PDA

View Full Version : **Official Cleveland Offseason Thread**

InBoobieWeTrust
05-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Not sure if the mods want this in "Trade Ideas and Rumors", but since it's a general thread, that can cover a whole range of topics...I'll put it in Cavs Talk for now and they can move it if they want to.

That being said, speak your minds. What do we need to do this off-season? What will get us over the hump? What will fix the things that are broken with this team?

Also, if W&G has information or pieces of writing that he wants to share and creates other threads that may lead to off-season discussion, feel free to lock/delete this thread.

Go!

Spectre
05-30-2009, 11:36 PM
What will get us over the hump?

A big who can play shutdown defense without getting into ridiculous foul trouble.

camakazee
05-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Interior Presence. We need some.

Have a feeling we can't find that or a project center in the draft so I'd go talented swingman (Williams, Young) to replace Pavlovic/Szczerbiak. Both come from successful defensive programs and both have solid potential.

Now, we use the MLE to dig for that project center since it's obvious that Z's cart is pulling up to the 18th green. Many have thrown out Gortat's name and I wouldn't mind that. It would be nice to score a young, talented big man with lots of potential/upside with the MLE.

I think the only way we acquire a legitimate interior presence is via trade. Windhorst and others mentioned trades for Bosh and other big men will be revisited this offseason and that's how I expect the Cavs to improve in that department. Bosh is obviously the main one we're gunning for, but a Chandler would also be acceptable.

Here's to next season.

Cratylus
05-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Move the team. The Cavs won't win anything while they reside in the Cursed City.

PIP
05-30-2009, 11:40 PM
How do I know this is official ?? I'm gonna go on a wing and a prayer and just go with it...

We need a starting C and PF... With a little versatility off the bench...

Cratylus
So damn frustrated right now. In all seriousness, they need interior scoring, interior defense, and taller perimeter guys. We are more than 3 players away from SERIOUSLY competing.

Chris
Best we can do are little tweaks to the roster, add a draft pick maybe. No big time moves can really be made because quite frankly we don't have the ammo.

King J
05-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Im shedding tears right now,man.:(

Amherstcavsfan
Get Trevor Ariza.

Walter White
I guess Ill be the first person to say.......TYSON CHANDLER!!!!!!!!!

BlueSeats626
05-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Lesson to be learned from this season .....

Talent > Chemistry

InBoobieWeTrust
05-30-2009, 11:42 PM
How do I know this is official ?? I'm gonna go on a wing and a prayer and just go with it...

We need a starting C and PF... With a little versatility off the bench...

It's official because of the two asterisks at the beginning and end of the title.

5 asterisks means it's a poser thread.

ZissisKilla
05-30-2009, 11:43 PM
They should trade Mike Brown for the rights to Jason MacElwain.

Can they do that?

They should, even if it's not allowed.

Spectre
05-30-2009, 11:43 PM

Talent > Chemistry

Talent + Chemistry > Both

hn3108
05-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Is anyone else worried that our team's roster for this season was 91 mil and 47 of which came off the bench and was outscored by one guy.

Damien O'Connel
Wow great run, what a season! Seeing lebron hold up that trophy epitimizes what it means to be a sports fan. Stuck with these guys from end of october til now, and to see all of their hard work pay off is jjust so gratifying. All the jokes, pre game rituals, great moments, everything was just so outstanding, and thinking about it after having won the championship is just, wow, what a feeling. Now onto the off season, where we can look to lock up some ring chasing vets, and look to repeat. Enjoy it cavs fans, this was the year.

*post i thought i would be making in "The Official Offseason thread* :(

mAo_mAo
we need a starter caliber PF and C and even a defensive wing player that can hit open shots. James Posey could really get us over the hump over this Oralndo Magic if we had acquired him last off-season. I dont mean to trade for him this offseason but someone in his mold can be highly appreciated

Maybe draft a project player in the draft like him and acquire the PF and C via trades and MLE. Channing Frye can be released and I really want him. He is like a younger, taller, more athletic version of Joe Smith.

LeMVP
Ben Wallace for Chandler and Posey

Z for Z-Bo and Clippers 2nd round pick......

PG Mo
SG West
SF Lebron
PF Z-Bo
C Chandler

Andy as backup center and JJ and DJ backup PF's

MLE on a backup SG/SF and draft a PG.

Goggles11
Talent + Chemistry > Both

Talent and chemistry are better than talent and chemistry? :chuckles:

Sorry, just trying to laugh away the tears....

zmac
Can't believe theres an Official Offseason thread already.

kblade
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
im sorry but I think that AV is gonna ask for a ton and we should not pay him. He seems like he has hit his ceiling. He is a tweener between a PF and a C.

Pavs needs to get dealt this offseason. Get something for him. He doesnt fit in with the team on and off the court.

Bye Walter it was a good run thanks.
Bye Joe your a good rapper good luck with that new cd.
Bye TK your a soldier.
Bye D Blox your a good guy but your the same build as JJ and he needs your mins, if you take the min we can talk if we have room.

ZissisKilla
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Anyone else down for the Cavs signing Reggie Miller just to get him the hell off of TNT?

InBoobieWeTrust
05-30-2009, 11:58 PM
I think we should take a look at Andrei Kirilenko if at all possible.

Amherstcavsfan
05-30-2009, 11:59 PM
BTW, there are only 2 guys on this team I would consider untradeable.

LeBron James and Delonte West. Everyone else can be had for the right price.

Chris
05-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Wow great run, what a season! Seeing lebron hold up that trophy epitimizes what it means to be a sports fan. Stuck with these guys from end of october til now, and to see all of their hard work pay off is jjust so gratifying. All the jokes, pre game rituals, great moments, everything was just so outstanding, and thinking about it after having won the championship is just, wow, what a feeling. Now onto the off season, where we can look to lock up some ring chasing vets, and look to repeat. Enjoy it cavs fans, this was the year.

*post i thought i would be making in "The Official Offseason thread* :(

you just made a tear dribble down my cheek...wow

D-westfan
05-31-2009, 12:03 AM
Maybe swing a trade with Utah; They might be willing to trade some of their young players for sasha; so they have a chance to re-sign Millsap/Boozer... (for example)

Trading people like Ben and Pavs for Kirilenko / Harpring / [Koufus? Brewer?]

Saves them roughly 6 Million, which should allow them to sign millsap & keep okur w/o going over the luxury tax

Hell, even just Trading for Kirilenko / Harpring would help us match up with Boston, LA, and Orlando better...

