PDA

View Full Version : Grade Our Draft

cdt
04-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Here's your chance to sound off the complete Browns draft. Over two days we've added 10 young guys to help this team win. What's your grade and why?

My Grade B We could have gotten a 5th at least out of that pick by selling Ngata, maybe enticed Philly to jump up and snatch Bunkley by selling them we wanted Ngata.

The two 4th rounders were pretty puzzling to me didn't specifically like that round.

The 3rd round WR has good and bad angles. If we really wanted a WR why not just package some late rounders and went up to grab FreeFaller Chad Jackson from Florida.

I liked the 1st pick, and I LOVED the second pick. I advise any serious Browns fan to watch the D'Qwell Jackson press conference that guy sounds about as hungry focused and mentally complete that you could want. I like that.

Wimbley looks like he could be a great OLB and will be tutored by the best :thumbup:

PIP
04-30-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll go with a B as well...

I like Wimbley and Jackson as well... I have read nothing but positives on both... As long as Wimbley is much more productive than Courtney Brown, i'm cool with it... With Willie Mac as a mentor and Romeo coaching, I think he could really start off in the right direction with his career...

I keep seeing Ray Lewis comparisons to Jackson... I just won't buy into that until it's proven... I'll take Odell Thurman though... But his intensity and the ability to make the sure tackle makes him a very nice addition potentially...

I didn't have a problem with the reciever Wilson... As long as he comes as advertised... In that I mean the sure handed possession reciever that could potentially be a #2... If he does resemble David Givens and can make the tough catches and make the catch in the middle of the field with the contact coming ? I'll take it....Plus, he's a nice red zone target..

Minter, Williams, and Vickers ??? No idea about any of those guys...

I like what i've read about Oshinowo (great 6th round value), and I am intrigued by Harrison as well...

Sowells is O-LINE so there is no reason to complain..

All and all I would give a B...

cdt
04-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I wanted Orien Harris at DT but the Steelers grabbed em up :/

cavincali
04-30-2006, 06:55 PM
First off I will never spend my day watching the draft again, the coverage was absolutely awful.

They waited until the 16th hour of the show to interview Coach Crennel. :thumbdown

I gave the draft a C for a couple of reasons:

1. I wanted to get a fat ass DT and we didnt, we got Hisinowo. He ways a tad over 300.

2. My dad hated this draft with a passion, which made me like it a little less. I dont know why he hated the draft so much, but he was pissed.

The draft was a big disapointment in my mind.

Mac
04-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Ill go with a D.

We didnt get market value for the trade up from Baltimore.

We gave Faine away for nothing.

We drafted a CB, a FB, and a WR, which were all useless picks and terrible selections.

We had a chance to nab Watson late, instead we pass. Terrible.

Outside of DQwell and Wimbley, there isn't a single selection I like.

I dont know how anybody could be happy with this draft. We failed to address our dire needs on the DL and selected positions we did not need in the later rounds where we could have gotten depth.

I dont know what Savage is thinking, but his first two years have not been impressive to me.

RuanuLaw
04-30-2006, 10:47 PM
B

PIP
05-01-2006, 12:27 AM
This guy agrees with some of us...(1 team got an A+ we were one of 2 to get an A)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5559064

4. Cleveland: Browns GM Phil Savage probably got the most value pick-by-pick than any team in the NFL. They needed a young pass rusher and selected Kamerion Wimbley from Florida State while moving to grab Maryland linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, who was the defensive player of the year in the ACC last season. Receiver Travis Wilson had a strong Senior Bowl. Miami linebacker Leon Williams definitely fits Romeo Crennel's 3-4 scheme while Washington State running back Jerome Harrison led the Pac-10 in rushing last season while scoring 16 touchdowns. Savage may have taken the best fullback in the draft with Lawrence Vickers. Grade: A

PIP
05-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Checkout this guy... He was giving some pretty tough grades until he got to the Browns..

