PDA

View Full Version : L Cleveland 89 Milwaukee 91 - Pre Season

Glen Infante
10-15-2005, 02:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nba/lrg/cle.gif vs http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nba/lrg/mil.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers (2 - 1) @ Milwaukee Bucks (1 - 1)

Preseason : Game 4
Monday, October 15, 2005
8.30pm ET
Radio : WTAM 1100

Head Coaches
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/mike_brown.jpg http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/terry_stotts.jpg
Mike Brown / Terry Slotts

Probable Staters
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/eric_snow.jpg http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/maurice_williams.jpg
Eric Snow / Mo Williams

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/larry_hughes.jpg http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/michael_redd.jpg
Larry Hughes / Michael Redd

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/luke_jackson.jpg http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/bobby_simmons.jpg
Luke Jackson / Bobby Simmons

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/drew_gooden.jpg http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/joe_smith.jpg
Drew Gooden / Joe Smith

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/andrew_bogut.jpg
Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Andrew Bogut

Keys to the Game

* Larry Hughes needs to be more productive offensively. He has been streaky as of late, and it is important for him to be able to get into an offensive groove. With out LeBron James out there, we are going to need Larry to come out and earn that paycheck.

* Continue to push Mike Wilks and see what he is made of. Give the kid more minutes to see what he can produce. He has done a solid job last night vs the Sixers.

* Test the rookie, Andrew Bogut. The Cavaliers can establish the game early by attacking the paint.

Overview : Isn't it amazing how much improved this roster is? Even with out LeBron James, the Cavaliers are still pretty good offensively. The additions of Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall has made it easier for the Cavaliers to keep the scores tight and not fall into a big drought like we have done many times last season.

The game is obviously winnable. The Milwaukee Bucks aren't a very great defensive team, if we establish the paint early and not fall into double digit margines, the Cavaliers should pick up their 3rd win of the preseason.

hughes1988
10-15-2005, 10:00 AM
i hope we beat the shit out of them then i hope lebron smacks redd in the face. that would be funny. anyways i hope lebron plays in this game and if he does i see a easy win.

TJ_4_CV31
10-15-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm going to the game and I'll be taking notes on both teams. If today is indeed "sweetest day" as my wife says it is, I won't be able to post a recap until tomorrow more than likely. We're going to a bar and grill before hand and then across the street to the game. Now isn't that "sweet"! :D

PIP
10-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Try to remember taking your wife home after the game... Don't get so over joyed that you forget her at the BC..

TJ_4_CV31
10-15-2005, 01:35 PM
I feeling pretty good because I didn't get any attitude from this notorius sports hater. She's actually game for me taking her to the game. I hope she doesn't realize what my selfish intentions are. :chuckles:

You know honey, I haven't taken you downtown in awhile. I hear the grill is pretty hot a Major Goulsby's. How about we go down there and have a drink or two (this is wild for us because we only drink on occasions). I think there's a game across the street...you know they say the Bucks may win the championship this year (wink wink) and that phenomenal basketball player Lebron James from the sprite commersials is going to be in town (not playing). They say this guy is better than Michael Jordan (a player she would watch). We may be able to do a little window shopping downtown before hand ( :tongue: ...just game, TJ's cheap). Yeah they have some nice boutiques around the Bradley center.

Done Deal!

That's how you get it done you newlyweds and single rookies.

PIP
10-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Window shopper EH ;)

You sure know how to WOO the ladies....My wife would slap the hell out of me.. :chuckles: SERIOUSLY :(

I won't be going to you for advice... :chuckles:

highplainsdrifter
10-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Wow TJ, I didnt know you were a ladies man! You got good seats? Pay special attention to the Bogut Z matchup. Ah yes its here, the first Cavs Bucks matchup! The first step towards the certainty of a 5-0 Cavs/Bucks sweep! Even without LeBron, the Bucks will fall. I predict Hughes will score 20, Z with 15, and Redd will be limited to 10. Cavs win by 15! All of this without LeBron! Its only gonna get worse after this one TJ. In the regular season, with starters logging heavy minutes, and The King back to full force, its not gonna be pretty for Bucks fans. You should probably just not watch the reg season Cavs/Bucks games. You may have to check into the Psych Ward again.....

CavsTalk
10-15-2005, 08:51 PM
19 to 8 lead... Combination of the Cavs playing very agressive and the Bucks playing kind of sloppy

CBBI
10-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Damon Jones with five assists early.