Trading with NO ( Chandler / Posey) works as well..

Don't wanna trade with the clippers...

"MVP"
05-31-2009, 12:51 AM
MVP's Official Off-season Idea

It is clear to me that we will need some changes this off-season as the Magic have shown some weaknesses in the Cavs. We have some things that Danny Ferry needs to take care of, that is a definite, but here are my ideas of what we need to accomplish:

1. Draft a SG. I know that our biggest need as a team may be getting a big man, there are not many big men able to contribute right away that are possibilities for the Cavs. If we are able to trade up a bit, there are two guys I really want. First is Terrence Williams from Louisville. He does everything very well, from defense to leadership to play making to shooting to driving, and he is a player who can make big plays down the stretch and will wow you with some of his dunks. Next is Gerald Henderson from Duke. He reminds me exactly of Grant Hill. They look alike, play similar, and are both from Duke. He's a good defender with a consistent shot, clutch, can create for himself, and is a major gym rat. However, if we decide to keep our pick, if Texas's Damion James falls to us, he is the pick, IMO. He is a wing man, 6'7" SG-SF. He is long, physical, and tough with good defense, a really good rebounder (especially for a guard), and always stays active in game. The good thing about any three of these guys is that they are all such athletic wing man who are good defenders. They would have been very helpful in this series vs. Orlando.

2. Deal with our free-agents: Lorenzen Wright, Trey Johnson, Wally Szczerbiak, Joe Smith, and Anderson Varejao. It is clear to me what to do with them... We re-sign Andy because LeBron loves him, he is always active, skilled defensive player, his offensive skills are improving, young good big men are hard to come by. After that, goodbye Lo, Trey, Wally, and Joe! Lo and Trey really contributed nothing, but they had no expectations, then Wally had a decent season but rumor has it that he isn't close with the team and Joe just didn't show up ever against Orlando, but even before this series, I knew that I didn't think we should sign him again for another season.

3. Our bench these whole playoffs have been awful. We need to do something about that. My first step in fixing our bench is moving Z to the bench. We need an athletic big man to fill his shoes. It can be a PF or C since which ever one we get, we will just put Andy at the other slot. Not only would this strengthen our bench, but it would also improve our starting line-up very much so. I don't want just an average player coming in! I want someone good! Whether Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire are available, I want a baller. It will need to be in a trade, and even if it means including Hickson, I'm on board to get a good, young, athletic, really good big man. I'm sure we will be hearing more about these options as we draw closer and closer to the summer. The only players on the Cavs who are untouchable are LeBron, Delonte, and Mo, IMO, besides that, anyone can go.

4. Sign Jason Kidd. Step 2 in pumping up our bench. J-Kidd is a great play maker and can hit the three. We already know LeBron loves him, and he will give us a great veteran on the bench.

5. See where this takes us. I want to hold onto Ben Wallace for until the deadline unless we get an offer involving him for a Chris Bosh or Amare type player. Ben is a huge expiring contract for next season who could get us a great player from a desperate team trying to get cap space.

Hopefully these 5 steps are able to break the Cleveland Curse next season. Curious to see your thoughts. Go Cavs!

kaytozee610
05-31-2009, 01:13 AM
i think we should go after rasheed wallace.
sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal.
i dont care how old he is.
hes an upgrade over Z

Qaatar
05-31-2009, 01:15 AM

Talent > Chemistry

Denver should have beaten the Lakers then.

In other words, I don't think bringing in headcases will be a good idea. That means, NO RASHEED.

futuristxen
05-31-2009, 01:18 AM
We should go get Josh Childress out of Europe. He'd be perfect to have coming off the bench, or when we wanted to go with Lebron at the 4. And he's young.

Marvin Williams might be okay too.

CzBoobie
05-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Denver should have beaten the Lakers then.

In other words, I don't think bringing in headcases will be a good idea. That means, NO RASHEED.

You think Denver has more talent than the Lakers?

Man Called X
05-31-2009, 01:27 AM
Number 1 priority, find a god damn big man. Gortat looks nice, can we pull off an MLE contract or does Orlando just hold out for 7 days and match and screw us while other people get signed? I don't know, something has to be done though.

Number 2 priority, get on the phone with Childress' agent, see if he wants back in the NBA. Work out a sign & trade with Atlanta using Sasha's contract.

Cavs17
05-31-2009, 03:57 AM
We all know about the coming of Lebron's contract expiration at the end of the 2010 season. First things first, you sit down with Lebron and try to reach an agreement on a possible extension. That extension most likely wont be right off the bat, we all know that. Lebron is going to obviously say he needs more help badly. As for his surrounding cast there a few members I truly wouldnt get rid of. Mo is a key member of the team even after his poor playoff appeance. Delonte is also a good player, but if we could trade him in a possible trade he would be right out the door, along with varejao, hickson, kinsey, z, pav, and jackson. If i lef anyone else out please let me know. There are a few restricted and unrestricted free agents out there this off season.

Top 10 (eto) and (po)list:
1.Kobe Bryant
2.Carlos Boozer
3.Richard Hamilton-signed ext wit pistons
4.Jermaine Oneal
5.Mehmet Oker
6.Hedo Turkoglu
7.Jamal Crawford
8.Eddy Curry
9.Andy Varejao
10.Al Harrington

Top 10 Restrited Free Agents:
1.Andrew Bynum-signed ext with lakers
2.Danny Granger-signed ext with pacers
3.Marvin Williams
4.David Lee
5.Josh Childress
6.Raymond Felton
7.Charlie Villaneuva
8.Chaning Frye
9.Nenad Kristic
10.Rasad Mccants

Top 10 Unresticted Free Agents
1.Shawn Marion
2.Allen Iverson
3.Ron Artest
4.Lamar Odom
5.Rasheed Wallace
6.Jason Kidd
7.Andre Miller
8.Chris Wilcox
9.Mike Bibby
10.Drew Gooden

I know there are alot of possible trades going around to. Like Armare, but let me know from that list and possible trades what you think the cavs will do. Honestly I know it sounds crazy, but I think it would work out great. Pick up Iverson. Mo at point and Iverson at shooting guard. Not sure that might not be good. I think Lebron can get iverson's head right and him and mo would run the guard positions good. Meanwhile trading away west or keeping him to come off the bench. Dont realease gibson. Three solid guards then in iverson, mo, and gibson. Forwards obviously James and this is where it gets a little more crazy for me to. I think we could get Armare into that line up as well. Id be willing to give up west, andy, hickson, and someone else for him. I think Z has one good year left in him and we could talk ben wallace into not retiring. So Mo at point, Iverson at shooting guard, James at sf, Stoudamire at PF, and Z down low. Might soung a little off the wall and out of reach but I think it might be possible even salary wise to get this done. Let me know your opinions on my team on your own thoughts on what they should do ths offseason for the list of players above or from trades!!!

