PDA

View Full Version : Boozer staying

chuck1003
06-30-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_12724003

Jazz Blog
Steve Luhm and Ross Siler offer more insight on the Jazz and the NBA in their blog. The latest:
So much still undecided 06/30/2009
Related

* Utah Jazz
* Jun 30:
* Jazz moves: O'Connor, Okur agent meet with no decision made
* Jun 29:
* Utah Jazz: Price, Collins also free agents of note
* Jazz moves: Korver opts in, Boozer to follow?
* Jun 28:
* Utah Jazz: Maynor's father comes full circle
* Utah Jazz: Okur likely to opt out
* Jun 27:
* Utah Jazz: Frenzy of free agency looms
* Monson: Jazz draft pick Goran Suton has half a chance

Carlos Boozer has opted in on his contract to play for the Jazz for one more season, the Tribune has learned. Boozer stands to make $12.7 million under that deal and will become a free agent next season.

A representative from Boozer's agent, Rob Pelinka, delivered notice to the Jazz a little before 3 p.m.

Boozer averaged 16.2 points a game last season and 10.4 rebounds with the Jazz last season. In the playoffs, those numbers bumped up to 20.6 points a game and 13.2 rebounds.

RchfldCavRaised
06-30-2009, 05:39 PM
F@#$! Carlos Boozer

Chris
06-30-2009, 05:39 PM
So Millsap is moving?

edit: lets get em

castor777
06-30-2009, 05:40 PM
That's not good. Now teams with salary are going to really target CV and offer him more money than we can.

I don't like this at all. Somehow Boozer may have found a way to screw Cleveland once again...

The Edge
06-30-2009, 05:42 PM
No, Utah is getting screwed here.

Yanni Football
06-30-2009, 05:44 PM
I could see them moving Booze and keeping Millsap

2krazee4LIFE
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
"No, Utah is getting screwed here."

That may be true, but it's more both/and than either/or. More good players in FA = more value for our MLE.

2krazee4LIFE
06-30-2009, 05:46 PM
"I could see them moving Booze and keeping Millsap"

How about AV & Gibson for Boozer?

stycool24
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
More reasons to hate that fa**ot, Carlos Boozer! He is a anti-Cav. Now, don't even want him on this team, if there is a opportunity later on!

castor777
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
"I could see them moving Booze and keeping Millsap"

How about AV & Gibson for Boozer?

They'd have to agree to pay AV 10 million a year for those salaries to match. Would any team in the NBA even consider that? The answer - no.

Benedict_Boozer
06-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Jazz fans are pissed

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=920727

Amherstcavsfan
06-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, there goes any hope for Charlie, the Pistons will overpay him to get him in Detroit...my bet is something around 7-8 million a year.

Fun while it lasted.

KIisKing
06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
This is guy is a jack ass to every team he plays on. I hope Shaq dunks on his face and breaks his nose.

johnny
06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Wow..Boozer about to screw us (and the Jazz) over again..

CleFan22
06-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Why is this news honestly? If CV wants to truly be a Cavalier were going to find out. Money or a great chance for the ring. I want players that want o play for Cleveland.

KCOTT
06-30-2009, 05:56 PM
this screws Utah more than it screws Cleveland

Amherstcavsfan
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Why is this news honestly? If CV wants to truly be a Cavalier were going to find out. Money or a great chance for the ring. I want players that want o play for Cleveland.

lol, dude is 24, he's going to make some money. And can you blame him? If someone is going to offer me 3 million more than the other guy, I'm going to take that extra 3 million.

2krazee4LIFE
06-30-2009, 05:59 PM
"They'd have to agree to pay AV 10 million a year for those salaries to match. Would any team in the NBA even consider that? The answer - no."

Isn't Boozer signed for a little over 12 mil this season?

SoundBreaker
06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
http://fast1.onesite.com/cavfanatic.com/user/carlosloozer/profile.jpg

MoFlo
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
More reasons to hate that fa**ot, Carlos Boozer! He is a anti-Cav. Now, don't even want him on this team, if there is a opportunity later on!

Yeah, I'm sure Boozer was going back & forth weighing the pros & cons of opting out or not and thought to himself "you know, if I don't opt out, the Cavs will lose out on Villenueva.. that seals the deal"

:rolleyes:

BorntobeCLE
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
POS boozer. i cant stand him, screwing us once again. Hopefully Detroit now makes a 8-10 mill offer to mislap.

