PDA

View Full Version : How Good Can LeBron Be? Charley Rosen

kidduck
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
How good can LeBron be?

Charley Rosen is FOXSports.com's NBA analyst

Some NBA-watchers contend that LeBron is far from his peak. What would he look like if/when that time comes? In a couple of years, Kobe will be on the downside of his career. And with Kobe out of the picture, who are the players who could potentially match, or at least challenge LeBron’s dominance? – Ken Gonzales

LeBron at his peak will certainly be a nightmare for all of the other 29 teams. If he does continue to evolve, his jumper will be quicker and more accurate — although he’s definitely made progress in the latter department. He’ll also make quicker decisions with the ball and not constantly beat it into the floor, thereby allowing elite defenses to make appropriate adjustments. His left hand will be more effective — just think of Kobe’s newly developed lefty hook.

LeBron’s man-to-man defense will be much more earnest, but only if he can correct the imbalance in his stance. Too many times his weight is on his heels, and too many times his weight is too far forward.

He’ll be an 80-percent shooter from the foul line, up from his current career mark of 74.2 percent. Moreover, his post-up game will be drastically improved.

If he can accomplish all of these aspect of the game, then he — and the Cavs, or whatever team he eventually plays for — will truly be unbeatable.

Since LeBron is such a unique combination of incredible power, speed, quickness and immense talent, there’s nobody currently on the horizon who can come close to challenging him. Some guys are a once-in-a-generation player, but a LeBron comes along once in every two generations — with Magic Johnson being the closest approximation of his size and skills.

Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/q%26a:-how-good-can-lebron-be%3F

Chris
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
He's going to run a cab biz in NYC?

kidduck
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry, spelling error in thread title and I don't know how to correct it.

Chris
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
lol @ the comment in there about Wade joining the Lakeshow.

Triumph36
02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
lol @ the comment in there about Wade joining the Lakeshow.winning > getting paid (right before a new CBA, no less), duh!

Northstar
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Rosen is such garbage. He thinks LeBron doesn't have a left hand? LeBron finishes with his left better than 90% of players finish with their dominant hand.

kj1
02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
LBJ is GREAT with his left-hand! do these people not actually watch him?????

Lord Mar
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
....way better than Rosen will ever understand/give him credit for.

Northstar
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
In case anyone needed any more proof how just how out of touch Rosen actually is with the game, check out this quote from after the article when answering a question about PGs who play good defense:

Derek Fisher still plays terrific position defense.

Since when? Derek Fisher is a revolving door on defense.

The George
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
man i never understand why I let this guy rile me up so much

but boy do I really dislike his work... I just think he cant stnad that he was sooo wrong about LBJ and it kills him that LeBron may one day be recognized amongst the best of all time if he continues at this pace...cavs need to start bagging some titles of course, cant wait to read what he has to say at that point

DWade to the Lakers??? What???

Wine and Gold
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Rosen is such garbage. He thinks LeBron doesn't have a left hand? LeBron finishes with his left better than 90% of players finish with their dominant hand.

Lebron's lefthand is his dominant hand. Different tests have shown him to be left dominant, although he does different things better with either hand. But, Lebron is truly lefthanded. You'll notice he signs with his lefthand.

Deezus
02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
An article about LBJ's peak with no mention of him further developing his post game + shot selection? :weirdo:

EDIT: He also has been shooting near 80% at the line for a full season and a half now.

theSTEREO.
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't get the hate for this piece.

The dude is saying Lebron is basically the most dominant player in the game, and the question is 'what would he look like at his PEAK efficiency?'

I don't have a single problem with anything he says. He didn't even say that those were things he was bad at. Just that he'll be better at the lesser aspects of his game.

What's the big deal? :dunno:

theSTEREO.
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
An article about LBJ's peak with no mention of him further developing his post game + shot selection? :weirdo:

EDIT: He also has been shooting near 80% at the line for a full season and a half now.

Moreover, his post-up game will be drastically improved.

Isn't that addressing his post game?

TyGuy
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
I said this the last time Rosen made an off the wall coment about lebrons left hand. The only person who finishes more often with his left hand around the basket who's dominant basketball hand is right( I know lebron is ambidextrous) is carlos boozer. In fact I bet he actually slightly prefers going left then right on the drive cause of a step back jumper and he can finish so strongly with his left hand.

CzBoobie
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Only left hand jumpshots count, fellas...

Mdog1
02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
If Lebron hits all of his potential then i could see him being 60% from the feild, 50% on jumpers, 40% on threes. It's scary to think that he could be so much better than he is now, and I just hope that he sees that.

InBoobieWeTrust
02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
If Lebron hits all of his potential then i could see him being 60% from the feild, 50% on jumpers, 40% on threes. It's scary to think that he could be so much better than he is now, and I just hope that he sees that.

Bron takes too many heat checks to shoot 60% from the field.