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 04:00 AM
FYI...Hamilton, Bynum, and Granger have all already signed extensions earlier this year.

artimusprime
05-31-2009, 04:31 AM
I'm sorry but Iverson doesn't make sense for us. We have a player who dominates the ball all the time. We also have a leader who likes to have very strong team chemistry. Iverson works against that. On top of that, a big reason we failed against whorelando is that we didnt have a perimeter player outside of lebron who was above 6 4. This is a huge issue along with the inability of our bigs to guard an athletic big man.

I think if we address one of those flaws, we can actually win it.

killerasengan
05-31-2009, 04:40 AM
Ok, i need yall to critique my rendition of the ideal Cavs team needed to win a Championship.
<br>
starting
<br>
pg - mo williams
<br>
sg - raja bell
<br>
sf - lebron james
<br>
pf - anderson verajao
<br>
c - tyson chandler
<br>
bench
<br>
pg - daniel gibson
<br>
sg - delonte west
<br>
sf - matt barnes
<br>
pf - antonio mcdyess
<br>
c - zydrunas ilgauskas

killerasengan
05-31-2009, 04:52 AM
Ok, i need yall to critique my rendition of the ideal Cavs team needed to win a Championship.
<br>
starting
<br>
pg - mo williams
<br>
sg - raja bell
<br>
sf - lebron james
<br>
pf - anderson verajao
<br>
c - tyson chandler
<br>
bench
<br>
pg - daniel gibson
<br>
sg - delonte west
<br>
sf - matt barnes
<br>
pf - antonio mcdyess
<br>
c - zydrunas ilgauskas

Cavs17
05-31-2009, 04:57 AM
I like that with tyson chandler he would fit in with the cavs great. I like your bench too. Only thing is not a big fan of raja bell, I would rather west start over him.

Aussie
05-31-2009, 05:02 AM
Why, Oh why? The influx has started.

killerasengan
05-31-2009, 05:07 AM
i feel as if raja bell could come easliy to cleveland as the bobcats are in dire straits at the moment as an organization. i like bells defense and he is a knock down 3 point shooter when hes set, i dont like his offensive game too much because he has a hard time creating his own shot, but the fact that he has defense and hes a bigger guard is telling me that he should be more valuable than west. west is awesome, but he fits better as a bench player, tyson chandler can defend howard way better than big z and chandler is relatively young and is a total team player....doesnt complain and is 100% coachable.
i like mo also, and i am willing to give him another year to prove hes 2nd fiddle before going crazy and getting some huge contract players...i am also liking the antonio mcdyess pick up, he does not want to be around detroit while they blow the team up and start all over, that dude has "i wana win" all over his face! i like his heart and i like his defensive energy, hes good for a year or 2 before he gets "joe smithish" on us. i also like matt barnes because hes long and can play multiple positions...plus he knocks down open 3's and can create offense too.

If Anderson Varejao is a starting front court player, we need a big who can shoot, post up, defend the physical guys. Let me know when you have found that guy and then even better, come up with a realistic way of attaining him.

Wine and Gold
05-31-2009, 06:09 AM
C Shaquille Oneill
PF LBJ
SF Vince Carter
SG Matt Barnes
PG Mo Williams

Bench

AK 47
Delonte West
Z
JJ
Darnell Jackson
Tyler Hansbrough

Just winging it ... lol.

Rimage
05-31-2009, 06:41 AM
This team doesn't have the personnel to get significantly better. Wallace/Sasha/Boobie isn't going to land us anything that will change the way this team is composed.

Hickson and Darnell development is all we have..................so, not a lot of hope. Amare or Bosh are out of reach, and that is just be being realistic.

How to get our frontline younger and better is a mystery me. Doesn't seem like a lot of hope for it.

This team doesn't have the personnel to get significantly better. Wallace/Sasha/Boobie isn't going to land us anything that will change the way this team is composed.

Hickson and Darnell development is all we have..................so, not a lot of hope. Amare or Bosh are out of reach, and that is just be being realistic.

How to get our frontline younger and better is a mystery me. Doesn't seem like a lot of hope for it.

You are pretty close to the mark here. What we hope is that a team desperate to enter the free agency 2010 circus is willing to dump a talent and take hold of Ben Wallace's ending deal.

Hey we actually have 2 draft picks. No need to buy them. Thanks Paxson for not selling these ones.

killerasengan
05-31-2009, 07:36 AM
pg - mo williams
sg - dahntay jones (free agency)
sf - lebron james
pf - carlos boozer (free agency)
c - tyson chandler (big z and joe smith)

pg - daniel gibson
sg - delonte west
sf - matt barnes
pf - charlie villanueva (free agency)
c - anderson verajao

sign pf - louis amundson

TheISHT
05-31-2009, 08:34 AM
My offseason rant: I think these moves would improve the team 10 fold.

Ben Wallace, Hickson, and 2 1st round picks for Bosh.

Pavs, Gibson, and Wally (resigned with a buyout) for Chandler.

Resign AV, Sign KIdd with the MLE, find someone else for the LLE (FLIP MUrray type).

Buy a top 20 pick.

New Lineup.

PG Kidd, West
Sg Williams, Kinsey
SF Lebron
PF Bosh, AV, Jackson
C Chandler, Z

sam_slam911
05-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Well first I just wanna say I'm a supporter of Mike Brown, but he really screwed up against Orlando. They had a HUGE mismatch advantage on both ends, but there was a way to beat them and he couldn't stick to it. And right now I'm worried for him. If LeBron is still angry with him after having time to let it settle, he may force Brown out. And I just want to say I'm not a supporter of dumping him.

That said, there are alot of fantastic coaches out there looking for a job, and who would jump at the chance to coach this team, and who are probably waiting to see what happens with Brown before they go after another job. If Brown does get booted, Im for Avery Johnson.

