PDA

View Full Version : Just pissed off the wife

PIP
09-18-2008, 12:55 AM
The other day I decided to make a random purchase without thinking to much about it... Well, it showed up earlier today via DHL and I set up and had a buddy over and was playing it...

Wife came home and didn't like it...She is pissed, and I mean PISSED...It takes up a room...:thumbup::chuckles:

Couldn't resist the urge to buy the 2008 Valley-Dynamo Photon Air Hockey table...Got a solid deal on it for 2200.00 bucks, and had to have it...

Not as cool as my Bowflex, but is still pretty awesome...

crazedcav333
09-18-2008, 01:09 AM
12 years ago my father sold the air hockey table...I have yet to forgive him.

The wife will come and go. The sex will come and go. But that little red fake puck thing will always, always, be waiting to glide and make ping noises long into the night.

stycool24
09-18-2008, 01:17 AM
lol, nice!! Let her shoot some pucks, maybe she will cool down :P

Thats a nice deal for that table, since its usually 3,500-4,000$.

congrats man! :king:

chiefwahoo
09-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Impulse purchases are always the true measure of a healthy relationship. If she can understand your need for things like this then she is a keeper. But you will always have to keep testing her...

Lee
09-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Pip, I do understand the need for the air hockey table, although personally I would much rather have a pool table. But keeping such a large purchase a secret is not good or healthy for a relationship. Not sure what your finances are, but how would you feel if the wife went out and paid $2200 on a gucci purse without consulting you? Just as frivilous. Enjoy the table, hopefully you dont have to move ithe new air hockey table to your new bachelor pad.

PIP
09-18-2008, 02:28 PM
So, I just finished packing up the Air Hockey table... :(

Man Called X
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm so sorry Pipster. If I had the finances, I'd buy it off of you right now and you could just enjoy it here.

Numbers Guy
09-18-2008, 03:01 PM

Owned.

Pussy. Whipped.

Deadlock
09-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Be a man!

The Oi
09-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Wow. That is absolutely terrible. You can't allow yourself to do this.

SanduskyCav
09-18-2008, 03:39 PM
PIP, why don't you change this to your Avatar...:chuckles:

http://logo.cafepress.com/7/7767465.2733317.jpg

Lee
09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Pip, I have your back on this one. Your relationship with your wife is more important than an air hockey table, but sadly, an air hockey table does make a nice cornerstone to a good mancave.

PIP
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Gentlemen-

Being a married man, I've gained so much knowledge and experience that only comes with being married...This is on-the-job type of education/training that you can't get anywhere else..

First rule to remember: ---> A man must pick his battles...Not only is this a battle that I will NOT win under any circumstance, but I really need to save it for when I really **** up...

A similar occurrence happened last year when I bought an indoor glass reflecting waterfall to put in our bedroom, and a pinball machine... She was not really impressed with this, but I was able to convince her pretty quickly (within a couple hours) about how incredible this thing (waterfall) is, and just how much I always wanted a pinball machine...

I came to the conclusion this morning that we were not going to come to an agreement here regarding the Air Hockey table...

However, once this simmers down, I'm going to start pressing for an NBA JAM arcade game...I've always wanted one, and even if it's a Christmas gift, that's my next target...

There's no way I'm returning the table though...I'm putting my Air Hockey table in my office at work...Which might work out to be the best, because I can have tournaments during work.... And don't worry, I'm the boss, so I can't be fired... :chuckles:

chiefwahoo
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
First rule to remember: ---> A man must pick his battles...Not only is this a battle that I will NOT win under any circumstance, but I really need to save it for when I really **** up...

That's one thing I've learned right away in my three years of marriage. There are times to argue and times to just let it go. All joking aside, if you can figure out those times, that's half the battle right there.

I'm getting a Golden Tee arcade game, and possibly a Ms. Pac-Man cocktail table arcade game (you know the old one with the plexi-glass top?) when I finish my basement. But Mrs. Chief is actually already on board with these ideas :thumbup: (or at least that's what she's telling me right now).

http://www.4seating.com/images/Access187.jpg

ChicagoCavFan
09-18-2008, 09:27 PM
This is exactly why I am not yet a married man.

crazedcav333
09-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Gentlemen-

Being a married man, I've gained so much knowledge and experience that only comes with being married...This is on-the-job type of education/training that you can't get anywhere else..

