PDA

View Full Version : Crowning the King

Jon
12-23-2008, 02:46 PM
"King James" is seeming more and more like an appropriate nickname for LeBron rather than a bad pun when you consider how much his early days resemble a coronation. Unlike most young kids who are identified real young as supremely talented, he didn't let his press clippings get ahead of him. It's obvious he studied what it meant to be the best player in the league and how others with great talent had failed and learned from it. He then brought in people to help make it happen. For instance, I do believe he sought out help with his public speaking back when he was in high school to help avoid gaffes and to convey what he wanted to convey.

He started working out in high school, and wasn't just content to be in great shape, he was in great shape even for a pro.

He knew at such a young age that regardless of how great his talent was, his success depended on making his teammates better. He never had a 100 point game in High school like Dajuan Wagner. He knows personal glory is secondary to winning and if winning happens the glory follows.

He saw how even Jordan struggled coming in to the league balancing his talent .vs. the team's needs and made a point in his first game as a pro to give up an easy dunk to set up a teammate (the notoriously selfish Ricky Davis of all people).

So in game 6 .vs. the Pistons he didn't even try to reproduce what he'd done in game 5. He willingly gave up the ball like he has always done when the D overplays him, but this time (unlike when Donyell missed a game winning 3 earlier in the series) everyone was rewarded when Gibson took advantage.

This year often we see him stepping aside or accepting other roles to help let his teammates and hence his team to shine.

LeBron James is much like a Prince who's known all his life he was going to be the King and just had to study, accept help, and learn how to handle the responsibility.

BigErieCavsFan
12-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Great post!

Only thing wrong is that it was games 5 and 6 of Piston's series... :)

Jon
12-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Great post!

Only thing wrong is that it was games 5 and 6 of Piston's series... :)

Thanks. Fixed.:chuckles:

Splitz
12-23-2008, 03:22 PM
He will be even more worthy of the nickname when he hoists the Maurice Podoloff MVP trophy and the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy in the Summer of 09'.

Cavatt
12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
It's one of the reasons I think it will be strange if he left. He himself has put a lot of effort into making his teammates better in games and over time. His patience has really paid off.

Chris
12-23-2008, 11:09 PM
You know when Skip Bayless, as of this morning, is ready to crown him, that his time has arrived.

Scuzzy
12-23-2008, 11:17 PM
yeah, I couldn't believe skippy was showing him all that love..

Screamin A is just guzzling lebrons seed now because of 2010, he use to ride Kobe's until this year

btw that 1st and 10 was classic today with the "Brett Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve"

Chris
12-23-2008, 11:27 PM
rofl

not only did I have to put up with Stephe A on Mike and Mike (the two hours I saw from 8-10) but also on First Take/1st and 10

Dana got pissed at him hahahah "LISTEN TO WHATS COMING UP"

Scuzzy
12-23-2008, 11:35 PM
I wish I was good with photoshop..

I'd split our avy's in half and fade them into each other

King J
12-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I was just watching 1 & 10 and they were on the last topc of who would you rather be,Tiger or LeBron.He say Tiger,because his ability to hit the "walk off" shot and goes on to say LBJ wont be able to do that like Jordan and it will haunt him for the rest of his career.

Why shoot the jumper if you can get to the rim at will?