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/050106dnspogosselingrades.88f75981.html

cdt
05-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Wow I thought the 9ers would have better then a C..we had the best draft according to him. :)

Mac
05-01-2006, 01:08 PM
I cant agree with that at all.

I really like the first two picks, dont get me wrong.

But the third round, that should be a starter. We didnt need a WR. We didnt need a FB, we have one of the best in the league already. Honestly, we didnt need that RB. But Im ok with that pick, I see the logic in it.

We are still hurting pretty bad on the DL and we didnt do anything in the draft to help our cause there. We could have gotten atleast a fourth rounder for Faine, which coulda helped us get Watson who has talent but no work ethic.

We could have helped our cause so much more than what we did.

but then again, these grades mean nothing. These guys havent even played yet.

Style
05-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I'll go B as well. I like the draft, and all the picks but Williams and Hamilton. Most of the picks were high value for where they were taken, and several of them were very versatile, which is a call card of New England style football. Phil got something in return for trading down, and still landed the player he wanted. What kept him from an A was 1) the two bad picks previously mentioned, especially Williams, 2) he could of gotten more for trading down and for Faine, and 3) I would of drafted completely different players. :D

Style
05-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Here's the summary I emailed to my boys:

A look at Phil's draft:

1. Kamerion Wimbley DE (OLB), FSU. We traded down one slot (a reverse Butch Davis) and still grabbed the player we wanted. Very athletic, probably the best 3-4 OLB in the draft. (Hawk would probably play inside in the 3-4.) Savage says he now has his Peter Boulware.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/kamerionwimbley.html
2. D'Qwell Jackson ILB, Maryland. We traded up (Jeff Faine and our second round pick) to snag the top ILB in the draft. He was the defensive player of the year in the ACC last season, which just so happened be where Mario Williams played. He led the conference in tackles two years running. Savage says he now has his Ray Lewis. (!!!)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/dqwelljackson.html
3. Travis Wilson WR, Oklahoma. A big receiver with the best hands in the draft. Doesn't have blazing speed, but will take the crushing hit across the middle and still make the grab. A good red zone threat. Also an excellent blocker. Savage said he was by far the best player available. (of course, he would say that.)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/traviswilson.html
4a. Leon Williams ILB, Miami. A guy who only started 6 games his college career, this was the suck pick of the draft. I don't care how well his measurables are, if he couldn't start in college how's he suppose to be able to play in the nfl?http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/leonwilliams.html
4b. Isaac Sowells OL, Indiana. A big, versatile OL, who can play guard or tackle. Adds some needed depth.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/isaacsowells.html
5a. Jerome Harrison RB, WSU. A speedy, versatile back who can make plays catching the ball as well as in the return game. Very productive, being the third leading rusher in the NCAA. If he can add a few pounds and not lose speed, could be a poor mans LT.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/rb/jeromeharrison.html
5b. DeMario Minter CB, Georgia. A very good value pick, as he was projected to go on day 1. Basically the only knock on the kid is he doesn't have great hands catching the ball. If your only worries in a CB are poor hands, you don't have alot to complain about.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/demariominter.html
6a. Lawrence Vickers FB, Colorado. The best FB in the draft. A very versatile player, who can block, catch, run, backup the tail back, and play special teams.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/fb/lawrencevickers.html
6b. Babatunde Oshinowo DT, Stanford. Another kid projected to go day 1, and thus was a great value in round 6. Is basically built to play 2 gap NT in the NFL. Could be a good one in a few, studying under Washington.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/babatundeoshinowo.html
7. Justin Hamilton S (OLB), VT. Possibly the most bizzare pick of the draft. He was recruited as a running back, was moved to receiver his sophomore year and then asked to switch to safety his senior year. The Browns see Hamilton in a different light than the other teams. They project Hamilton packing on 25 pounds and developing into an outside linebacker. I can't imagine trying to learn a new position at the level of play that you see in the nfl. You do see position switches alot, but I think players probably fail as often as they succeed. At any rate, we could signed this guy undrafted. I guess if he makes the team then it wasn't a terrible pick. He does have some nice measurables: 6-3 230. Benches 340 and ran a 4.5
http://www.hokiesports.com/football...5/hamilton.html