A similar occurrence happened last year when I bought an indoor glass reflecting waterfall to put in our bedroom, and a pinball machine... She was not really impressed with this, but I was able to convince her pretty quickly (within a couple hours) about how incredible this thing (waterfall) is, and just how much I always wanted a pinball machine...

I came to the conclusion this morning that we were not going to come to an agreement here regarding the Air Hockey table...

However, once this simmers down, I'm going to start pressing for an NBA JAM arcade game...I've always wanted one, and even if it's a Christmas gift, that's my next target...

There's no way I'm returning the table though...I'm putting my Air Hockey table in my office at work...Which might work out to be the best, because I can have tournaments during work.... And don't worry, I'm the boss, so I can't be fired... :chuckles:

Air hockey at the office? Man o man. Just when you think Pip is down for the count, he ante's up the bet one more time. Well played sir, well played.

The Voice
09-18-2008, 10:22 PM
This makes me have one question: Pip are you like/the real Micheal Scott?

PIP
09-18-2008, 10:56 PM
:chuckles:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Lh4RPd8Vwk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Lh4RPd8Vwk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man Called X
09-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Pipster, I might actually have access to an NBA Jam arcade cabinet, not sure though. But um, wanna hire me so I can get out of this podunk town?

RchfldCavRaised
09-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Gentlemen-

Do you know how much money I spent at Fun N Stuff in Macedonia on this machine???

It cost $25 for every quarter and I was unbeatable with Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant. Easily, I may have spent about... $200 over the course of a year.

Man, if I could get one of these...

Nicky
09-19-2008, 06:07 AM
I find this subject rather fasinating as a female. I agree and disagree. I understand the wanting of certain objects, but when you go overboard and just buy things all the time, that can be a problem. With women, I think it's worse (at least some women). The need to own all these expensive purses/shoes is beyond me. I think it's ridiculous. Especially if you have children, then it becomes a priority thing. I would rather put money away for my daughter, than be comsumed with owing a Dolce and Gabana handbag or whatever the product my be.

I think I set a higher standard though, I'm a mother so I don't expect the BS where my daughter is concerned. Although I know a man has a right to some things, it just depends on the manner in which they go about it.

Pip, I'm glad you got to keep the table, but I do understand your wife's disapproval. But this is another reason in which I know that marriage is something that I do not feel I need to partake in at this time.

RuanuLaw
09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
I find this subject rather fasinating as a female. I agree and disagree. I understand the wanting of certain objects, but when you go overboard and just buy things all the time, that can be a problem. With women, I think it's worse (at least some women). The need to own all these expensive purses/shoes is beyond me. I think it's ridiculous. Especially if you have children, then it becomes a priority thing. I would rather put money away for my daughter, than be comsumed with owing a Dolce and Gabana handbag or whatever the product my be.

I think I set a higher standard though, I'm a mother so I don't expect the BS where my daughter is concerned. Although I know a man has a right to some things, it just depends on the manner in which they go about it.

Pip, I'm glad you got to keep the table, but I do understand your wife's disapproval. But this is another reason in which I know that marriage is something that I do not feel I need to partake in at this time.

Are you still with Infante? Just asking. Cause I don't know if I missed something. I haven't been following RCF like I used to.

PIP
09-19-2008, 01:30 PM

Pip, I'm glad you got to keep the table, but I do understand your wife's disapproval. But this is another reason in which I know that marriage is something that I do not feel I need to partake in at this time.I understand your position, and my wife's... However, my wife does her fair share of ridiculous shopping..Her credit card and my credit card (yes I give her my cards all the time) statements have a whole bunch of numbers racked up on them that makes my head spin..

When she goes to New York with her girlfriends every so often she comes back with basically a moving van worth a stuff, stuff that she doesn't need, but a whole bunch of it, and my credit cards look like they've been through war..

What do I usually do ?? I kiss her on the forehead and could not really care how much she spends because I'm just happy my wife is home... Now, maybe I don't care because I'm fortunate enough that I can afford it... Just like this table, if I was on some type of budget, and I step out of bounds and made an impulse purchase without consulting her, I can understand... However, I could afford this Hockey table with no problems, but the thing is, it's big, it takes up some space...

Here's the funny part, the room I put it in is a room that she never uses... So what's the big deal ?? The big deal is I didn't consult her with it ?? But so what, does she consult me when she spends thousands on shopping sprees ?? Does it matter that what she buys is clothes, shoes, jewelry and accessories and I buy a Hockey table ??? She doesn't bitch when I buy clothes, shoes, hats etc...