Z and Hughes leading the way with 8 and 7 points.

CBBI
10-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Marshall has been coming in quite a bit for Z and playing center with Gooden on the court.

CBBI
10-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Here is a typical substitution pattern for the Cavaliers....

After about 7 minutes, Marshall and Snow come in for Z and Jones.

After about 3 more minutes, Henderson comes in for Gooden.

So usually in the first quarter, we get a solid 3 or 4 minutes of Marshall and Gooden on the floor at the same time as the big men.

cavincali
10-15-2005, 09:04 PM
the farking game is not on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-Light
10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
milwakee comes storming back. end of first

The games on the radio. audio league pass

PIP
10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
the farking game is not on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

CBBI
10-15-2005, 09:08 PM
23-22 Cavaliers through 1.

CBBI
10-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Truthfully, is there a whole lot of drop off between Ira Newble and Kelenna Azubukie?

cavincali
10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
hey pipp enjoy the snow blizzards. :thumbup:

West Remy
10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
^ Perhaps not (some would debate this). Kelenna is a work horse.

This will two games in a row where Snow and Jones have combined for zero first half points.

As I post that, Snow hits 2 free throws.

Bogut and Ilgauskas having a nice battle!

Pioneer10
10-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Anyone else worried is that D. Jones might turn into a terrible signing: 6 assists but no points and Ford eating him up?

On a positive note: Hughes is dominating Redd 11-3. Ferry made the right decision it seems :)

AustinCarr
10-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I have a feeling that Bogut is going to be a more effective player when he is going up against "real" centers. I don't know if it will translate to the NBA, but when i watched him in college, i noticed that he had a tough time fighting for position in the post against quicker/smaller guys. Against other bigs, who don't expend as much energy to deny the entry pass, I think he will do fine. He has the moves to get it over, around, through guys in the post, as long as he can actually get it.

Its interesting to note that the two teams seem pretty evenly matched without Lebrob in there. Considering that a lot of pundits consider the Bucks to be a lower seed playoff team, potentially, that makes me think that the Cavs with Bron will be a serious force.

Or at least, one can hope.

AustinCarr
10-15-2005, 10:03 PM
On another note, I am happy that TJ Ford seems to be back...and with a seemingly better jumper. I always liked the guy, and I really hope him the best in his return.

That said, I hope he goes 0-50 from the field in against the Cavs this year. I grant him the athority to go 50-50 from the field against the Heat, NY, Detroit, or Indiana.

:D

E-Light
10-15-2005, 10:22 PM
jahidi white is in the ball game.

PIP
10-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Anyone else worried is that D. Jones might turn into a terrible signing: 6 assists but no points and Ford eating him up?

On a positive note: Hughes is dominating Redd 11-3. Ferry made the right decision it seems :)
Relax Karma... He will be a fine addition wants the season starts...There is no need for the panic button..Especially when LeBron is not the focus of the offense..

What is stupid is signing this guy and Marshall and not letting them start, or at least Jones.

We need shooters for our drive and kick players (HUGHES, JAMES)

When they take it too the hole, who are they going to kick it out too ? Gooden ? Snow ? :(

joma
10-15-2005, 10:24 PM
is larry hughes injured? someone said he was on realgm. I just turned on the radio.

Jimmy
10-15-2005, 10:32 PM
score in teh game?

E-Light
10-15-2005, 10:37 PM
we're down 9, 73-64

E-Light
10-15-2005, 10:42 PM
time out milwakee

E-Light
10-15-2005, 10:44 PM
we're down 6.

we were down 17. coming back.

E-Light
10-15-2005, 10:45 PM
down 4 now!!!! azubuike to the hole, from ekezie.

back down 6 now.

down 4 again!!! ekezie!!!

CBBI
10-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Larry Hughes sprained his right long finger according to Joe Tait.

E-Light
10-15-2005, 10:48 PM
down three,

down 2.

hamilton!!!

CBBI
10-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Right now, Zendon Hamilton has to have to advantage over Obinna Ekezie and Jahidi White for that 5th big man battle.

joma
10-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Larry Hughes sprained his right long finger according to Joe Tait.

great. :( and in pre season

E-Light
10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
5.2 second left, wilks nails a three, we foul milwakee, time out.!!!!

E-Light
10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
two free throws, milwakee up 4. 5.2 left

CBBI
10-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Hamilton - 10 pts, 6 rebs
White - 7 pts, 3 rebs
Ekezie - 6 pts

Nice little battle we have going on here for the last big man spot.

