PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Stars Co-Author Buzz Bissinger Goes on a Lebron Twitter Tirade

Dudeurkillingme
06-17-2010, 09:19 AM
http://twitter.com/buzzbissinger

So Izzo, as possible Cavs coach wants to meet with LeBron and he says no?? I've had it. Fuck that. Fuck him. Hurts to say but I got played.

LeBron has obligation to meet with Izzo, even if it's to flip him the bird. Why would Cleveland even want to keep a man as self-absorbed...

every move LeBron makes an orchestrated one. Forget what he says about anything--policy of appeasement. Hence Izzo BS: 100 percent no prob

I hope LeBron goes to Charlotte so ultimate psychotic Jordan can cut him and LeBron plays year in junior Canadian Curling...

Never seen such arrogance in pro athlete--player won't meet with possible coach? LeBron getting terrible advice. So fucking disappointed.

One thing about Shooting Stars book--people in it besides LeBron great decent people. No better man/coach than Dru Joyce. Great teammates

hud11
06-17-2010, 09:26 AM
almost no chance that is the real buzz bissinger

Noonan
06-17-2010, 09:29 AM

That's absolutely the real Bissinger. I've seen his twitter feed before in articles.

This might just be some publicity to bump up sales on his book. But Bissinger is always known for calling it like he sees it.

SirPaul
This guy seems to dislike pretty much everyone. An interesting take on his part, not exactly earth-shattering news though, I'm pretty sure most knew that LeBron was arrogant and concerned with his persona above all else.

He dropped this one a couple days ago:

I like LeBron. fantastic talent. But I thought this country valued winners, not wannabes who feed ego during poffs and get others fired.
1:10 AM Jun 14th via mobile web

GreasySpread36

Maybe not. But it's not as if this man doesn't have a tendency to go off on a tirade. Remember him tearing apart Will Leitch on that Bob Costas show?

Ron Mexic
06-17-2010, 09:30 AM

I almost hope its real because of his other twats:

Apologize. Wife 3 said she filled water bottle with douche juice (I swear).... :chuckles:

Dudeurkillingme

He has 5,641 followers including Windhorst, so if it is a fake account this person has a lot of people fooled.

Ron Mexic
That's absolutely the real Bissinger. I've seen his twitter feed before.

This might just be some publicity to bump up sales on his book. But Bissinger is always known for calling it like he sees it.

Are you shitting me? :lol: Read his other tweets. Hahahah...

DougHeil
06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
That's absolutely the real Bissinger. I've seen his twitter feed before.

Well, he sees it in a pathetic and moronic way. He can go f**k himself and the horse he rode in on as well as his over blown huge ego.

johnnycake44022
06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Well, if you look at his followers, Windy is one of them. Why would windy follow the fake Buzz?

Noonan
06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Well, he sees it in a pathetic and moronic way. He can go f**k himself and the horse he rode in on as well as his over blown huge ego.

Really? The guy has had access to LeBron and his crew for a couple years. Not sure there's a better journalistic source, including Windy. Don't be upset just because he's saying things you don't want to hear.

hud11
06-17-2010, 09:37 AM
ok, then i stand corrected, seems a little odd though, but i guess he's a little odd

Eli's Eyes
06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
LOL @ people saying someone isn't himself just to find excuse to pacify LeBron's antics.

Hilarious.

SirPaul
06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
This guy is a trip

I only added to the image junk with Shooting Stars. Inspirational story cause of 'Bron's teammates and coach but I should have stayed away.
Sun Jun 13 2010 23:17:45 (Eastern Daylight Time) via mobile web

Why isn't LeBron sitting by himself and watching Celtics-lakers to see how winning players do it when they have to. Too much image bullshit
12:12 AM Jun 14th via mobile web

Move team to ball court at home on Akron, put Delonte West in charge of player development still leave when posse doesn't get bigger jets.
12:04 AM Jun 14th via mobile web

Gilbert should just cut bullshit. Give LeBron franchise. He can cut beer prices, change mascot from burning lake, make mother GM...
12:01 AM Jun 14th via mobile web

@PDcavsinsider If LeBron approves of Izzo as coach must mean Izzo approves of LeBron tanking it in game 5 of playoffs. He won't coach him.
11:56 PM Jun 13th via mobile web in reply to PDcavsinsider

@PDcavsinsider This is why Sports is joke. 25 year old who has won zip "approving" of Izzo as coach after already getting 2 men fired.
11:53 PM Jun 13th via mobile web in reply to PDcavsinsider

DougHeil
06-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Really? The guy has had access to LeBron and his crew for a couple years. Not sure there's a better journalistic source, including Windy. Don't be upset just because he's saying things you don't want to hear.