She doesn't bitch when I take my son out for some father-son time, and I spend whatever I want on him.... But, it's only when I make these types of purchases for myself.. Yet, they're no different than when she sees a picture or painting that is ugly as ****, and puts it on the center of the wall at our place... Doesn't bother me one bit... I might think it's ugly, but if she likes it, so be it, I can deal with it... I just kiss her on the forehead again.. (She loves these by the way, that's why I do it all the time :chuckles:)

Are you still with Infante? Just asking. Cause I don't know if I missed something. I haven't been following RCF like I used to.Fun-Run-

Probably not an appropriate question for an open forum... Little privacy, my man...

RuanuLaw
09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
People put my business and violate my privacy on this forum all the time. SO, I just assume we are all family and thing to myself, "what the problem? Nothing! Thats what."

crazedcav333
09-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Pip do you golf by any chance? Because that'd be the get-out-of-the-dog-house-free purchase I'd be saving up...

PIP
09-20-2008, 07:39 PM
People put my business and violate my privacy on this forum all the time. SO, I just assume we are all family and thing to myself, "what the problem? Nothing! Thats what."Oh I know, and I don't believe it's right.. And I bet you don't care to much for it either..

Pip do you golf by any chance? Because that'd be the get-out-of-the-dog-house-free purchase I'd be saving up...I've been known to swing it...I'm not any good at it, but I try to get out and play a round every now and again..

I had a thread on here a couple years ago about Golfing.. My friends hate golfing with me because I make it a purpose to look ridiculous with Knickers and matching Argyle vests & socks...

Similar to this style, but my sock patterns usually match my vest patterns...

http://www.oobgolf.com/data/images/n/n/j/458177e9686e4.jpg

Mdog1
09-20-2008, 08:19 PM
http://www.oobgolf.com/data/images/n/n/j/458177e9686e4.jpg

:chuckles:

Jon
09-22-2008, 04:45 PM
One difference between an air hockey table and expensive brick-a-brack is that the air hockey table is a fixture in the house.

PIP
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Guess who just purchased a Vintage 1993 NBA JAM Arcade game ?? (I got it approved this time :))

http://www.joystixgames.com/photos/nba1820.jpg

The Oi
04-22-2009, 11:21 PM
How much?

breanna
04-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Guess who just purchased a Vintage 1993 NBA JAM Arcade game ?? (I got it approved this time :))

Man i'm so jealous. You lucky SOB.

PIP
1200.00 including shipping...

cdt
OMG...HE'S HEATING UP!!

Randolphkeys
04-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Brad Lohaus is GOD.

PIP
04-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Like I said on page one, getting this game was a goal of mine... Keys encouraged me to set goals and knock them out one at a time...

TAS
04-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Nice...

Randolphkeys
04-22-2009, 11:36 PM
See that? My 23 step program has another success story. Xsabre's Boston Marathon is right around the corner. I can feel it.

breanna
04-22-2009, 11:37 PM
See that? My 23 step program has another success story. Xsabre's Boston Marathon is right around the corner. I can feel it.

What 23 step program?

kookoo
04-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Man, if only you hoisted her up on the table and let the air jets do their magic. You'd still have the table and you could probably cross it off your list.

Man Called X
04-23-2009, 12:02 AM

What the hell are you talking about? Me run a marathon? I think not. Keys, lay off the drugs and/or alcohol.

And Pipster, I challenge you to a game on that sexy sexy machine.

The Oi
04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
1200.00 including shipping...

That ain't bad at all.

Uh oh...

Sock
04-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Did it really take you seven months to get your wife's approval? Wow. Tips please

TAS
04-23-2009, 12:34 AM
*Note to self: Delay marriage as much as possible.

theSTEREO.
04-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Heck yeah Pip. Do a halfcourt slam dunk for me.

Is that the one where you can play as Bill Clinton...err... Slick Willy?

(Next up, Tournament Edition?)

Randolphkeys
04-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Xsabre, step one is denial.

theSTEREO.
04-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Xsabre, step one is denial.

Step two, put your junk in that box...

kookoo
04-23-2009, 01:33 AM
Step two, put your junk in that box...

Don't forget the hole. Learn from my bad experiences, no hole in the box=disaster.
And after you cut the hole in there, remember to take out the rabid squirrel you left in there. What has been seen can't be unseen.

