PDA

View Full Version : If I had done a postgame show, this is what I would have said.....

moohead
12-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Maybe now you see why LeBron left. He did it poorly, but last night we got a glimpse of the carcasses James carried for so many years. JJ, Parker, Moon, AV, Mo, these were the guys who were entrusted to win a ring for the King. Look at Shaq in Boston. He's nothing. Z in Miami is nothing.

Everyone's focus on LeBron's meltdown stole attention from the other guys. Mo has always been a no show. Z doesn't hustle. Shaq is too old, Delonte is nuts, Moon plays no defense and can't put the ball on the floor, JJ is a pop bottle mentally. Collectively, the whole team quit on Mike Brown. Not just LeBron.

We're not good enough to beat good teams this year. But most of this roster coasted on the coat tails of the man most hated last night. Byron Scott cannot coach desire into veteran players who have been on the dole for years. It is an impossible job. He keeps repeating "Trust", but that's not it. These players do not want to be in Cleveland. Jamison, Mo, AV, JJ would rather be someplace where they can coast to victory. Just like Z got back on the L Train in Miami. I have no respect for him, either. He only wins by sitting next to LeBron. His days of caring are long gone.

The only option is the painful option. Stink, unload the players who aren't putting out, and draft young players. Maybe they will at least show some will.

But don't long for the "old days" in Cleveland. It was a mirage. One man carrying 4 and failing in the end. Start praying for the new days ahead.

Moo

KI4MVP
12-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Shaq is averaging 12/7 in boston in just 23 minutes. Last week he had 13/11, 25/11 and 16/9 in consecutive games. I'd hardly call that nothing.

And last night LeBron beat us. His help last night was no better than our team. Move him to our team and we stomp the heat as bad as they stomped us. He left because he thought the grass was greener, only it's not. The Heat are 12-8, the last two seasons in cleveland we started 17-3 and 15-5.

The Oi
12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I have a bad feeling that this was the game that will turn the Heat around altogether. I'm afraid a 10 game win streak is coming...

Adam
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
yeah because they just realised the best way to win with a lebron led team is to just GTFO of his way and play defense

CHIMOCHIS
12-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Maybe now you see why LeBron left. He did it poorly, but last night we got a glimpse of the carcasses James carried for so many years. JJ, Parker, Moon, AV, Mo, these were the guys who were entrusted to win a ring for the King. Look at Shaq in Boston. He's nothing. Z in Miami is nothing.

Everyone's focus on LeBron's meltdown stole attention from the other guys. Mo has always been a no show. Z doesn't hustle. Shaq is too old, Delonte is nuts, Moon plays no defense and can't put the ball on the floor, JJ is a pop bottle mentally. Collectively, the whole team quit on Mike Brown. Not just LeBron.

We're not good enough to beat good teams this year. But most of this roster coasted on the coat tails of the man most hated last night. Byron Scott cannot coach desire into veteran players who have been on the dole for years. It is an impossible job. He keeps repeating "Trust", but that's not it. These players do not want to be in Cleveland. Jamison, Mo, AV, JJ would rather be someplace where they can coast to victory. Just like Z got back on the L Train in Miami. I have no respect for him, either. He only wins by sitting next to LeBron. His days of caring are long gone.

Moo

yeah if you watched the celtics series you will notice the whole cavs team went to shit. once lebron quit they all quit

WhoWeAre
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Fuck you Moo.

Of course our team sucks WITHOUT LeBron, BECAUSE it was constructed FOR LeBron.

If you would have taken LeBron out of that game last night, and let our team play the Heat to see which had the better supporting cast, we would have fucking killed them.

MJLJ
12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
The average superstar adds 15-20 wins to his team. LeBron the last 2 seasons added 25-30, because these Cavs will end up winning around 30 games. That's a testament to how WEAK his supporting cast was from a championship standpoint. If 'Mo is your second best player, then you're simply NOT winning a championship. What this season has also taught us is how much LeBron meant EMOTIONALLY to these guys' games. We knew their efficiency would drop significantly without him, but the effort level/energy/pride has all disappeared too. That's all LeBron and his leadership. His infectious/positive personality and overall competitiveness(no superstar played harder) was a MAJOR reason why his cast played the way they did. He had a way of making everyone feel like they were part of something important. It speaks volumes that not a single one of 'em still has anything negative to say about the guy.