And in terms of roster changes this summer, I think it's clear which areas we need to improve in. We need a post presence with a reliable midrange Jumper who could start next to Andy, and we need a tall defensive guard off the bench who can hit an open shot. Now that's slot to ask for to be honest, but we have some deep holes to overcome before beating a team like Orlando.

I've said for a while and I'll stick to it; we should do everything possible to get Amare Stoudemire. We need to go after offense-first for once and worry about making them defenders later. Amare has continually said recently that he thinks he'll be traded and he sounds like he wants to. We came close to him earlier this year and both he and LeBron were very happy about it. He gives us the size, skill, strength, scoring and at least defensive "ability" to crush Orlando. The ability for him to dominate at PF and C would also be key.

The other obvious bigname player is Bosh. From the sounds of it Toronto are doing everything possible to keep him this year, so it doesn't sound like he's an option yet.

There are other options of course, but we have to really ask if average upgrades like Gortat or even Tyson Chandler will enable us to beat an Orlando team that will have most of it's players SIGNIFICANTLY improved next year, not to mention their star point guard back. Especially since Z will just be another year older.

tgunner333
05-31-2009, 09:19 AM
the guy won coach of the year, I don't think hes going anywhere...

TheISHT
05-31-2009, 09:48 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/05/the_courtside_view_seen_and_he_6.html

I hope the Cavs retool to deal with the Magic next season.

Dudes are straight dickheads using the family photo routine. Check out the picture in the story.

MikeSwim07
05-31-2009, 09:55 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/05/the_courtside_view_seen_and_he_6.html

Dudes are straight dickheads using the family photo routine. Check out the picture in the story.

I hope they lose the championship.

SoundBreaker
05-31-2009, 10:06 AM
My offseason rant: I think these moves would improve the team 10 fold.

Ben Wallace, Hickson, and 2 1st round picks for Bosh.

Whatever it takes.

**** our draft picks.

We never get them right anyways.

BTW, Shannon Brown is contributing to a Laker title run...:thumbdown

Get Bosh by any means necessary.

Unfortunatley, I don't see TOR trading him to an East team. :(

Remember, Ray and KG both came from the West

LondonCav
05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
I have trust in Ferry, I think he CAN get us Bosh or Amare..

Just got to play the waiting game now :D

Damien O'Connel
05-31-2009, 11:04 AM
i want chandler, we dont NEED offense

RajaBell
05-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Get rid of Varejao + Pavs + Ben

and try to get , for example : Kirilenko at PF (where he was best), Chris Bosh (the Pau of LBJ)

Camby ?, Chandler, James Posey,

Damien O'Connel
05-31-2009, 11:13 AM
chandler, ariza are my two picks

RajaBell
05-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Get rid of Varejao + Pavs + Ben

and try to get , for example : Kirilenko at PF (where he was best), Chris Bosh (the Pau of LBJ)

Camby ?, Chandler, James Posey,

johnnycake44022
05-31-2009, 11:18 AM

I saw that...that and the way they closed out that game will be remembered...I don't understand the hatred they have for the Cavs.

HipHopSocialist
05-31-2009, 11:23 AM
I saw that...that and the way they closed out that game will be remembered...I don't understand the hatred they have for the Cavs.

they all wish they were the king so they got lucky one time that KG was out and they got the matchups made in heaven in there eyes so they gotta live it up congratz classless magic see ya next season...

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 11:30 AM
C Shaquille Oneill
PF LBJ
SF Vince Carter
SG Matt Barnes
PG Mo Williams

Bench

AK 47
Delonte West
Z
JJ
Darnell Jackson
Tyler Hansbrough

Just winging it ... lol.

I know you were just winging it....but...wow...that payroll is like...110 million dollars.

Z would have to opt out and take the vet minimum for that to happen.

Goggles11
05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
C Shaquille Oneill
PF LBJ
SF Vince Carter
SG Matt Barnes
PG Mo Williams

Bench

AK 47
Delonte West
Z
JJ
Darnell Jackson
Tyler Hansbrough

Just winging it ... lol.

Um...wow? By just winging it do you mean you turned on NBA Live dynasty mode and went nuts or can you really see this type of offseason happening?

MikeSwim07
05-31-2009, 11:38 AM
I have never seen Tyson Chandler play. Is he like an amazing defender?

RajaBell
05-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Could we get Ginobili ?

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 11:39 AM
I have never seen Tyson Chandler play. Is he like an amazing defender?

He definitely isn't getting paid 11 million a year for his offensive prowess.

MikeSwim07
05-31-2009, 11:44 AM
How could we afford 11m if he came here?

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 11:45 AM
How could we afford 11m if he came here?

It'd have to be by trade, obviously.

sam_slam911
05-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Chandler is not an "elite" defender yet. He showed last season that hes as capable as anyone in the league in rebounding and blocking shots. If thats all defense was then yeah hed be an amazing defender. But I think he needs a bit more strength and avvy defending in the paint before you start calling him an "amazing" defender. And offensively, hes been pretty disappionting for such an atlhetic guy. He can catch lobs and dunk with authority, good pick n roll player and can run the floor. Hes still got room to grow offensively but he'll never be a guy you throw the ball down low to and expect to score in the post.

And with the whole Mike Brown being fired thing, obviosly its unlikely. But I still say in this rare circumstance its possible. Usually after this kind of upset the coach would only be fired if the team came out the following season and had a bad start. But LeBron has obviously had his doubts with Mike Brown in the past, and it goes without saying that LeBron gets what he wants. Im just saying that if LeBron blames this postseason totally on Brown, its possible they bring someone else in who LeBron would have full trust in.

jvpertz
05-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Just get Tyson Chandler.

We arent going to stop Dwight Howard all of the time. The goal here is to not get CRUSHED by him every time down the floor. We currently have no ability to stop him.

I actually think bringing in Gortat could help as crazy as that sounds. The Magic wont be able to resign him.

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
I really think we're going to see a few things happen...

We'll get Shaq.(Ben, Sasha, #46)

Bring back Varejao. Bring back Joe Smith(veteran MINIMUM)

We'll buy NOH's draft pick. #21.

In the draft....we'll draft Sam Young at 21. I'll get to #30 in a second.

With the MLE, we will offer contracts to Kidd, Ariza, and a few other guys. If Kidd stays put, we'll draft a PG at 30. Look for the MLE to bring us an athletic wing. We could also look at Gortat. We'll see. I'll just put Ariza in there now, although I don't think we'll get him.