BlueSeats626
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Boomshakalaka!

Chardon
04-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Its seems like you couldnt afford not to buy it.

ChicagoCavFan
04-23-2009, 10:04 AM
One word:

Main Entry: AWESOME

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: amazing

Synonyms: alarming, astonishing, awe-inspiring, awful, beautiful, breathtaking, daunting, dreadful, exalted, fearful, fearsome, formidable, frantic, frightening, grand, hairy*, horrible, horrifying, imposing, impressive, intimidating, magnificent, majestic, mean, mind-blowing*, moving, nervous, overwhelming, real gone, shocking, something else, striking, stunning, stupefying, terrible, terrifying, wonderful, wondrous, zero cool

The Voice
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM

looks like the bottom left side needs some repairing.

Maximus
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Pip, I will now be picking you up a couple hours earlier tomorrow for the Detroit roadtrip....I gotsta play me some Jam. That is just an outstanding pick up. My fear is that we will start playing and end up skipping the Cavs game....NBA Jam is that good.

Barkley and Thunder Dan are going to ruin your beloved Pip and Ho Grant tomorrow. See you at noon. :cool:

Maximus
04-23-2009, 10:52 AM
looks like the bottom left side needs some repairing.

Pip is so incredibly handy, that shouldn't be a problem. :chuckles:

BlueSeats626
04-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Barkley and Thunder Dan are going to ruin your beloved Pip and Ho Grant tomorrow. See you at noon. :cool:

Pippen is too good in NBA Jam, playing as Chicago is like cheating. Back in my NES days, I used to dominate with the Isiah/Laimbeer Pistons.

PIP
04-23-2009, 01:28 PM
The one in the pic is not mine... The one in the pic is the one I used to abuse when I would lose..:chuckles:

RchfldCavRaised
04-23-2009, 03:19 PM
IS IT THE SHOES???

There really is no equal on that game, to the duo of John Stockton and Karl Malone!!!

I remember when it first came out, I was up at Fun N Stuff in Macedonia, and my dad had given me 20 dollars to last the entire night on games... I spent damn near HALF of it just trying to beat Derek Harper and that white dude from sorry ass Dallas. They made that game cheat something awful. I think the CPU never runs out of turbo or something.

Typhoon
04-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I used to live 10 mins away from that Fun N Stuff when i lived in Ohio

camakazee
04-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Little known fact, the Cleveland Cavaliers are one of only two teams to have the same two players regardless of the console (arcade, Genesis, Sega cd, GameBoy, and GameGear). That would of course be Mark Price and Brad Daugherty. The other team is the Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone. Sorry to interject with neat-o stats in the offtopic :chuckles:

P.S. Pip, let me know if you need anyone to show you how to play that game ;)

Bill Walton.
04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
PIP,

Looks like you won't be getting ass for a little while.. You may have to go puck yourself. :chuckles:

RchfldCavRaised
04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
HEY!

Im reading into what everyone here is saying, and I think I take from it that we should all party like rockstars over Pips house on his new vintage machine.

Who's with me, besides this 24 pack of brew?

RchfldCavRaised
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
I used to live 10 mins away from that Fun N Stuff when i lived in Ohio

Me too, I actually worked there for a split second too. Good place to pick up chicks until they made the skating rink. Now the whole place smells like stale socks.

But back in the day, on late summer nights when we didnt feel like driving all the way out to Aurora with our season passes for Geauga Lake, we would just sneak over to Fun N Stuff and have our "girlfriends" meet us there for some summer snuggling. (Im talking 11-12 yrs old. Dry humping was in fashion)

We thought we were the bees knees

Corey
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I have that game on the N64. :D

breanna
04-23-2009, 10:43 PM
I have that game on the N64. :D

You still have one of those? My stupid ass dad got rid of mine from my childhood. The SOB.

The Voice
04-24-2009, 12:42 AM
You still have one of those? My stupid ass dad got rid of mine from my childhood. The SOB.

Wow, chill out you can get one under 100 bucks on ebay.

breanna
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Wow, chill out you can get one under 100 bucks on ebay.