As far as Miami goes, they are off to a slow start, but you would have to be living in some serious denial to think LeBron has a lesser shot at a championship there compared to Cleveland. Wade alone makes up for whatever Miami's lacking in depth/size to the last 2 Cleveland teams. By next year they'll also likely acquire a solid big, and it will be VERY hard to beat them then.

brownindian
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Im sure if Shaq and West were still there, then we would have a good chance of winning.

dpurcell
12-03-2010, 11:29 AM

This makes no sense. Shaq and Delonte suck so much that they were signed by the best team in the east, and Z by LeDouche's team.

WhoWeAre
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
The stupid shit you post here is why I would never listen to that waste of a time hobby you call a show.

KI4MVP
12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
^^ and Z and Shaq both start

pjtoadie
12-03-2010, 11:50 AM
The stupid shit you post here is why I would never listen to that waste of a time hobby you call a show.

Hey now calm down!! Moo does a great job so stop hating! Lets see you do a show, it's not easy....TRUST ME!!

JDeezy
12-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't think the sky is falling, but I do think making the playoffs should not be the team's goal. Rebuild the team, if we're gonna get blown out we might as well be able to say "time is on our side" at the end.

And... *ignore*

fudd
12-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Dumb post by Moo. Everyone will realize how LeBron just needs defensive role players and a shooter or two around him to make a good team. He does not play well with anyone else that likes to dominate the ball or anyone that can create their own shot. LeBron is still the same as he has always been, in that he stands still, dribbles, waits for the shot clock to get low, then makes a move. He'll never move without the ball, and the people around him won't move without the ball either because they're waiting for him to do something.

By no means am I excusing the players for how pathetic they were last night. I am embarrassed that we care so much about this team and not one player stood up for us like we did for them. Shit pisses me off. Makes me want to not watch another game this season.

But the team was built to work around LeBron's strenghts. And since he was a cock ass and never let us know if he was going to stay or go, we never really had a chance to build a team that was sustainable. Instead, we would make knee jerk moves every year to try to get lucky.

But Moo, that was a pathetic argument. No one ever said our team would be good without LeBron, because the fuckin team was built around LeBron.

Rich
12-03-2010, 02:22 PM
http://celticshub.com/2010/11/30/unrepeatable-shaqness-oneal-as-statistical-curiosity/#more-11326

There is a nice article on how Shaq is "doing nothing." Nearly shooting 70% this year and we call this nothing?

Stupid post.

NorthCoastBias
12-03-2010, 02:30 PM
I have a bad feeling that this was the game that will turn the Heat around altogether. I'm afraid a 10 game win streak is coming...

It shouldn't be too hard for them to win their next 7 games. Their schedule is pretty favorable in that stretch, in my opinion. Only losable game is @Utah, and that's a revenge game for them.

Rich
12-03-2010, 02:37 PM
It shouldn't be too hard for them to win their next 7 games. Their schedule is pretty favorable in that stretch, in my opinion. Only losable game is @Utah, and that's a revenge game for them.

That game followed by @GS and then two games later New Orleans at home. I'll be suprised if they don't drop at least two of the next seven.

MoFlo
12-03-2010, 02:40 PM
So Moo, how is LeBron doing with his "better supporting cast" this season again? Sitting at 11-8, the most disappointing team in the NBA, with experts really suggesting that a 20-something point win over a sub .500 team will be there turnaround game, I believe?

gregdawg
12-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't know why people keep acting like it's an issue of effort or desire...the issue is that the cavs don't have good players. i'm sorry, but not matter how hard they try, guys like Moon, Graham, Sessions, Parker, and Varejao will never be able to score....they just aren't good. time to dump most of this crap roster and turn to the draft like Oklahoma City did.

Now people are finally starting to realize how terrible this roster was outside of Lebron.

moohead
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
The "disastrous" start Miami has had is 12-8. That's a 50-32 pace. I believe they will play at a 62 win pace the second half of the season and wind up with the 3rd best record in the East with 55 wins. Shaq has no "ups" and will wither as the season progresses. He plays for a good team. Z is useless, and has been for a few years.

The Cavs need to find Byron Scott players who want to play for a hardnosed, grind 'em down coach. This group ain't it. Guys like Jamison don't wanna start over. AV is only a good piece for an established team. He is a fine role player for an offensively adept team that needs hustle and effort. Mo disappears at the drop of a hat. We need moldable, talented young players. That's a long haul approach, but the only sensible one right now.

Byron Scott is a cool customer, but he knows the issue is more than "trust". He's got a tough job.

Moo