PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Flop?

Bress Tess Iz
12-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Can anyone remember the last time the Andy flopped?

I cant really recall him doing it for awhile, or even drawing offensive fouls for that matter

according to basketball-reference.com (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/v/varejan01.html) his stats per 36mins have shown a 0.3 increase in both blocks and defensive rebounds, neither of which are career highs (though he hasnt had more blocks since 04-05) and he his defensive rebounds this years are slightly above his career average

i like how he is changing more shots and defending passes by staying on his feet

what do u guys think of the new AV defense?

chiefwahoo
12-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I've always loved AV's defense... but he did do a flop on a Channing Frye screen late in the game yesterday. I remember it because I was laughing as I watched him act as though he was run over by a Mack truck.

Bress Tess Iz
12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I've always loved AV's defense... but he did do a flop on a Channing Frye screen late in the game yesterday. I remember it because I was laughing as I watched him act as though he was run over by a Mack truck.

really??

guess thats what i get for turning off the game before the end and spending extra quality time with the missus.

so do u think that his flops and drawn offensive fouls are on par with previous years?

jlj3184
12-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Instead of flopping, Andy has taken to flailing his arms wildly after every bit of contact made with an opponent. I love his hustle, but he complains about every foul against him and every shot he misses he complains there should of been a foul. You can't run around slapping at the ball every two seconds and then complain it's a foul when someone does the same to you. That's my only beef with Andy. Dude plays his heart out every night. Last night there was a perfect example of this - he was the only guy hustling down the court when Delonte intercepted that pass for the breakaway layup. Delonte missed and Andy was there for the easy put back. Plays like that are what separates him from a MLE player and a guy worth $7-8M a year.