling at eye level and Ricky was trying to steal the ball from him.

World B ThAreee
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
No, sadly in that picture Juanny was dribbling at eye level and Ricky was trying to steal the ball from him.

That was a laugh-out-louder for me... it's funny cuz it's true. Something tells me that Davis was one steal away from that rare and coveted triple-double: turnovers, forced 3s, and steals.

For the record, stealing the ball from your own teammate doesn't count, Ricky.

RchfldCavRaised
06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
No Zoo Crew reference is complete without Chris Gatling and Bimbo Coles. Actually, Juanny and Davis werent even a part of it cause they were starters.

Anyway... thanx for that reminder Tru Buckeye... Im getting tired of seeing these patched up Redd avatars anyway

Now if we brought in Miller...problem solved. #33 is free

TruBuckeye22
06-12-2008, 02:26 PM
So he gets a new jersey number. Larry Hughes had to do the same when he joined us in '05.

that isn't the point.....the point is there are people who call themselves Cavalier fans who obviously don't know who Larry Nance is.

I loved those uniforms

not talking about the one's in your avatar as those were a step up from

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/mikelowry1027/ThillCavs.jpg

those uniforms and the Piston's from the Grant Hill years are among the worst ever in NBA history

chiefwahoo
06-12-2008, 02:26 PM

Makes you wonder how so many of us can complain about the team nowadays. Just look at how sadly pathetic it used to be. I still think we were about two or three years from being relocated before the King arrived.

TruBuckeye22
06-12-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/cleveland/cavsshots.html

maybe you guys have seen this before but I just came across it the other day. cool site.

Maximus
06-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Now if we brought in Miller...problem solved. #33 is free

I thought we retired Mike Sanders's #33 jersey. :confused:

3 Da Hard Way
06-12-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/cleveland/cavsshots.html

maybe you guys have seen this before but I just came across it the other day. cool site.

Some of those guys need to be taken off our wall of fame:mad:

Splitz
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I like the way you think TruBuckeye22. This is obviously a veiled attempt at selling the board on Mike Miller ;)

ZooCrewDude
06-12-2008, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=TruBuckeye

maybe you guys have seen this before but I just came across it the other day. cool site.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the site before, it is a good one. This site is also worth checking out as its pretty easy to navigate around and find things:

http://www.cavshistory.com/

Talking about the uniforms, you'll find every variation in there. Good stuff.

Randolphkeys
06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Makes you wonder how so many of us can complain about the team nowadays. Just look at how sadly pathetic it used to be. I still think we were about two or three years from being relocated before the King arrived.

I don't think Jim Paxson could assemble a $12 Lego set, let alone a franchise. I was living in Pittsburgh, PA at the time. I was just as addicted to the Cavs back then as I was now. I remember a BW3's would see me walk in the door and all the bartenders would walk away because they knew I was going to ask them to put on the Cavs game. It was like they knew I would single-handedly destroy thier tips for the next two painful hours.

I said it before and I will say it again: at least we had the Milt Palacio Era to hold in our hearts, if only for a short time. Now that was worth a second rounder!!

TruBuckeye22
06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I like the way you think TruBuckeye22. This is obviously a veiled attempt at selling the board on Mike Miller ;)

shhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone:fingersx:

macbdog
06-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Some of those guys need to be taken off our wall of fame:mad:

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/cleveland/WFrazierCavs.jpg

Wait a minute, the guy from the Just For Men commercials played for the Cavs??

Splitz
06-12-2008, 02:48 PM

Good ole Walt!!. I know him best as the guy that created new words and fumbled over old ones as a commentator for the Knicks.

TruBuckeye22
06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
I've seen the site before, it is a good one. This site is also worth checking out as its pretty easy to navigate around and find things:

Talking about the uniforms, you'll find every variation in there. Good stuff.

I like that in the jersey examples they have Ferry and Harper and Miller and Miles next to one another to remind us of some of the worst trades in Cavalier history.

TruBuckeye22
06-12-2008, 02:52 PM

he also got Emmit Smith back on his game as his stach was trash.

PIP
06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
In 2005 I said the same thing about Ray Allen and the #34 and got abosolutely killed over it...

Chardon
06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
\

http://www.cavshistory.com/images/players/Zydrunas_Ilgauskas.jpg

theSwayze
06-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Good ole Walt!!. I know him best as the guy that created new words and fumbled over old ones as a commentator for the Knicks.

I remember when I lived in NYC he actually refered to Chris Childs as a "pugnatious neophyte" I almost pee'd myself. He's also the last living person to use the phrase "dunk-shot" instead of "dunk" which I love.

David
06-13-2008, 01:26 AM
http://www.cavshistory.com/images/players/Zydrunas_Ilgauskas.jpg

lol

Well i could see Redd coming, but I'm likeing our choices in the draft aswell so i think we should wait a little and see if the guy we pick is a solid player before just throwing a pick and players out there...

Varejao, is absolutely GARBAGE, i want him out ASAP.:gtfo:

As for Redds number?

Don't we have a number 21 available?