He's wrong. That's why I don't want to hear it from him. It's damn hilarious how many writers out there think they know things, when the reality is they know very, very little. It takes Wine and Gold to come in here to calm things down and posts something that not many in here thought was possible; the fact that just maybe LeBron wasn't that much into Izzo at all. I don't recall any article out there focusing on that aspect of things as most only made it look like Izzo rejected the Cavs.

How the hell do we know that LeBron OR his team didn't send off vibes to Gilbert AND Izzo that the hiring of Izzo wasn't a big thing to LeBron? Do you see? People in here and elsewhere seem to read what the writers say and base their opinions around those articles. I do NOT and will NOT do that. I judge things off of logic and common sense.

Noonan
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
He's wrong. That's why I don't want to hear it from him. It's damn hilarious how many writers out there think they know things, when the reality is they know very, very little. It takes Wine and Gold to come in here to calm things down and posts something that not many in here thought was possible; the fact that just maybe LeBron wasn't that much into Izzo at all. I don't recall any article out there focusing on that aspect of things as most only made it look like Izzo rejected the Cavs.

How the hell do we know that LeBron OR his team didn't send off vibes to Gilbert AND Izzo that the hiring of Izzo wasn't a big thing to LeBron? Do you see? People in here and elsewhere seem to read what the writers say and base their opinions around those articles. I do NOT and will NOT do that. I judge things off of logic and common sense.

Your common sense completely missed Bissinger's point. (And again, Bissinger is as connected as it gets into LeBron's cricle. He knows the people and personalities a lot better than any of us, including you.) Bissinger is saying LeBron is the player. Izzo is the coach. And that in those roles LeBron has a duty to meet with Izzo whether he wants him to be his coach or not. Bissinger is saying LeBron's an arrogant prick for ignoring Izzo's attempts to talk. Whether LeBron wanted Izzo as his coach is immaterial.

Damage
06-17-2010, 09:49 AM

What part of LeBron's past actions makes you think any of what you said is possibly true? LeBron is an ego-maniac who's putting himself above anything and everything else. I mean, we've all heard a ton of rumors before, but it seems as if they weren't exactly a bunch of hoo-doo.

This is most certainly Buzz's account. He's a huge proponent on 1st amendment rights and not conforming to society's norms. And he's dead on.

So funny how in a matter of 45 days that the Cavs organization, known as the bastion of harmony and functionality, have turned into a complete hot mess.

The Oi
06-17-2010, 09:53 AM
There is an exactly -800% chance that's Buzz Bissinger.

Ron Mexic
06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
This guy is a trip

I only added to the image junk with Shooting Stars. Inspirational story cause of 'Bron's teammates and coach but I should have stayed away.
Sun Jun 13 2010 23:17:45 (Eastern Daylight Time) via mobile web

Why isn't LeBron sitting by himself and watching Celtics-lakers to see how winning players do it when they have to. Too much image bullshit
12:12 AM Jun 14th via mobile web

Move team to ball court at home on Akron, put Delonte West in charge of player development still leave when posse doesn't get bigger jets.
12:04 AM Jun 14th via mobile web

Gilbert should just cut bullshit. Give LeBron franchise. He can cut beer prices, change mascot from burning lake, make mother GM...
12:01 AM Jun 14th via mobile web

@PDcavsinsider If LeBron approves of Izzo as coach must mean Izzo approves of LeBron tanking it in game 5 of playoffs. He won't coach him.
11:56 PM Jun 13th via mobile web in reply to PDcavsinsider

@PDcavsinsider This is why Sports is joke. 25 year old who has won zip "approving" of Izzo as coach after already getting 2 men fired.
11:53 PM Jun 13th via mobile web in reply to PDcavsinsider

This guy is freaking great. LOL - I'm following this nut now!