Overall, Savage has been getting high grades. This cat in Dallas gave us the only A+: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/050106dnspogosselingrades.88f75981.html
There is alot to like. Most of his picks were high value for where they were taken, and several of them were very versatile, which is a calling card of New England style football. Phil got something in return for trading down, and still landed the player he wanted. I give it a B. What kept him from an A was 1) the two bad picks of Hamilton and especially Williams, 2) he could of gotten more for trading down in round 1 and for Faine, and 3) I would of drafted completely different players. :D

cdt
05-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Nice analysis :) I'm starting to like our draft the more beat writers and analysts praise it :D

bomber
05-01-2006, 03:40 PM
First off I will never spend my day watching the draft again, the coverage was absolutely awful.

They waited until the 16th hour of the show to interview Coach Crennel. :thumbdown

I gave the draft a C for a couple of reasons:

1. I wanted to get a fat ass DT and we didnt, we got Hisinowo. He ways a tad over 300.
310 isn't bad, hampton I believe came in at 320.

He needs to gain some weight and strength, that shouldn't be a problem.

bomber
05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Ill go with a D.

We didnt get market value for the trade up from Baltimore.

We gave Faine away for nothing.

We drafted a CB, a FB, and a WR, which were all useless picks and terrible selections.

We had a chance to nab Watson late, instead we pass. Terrible.

Outside of DQwell and Wimbley, there isn't a single selection I like.

I dont know how anybody could be happy with this draft. We failed to address our dire needs on the DL and selected positions we did not need in the later rounds where we could have gotten depth.

I dont know what Savage is thinking, but his first two years have not been impressive to me.

well according to the value chart, the move for the ravens from 13 to 12 was worth a late 4th rounder. The 6th kinda pissed me off as well but considering we got it for FREE bc Ngata wasn't gonna be the pick all along so we just stole an extra 6th I'll take it.

As for the Faine trade, saints pick was worth 560, ours 460. The 100 point difference is a 4th round pick, so thats what he was worth. This trade made the most sense, they needed a center, we didn't need the extra pick b/c we still woulda had to give them a pick to move up

Why would we want watson?? Have you seen the wrap on this guy, he make big money look legit

The leon williams pick pissed me off at first, still kinda iffy on that, the fb pick surprised me as well. But Vickers makes sense, he's a short yardage back we need, can catch and get those extra yards.

We got a pretty darn good db, an okay gaurd that savage thinks can compete for a starting job in 07.

Wilson pick pissed me off too but in reality we did need a WR, it was a good value pick. I see the reason we picked him was Braylon not being back on time for the start of the season, jj getting older, need a possesion receiver and maybe dropcutt is on the outs after the year.

bomber
05-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I know I mentioned it a bit above, vickers and smith are totally different backs smith's our blocker and vickers is going to be a special teamer, short yardage runner, safety valve for frye, he's like a patrick pass I guess you can say.

As for the Harrison(rb) pick, everyone knew along we were going to get a change of pace back and we got it and it was a great pick. Suggs and Green can't be counted on for anything.

cdt
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Not true hbomber Suggs will be injured during the first meeting in the film room when he stubs his toe on a chair. And Green will get caught rolling doobies in the players lounge.

TrueCavsFan23
05-01-2006, 07:11 PM
mac u sure ur not just dissapointed we traded faine cause hes from ND?We would have missed out on jackson which i am really high on.Personally faine was an injury prone bust to me so far.

Mac
05-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Actually, I was against the Faine pick. We had Fowler, who wasn't a bad C. So know what youre talking about before you speak.