MattyJames
06-13-2008, 09:36 AM
lol

Well i could see Redd coming, but I'm likeing our choices in the draft aswell so i think we should wait a little and see if the guy we pick is a solid player before just throwing a pick and players out there...

Varejao, is absolutely GARBAGE, i want him out ASAP.:gtfo:

As for Redds number?

Don't we have a number 21 available?

I love that pic of Z. He looks so young!!! lol

I would love to have Redd as well and feel that we have a good chance at getting him.

Agree with Varejao also. I have NEVER been on the "Wild Thing" bandwagon....EVER. He is, and always has been completely overrated. I wish nothing more than to see him gone ASAP.

As far as number 21 being available, I believe it is unless the Cavs are planning on retiring Darius Miles jersey. :tongue: (I would'nt put it past them)

GottiLand
06-13-2008, 10:53 AM
DaJuan Marquett Wagner (born on February 4, 1983 in Camden, New Jersey) is an American professional basketball player, currently playing for Polish champions Prokom Trefl Sopot.

Wagner is the son of former University of Louisville and NBA player Milt Wagner. Forced out of the league by debilitating health problems early into his career, he is currently making a professional comeback after undergoing major surgery to remove his colon.

Wagner had a phenomenal career at Camden High School and is perhaps better remembered for scoring 100 points in a high school game than his exploits at the collegiate and professional levels. He averaged 42.5 points as a senior, scored 3,462 points in high school (the most in New Jersey high school history, breaking former highschool star, Lorne Singleton scoring record of 3,451 points) and scored 25 points in the McDonald's All-American Game.[1]

what do u think?

sjeppe
06-13-2008, 11:11 AM
well lets sign him and then bench him like we did before, so we never know how he could do if he got extended playing time again.

Jon
06-13-2008, 11:22 AM
well lets sign him and then bench him like we did before, so we never know how he could do if he got extended playing time again.

Oh not true. Dajuan got extended playing time and eventually what we discovered is that he couldn't go left.

Lee
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM

so its the cavs fault, so the fact that the other 31 teams want nothing to do with him either at this point does not matter?

sjeppe
06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
well he got that major illness and couldnt play for over a year, and im not saying he was worth it, but we sucked back then, and he was our first rounder just throw him and let him try, just like shannon brown, he had some game, but how the heck is he goign to get going if we play him 3 mins in garbage time, i am just frustrated with the cavaliers giving up on young athletic guys too quickly, not just dujan

Jon
06-13-2008, 12:54 PM
They did throw him in and let him play... he scored a whole bunch of points until co-coordinators around the league watched some tape.

sjeppe
06-13-2008, 01:24 PM
right i agree wagner couldnt go left, but shannon was the most athletic guy we have besides lebron and we just gave up on him and never gave him a shot, i think that we do that with most of our picks, gibson only got to play bc snow was HORRIBle at shooting , now i know we are trying to win, but its not like hughes was ripping up the stat sheet either

Jon
06-13-2008, 08:09 PM
We gave Shannon a lot of shots too, but he shot himself in the foot whenever he was given the chance, and Gibson quickly blew by him on the depth chart.

We even gave him some chances this year, albeit that was pretty much just a feeble attempt to showcase him and drum up a little interest.

Apparently Chicago didn't think we did him an injustice ... how many minutes did he play for them? 5?

David
06-13-2008, 10:31 PM
DaJuan Marquett Wagner (born on February 4, 1983 in Camden, New Jersey) is an American professional basketball player, currently playing for Polish champions Prokom Trefl Sopot.

Wagner is the son of former University of Louisville and NBA player Milt Wagner. Forced out of the league by debilitating health problems early into his career, he is currently making a professional comeback after undergoing major surgery to remove his colon.
[QUOTE]Wagner had a phenomenal career at Camden High School and is perhaps better remembered for scoring 100 points in a high school game than his exploits at the collegiate and professional levels. He averaged 42.5 points as a senior, scored 3,462 points in high school (the most in New Jersey high school history, breaking former highschool star, Lorne Singleton scoring record of 3,451 points) and scored 25 points in the McDonald's All-American Game.[1]

what do u think?

I think we should LOOK at him again, but i had a good chuckle at this

Wagner underwent surgery to remove his entire colon:chuckles:

But hes a decent point guard, I'm pretty sure he wont want to return to a team that may bench him

I'm also looking at him as a trade option for someone, It would be Wagner Varejao and a pick?

Man Called X
06-13-2008, 10:33 PM
He can't make it in the NBA. Why in the hell are there threads devoted to rehashing draft busts from the past 5 years? Let's bring back Luke Jackson too for shits and giggles. **** people. Think to the future, not the pathetic past.

1B4IGO
06-13-2008, 10:48 PM
He can't make it in the NBA. Why in the hell are there threads devoted to rehashing draft busts from the past 5 years? Let's bring back Luke Jackson too for shits and giggles. **** people. Think to the future, not the pathetic past.

:chuckles:

Sorry that struck me funny with DeJuan Wagner. I guess his shits gives me the giggles.

Edit: I guess without the colon he probably isn't such a big as*hole anymore. Sorry.

