PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Previews

Hello all. RealCavsFans are putting together a preview piece for each team leading up to this much anticipated NBA season. We are asking for your help in putting this together.

Every year the RealGM site has 30 previews in 30 days covering all 30 teams. We are putting our own spin on this. Basically go through the teams in the month leading into the season, maybe a touch earlier.

I have already put this to members of our game preview team as well as other members who have expressed their desire to assist. We had an overwhelming response which has seen 24 teams already spoken for. So there is six teams remaining for you guys to hopefully assist us with.

First off, don't bother accepting if you are not willing to put forward a solid effort. We have 24 members who I know will put up a great read. We don't want guys coming in with mediocre attempts.

This series will be great for the avid NBA nut. It will be structured in a way that it will discuss all the key areas with each team such as player movement, likely lineups and rotations, key players along with other pointers.

This will be a great opportunity for RCF's to step up and provide once more the most balanced quality basketball forum on the plant.

Here is the roster so far.

Atlanta
Boston WUJU
Charlotte RchfldCavRaised
Chicago Silky Smooth
Cleveland BigMar992
Dallas DDJ7777
Denver djlofi
Detroit
Golden State Randolphkeys
Houston Ron G
Indiana The Man Called X
LA Clippers Ajak0410
LA Lakers rabman_gold
Memphis Warren G
Miami Brizzle
Milwaukee
Minnesota Out of the Rafters at the Q
New Jersey NarlCavs
New Orleans Chich292...
New York
Oklahoma City camakazee
Orlando action
Philadelphia
Phoenix LyXo
Portland jjjuice111
Sacramento
San Antonio JJ Smooth
Toronto TAS
Utah Rimage
Washington Thunder

So we have the following teams available;

Atlanta
Detroit
Milwaukee
New York
Philidelphia
Sacramento

Hopefully you guys can help out.

Cheers!

Kypus
08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I'll take the Knicks.

OnTheReg
08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I'll take the Knicks.

Might as well get the jump on LeBron's future team...:chuckles:

aaronr
08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I'll take the Knicks.

kypus, you beat me to the punch on the Knicks, but I stand ready to comment on your preview. I think the Knicks are going to suck big again this year, but let's see what you have to say.

Man Called X
08-17-2009, 09:41 AM
kypus, you beat me to the punch on the Knicks, but I stand ready to comment on your preview. I think the Knicks are going to suck big again this year, but let's see what you have to say.

aaron, I'd really hope that you'd take a team. If you want the Pacers, you can have them and I'll take another team. I think you'd do a great preview. Get off your lazy ass and pick one already!

AanandM7
08-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I'll take Detroit.

Scrote Squad
08-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I'll do the Pistons if you trust a noob

action
08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I'll take Detroit.

I'll do the Pistons if you trust a noob

Guess you'll have to Roshambo for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abaG1ca_ba4

Scrote Squad
08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
In that case, I'll defer to Aanaand and take Hotlanta

THE CAVS FAN
08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry...teams taken

*Edit

Jezzar
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I can handle Phila...

Seize
08-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Booooo! I should have taken the Lakers! Damn you, Rab! :bigcry:

RonG
08-17-2009, 11:02 AM
New York Kypus
Atlanta jonzee330
Detroit AanandM7
Philidelphia Jezzar

Teams Left :

Milwaukee

Sacramento

Mdog1
08-17-2009, 12:15 PM
You know I really applaud the guys that are willing to do this. I wish I had the effort to be able to do this but man I just can't do it. I will rep the shit out of every single one though just because I know it has got to be quite the task for you guys to take on. I respect all of you just a little bit more now.

RonG
08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
You know I really applaud the guys that are willing to do this. I wish I had the effort to be able to do this but man I just can't do it. I will rep the shit out of every single one though just because I know it has got to be quite the task for you guys to take on. I respect all of you just a little bit more now.

So what you are saying is you want the Buck and the Kings?

Walter White
08-17-2009, 12:31 PM
New York Kypus
Atlanta jonzee330
Detroit AanandM7
Philidelphia Jezzar

Teams Left :

Milwaukee

Sacramento

Throw me Sacramento.......screw Milwaukee:chuckles:

Walter White
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
So what you are saying is you want the Buck and the Kings?

Actually if noone does take the Bucks in awhile I will take them. I like Jennings.

RonG
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
New York Kypus
Atlanta jonzee330
Detroit AanandM7
Philidelphia Jezzar
Sacramento JK23

Teams Left :

Milwaukee

Walter White
08-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Teams Left :

Milwaukee

Really RonG if you can't get anyone to do it in awhile PM and just book me in for it. I have a pretty vast NBA knowledge and even though I would probably have the hardest two teams and have a challenge with it, I could probably recite every NBA roster top to bottom in order and know every player. Im NBA 24/7.

