PDA

View Full Version : Early comparisons/ good indications

JAY1977
11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I thought it would be intersting to compare the CAVS season as it stands at this time to other teams who lost their star player/s from last season.
As it stands right now we are at 4-4.

Raptors--(loss of Chis Bosh) 1-7

Suns--(loss of Amare Stoudemire)3-4

Jazz--(lost Boozer but he was replaced by a better player Al Jefferson)5-3

So with the exception of the Raptors who failed to even make the playoffs with Bosh almost all of the teams impacted by the free agency fallout this summer seem to still be competitive. This is an interesting concept that I will try and keep an eye on.
The team I respect the most of these three is the Jazz because somehow they manage to remain competitive in a small market all these years. I hope the CAVS can accomplish this same feat in the years to come.

Chardon
11-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Dont forget about 8-0 Miami ( with the gain of james and Bosh)

In retrospect, im happy about the 3-0 road trip.

jim jim
11-10-2010, 04:44 PM
First of all Utah did not loose their star. Williams is still there, Milsap was probably better than boozer to begin with. Losing boozer is like losing larry hughes at this point. He is way past his prime.

Jon
11-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Loozer is just one of those guys who gives up on D nearly as much as you get from him on O. Al Jefferson was cut from the same mold.

bob2the2nd
11-10-2010, 05:11 PM
and how good has everyone elses competition been compared to the cavs because i would think the cavs probably have one of hte worst opponents winning percentages so far. Though you can only beat the teams you play, lets not pretend this team is sailing smoothly

JSS2306
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
and how good has everyone elses competition been compared to the cavs because i would think the cavs probably have one of hte worst opponents winning percentages so far. Though you can only beat the teams you play, lets not pretend this team is sailing smoothly

Let's not pretend we have all the same team of last year, no additions, no new coach, no new offense, minus LeBron.

It seems every game players are gelling more and more. This is a great sign so far and we have guys like Eyenga and Harris on the back burner. I feel comfortable with that. JJ is making better decisions and guys are feeling comfortable in their rolls. It's baby steps with this team but I for one am ecstatic we are 4-3.

DougHeil
11-10-2010, 06:53 PM

Same Bob, huh? :) Oh shoot; I think the Cavs are playing great. They seem to get better and better each game. I can't recall seeing a Cavs team actually play as a real TEAM for many, many years. We did beat Boston first game.

JAY1977
11-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Updated the win/losses and now that Mo Williams is hurt again I am very concerned. Would love to see Manny Harris get some floor time now and see if he can play like he did in the preseason.