CzBoobie
06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Bissinger is saying LeBron is the player. Izzo is the coach. And that in those roles LeBron has a duty to meet with Izzo whether he wants him to be his coach or not. Bissinger is saying LeBron's an arrogant prick for ignoring Izzo's attempts to talk. Whether LeBron wanted Izzo as his coach is immaterial.

Players (free agents at that) have a duty to meet with coaching candidates? What the F?

Ron Mexic
06-17-2010, 09:57 AM

Whachu talkin' bout, Jigo!?

Look at who is following him - it has to be him, doesn't it.

Sad part is, even if it is some crazy ass kook, I agree with most of his posts.

Funkmastabuck
06-17-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm sure it's Bissinger's account, but it just sounds like his account got hacked. That does happen from time to time.

But... if that is him, I'm shocked he'd go on such a tirade.

Ron Mexic
06-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Players (free agents at that) have a duty to meet with coaching candidates? What the F?

He's not a FA until July 1. Until then, he's still a member of this organization. An organization that has done everything possible (rightfully so) to make him happy. Everything from taking care of his drunk ass, wild ass mom, to his girlfriend and sons, to his crew. I don't think a phone call is out of the question in this scenario. And for someone that wants to make such an informed decision / explore options, as LBJ has said many times, any sane person would want to talk to a potential coach. Put it in business terms - if you're looking for a job, and you're the best in your profession and you're out looking for a job, do you want to talk with a potential boss? He'll be talking to the coaches, GM's, players, etc for the Clippers, Bulls, Nets, Knicks, etc.

Noonan
06-17-2010, 10:03 AM
This is a Deadspin post (http://deadspin.com/5539834/buzz-bissingers-twitter-tirade-makes-him-all-the-more-lovable) about Bissinger's Twitter account. Also, here's a GQ post (http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2010/06/things-we-love-buzz-bissingers-angry-fing-twitter-feed-you-douche-juices.html). And a Sports Illustrated article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/richard_deitsch/06/04/bissinger.rankings/index.html). It's him guys.

DougHeil
06-17-2010, 10:04 AM

I'm glad someone else shows some common sense, even if you do live across the pond. I feel like I'm a lone voice in Northeast Ohio.

This all seems real clear to me. It also appears to me that people can read what Wine and Gold just wrote and actually come to different conclusions. It's baffling beyond belief.

SirPaul
06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm sure it's Bissinger's account, but it just sounds like his account got hacked. That does happen from time to time.

But... if that is him, I'm shocked he'd go on such a tirade.

I can't say that it's his but I don't think it's a hacked job and not shocked he's on such a tirade, he's always on a tirade. Plus he's made negative comments about LeBron for longer than just today.

DuncanMcDougal
06-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Bissinger commenting on someone else's arrogance is akin to Kirstie Allie commenting on someone else's weight problem. Bissinger is an arrogant blowhard. Even with that, he is a pretty decent writer and talented guy, just an asshole. Hardly the first.:rolleyes:

abraxas
06-17-2010, 10:35 AM
He's using pretty strong language but his point is well made. I think a lot of people are thinking this, not just in Cleveland. What the hell is Lebron doing? He's making himself look like a selfish, spoiled athlete - which is not exactly the image Lebron was trying to cultivate. He's spent all these years saying and doing the right things and right now, he's not doing this. Obviously, it's his free right, but that's not the point. There is more than just rights in life. And if he's looking for legacy, he will need to move beyond that to cultivate a man/image who sees the really big picture and not just the almighty $$.

He has a few more weeks to turn this thing around but there's no evidence whatsoever this will happen. And I believe his legacy will be tarnished, despite how many championships he will win, he will go down as a guy that completely dicked over his hometown organization. And this is his only window to steer clear of what image.

Damage
06-17-2010, 10:55 AM

Well, unless the "fake" Buzz Bissinger called into WKNR a few weeks ago and provided his twitter account, on air, it's him.