RonG
08-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Its all good, lets see if anyone else wants to try first. I am just trying to keep track for Karma, he is sleeping now, and I would hate for this to become a mess.

Jezzar
08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
New York Kypus
Atlanta jonzee330
Detroit AanandM7
Philidelphia Jezzar
Sacramento JK23

Teams Left :

Milwaukee

Only Milwaukee left eh...

Man...this is sad. This was a team which was contending for East back when I started to attend high school.

And now what? It's the friggin last team left to be picked for a league review.

Woot...that sounded like a Milwaukee fan :chuckles::chuckles:

Deezus
08-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Alright boys... I'll step up and take Milwaukee if they're still available.

Walter White
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Alright boys... I'll step up and take Milwaukee if they're still available.

Do take sir:thumbup: We got the last two teams available:chuckles:

RonG
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
New York Kypus
Atlanta jonzee330
Detroit AanandM7
Philidelphia Jezzar
Sacramento JK23
Milwaukee J-Deezy

Teams Left :

I will PM these names to Karma, thanks for the help!

di0p
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Dang I wanted to play...

PM me if anyone drops out I will be happy to help.

Walter White
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
to keep track for Karma, he is sleeping now

:chuckles: I think he had the night shift last night. He was on when I went to sleep.

aaronr
08-17-2009, 02:08 PM
aaron, I'd really hope that you'd take a team. If you want the Pacers, you can have them and I'll take another team. I think you'd do a great preview. Get off your lazy ass and pick one already!

Alright, MCX, I hear you, but I live in NYC and the Knicks were the only team left where I have any kind of comparative advantage for a preview. As David Ricardo said, follow your comparative advantage.

doughboy90650
08-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Cant wait for the results

Maximus
08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I was hoping to see TJ take the Bucks. Really wanted to see him somehow spin this into a positive offseason. :chuckles:

The Common Man
08-17-2009, 05:19 PM
yeah same, if anything opens up, let me know, i'm down to do any team. i work for a high school football website, so i've been used to writing previews over the past few months. i've been thinking of transitioning over to basketball, so i'd love to help with this anyway that i can.

Spencer Hawes
08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Booooo! I should have taken the Lakers! Damn you, Rab! :bigcry:

Seize can do the writeup for the Los Angeles Sparks. All what the hell, just post some sexy pics of Candace Parker and that will suffice. :thumbup:

Marcus
08-17-2009, 05:53 PM
If nobody has taken Detroit yet, I'll gladly take them.

EDIT

Aw, shucks, looks like they're already taken. If anybody drops them, or any other team, let me know.

Giambiwannabe7
08-17-2009, 05:57 PM
I was hoping to see TJ take the Bucks. Really wanted to see him somehow spin this into a positive offseason. :chuckles:

Especially now that they have also traded away PF Amir Johnson. I mean, does this team have any clue whatsoever? :chuckles:

Triplethreat
08-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Hahah.

I feel really bad for Milwaulkee. I mean they even have our beloved Michael Redd and they were the last team taken.

Kiddo
08-17-2009, 06:53 PM
So, how soon can i start repping these much anticipated previews?

Lord Mar
08-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I think I'm going to drop the Cavs......not.

But I could really use some graphic help. If someone is willing to make a nice roster graphic (once the roster is set), etc. Might spice things up. Help is welcome.

Walter White
08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I think I'm going to drop the Cavs......not.

But I could really use some graphic help. If someone is willing to make a nice roster graphic (once the roster is set), etc. Might spice things up. Help is welcome.

Do we have to use graphics? I would like to but probably don't have the programs available. I plan on using videos/pics etc... I will have the team covered top to bottom better than a NBA official preview:chuckles:

Walter White
08-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I think I'm going to drop the Cavs

Do you feel the pressure of takin the Cavs. The expectations are just so high:chuckles:

Seize
08-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Seize can do the writeup for the Los Angeles Sparks. All what the hell, just post some sexy pics of Candace Parker and that will suffice. :thumbup:

http://blognba.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/sheldenwilliams.jpeg