Brizzle
06-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Utah can do what Denver did with Camby and trade him to Detroit to create a huge trade exception and get a draft pick. Detroit is far enough under the cap to do it.

stycool24
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM

But, Even if someone really wanted to play for Cleveland and win a championship, I don't think they would decline a 3-4 mill+ offer to play for a champion ship contender.

No one in the NBA would do that.

Lets just hope that Detroit won't try over pay him, and just offers him something close to a mle.

brothers1759
06-30-2009, 06:15 PM
They'd have to agree to pay AV 10 million a year for those salaries to match. Would any team in the NBA even consider that? The answer - no.

How do you figure???

Boozer is now due $12.7 million....Gibson is due like $4.1. Put Andy somewhere in the $8 million range and it works.

I just don't think the Jazz would do it.

They'd take on long term deals and still have all their cap and luxury tax issues. How does that help them?

PleezeBelieveII
06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Salaries don't have to match dollar for dollar...lol. 25%, that's it.

Cavs can sign AV for 7 mill and include him and Boobie in a S & T for Boozer.

But its a mute point anway cause Utah wants to shed salary anyway.

BBurks4144
06-30-2009, 06:22 PM
"They'd have to agree to pay AV 10 million a year for those salaries to match. Would any team in the NBA even consider that? The answer - no."

Isn't Boozer signed for a little over 12 mil this season?

BTW, There is a button in the bottom right-hand side of each post that says "Quote"...

blackmagicGTI
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Aside from the financials and the long term contracts that the Jazz wouldn't want, why would they want Gibson when Korver just opted in?

Boozer made the smart decision. Unfortunately it wasn't the best for the Cavs but that doesn't make him an a-hole. Why leave almost $13 million on the table in this economy?

Wonder now if they'll lose Milsap because of this.

daytripper
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
"I'm opting out. No matter what, I'm going to get a raise regardless," Boozer told ESPN.com. "I am going to opt out.

Seriously the more things change the more they stay the same. There is nothing to like about this guy. :thumbdown

CleFan22
Oh, I am not going to be upset at CV for taking the extra money if he decides too. But it will show his true intentions of the game/business aspect.

Lee
Boozer is traded to detroit for olberto maybe detroit even gets a 2nd....utah wants to shed salary. Deal works since Detroit has the cap room. Trading olberto instead of buying out gives pistons even more cap. They then extend a contract to boozer. Boozer is locked up for years to screw detroit...win win for us. They now have about 8 million to go out and sign Ben for 5 year 50 million with the 8% increases allowed. They now have both the players they wanted and the cap room to get it. Plus, it works for cavs as both players i dont think make detroit that much better,

stycool24
06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Actually, now I think about it, I think Detroit would rather go for Milsap, David Lee etc, before trying to overpay CV. Or, like Lee said, maybe they trade Boozer for a # pick with/out Jason Maxiell or someone.

LeBomb_James
06-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh, I am not going to be upset at CV for taking the extra money if he decides too. But it will show his true intentions of the game/business aspect.

CleFan22, WTH are you talking about? Would you take a job paying $50,000 a year over one paying $90,000 a year because the situation was a little better or the company was a little more prestigious?

The bottom line is that at midnight tonight, the Cavs will offer $5.8M and Detroit will offer far more UNLESS they don't offer yet because they don't have a coach.

Toronto ($7.8M), Oklahoma City ($15.9M), Minnesota ($7.7M), Memphis ($19.6M) and Detroit ($17.5M) as the only teams far enough below the cap to outbid the MLE to land a free agent. Detroit wanted Boozer or CV31. Now, they have an easy choice.

CleFan22
06-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I would rather go to a team with 2 HOF'ers, a great front office, and a great chance to win a title for 5.8 mil especially since he made 3.4 last year. Plus, CV would have a chance to get a better contract with Cleveland if he plays well this season. Over a team with no head coach, a front office who has made horrible choices lately, and basically no chance at a title for a couple year. This is just my personal opinion on how I would play the game.

BUT, I will not hate him for taking money. Its business we all know this.

ACDC_Rocks024
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Damnit Boozer, I freaking hate you. Please Detroit, go after Ben Gordon or something...

Randolphkeys
06-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Vilanueva's value throughout the league is becoming wildly over-valued on this board. He will look good with the Cavs, but he is FAR from the best value for cap space after Boozer.

