PDA

View Full Version : MOOOOOOOOOO Williams

Vlad
12-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Mo was absolutely beasting last night against the Lakers. :thumbup:

He was 8-13 shooting (3-3 for three), shot 10 FTs, 6 RBS, and 7 AST. Take out the names from the box score and you would guess that line to be LBJ. This is against "the best defense in the NBA".

I love what he has been doing lately: taking quality shots and being aggressive consistently. He is playing like an all-star.

I have said this for a long time, but if Mo plays well, the Cavs will play well. If Mo can keep this up, watching this team play will be a joy for the rest of the season.

The question is, will his performance continue and how would you rate his play so far in the season?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8707/70546684.jpg

MikeSwim07
12-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah I was extremely impressed. After the Mavs game, he really stepped up and was one of the reasons we had those 3 nice wins.

Walter White
12-26-2009, 10:59 AM
And Mo did it against a hard nosed dirty defenisve PG in Fisher. When we started to lose focus Mo brought us back. He played great.

King J
12-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Everytime I start to doubt Mo he gets hot at the right time....He deserves to be an all-star this year more so than last year.

Purple Vein
12-26-2009, 11:07 AM
If Mo plays well, we are unstoppable. If Mo plays somewhat pedestrian, that's when LeIso comes out.

I think we match up well with LA because of Fisher. PG is by far their weakest position and if Mo wins that matchup, game over.

I'm now seeing Boston as our biggest competition. I can't wait to see how we do when we play them.

Hydroponic3385
12-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Mo was an absolute stud last night, and has been playing very well as of late. However, he'd still be best as a 3rd option. Lebron, a second option big, and a third option Mo would be unstoppable.

CardiacCavs
12-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Mo played someone who is worse at containing perimeter penetration then himself... :chuckles:

But seriously Mo is stepping up against the big teams this year. It's great to see and it's good to know that we can count on him to perform well in challenging games in both the regular season and ultimately the playoffs. His meltdown last year in the ECF seems to have made an impact.

LeShaq
12-26-2009, 11:26 AM
If Mo can play like this in the postseason, it could be a great year when all is said and done.

Lee
12-26-2009, 12:04 PM
We need to change the thread title, it seems to me even Moohead wouldnt want to Jinx Mo Williams by having Karma confuse Moo's game with Mo's game. :chuckles:

Moo has grown on me, but i dont want our 2nd best player to adopt Moo's b-ball skils. I havent seen him play, but speaking as a fellow fat old white guy, Moo's game at this point cant be good. :eek:

CzBoobie
12-26-2009, 01:00 PM
If Mo can play like this in the postseason, it could be a great year when all is said and done.

And that is a big IF, maybe the biggest from the whole team. When Mo plays like this, I'm fairly confident we can beat anyone.

Smooth
12-26-2009, 01:10 PM
In wins (23):

18.8 PTS, 4.8 AST, 3.3 TRB, 2.5 TO, 90.9 FT% (3.3 FTA), 52.5 3P% (5.1 3PA), 48.7 FG% (13.4 FGA)

In losses (8):

12.8 PTS, 5 AST, 3.4 TRB, 2.5 TO, 82 FT% (3.5 FTA), 22.5 3P% (5.0 3PA), 34.3 FG% (12.8 FGA)

Mo certainly looks to be the key to this team..

As Mo goes, we go..

Goggles11
12-26-2009, 01:12 PM
The difference between Mo's 3P% in wins and losses is amazing...I had no idea.

Joe Henderson
12-26-2009, 04:43 PM
He is certainly making a case for the allstar team. and performing like this on the big stage will probably get him some fan votes as well. But yeah, if the Cavs will be one of the top 3 teams at the time of selection, his contributions to that record will be difficult to ignore.

Let's not forget that last year was his first away from that losing Milwaukee environment. He definitely looks big game ready this year.

Thunder
12-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Shows how bad we need a consistent 2nd option. If Mo stays CONSISTENT, dropping over 20 a game with a bad game once in awhile, and if he shows up for the postseason, then he will be considered a great 2nd option.

But look, the night LeBron has someone playing like a true star next to him, we blow out the best basketball team in the world.

Obawan12
12-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Everytime I start to doubt Mo he gets hot at the right time....He deserves to be an all-star this year more so than last year.

Unfortunately he definitely didn't deserve to be an All-Star at all last year.

It really depends on how you define All-Star. If you think an All-Star has to be a contributor on one of the top teams in the conference, you could make your case for Mo. However, if you define All-Star as the top 12 players in each conference, Mo is nowhere near.

rabman_gold
12-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe so, but coaches had done it a certain way so many times, rewarding the top teams for having players give so much.

So changing it up for the first time is hypocritical. It's almost like: "Well, you ARE the Cavs after all. So we won't reward you because you don't deserve it."

So, if you're going to change something up, do it after the Cavs get rewarded for once.

It sucks, but the NBA and their ways of rewarding teams is uneven and stupid/asinine.

xAusT1n
12-26-2009, 07:21 PM
We need Mo.

LeShaq
12-26-2009, 09:26 PM
And that is a big IF, maybe the biggest from the whole team. When Mo plays like this, I'm fairly confident we can beat anyone.

:thumbup:

This is the big question. I was so disappointed with Mo in the playoffs last year. But he says he's learned from it and sometimes you have to go through that failure first before you take the next step.

I agree with you -- if he and the team plays like they are capable, they can compete with, and beat, anybody.

cavaliers4ever
12-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Whenever Mo misses his first couple of shots, I don't even flinch anymore because I know he'll start hitting them eventually, just like he did tonight. He totally made it rain 3s, that was awesome. I think he's going to be more consistent now and that's gonna be really important for us.