I dont make assumptions based on colleges or where players are from. Hell, ive went on and on about how much I wanted Hawk here..

And what's with the comments about Green? He has never violated the leagues substance abuse policy for smoking weed, never been arrested for it while being here in Cleveland so why the reference?

PIP
05-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Is William still a Brown ? If so, Why ?

cdt
05-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I've been wondering the same. I want him out of here, he is nothing but bad memories. Toe dipper, dances around the hole and falls at the line of scrimmage. I hate him. When I think of William Green I think of Clinton Portis and how Botch didn't select Portis when he freaking recruited him to Miami AHHH I HATE IT!

TrueCavsFan23
05-02-2006, 12:02 AM
calm down mac lol it just seemed to match.in my eyes faine hasnt done shit and i dont mind trading up to get jackson.he would have probably been gone.so dont get all mad cause i asked u something.

Mac
05-02-2006, 01:15 AM
When you think of William Green, you can think of the player that carried the Browns to the playoffs as a rookie.

The only playoffs this team has seen since they have been back...so yeah, he was real bad.

Bottom line is, WG played behind an OL that I doubt many of you can name all of the starters. Almost put up 1000, as a rookie, and had a damn good year. If not for the suspension in year two, he would have gotten 1000. Put WG behind the line we have now and give him the rock 20 times a game, he could match what Rube did.

Neither one of them is the answer for RB, neither are feature backs. Both are decent, run of the mill RBs and by the time we are ready to contend, Rube will be long gone.

It was a stupid question, so of course I was going to respond the way i did tcf23..

TrueCavsFan23
05-02-2006, 01:26 AM
alright man lol its all good.

cdt
05-02-2006, 07:58 AM
I hate William Green, I don't like him I don't want him here plain and simple. That was the past, this is the present, I'll take Rube Suggs and Harrison.

Style
05-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I wonder what Willy'd be worth in a trade? We may as well try and get something out of him, as we're not going to keep 4 RBs.

cdt
05-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Well he couldn't fetch any picks in the draft so obviously he's worth nothing. Confirming what many of us have known for years.

Mac
05-02-2006, 02:17 PM
How do you know he was on the table?

Suggs is by far are most worthless back, just wondering, what makes you hate WG so much? He has done nothing but worked his ass off while being here, so why the hate?

PIP
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
As for me...I don't hate Green, never have.... I just knew he was not as good as THE RUBE... And unless this Harrison proves me wrong, THE RUBE is still the best back on this team...

William has happy feet.

cdt
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I can't stand a guy who doesn't run hard. Bill Parcells labeled him a "toe dipper" meaning he only rushes for the easy yards. If he doesn't think he can hit a hole he will go horizontal and eventually get knocked down for a loss or no gain.

The whole substance abuse thing and being suspended, plus the drama of him getting shanked by his woman. Plus the fact that we could have had someone better at the selection. I just overall don't like him.

Mac
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
He runs very hard...he has one of the best stiff arms in the NFL. His rookie year was a highlight film. Plus he has good speed.

He got suspended for a DUI, so what are you talking about? Portis has sure helped the Redskins become a good team, wow...great selection there.

WG never had a chance here...unfortunently he had the wife thing and the DUI and that killed him. Very rarely do you get second chances in the NFL.

Ive moved on..we will do with Rube for now, but in the AFC North we need a back that the other teams defense has to worry about. We don't have that yet and I cant see us contending until we do.

cdt
05-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Portis wasn't drafted by the Redskins Mac. He was drafted by the Broncos played 2 years there and was dealt straight up for Champ Bailey.

Mac
05-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Uhm..yeah. I know that.

PIP
05-02-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm more worried about the QB than the RB... If we had a uber talented QB or atleast a real decent QB, Rube can win us a SB as the back....

If Antowain Smith and Michael Pittman can win SB's in the last 4 years as RB's, i'm sure Rube could as well if he had the overall talent around him...RB is the least of our problems...