Mo/Boobie/#30PG
Delonte/Ariza(or is it Ariza/Delonte?!!?)
Bron/Sam Young
AV/JJ/Joe
Shaq/Z/DJ

TruBuckeye22
05-31-2009, 01:21 PM
well the 1st thing they have to do is get any retirement thoughts out of Ben Wallace's head. if he were to walk and the Cavs lose his 14mil expiring they also lose their most valuable trade chip. hopefully they can use his contract to get a guy like Kaman, Camby, or Chandler. maybe a guy like Richard Jefferson. I guess with Camby only making 7.6mil next season the Cavs could use Sasha and maybe picks to get him. I guess we will have to wait and see who become available and if teams are willing to trade for Wallace in the offseason rather than wait for the trade deadline. maybe some sign and trade possiblities out there too?

I am very interested to see how the Varejao contract thing is going to play out. with teams trying to get as far under the cap for 2010 and the tough economy there doesn't seem as if there will be much money out there for him this offseason so maybe he does end up picking up the player option?

I have always just assumed that Z would pick up his option and be back next season at 11.5mil but maybe the Cavs can talk him into declining and signing back for less....but I would doubt it.

will the Cavs use their MLE this offseason? I would think they have to just to fill out the roster. if Wallace doesn't retire, Z and Andy pick up their options, plus they keep and sign their picks that puts the Cavs at 12 players on the books. could the Cavs get a guy like Shawn Marion to sign for 1 yr at the MLE to try and win a title then go back out next summer when there is more money to go around? this is a list of free agents that I would have at least some interest in.
Ron Artest
Jason Kidd
Shawn Marion
Andre Miller
Lamar Odom
Allen Iverson
Rasheed Wallace
Carlos Boozer-player option
Ben Gordon
Mike Bibby
Josh Childress-restricted
Glen Davis-restricted
Leon Powe-restricted
Raymond Felton-Restricted
Brandon Bass
Gerald Green
Dahntay Jones
Linas Klieza-restricted
Antonio McDysee
Jamal Crawford-ETO
Von Wafer
Jarret Jack-Restricted
Marquis Daniels-team option
Trevor Ariza
Hakim Warrick-restricted
Rodney Carney
David Lee-restricted
Nate Robinson-restricted
Chris Wilcox
Hedo Turkoglu-ETO
Grant Hill
Matt Barnes
Ike Diogu-restricted
Rashad McCants-restricted
Anthony Parker
Paul Millsap-restricted
Kyle Korver-ETO
Mehmet Okur-ETO
Marvin Williams-restricted

some of those guys would be last resort signings when other options have dried upand some of those guys are not realistic possibilities.

not sure what to make of the draft at the moment. it doesn't seem like a very strong draft class and where the Cavs pick who knows what will be there? the class seems especially weak when it comes to big men so I would guess anybody who has much of a chance of playing year 1 will be off the board but I guess they could get lucky and find a guy who could be something down the road. it seems much more likely that the Cavs will have a chance to add some depth to the PG position or on the wing. others have mentioned Sam Young and I think that would be about the best case scenerio if he fell to the Cavs at 32. He has good size, can defend, rebounds, solid offensive skills, and seems like he could be in the rotation from day 1. he doesn't hhave a ton of upside but should be a good player for a number of years. the one guy who will most likely be there who seems like he has some upside and could be a steal down the road is DaJuan Summers.

aaronbev79
05-31-2009, 01:25 PM
I think we do two very simple things (lol...people always make trades sound so simple so I thought I'd join in!)...

First -- take Wally's money and spend it on Ariza -- not all of it, but enough to get him here.

Second -- take all of our trading chips and get the type of interior presense we need.

That would allow us to move West and Z to the bench -- giving us depth.

Possible Roster:

Starters
Mo
Lebron
Ariza
AV
New Big

Bench
West
Z
Tk
DJ
???

PIP
05-31-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't know what's going to happen this off season, but I do take comfort in knowing that Windhorst said Sasha is outta here... That works for me...

aaronbev79
05-31-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't know what's going to happen this off season, but I do take comfort in knowing that Windhorst said Sasha is outta here... That works for me...

Where's Windhorst going?

Besides our shitlist...

DJTJ
05-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Honestly, I think we ask Ben not to retire otherwise, there won't be much on the trade front. I think Ben will agree to a trade, and we'll get interior post presence that way, or through the draft. I could see something like Wallace, our Second and filler for shaq.... IDK how much phoenix would want that... It's doubtful we will get a mega-star name, but the true fact that Kidd could ACTUALLY sign for MLE to play with LeBron is great. For once, LBJ would be able to get the ball in the post, and we'd HAVE a playmaker....

Needs:

1. Interior Big who can muscle it up.

2. A wing who can actually knock down a long jump shot.

3. Talent

Draft:

30: Dionte Christmas

why?: The spark plug. I really fell in love with him as a prospect after watching the A-10 championship game. He shot 37 % from behind the arc, is an excellent free throw shooter. Not the freak athlete I'd like, but his talent is what makes him my pick.

46: AJ Price

why?: I like Price and his ability to knock down a long jump shot. He's athletic enough to play SG or PG, but his weight will hinder his ability to defend bigger SG's and PG's. At this point, I think he's a steal.

I think we buy one of portlands seconds... I think either 56 OR 38.. FOr the sake of realness, I say we buy 56.

56- Garrett Siler

why?: The steal of the draft. He originally played basketball to lose weight, and after losing 53 pounds has became a monster. At 6-11 305, I think he is the muscle in the middle we need. He's slow, but I think he could be that effective mean streak player to shut down what we now know as our biggest defensive problem in Dwight Howard.

Lineup

PG: Mo Williams/ AJ Price / Boobie

SG: Delonte West/ Dionte Christmas / Boobie

SF: LBJ/ Christmas

PF: AV/ JJ Hickson / Darnell

C: Z/ Garrett Siler

I still think that there are question marks with Ben and the possibility of Jason Kidd. If Kidd odes in fact sign, I think AJ Price, would not be an option, and would be replaced with Jon Brockman

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 01:29 PM
I think we do two very simple things (lol...people always make trades sound so simple so I thought I'd join in!)...

First -- take Wally's money and spend it on Ariza -- not all of it, but enough to get him here.