Kypus
08-17-2009, 10:55 PM

Man I'm glad I scooped them up, I'm actually going to do this as a labor of love as I'm a closet Knicks fans since Ewing/Oakley/CSmith/Starks/DerekHarper days...but cripes...I just looked at the roster and checked their offseason moves...this team's current pre-D'Antoni state is an unmitigated TRAIN WRECK. How can such a major market team be such a "non-team" for this many years in a row?! It can't be blamed on Isiah this year. Aside from Larry "Glass Stat" Hughes there's ONE guard on the roster with more than 23 minutes of NBA experience, Chris Duhon- whose game I hate, he can't shoot... Cuttino Mobley is dead roster space walking, he helped trash my fantasy season last year by retiring 2 months in...the Centers are Eddy Curry and Darko. Curry's motivation is reestablishing his form from 2 years ago, which is good, I guess, except that he posts more empty stats than Drew Gooden! I don't know how D'Antoni will cater to his game, he'll want the team to run....blah blah blah...I better stop, don't want to give away the farm before the preview, but-

Al Harrington is the only high-quality player on the roster, followed far behind by Wilson Chandler, and possibly Galinari, whom I'm not sold on yet. Too bad they're all SFs. Darko should be a decent backup C, he might even start if Curry isn't in playing shape. I don't know the rookies.

This is a Mike D'Antoni team. It's too bad it's crippled by Chris Duhon at the point. Ugh! Can you imagine?? From Steve Nash to freaking Chris Duhon! Poor, poor man. Mike will try to craft it into a run-n-gun team, and he only has 1 guy that's proved he can play it in Harrington.

I'll have to do more research before writing this up, I'm just thinking off the top of my head here.

Powerslave
08-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I'll gladly do one if the opportunity arises.

You've seen my game preview threads, you know my work.

http://realcavsfans.com/showpost.php?p=456222&postcount=2

http://realcavsfans.com/showpost.php?p=465884&postcount=2

Numbers Guy
08-17-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm currently doing New Orleans.. I've had a change of heart so if anyone is interested in a trade let me know..

If not, I'll still do them.. no biggie.

Deezus
08-18-2009, 12:39 AM

Ugh... I forgot about that douche. I remember a few years ago when he honestly thought the Bucks were a legit contender :chuckles: I'd love to hear what he has to say about their roster now...

Thanks lads for putting your hand up for this. Cheers to Ron G for taking over in my sleeping hours.

I will send you guys a message in the next day or so with more info. Nothing will be required in the next week so don't panic.

Thanks again.

The Final Roster!!!

Atlanta jonzee
Boston WUJU
Chicago Silky Smooth
Cleveland BigMar992
Dallas DDJ7777
Denver djlofi
Detroit Aanand
Houston Ron G
Indiana The Man Called X
LA Clippers Ajak0410
LA Lakers rabman_gold
Memphis Warren G
Miami Brizzle
Milwaukee J-Deezy
New Jersey Grayson
New Orleans Chich292...
New York Kypus
Oklahoma City camakazee
Orlando action
Philadelphia Jezzer
Phoenix LyXo
Portland jjjuice111
Sacramento JK23
San Antonio JJ Smooth
Toronto TAS
Utah Rimage
Washington Thunder

If you are having 2nd thoughts, please let me know as we have plenty of keen punters who missed out.

Thanks again.

Jezzar
08-19-2009, 07:43 PM
The Final Roster!!!

Atlanta jonzee
Boston WUJU
Chicago Silky Smooth
Cleveland BigMar992
Dallas DDJ7777
Denver djlofi
Detroit Aanand
Houston Ron G
Indiana The Man Called X
LA Clippers Ajak0410
LA Lakers rabman_gold
Memphis Warren G
Miami Brizzle
Milwaukee J-Deezy
New Jersey NarlCavs
New Orleans Chich292...
New York Kypus
Oklahoma City camakazee
Orlando action
Philadelphia Jeezer
Phoenix LyXo
Portland jjjuice111
Sacramento JK23
San Antonio JJ Smooth
Toronto TAS
Utah Rimage
Washington Thunder

If you are having 2nd thoughts, please let me know as we have plenty of keen punters who missed out.

Thanks again.

Name's Jezzar mate not Jeezer :P

PIP
08-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Name's Jezzar mate not Jeezer :PYou tell him, Jesus..

castor777
08-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Well if anyone has 2nd thoughts or can't do it I'll be happy to throw my name in the mix. I would love to do this and be very enthusiastic about it. Let me know.

*THE ORIGINAL*
08-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I'll gladly do one if the opportunity arises.

You've seen my game preview threads, you know my work.

http://realcavsfans.com/showpost.php?p=456222&postcount=2

http://realcavsfans.com/showpost.php?p=465884&postcount=2

I, for one, love your work Powerslave!!!

For all you other cool cats not participating in these previews, just letting you know we will be starting this coming Wednesday and will be going for 30 days with 30 previews. Keep an eye out.