CBBI
10-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Wilks at the line for three free throws!!!

LOL at this garbage time game.

NarlCavs
10-15-2005, 11:15 PM
This PG situation isn't looking too hot right now. I'll be glad when the regular season gets started and everything , including the rotation, is more normal.
Jones has done little so far in preseason. I'd probably have to go with Snow as the starter at this point.
I think Mike Wilks has made the team. He's been solid every chance he's gotten.

Keleena is getting a full opportunity to show what he can do. I still have to say it will be very tough for the Cavs to keep him.

Nice to see Jahidi get on the court. Seems to have gotten off to a slow start but picked it up some. Hamilton has to be in the lead for backup C. 2 solid games in a row for him.

CBBI
10-15-2005, 11:23 PM
If we only had another spot where we could keep Wilks and Kelenna. I really like Azubukie, he reminds me of Kedrick Brown who I really liked for some reason.

cdt
10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
He is athletic and a highflyer Kedrick had no passion really he strolls in 20 pounds heavy and stuff...no thanks...

CleveRocks
10-15-2005, 11:35 PM
White acquits himself well for his first game. A lot of turnovers but that would be expected first game speed. Hamilton also showing up twice in a row.

Hughes was having his best game when he got injured. Jones just not hitting yet.. Luke still getting it done.

All in all a pretty good game without Lebron.

E-Light
10-16-2005, 01:50 AM
All in all a pretty good game without Lebron.

I was surprised we were able to come back after we lost hughes. :thumbup:

It would be nice if we could get just a little bit more out of our point guard position. :thumbdown Damon Jones is shooting like Snow. It's good he's doing this in pre season then regular though.

The hughes injury is just the lasest in our barage of preseason bodily break downs.

I'm counting, lebron, pavs, varejao, newble..well.. jahidi's finnally healthy!:chuckles:

An amazing amount of injuries. 4 of our 5 strong wing players currently injured. Hard to compete under those circumstances.

Not a bad start for Jahidi White. Hamilton is pushing him. Look for Ekezie to be waived next in line.

Jackson and Keleena have had alot of opportunities this past two games. Both really haven't overly impressed.

Good to see Ilgauskas get his groove back. Bogut tested him, but Z proved why he is an allstar.

Mike Wilks is proving to be a keeper, and has been the most productive guard the past two games.

ootbttnlagitnbasf
10-16-2005, 02:18 PM
add in Lebron's automatic 25 pts and we win by 23. i'm not worried. we have a better team with better players.

but we need to do better playing against scrub teams like milwauke. they have no all stars and we have three, counting hughes, who would have been an all star if he did not have jameson and arenas on his team in DC.

jones needs to start playing like he did in miami. he is a great 3 point shooter. we just don't have our point guards working yet. wilk is about the best we have there so far.

we have found our second center --- zenden hamilton. all of our centers names begin with Z.

I thought brown was more of a defensive coach. it did not look like the cavs were trying to stay in front of the bucks guards.

The fact TJ Ford ran riot early is one of the primary reasons I want Snow starting. We need to be strong defensively from the get go. Make the opposition adjust to us. Damon will find his shot, but until that happens he should sit behind Snow.

Mike Wilks is a no brainer now over Keleena. Wilks has produced each outing, and gives us a more athletic look at the perimeter.

LyXo
10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
I guess I'm warming up to the idea of Wilks now that Rivera is fading away so much. He can be our defensive Earl Boykins off the bench should we need a change of pace. He's been solid and won't cause any problems on our team.

Luke disappearing is no good. From TJ's assessment, I suppose Luke isn't too good against hard nosed defenders. The bright side, however, is that he isn't a starter yet and will go against weaker 2nd units rather than starters until he's ready. I'm still confounded though, didn't he burn Igoudala in college? He was shut down against Philly also.

Hughes, Hughes, why the injury. I guess its better now than later.

Ilguaskas showing up the rookie. I like it. Big Z showing why he's an All-star.

I hope.... oh god.. Black Z? (Zendon Hamilton) is physical. He can score and rebound, but can he defend? He's only 250, but I guess the extra 2 inches over Jahidi and Obinna helps. He might be a good mentor to AV.

And Karma, I agree with Snow starting for initial defense, very good point. Crush their confidence first on that end of the floor and it'll set the tone for the half. Crush it again after halftime and they're done for.