Unfortunately, the salary cap doesn't work like that. We won't have actual cap room to spend on players unless Z opts out and Ben takes a cheap buyout. The most we can offer Ariza is the full MLE.

PIP
05-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Ariza is young, grew up in LA, went to the greatest college out there (UCLA) and is now a Laker..

I doubt Ariza is going anywhere...

BRInQ
05-31-2009, 01:31 PM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InBoobieWeTrust For This Useful Post: SoS, Wine and Gold

Awwwwww sh!t

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 01:34 PM
I guess I can die happy now.

ZissisKilla
05-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Having AK, Delonte and possibly Z on one team is like building an army of Dick Tracy villains.

camakazee
05-31-2009, 01:38 PM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InBoobieWeTrust For This Useful Post: SoS, Wine and Gold

Awwwwww sh!t

W&G hinting at our options?

I think we should acquire both Bosh and Stoudemire.

*Awaits W&G rep* :fingersx:

GilbertForPres
05-31-2009, 01:43 PM
I'd love to get AK 47, but he makes 16 million next season, so he'd ruin our capspace to get Bosh or another superstar.

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
A quick list of athletic wings who defend, and who are on contracts that could very well be moved this offseason.

Stephen Jackson
James Posey
Richard Jefferson
John Salmons
Marquis Daniels(this guy really intrigues me, by the way)
J-Rich(not quite a great defender..but athletic and able)
Kirilenko(kind of a quasi wing/big...very versatile)
Travis Outlaw

Chardon
05-31-2009, 01:45 PM
I guess no one gets to see my avatar now.

Im ganna go master

karate now.

Mr. Glass
05-31-2009, 01:49 PM
A quick list of athletic wings who defend, and who are on contracts that could very well be moved this offseason.

Stephen Jackson
James Posey
Richard Jefferson
John Salmons
Marquis Daniels(this guy really intrigues me, by the way)
J-Rich(not quite a great defender..but athletic and able)
Kirilenko(kind of a quasi wing/big...very versatile)
Travis Outlaw

Always did like Travis Outlaw.

Overall the biggest need a seven foot tall center with some muscle and the stones to take on Howard straight up. Do what it takes to get a legitimate young BIG man in here. I'm tired of our tallest player being slow as a tortoise and our second tallest player rolling over like a tumbleweed four times a quarter.

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, a legit big will likely have to come via trade for our expirings.

KIisKing
05-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Marquis Daniels will be flying under my radar. He would be a great replacement for Sasha. He isnt a good three ball shooter, just average at the line, and gets injured a lot. With a reduced role though some pressure will be taken off him and hopefully he could contribute.

The one thing I hope to god we dont do this off season is sit and do nothing because we won 66-games. Kinda like what happened in 2007. There is definitely room for improvement.

Cavs17
05-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Ok here it is, this is all capable with salary cap space and I believe trading. I think we can trade Andy V, Hickson, 1st and 2 Second round draft picks this year to possibly get Bosh and if we had throw someone else in we could. If possible trade West, Sasha, and 2010 2nd round draft pick for Raja bellThere are 4 free agents that catch my eye. Matt Barnes, Jermaine O'neal, Dahntay Jones and Antonio Mcdyess. Correct me if im wrong but after making those trades and maybe realeasing a player or so it doesnt exceed cap space. This is my team which is possible but unlikely. Your opinions on it!!!!!!
Pg-Mo Williams
Sg-Raja Bell
Sf-Lebron James
Pf-Chris Bosh
C-Jermaine O'neal

Bench:

pg-Boobie Gibson
sg-Dahntay Jones
Sf-Matt Barnes
Pf-Antonio Mcdyess
C-Z

InBoobieWeTrust
05-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Jermaine O Neal won't be a free agent unless he opts out of his 21 million dollar contract.

Your plan is completely unrealistic.

Cavs17
05-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Ok here it is, this is all capable with salary cap space and I believe trading. I think we can trade Andy V, Hickson, 1st and 2 Second round draft picks this year to possibly get Bosh and if we had throw someone else in we could. If possible trade West, Sasha, and 2010 2nd round draft pick for Raja bellThere are 4 free agents that catch my eye. Matt Barnes, Jermaine O'neal, Dahntay Jones and Antonio Mcdyess. Correct me if im wrong but after making those trades and maybe realeasing a player or so it doesnt exceed cap space. This is my team which is possible but unlikely. Your opinions on it!!!!!!

Pg-Mo Williams
Sg-Raja Bell
Sf-Lebron James
Pf-Chris Bosh
C-Jermaine O'neal

Bench:

pg-Boobie Gibson
sg-Dahntay Jones
Sf-Matt Barnes
Pf-Antonio Mcdyess
C-Z

Mr. Glass
05-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, a legit big will likely have to come via trade for our expirings.

Undoubtedly, but no Kendrick Perkins types come to mind (especially when it comes to youth), and if they did it wouldn't be cheap.

As far as wings go, Kirlienko interests me, I think he could use a change of scenery and would be a huge asset against the long, talented Magic forwards. It depends on what you think of a potential "All Star Bigman Trade".

KIisKing
05-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Were not trading West for Raja Bell. Ever!

Cavs17
Jermaine can easily opt out he wants to win and who wouldnt want to play with Lebron.

InBoobieWeTrust
I think that if Bosh/Stat are traded, Chicago, Miami, and GSW all have offers that destroy anything we could put together.

I think they're a pipe dream.

KIisKing
05-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Ok I'm just throw out a crazy idea!

The Cavs team is great. Were great because we won 66- games were 39-2 at home and we have the best basketball player in the world. Were great against every team accept Orlando. Yeah, it sucks. So these ideas of replacing Z and trading West are stupid. The only thing we have to do this off season is add guys that are "specialists" I guess you can them that. Guys like Ariza who can defend basically every position. Not saying that Ariza would come here because realistically he wont. Thats why I think Barnes and Childress would be great opportunities.

We dont need to upheaval our roster just to beat Orlando.

Cavs17
05-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Ok I'm just throw out a crazy idea!

The Cavs team is great. Were great because we won 66- games were 39-2 at home and we have the best basketball player in the world. Were great against every team accept Orlando. Yeah, it sucks. So these ideas of replacing Z and trading West are stupid. The only thing we have to do this off season is add guys that are "specialists" I guess you can them that. Guys like Ariza who can defend basically every position. Not saying that Ariza would come here because realistically he wont. Thats why I think Barnes and Childress would be great opportunities.