Wulfgar1224
06-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Your common sense completely missed Bissinger's point. (And again, Bissinger is as connected as it gets into LeBron's cricle. He knows the people and personalities a lot better than any of us, including you.) Bissinger is saying LeBron is the player. Izzo is the coach. And that in those roles LeBron has a duty to meet with Izzo whether he wants him to be his coach or not. Bissinger is saying LeBron's an arrogant prick for ignoring Izzo's attempts to talk. Whether LeBron wanted Izzo as his coach is immaterial.

Agreed. It was just plain rude and arrogant of LeBron to refuse to speak to Izzo.

johnnycake44022
06-17-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm glad someone else shows some common sense, even if you do live across the pond. I feel like I'm a lone voice in Northeast Ohio.

This all seems real clear to me. It also appears to me that people can read what Wine and Gold just wrote and actually come to different conclusions. It's baffling beyond belief.

Doug, I fail to see how you and others cannot understand why people think Lebron is an arrogant prick. Is he a great player? yes. Can he choose not speak with the organization that has kissed his ass and supported him for the last 7 year? yes. Is he within his rights to test the free agent market while other free agents superstars, on teams with way worse owners and track records, say they want to stay with their team? sure Can he not explain his crap games against Boston (and the main reason we lost in the 2nd round this year after the owner and fans have put so much money behind him)? yes

The fact that he chooses to remain silent though and his constant flirting with other markets over the years is what makes him a dick and is what people are complaining about. All this while being on a team with one of the best owners and records in the NBA, the fans blindly support him since HS days, and he is playing for his hometown team. Of course people feel betrayed, hurt and disgusted.

theSTEREO.
06-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Guy curses like Bissinger, that's for sure. :chuckles:

sgm405
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
http://twitter.com/buzzbissinger

So Izzo, as possible Cavs coach wants to meet with LeBron and he says no?? I've had it. Fuck that. Fuck him. Hurts to say but I got played.

LeBron has obligation to meet with Izzo, even if it's to flip him the bird. Why would Cleveland even want to keep a man as self-absorbed...

every move LeBron makes an orchestrated one. Forget what he says about anything--policy of appeasement. Hence Izzo BS: 100 percent no prob

I hope LeBron goes to Charlotte so ultimate psychotic Jordan can cut him and LeBron plays year in junior Canadian Curling...

Never seen such arrogance in pro athlete--player won't meet with possible coach? LeBron getting terrible advice. So fucking disappointed.

One thing about Shooting Stars book--people in it besides LeBron great decent people. No better man/coach than Dru Joyce. Great teammates

Goodbye credibility!

futuristxen
06-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Haha what a nutjob. He sounds like a spurned lover. I don't really get why Izzo needed to talk to Lebron. Either you want to coach the CAVS or you just want to coach Lebron. If it's the former then you make your own decisions like a grown ass man. If it's the latter, then Lebron has no obligation to tell Izzo something he probably hasn't even decided yet.

I don't get why Lebron by minding his own business this summer is somehow running the Cleveland Cavaliers. Last I checked that was the job of Gilbert and Gant. Is there any other franchise in the NBA that is this sniveling to their superstar? Why on earth should Dan Gilbert need Lebron James approval for anything? Do what is best for the franchise, and Lebron is going to follow. Lebron doesn't have time to be the GM, Head Coach, and best player for the Cavs. That's asking waaaay too much.

People need to shut up and do their jobs and stop expecting Lebron to do them for him.

To Dan Gilbert's credit, that's what HE'S doing, but the media are constantly painting this picture which is probably fucking up a lot of Gilbert's plans.

If you want to blame anyone for this situation it's the media. So far as I can tell Lebron's biggest sin is not coming out and making a lot of statements to the media. And when he does say even the slightest thing it's parced constantly until it's out of context. I'm sure Lebron is just ignoring this whole fiasco.

As for Buzz, he's always had a certain reputation of being an idiot blowhard. He's not well-liked. It was not probably the best decision for Lebron to work with him in the first place. But I doubt he had much of a say in the matter.

Quavvy
06-17-2010, 05:34 PM
I imagine if he was part of Lebron's inner circle before, he won't be if/when Lebron and his friends read all that bullshit he's spewing.

Whether it's true or not, that just isn't shit you typically come out and say in public.

SanduskyCav
06-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Who would honestly waste their time acting like Buzz Bizzinger on Twitter? This has to be him.