LOL! You probably think I was overreacting. I was just being my silly self. I am chilled out and i'm aware I can get one under 100 bucks. Thanx anyways. I get a laugh out of saying something over dramatic and seeing people say 'Chill out"

kookoo
04-24-2009, 12:15 PM
LOL! You probably think I was overreacting. I was just being my silly self. I am chilled out and i'm aware I can get one under 100 bucks. Thanx anyways. I get a laugh out of saying something over dramatic and seeing people say 'Chill out"

You sound like a fun person. I know people that are like that for real though. This one time, I told a guy his belt looks like he bought it from Walmart (I knew it was Guess) and he freaked out... He started screaming at me and saying I know nothing about fashion. I question his sexuality.

Man Called X
04-25-2009, 03:47 PM
You sound like a fun person. I know people that are like that for real though. This one time, I told a guy his belt looks like he bought it from Walmart (I knew it was Guess) and he freaked out... He started screaming at me and saying I know nothing about fashion. I question his sexuality.

Anyone that obsessed with fashion is gay. That's a universal truth.

rabman_gold
04-26-2009, 09:45 PM

Hey Pip. I have that exact same thing in my basement. Except mine has a "Tekken 3" Skin on it with the NBA Jam program lying around somewhere. Great game. Still very depressing watching Brad, Larry, and Price tear up the game though...

MarkPrice25
04-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Gentlemen-

You could definitely tell who is not married on here.

PIP, you're 100% right. That purchase will be brought up as the ultimate trump card in every argument if you keep it in the house.

These unmarried guys just don't get it - but they will someday. You see how far you can go and then, every once in a while, you can cross that line.......but it better be worth.

It's a matter of how bad you wanted that thing in your house - is it worth taking shit for the rest of your life? Do you want to hear about it every time you have an argument?

I did like where you were going with that, PIP. I applaud the purchase, and the fact that you can take it to your office shows you really planned ahead.

Amherstcavsfan
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
The one in the pic is not mine... The one in the pic is the one I used to abuse when I would lose..:chuckles:

That's good, because I was wondering what the hell an air hockey table was doing next to it...and why you live in a game room in the middle of the city...:chuckles:

PIP
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
You could definitely tell who is not married on here.

PIP, you're 100% right. That purchase will be brought up as the ultimate trump card in every argument if you keep it in the house.

These unmarried guys just don't get it - but they will someday. You see how far you can go and then, every once in a while, you can cross that line.......but it better be worth.

It's a matter of how bad you wanted that thing in your house - is it worth taking shit for the rest of your life? Do you want to hear about it every time you have an argument?

I did like where you were going with that, PIP. I applaud the purchase, and the fact that you can take it to your office shows you really planned ahead.Oh no doubt about it, MP25...It's a feel thing for sure.. To be honest, I knew when I was giving them my credit card info, this was going to be a bitch to explain... When I was checking the shipment tracking on their website, I knew this was going to be a bitch to explain.. When it was delivered and as I was setting it up I knew it was going to be a bitch to explain... And as I was packing it up I knew in the back of my mind I was going to be doing this anyways...

For the unmarried men on here, like I said, you must pick your battles... Once you get involved in a relationship like this, you must come to the realization that you must change... Sure, you may suggest "we both must change in this relationship"-- yeah, you think like that, and that's how it should work when you look at it, but c'mon, we know better...:chuckles:-- We have to alter our lifestyle way more than they do...

As for messing up ? Like I said, pick your battles carefully.. If you must give in, you give in...I would look at it like saving a timeout for a coach...You always need to have one in the back pocket just in case...

In my particular case ?? I know me... I know FOR A FACT I will unintentionally piss off my wife down the road.. It's inevitable... (We know how these women are... THEY'RE CRAZY !!! You never know what will set them off..)

And I'll tell ya what, the fact I was able to get the NBA JAM game was a direct result of taking a very mature route and complying with her wishes to remove the air hockey table... She'll never admit it, but I know it was... I actually made her feel bad about having me remove the air hockey table.. Even to the point in which she agreed that I could bring it back... But I declined, as I had visions down the road... I knew what I was doing..:cool:...

As I was playing my first game on NBA JAM I wanted to look over to my wife and go "CHECKMATE" ---- but then again, PICK YOUR BATTLES !!!

Best part is, when I want to piss her off, I'll get on the pinball machine in our room while she's still sleeping and let that loud ass machine be the alarm clock...:)

action
04-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Pip - Love the timeout analogy, it's perfect. It's all about avoiding the Del Negro. And you are one manipulative SOB, well done.

The George
04-28-2009, 08:12 PM
well done Pip... Im asking my gf this summer so if you could start writing some kind of how to book it would be greatly appreciated

nba jam is the best video game of all time from back in the day