We dont need to upheaval our roster just to beat Orlando.

Ummm did you watch the series with Z down low we virtualy had no center at all. He needs replaced asap or come off the bench. The only two options for that are picking up Jermaine O'neal or trading for Chandler.

KIisKing
05-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Ummm did you watch the series with Z down low we virtualy had no center at all. He needs replaced asap or come off the bench. The only two options for that are picking up Jermaine O'neal or trading for Chandler.

Ummm yes I did watch that series. The fact is that there is like 2 people in the league that can guard Howard. Howard had a great playoffs, hes a great player. He is almost un-stoppable in the post with his size and strength. Z is getting old but hes not responsible for us losing to Orlando. Z almost comes off the bench anyways. He doesnt play a lot of minutes.

Chandler is a possibilty, but I wish there was better option. Chandler has no offense and is injured all the time. Also there is no way JO opts out of his contract. You would be crazy not to get paid 21 million! The only real option we have is to add depth to the bench.

abuC
05-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Sasha and Gibson or Zydrunas for Tyson Chandler - The Hornets were 10 games above .500 and tried to trade him for Wilcox/Smith, that's all you need to know about where they stand with their financial status.

Hope that the Suns are truly looking to save money and will take Hickson, Wallets and 2 firsts for Amare, keep in mind Amare is currently doing a summer tour on local radio stations whoring himself out to whatever city he's in at the time. If the Cavs have to move Anderson to facilitate a 3-team deal to get Amare you do it.

I couldn't care less about how they would fill out the rest of the roster, but it's imperative that the frontcourt gets younger and more athletic. Say all you want about them winning 66 games, but the team is in need of an infusion of talent in the worst way.

Cavs17
05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Well im all for sendng a few players or picks down to New Orleans for Chanldler. Come playoff time next year he could do some damage to Howard. Z is to slow, but he does have that good Jumpshot, we need more explosivness downlow thought. Its about time to let see go anyways. Im not for that, im for him being a bench player.

Cavs17
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Sasha and Gibson or Zydrunas for Tyson Chandler - The Hornets were 10 games above .500 and tried to trade him for Wilcox/Smith, that's all you need to know about where they stand with their financial status.

Hope that the Suns are truly looking to save money and will take Hickson, Wallets and 2 firsts for Amare, keep in mind Amare is currently doing a summer tour on local radio stations whoring himself out to whatever city he's in at the time. If the Cavs have to move Anderson to facilitate a 3-team deal to get Amare you do it.

I couldn't care less about how they would fill out the rest of the roster, but it's imperative that the frontcourt gets younger and more athletic. Say all you want about them winning 66 games, but the team is in need of an infusion of talent in the worst way.

Exactly do whatever it takes to get Armare or Bosh. If your able to get one of them and Chandler, it would be the greatest thing to happen to Cleveland sports since LJ.

*L-Train*
05-31-2009, 03:26 PM

he's terrible believe me. i've watched the utah lakers series and since they gave him that ridiculess contract he has become an average player at best. he can't even hit open shots...

NarlCavs
05-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Of course ideally you start by making a run at the big high quality possibilities like Bosh or Amare. I just don't personally think there's a high probability of the Cavs being able to acquire either. I'm trying to lower my sights and be a little more realistic.

I like Chandler but it's become pretty clear if the Cavs acquire another big man he has to have offensive ability. We need a post scoring threat and a player with size who opposing defenses have to pay attention to. If you get Chandler then you also have to go out and get a better scoring threat at PF. If the price was right I'm not against it but it would also have to lead to other moves.

Looking over C's who might be available the name I keep going back to is Chris Kamen. He's not perfect but he is a skilled big who is productive, would bring a big body, a post scoring threat, and a C who still has a lot of years left. I also think there's a chance he could be acquired at a pretty cheap price and is a possibility for another Mo Williams type deal.
There are some injury issues that the Cavs would have to feel good about but that's the same case with Chandler too. 2 years ago Kamen averaged 15.7 pts, 12.7 reb's and 2.8 blocks. I just see him as representing a chance to get a solid C who's still young for a good price.

I'd like to see it be a starting quality player if a big is acquired. I don't see Gortat or Pachulia as being players who can start and provide major quality minutes over a whole season.

A big I've always thought might fit well with the Cavs is Channing Frye. It does look like his days in Portland might be done. He can be a little soft but has produced in the past when given minutes and does bring needed size up front at 6-11. The Cavs do need more length up front. With Joe Smith possibly done as a Cav and Z fading, a big with perimeter shooting ability is needed. I also think Frye would be a good compliment to Varejao.

Kirilenko would fit well and help in a match up with Orlando but he also has one of the worst contracts in the NBA. If the Cavs were to trade for him they should have to give up very little and probably get something else back from the Jazz for doing them the favor of relieving them of this contract and giving them room to keep other key players. His contract could limit what else the Cavs can do so I don't know if trading for him is a move they'd pursue.

As far as wing players, Josh Childress is probably the most intriguing option. He would take the whole MLE to sign and is restricted though. He does pretty much fill just about everything the Cavs need there although his shooting range doesn't extend out deep.

I don't see Ariza leaving the Lakers so don't see him as a real option. Hakim Warrick is interesting but also doesn't possess deep range. You do need shooters around LeBron.

Matt Barnes might represent one of the best of the cheaper options. If the Cavs want to take a chance on a player who's still younger than Rodney Carney is worth a look if you can get him real cheap.

A veteran wing player who I think would fit well but would also only be a short term answer is Anthony Parker. Solid all around player who can defend pretty well and shoot with range and who's also 6-6 to add size to the backcourt.

Realistically this offseason I'd be looking at a trade for Kamen, Frye signing at a reasonable price and adding at least one wing player from among Childress, Barnes, Warrick or Parker.
Moves like this would still leave the Cavs with salary and roster flexibility and the ability to still make more deals and improvements either in this offseason, during next season or during the offseason of 2010.

TruBuckeye22
05-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Draft:

30: Dionte Christmas

why?: The spark plug. I really fell in love with him as a prospect after watching the A-10 championship game. He shot 37 % from behind the arc, is an excellent free throw shooter. Not the freak athlete I'd like, but his talent is what makes him my pick.

46: AJ Price

why?: I like Price and his ability to knock down a long jump shot. He's athletic enough to play SG or PG, but his weight will hinder his ability to defend bigger SG's and PG's. At this point, I think he's a steal.