If I were a re-tooling team, I'd prefer Hedo, Millsap, Odom, Marion, Gordon, Kidd, and depending on the situation Artest, Rasheed, Okur, Varejao, and a few others. Laugh all you want, but AV is a defensive-minded big man. Vilanueva is a nice stretch power forward, but a stretch power forward is MUCH less attractive than a defensive big.

Myopic groupthink is freaking me out around here. Chill out.

http://imgcache.allposters.com/images/FIP/IO-00021-C.jpg

ACDC_Rocks024
06-30-2009, 07:08 PM
okay, anyone know any Detroit forums? We need to find the inside on who Detroit's pursuing, please not CV!

Joel
06-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Boozer is traded to detroit for olberto maybe detroit even gets a 2nd....utah wants to shed salary. Deal works since Detroit has the cap room. Trading olberto instead of buying out gives pistons even more cap. They then extend a contract to boozer. Boozer is locked up for years to screw detroit...win win for us. They now have about 8 million to go out and sign Ben for 5 year 50 million with the 8% increases allowed. They now have both the players they wanted and the cap room to get it. Plus, it works for cavs as both players i dont think make detroit that much better,

Yeah, I think you're right. Detroit could even offer Kwame Brown instead of Oberto - this would clear even more cap room for Detroit, and while it wouldn't be as much salary relief for Utah it would still offer them more salary relief than any other trade that's out there.

The nightmare scenario, in my mind, is that this opens up enough free agent dollars on the market for Detroit to not just sign Villanueva, but also Varejao... let's hope not.

chuck1003
06-30-2009, 07:22 PM
okay, anyone know any Detroit forums? We need to find the inside on who Detroit's pursuing, please not CV!

here ya go

http://www.mlive.com/forums/pistons/index.ssf

Randolphkeys
06-30-2009, 07:30 PM
No offense, Chuck, but this thread is a little higher quality:

http://www.pistonsforum.com/detroit-pistons-general-discussion/10111-free-agent-period-opens-wed-what-will-joe-do.html

InBoobieWeTrust
06-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Okur is apparently staying now, as well.

Wow, Andy might have to take a PAY CUT to come back to Cleveland. If Boozer and Okur aren't opting out, it means there's no money for them on the market, those guys are legit 20-10, 17-9 second/third option threats on a contender.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Andy sheepishly signs a contract for 1 year at 7 million dollars(Ferry will throw him a bone, and give him an 800k raise so he doesn't screw up cap room for 2010)

Benedict_Boozer
06-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Okur is apparently staying now, as well.

Wow, Andy might have to take a PAY CUT to come back to Cleveland. If Boozer and Okur aren't opting out, it means there's no money for them on the market, those guys are legit 20-10, 17-9 second/third option threats on a contender.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Andy sheepishly signs a contract for 1 year at 7 million dollars(Ferry will throw him a bone, and give him an 800k raise so he doesn't screw up cap room for 2010)

Andy might think with less competition, his odds of getting overpaid go up.

I agree with you though, he could be in for a rude awakening.

3 Da Hard Way
06-30-2009, 08:21 PM
yea i can see Boozer getting traded for some draft picks or so....see if he stays healthy and proves his worth before they commit to him long term, if not they ship him out just in time for 2010.

FuneralOfHearts
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
As I have said, Andy may not get his big raise but he will get some long term security, so it isn't a bad move on his part. I don't see him making less money though, if it gets ugly again I think LeBron may step in, we all know LeBron wants Andy here. Out of curiosity, if CV does head to Detroit what is the projected price range on Frye? Does anybody know?

jmill
06-30-2009, 08:41 PM
All this means is that Both Boozer and Millsap are on Detroits radar. They can trade for Boozer or just Sign Millsap Utah can not match. Utah are the loosers here and will be desperate to trade Boozer. Millsap will be wanted in Detroit before CV.

jmill
06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Utahs sal cap position is now 10 players signed for $72,049,799 this includes Millsaps QO of$1,030,189 (not included in the 10 signed) with every one opting in they have to trade Boozer or Millsap is a efectively a free agent same number of PFs on the market. So this news does not change CVs position a lot. It may even help us if Detroit and Utah get involved in trade talks freeing us up for a run at CV. The sal cap above does not include Draft picks so their position could be worse than this.