MDLT
06-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Bizzinger is a prick, but I suppose LeBron deserves some of this for having an asshat like this guy write his story.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3844515739218831530#

7foot3
06-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I imagine if he was part of Lebron's inner circle before, he won't be if/when Lebron and his friends read all that bullshit he's spewing.

Whether it's true or not, that just isn't shit you typically come out and say in public.

He's not, and that he doesn't have the access he thought he did when he wrote the book and that he went on a tirade about a Lebron isn't a coincidence. Bissinger is a blowhard who thinks he knows more than he does. He may be right about quite a few things, but its completely covered by such ridiculous bombast and hyperbole, that it's not worth looking for. Congratulation on being a sad, bitter old man Buzz.

imahustla
06-18-2010, 12:58 AM
I was happy as hell Bizzinger came out and said this. It needs to be said.

I see that there are still some fans that are blindly pledging their allegiance to LeBron. Come on people. He doesn't give a fuck about you. He really doesn't. He does, however, care about your wallet and care about your brain to make sure that it's constantly thinking about him.

When will people stop letting this guy just straight shit on our city? I used to think that he was using this as leverage to help our team get better by putting pressure on them, but not even talking to the coach? Not even giving a damn?

I bleed Cleveland sports to death. But I don't appreciate seeing my city get shit on like this yet still keep its mouth open and say ahhhh.

Witness Ohio
06-18-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm following him now.....

jnizzle
06-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Buzz reminds me of my drunk grandpa. Vulgar, intelligent, bitter and prone to hilarious rants.

His name is infinitely cooler than my grandpa's however.

futuristxen
06-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Yes Buzz comes from a time when parents thought naming their children after sound effects was a nice idea.

The only thing about Buzz I can say is that he's lucky he didn't end up being named Zap. Then he would have had to be an American Gladiator rather than writer, and I don't think he has the genetics for it.

westsidebob
06-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Yes Buzz comes from a time when parents thought naming their children after sound effects was a nice idea.

The only thing about Buzz I can say is that he's lucky he didn't end up being named Zap. Then he would have had to be an American Gladiator rather than writer, and I don't think he has the genetics for it.

Perhaps you forgot Zap Branigan?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0mpfnYnuf1qapyy7o1_400.jpg

I mean, he'd have to give up wearing pants, but it's still cool, right?

KilgoreTrout
06-18-2010, 08:19 AM
That dude helped kill the team's mojo when he went on record as predicting that LeBron would leave, during the Boston series. He is dead to me now.

triplethreat23
06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I heard an interview with Bissinger on Rome about a month ago and he honestly doesn't have any idea what he's talking about.

DougHeil
06-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Doug, I fail to see how you and others cannot understand why people think Lebron is an arrogant prick. Is he a great player? yes. Can he choose not speak with the organization that has kissed his ass and supported him for the last 7 year? yes. Is he within his rights to test the free agent market while other free agents superstars, on teams with way worse owners and track records, say they want to stay with their team? sure Can he not explain his crap games against Boston (and the main reason we lost in the 2nd round this year after the owner and fans have put so much money behind him)? yes

The fact that he chooses to remain silent though and his constant flirting with other markets over the years is what makes him a dick and is what people are complaining about. All this while being on a team with one of the best owners and records in the NBA, the fans blindly support him since HS days, and he is playing for his hometown team. Of course people feel betrayed, hurt and disgusted.

Don't put words in my mouth. I have never once said LeBron was not arrogant. He is. Wouldn't you be? I would be. What NBA player isn't arrogant? You get to the NBA and you become arrogant, even if in a small way. You get to the level of professional sports, you become arrogant. I would be.

Since when did LeBron ever tell us he would speak in public during his summer of FA? I don't recall him saying he would talk. Why would he? I'm not going to go into why he isn't speaking anymore. You can research the many posts in here from me to read the same thing over and over again. Why do I have to keep repeating myself?

Cavs fans feel betrayed because most of them are a bunch of babies needing their bottles. Man up for a change. Show LeBron you are a Man's fan.

Funny thing is; in spite of many calling LeBron names and not understanding why he isn't talking to anyone... BEFORE July 1st even gets here.... the guy is going to re-sign with the Cavs. Go figure?