I like Christmas.....my 1st choice would be Sam Young if he is still on the board but I would be happy with Christmas. I don't think he has the same type of ball handling skills but he does remind me some of Courtney Lee who I really wanted the Cavs to draft last season. I could be wrong but I think they could still get Christmas at pick 46 and use the 1st rd pick on a guy like Young, DaJuan Summers, Derrik Brown, Patric Mills. I think Summers and Brown are somewhat rsisks because their intensity seems to come and go but if you can get them focused and playing hard you are getting great talent at 30.

at 46 like I said before I think Christmas could still be available. if not I would look Toney Douglas over Price iif on the board. I think Douglas has the ability to make a solid PG, he may always be a shoot 1st type guy but he IMO will be a better all around player then Gibson as he can create off the dribble and defend. I do like Jerel McNeal who DX and NBAdraft.net have the Cavs taking in the 2nd. not the ideal size that the Cavs need to find in the back court but he reminds me some of West. he is going to be a tough defender and have the ability to give you some scoring. Danny Green would be a guy with a little more size that can bring a solid all around kind of game off the bench.

what I have heard and been able to read about Patrick Beverley he sounds like he could be an interesting prospect. not sure if he still in the draft but I also like Greivis Vasquez in the 2nd rd.

Marquis Daniels will be flying under my radar. He would be a great replacement for Sasha. He isnt a good three ball shooter, just average at the line, and gets injured a lot. With a reduced role though some pressure will be taken off him and hopefully he could contribute.

Daniels was a guy I mentioned around the trade deadline who I wished the Cavs could bring in. not a great shooter from deep but is effective on the offensive end but more importantly brings some size and can defend both 2s and 3s. the problem is the Pacers have the option on him and he isn't due to make all that much so I don't see why they wouldn't pick up his option.

TruBuckeye22
05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Realistically this offseason I'd be looking at a trade for Kamen, Frye signing at a reasonable price and adding at least one wing player from among Childress, Barnes, Warrick or Parker.
Moves like this would still leave the Cavs with salary and roster flexibility and the ability to still make more deals and improvements either in this offseason, during next season or during the offseason of 2010.

sure I would love to get Amare or Bosh but I think Kaman is a good guy to target

Da_James_Gang
05-31-2009, 09:56 PM

I like the way you are thinking with Kaman and Frye. Kaman is capable of scoring around the basket, he has a high motor, he is a decent defender, has a big body, runs the floor well and a really good rebounder. He is very young and his value might be low right now. There are injury concerns but at the right price i would take him in a heart beat. Frye would be a solid option off the bench, a guy who can come in a knock down shots.

D-westfan
06-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Out: Kinsey, Wallace, Gibson, Pavlovic, 3m cash

In: Chandler, Kirilenko, (NO / UTH pick[s]?)

Sign Kidd with MLE

Draft a SG / SF / PG

Mo / Kidd / Draft Pick
Delonte / Kidd / Draft Pick
LeBron / Kirilenko / Draft pick
Kirilenko / Hickson / D-Jax
Chandler / Z

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5094504

TruBuckeye22
06-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Out: Kinsey, Wallace, Gibson, Pavlovic, 3m cash

In: Chandler, Kirilenko, (NO / UTH pick[s]?)

Sign Kidd with MLE

Draft a SG / SF / PG

Mo / Kidd / Draft Pick
Delonte / Kidd / Draft Pick
LeBron / Kirilenko / Draft pick
Kirilenko / Hickson / D-Jax
Chandler / Z

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5094504

The Cavs are still be served by upgrading at the 2 so West can come off the bench. he did show this year he is able to play starters minutes if needed but I think the Cavs will look to up grade at the 2 this offseason.

D-westfan
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
The Cavs are still be served by upgrading at the 2 so West can come off the bench. he did show this year he is able to play starters minutes if needed but I think the Cavs will look to up grade at the 2 this offseason.

I'd say that too - but our front court is not that good, lol.

Heck, you 'could always' trade Z for Vince Carter, and re-sign varejao

Team looks like:
Mo/Kidd
VC/Delonte
LeBron/ Draft Pick?
AK47 / JJ / D-Jax
TC / Andy

If only GMing were so easy =[

NarlCavs
06-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but I can't think the Cavs will panic as much as some are. Of course improvements have to be made and there's every reason to think they will be made.
There's seems to be too much feeling that this team is terrible and forgetting just what was accomplished, how far the Cavs went, and how far they've come.
From many reactions coming from fans and media in NE Ohio you'd think Orlando swept the Cavs and blew them out by 30 each game. The only bad loss was in game 6. It took huge last second shots for Orlando to win 2 of their games. If Mo Williams shoots even 40% in the first 4 games rather than 32% the Cavs may have won this series.

There shouldn't be panic that the Cavs have to turn over their whole roster, make massive changes or that they have no chance to ever win.
The Cavs have more capability, flexibility and resources to enable them to make improvements to their roster than any other Eastern contender.

TruBuckeye22
06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but I can't think the Cavs will panic as much as some are. Of course improvements have to be made and there's every reason to think they will be made.
There's seems to be too much feeling that this team is terrible and forgetting just what was accomplished, how far the Cavs went, and how far they've come.
From many reactions coming from fans and media in NE Ohio you'd think Orlando swept the Cavs and blew them out by 30 each game. The only bad loss was in game 6. It took huge last second shots for Orlando to win 2 of their games. If Mo Williams shoots even 40% in the first 4 games rather than 32% the Cavs may have won this series.

There shouldn't be panic that the Cavs have to turn over their whole roster, make massive changes or that they have no chance to ever win.
The Cavs have more capability, flexibility and resources to enable them to make improvements to their roster than any other Eastern contender.

I don't think they are going to/should panic either but I do think because they want to do whatever they can to not only keep LeBron but win it all next season while they know they have him. I fully expect them to Wallace's and Sasha's contracts plus their MLE to upgrade as much as possible. maybe even a sign and trade with Varejao if he does indeed opt out and they can't bring him back at a good price.

johnnycake44022
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I could probably post this under :biggest douche bag" but I couldn't find it.

Apparently, Wally is going to give 29 other teams a chance to bid on his services @ 1:28. Sounds like a guy that thinks hes going to have a lot of offers to mull over this offseason. Based on his game 6 performance, I can see why he believes that :rolleyes:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/2009/05/31/szczerbiak.090531.cavaliers/index.html