Maybe when he's 35 and playing the power forward position full time after Cleveland signs a prime John Wall to feed LeBron points going for our 10th consecutive NBA title.

Mdog1
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Bron takes too many heat checks to shoot 60% from the field.

Maybe when he's 35 and playing the power forward position full time after Cleveland signs a prime John Wall to feed LeBron points going for our 10th consecutive NBA title.

True the heat checks are terrible. Well they're terrible when he misses them.

BigErieCavsFan
02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't get the hate for this piece.

The dude is saying Lebron is basically the most dominant player in the game, and the question is 'what would he look like at his PEAK efficiency?'

I don't have a single problem with anything he says. He didn't even say that those were things he was bad at. Just that he'll be better at the lesser aspects of his game.

What's the big deal? :dunno:

The only problem I had with it was:

His left hand will be more effective...
Insiniuating that it isn't very good now....

futuristxen
02-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I've never understood the left-hand meme. I've been hearing that randomly for his whole career, even though he's ambidextrous in every sense. It must be on some scouting report somewhere. Oh well, I hope people keep thinking he can't go left. Free points.

futuristxen
02-09-2010, 12:38 AM
True the heat checks are terrible. Well they're terrible when he misses them.

They're great when he hits them though :king:

Nothing better than a Lebron in the zone. Pulling up around the logo like it was a layup. He and Kobe have to be the most electrifying players to watch when they are in the zone.

Kypus
02-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Charlie speaking with just the right combination of jealousy and fear. Stereo, it's not hate for the article, it's "I told you so" for one of the biggest early Lebron detractors. Up there with Skip Bayless and Barkley. Barkley has finally jumped on the bandwagon, now Charlie Rosen is too, albeit through clenched teeth. He can bite it, TBH.

InBoobieWeTrust
02-09-2010, 01:03 AM
I distinctly remember e-mailing Rosen after his LeBron hate-fest during that one summer saying..

"You better watch what you write about him, because one day he's going to be your meal-ticket. If you want to have a job in 5 years and beyond, you'll be churning out LeBron columns left and right and you'll finally eventually have to admit how amazing he is"

Glad to see I was proven correct :thumbup:

dizzle
02-09-2010, 03:47 AM
once he is comfortable with his postgame nd an even more effective jump shooter, he'll have a chance for easier assists or "hockey assists". he'll be closer to that triple double average, or at least he should be... if the games are competitive nd he plays in the 4th. barring any injuries of course.

Spencer Hawes
02-09-2010, 04:05 AM
I said this the last time Rosen made an off the wall coment about lebrons left hand. The only person who finishes more often with his left hand around the basket who's dominant basketball hand is right( I know lebron is ambidextrous) is carlos boozer. In fact I bet he actually slightly prefers going left then right on the drive cause of a step back jumper and he can finish so strongly with his left hand.

Gasol begs to differ. Dude can make baby hooks with both left and right.

Photon
02-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Gasol begs to differ. Dude can make baby hooks with both left and right.

So he's a hook-er?

cavsfever
02-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Rosen is backpeddling frantically from the years and years when he dumped on Lebron every chance he got. Even he can now tell that LBJ will be top five all-time, which could make Rosen look like an idiot.

ohiorulez
02-09-2010, 12:19 PM
rosen has got no clue what he is taking about...

Air and King
02-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Charley Rosen is a LeBron-Hater.......Like Skip Bayless.....:pissed:

How good can LeBron Be?He has a chance to be the Greatest ever and at 25 is better than Jordan at the same age!

LeBron is a Phenom a combination of Oscar Robertson-Len Bias-Elgin Baylor......The most versitale player ever!

As David Thorpe said "Many smart basketball people think Kobe is the closest thing to Michael Jordan. I agree. They are probably the two best shooting guards in history. But the league has never seen a player like LeBron James.
And in a decade or so, we may be at this again, only this time sending LeBron into the ring with Michael Jordan to settle the debate of who is the best player of all time."

Redz West is Best
02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
In case anyone needed any more proof how just how out of touch Rosen actually is with the game, check out this quote from after the article when answering a question about PGs who play good defense:

Since when? Derek Fisher is a revolving door on defense.

he still plays good position defense = YES!

However, if he is put on an island against Derrick rose..yes he is a revolving door just like any other player in the league.

Fisher is the ultimate defensive role player. He expects help at certain times and areas. He is smart and savvy. He uses his strength and girth well against smaller guard as they drive.

TheRookiE
02-13-2010, 11:44 AM
the comment saying LeBron dribbles the ball to much is a joke. Its called a mike brown offense, and when he said LeBron needs to make quicker decisions and not let elite defenses make apropriate adjustments, hmmm do you watch LeBron he is like peyton manning calling an audible LeBron sets elite defenses up, ive never seen so many wide open shooters then I do when I watch the cavs LeBron dribbles to bring the defenders in then he throws across court over 4 guys so someone can have a wide open shot. LeBron is the man.