Man Called X
06-13-2008, 10:50 PM

Sorry that struck me funny with DeJuan Wagner. I guess his shits gives me the giggles.

Edit: I guess without the colon he probably isn't such a big as*hole anymore. Sorry.

I should buy him a box of colostomy bags for his birthday.

David
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM

LMFAO

I bet he dosen't Give a shit That he isnt returning to the NBA

all i was saying is that he was an okay PG i wouldn't want him back but if we had no one else....

I Dont want his ass back anytime soon

1B4IGO
06-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I should buy him a box of colostomy bags for his birthday.

You're killing me. The only thing Wags can throw down now is every meal almost immediately after he eats. As the old saying goes Wagner doesn't know whether to shit or wind his wristwatch.

GottiLand
06-13-2008, 11:11 PM
d wag, let me turn up ya swag,

got dropped from the cavs man, i hope u ain't mad,

i heard u scored 100 in high school, and that's great

but let me see u do it when ya' opponent is 6'8

can he go left??? maybe if u set a pick,

but if i know dujuan, that boy don't give a shit....

David
06-13-2008, 11:17 PM
d wag, let me turn up ya swag,

got dropped from the cavs man, i hope u ain't mad,

i heard u scored 100 in high school, and that's great

but let me see u do it when ya' opponent is 6'8

can he go left??? maybe if u set a pick,

but if i know dujuan, that boy don't give a shit....

What the hell was that?

1B4IGO
06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
What the hell was that?

Crap, rap.

David
06-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Crap, rap.

Thanks

I thought if no one was going to answer that i was going to have nightmares for a week.

If your going to post your garbage on here make it the least bit funny, please?:(

LBJHeath
06-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I have said many time on many different threads that I don't think Redd to Cleveland is a realistic possibility.

I couldn't agree more. In-fact, I don't think the Cavs are too interested in Redd anyway (just my opinion, no basis in fact). I personally don't think he is even on our radar. Sure, we'd take him if we could steal him... but I HIGHLY doubt that Ferry (or the Bucks, for that matter) would make a trade involving Redd.

David
06-14-2008, 12:56 AM
I couldn't agree more. In-fact, I don't think the Cavs are too interested in Redd anyway (just my opinion, no basis in fact). I personally don't think he is even on our radar. Sure, we'd take him if we could steal him... but I HIGHLY doubt that Ferry (or the Bucks, for that matter) would make a trade involving Redd.

Yes we'd rather take T-Mac

GottiLand
06-14-2008, 01:43 PM
^
now im bout to turn up yo swag/

my name is david and im gay/

read the name tag

David
06-14-2008, 01:46 PM
^
now im bout to turn up yo swag/

my name is david and im gay/

read the name tag

Too bad you don't me, Okay butterfingers? Calm your ass down don't make me get your prison master in here :chuckles:

GottiLand
06-14-2008, 02:16 PM
butterfingers??? what are u even talking about? too bad u don't know me??? what, are u 12???

Man Called X
06-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Children. Leave the flame wars to me and James. They are the most entertaining.

David
06-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Children. Leave the flame wars to me and James. They are the most entertaining.

Yeah I have to admit he's pretty horrid at flaming ANYONE...

As am I...

Depends on how strong/weak the joke was... his was like a dead racoon

No Offense
06-15-2008, 02:28 PM

They should retire the #32 in hopes of never acquiring a player who fits so poorly in our system ever again.

Splitz
06-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Itís almost a foregone conclusion that either Michael Redd or Mo Williams will be jettisoned to another zip code this summer. Redd has piqued the curiosity of a bunch of teams, including the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers. But Redd has two guaranteed years left on his contract for $33 million, plus a playerís option for another $18.3 million. Williams is guaranteed $35 million over the next four years plus a playerís option for another $8.5 million. Some NBA officials believe the Bucks could obtain a mid-to-late first-round pick for Williams. Racine Journal-Times

Another option for the Nuggets is to offer Allen Iverson to the Bucks. However, the Bucks would have to send another player to Denver to make that deal work financially. A deal of Iverson for Redd and Desmond Mason would work financially. Redd would give the Nuggets a lethal outside shooting threat and Mason would bring the perimeter defense the team has been lacking for the past couple of seasons. Both are players Karl enjoyed coaching during his tenure in Milwaukee. Redd and Mason are also two high-character, mature veterans who could help bring some much needed stability to Denver's locker room. If the Bucks don't want to part with Mason, who's deal expires after next season, the Nuggets could take a look at Charlie Villanueva as part of the package. The Bucks have been shopping Villanueva since last summer, and he would give the Nuggets a versatile big who can shoot from the perimeter. HoopsWorld

We have significant competition in the Redd sweepstakes. I also wouldn't be surprised to see The Pistons screwing us over in a three team deal involving Redd going to another team.

The Voice
06-15-2008, 06:17 PM
The Bucks are attempting to trade either Michael Redd or Mo Williams this summer.

Redd has received interest from several teams including the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers.

Some NBA officials believe the Bucks could obtain a mid-to-late first-round pick for Williams.

Via Journal Times

I wouldn't be suprised if we don't get redd, looks like the Clippers and Knicks are interested.