Rube is not the problem... Our QB with a school girl arm is going to be the problem if we have problems...I don't know if Charlie's playmaking ability is going to be enough to overcome some of his overall short comings...Maybe he comes out and displays a poise and sound fundamental game that will get it done..

But I do like the offensive talent around him if healthy... If Winslow, Edwards, JJ, Northcutt and Rube can all stay healthy and perform well, that should make for a steady offense... Plus, all reports have this Wilson reciever as a real positive pickup for the Browns that will make tough catches in the middle of the field and in the red zone...

I'm not sure about Harrison as our Burner back... But I do like the fact that they got a change of pace type of back to compliment Rube's tough yards...

And lets keep in mind we did improve the O-Line this offseason... So that should obviously really help out this run game and passing attack despite a Charlie's noodle arm.. Having K2 should really help out Charlie for the short game...

And that's just the offense... I'm really excited about this team's defense... I really like the linebacking core, and I think the sleeper could be the Williams guy from the Hurricanes... I can't wait to see Jackson out there roaming around... I'll take a wait and see approach on Kamerion just because of the difficulty of the rush.... But I truly believe Jackson is going to be a future probowler for this team...

The secondary with a healthy Baxter and an improving Bodden will be fun to watch.... The question will be Pool and how he improves.. I like Pool though and I look forward to seeing Hamilton as well... I expect him to obviously be a special teamer, but the from all that has been printed, he seems to be a hard hitter... :thumbup:

I wasn't really excited about seeing the Browns last season... It's always fun when the season starts and all that, but there really wasn't a true excitment around the team... This season however is much different... I love the fact that this team went defense in the draft and is pinning their focus on that aspect of the field, all the while not forgetting about improving the O-Line in free agency...

I do wish we had a QB that was guaranteed to be pretty good and not a project... But, I do like the direction the team is moving in and the stamp Romeo and Savage has put on this team...

Mac
05-02-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you say except for a couple things..

Im not excited about the defense. In the 3-4, it doesnt matter how good your LBs are if your DL is terrible.

Right now, we have one and a half cogs. Ted is old, Roye is solid but we have no RE. Ask Ray Lewis how tough it is without a good DL.

Until we get that adressed, our LBs don't mean anything.

Plus our safties are weak...I know they are young, but there isnt anything there that excites me.

I am lookng forward to our new LBing corps, however. I still see us finishing last in the division, esp if the Ravens get McNair. We have a lot of work to do, but progress has been made.

cdt
05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Mac if the Browns could draft Brady Quinn in 07 should we do it? In your opinion since you've seen him play more then the rest of us..

I think we should push for Adrian Peterson possibly next season, I really like that kid. Mac I think you'll be surprised by our secondary, the LB core is awesome and we can add a DE on the June 1st cuts..

Mac
05-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Brady will be a top three pick, we won't be picking that low.

Id much rather draft a DE or a DT.

One way or the other, we have to build that line and the patches are OK for now, but we gotta start drafting those guys early to have a foundation that will last a while.

cdt
05-02-2006, 08:22 PM
If Reggie can fall to number 2 I think Brady could fall like Leinart..

PIP
05-02-2006, 08:29 PM
I agree... I think our D-Line will be very servicable this season.. But not after this year..

I think with just the slightest improvement with Ted in the middle we should be able to catch a glimpse into what Andra, Chaun (who will play inside according to Romeo) can do.... and what our new young LB's can do..

I'm excited about that... Also, if they do perform well with this older frontline, just imagine what will happen when Phil and Romeo get that stud tackle to free up the Lb's...

cavincali
05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you say except for a couple things..

Im not excited about the defense. In the 3-4, it doesnt matter how good your LBs are if your DL is terrible.

Right now, we have one and a half cogs. Ted is old, Roye is solid but we have no RE. Ask Ray Lewis how tough it is without a good DL.

Until we get that adressed, our LBs don't mean anything.

Plus our safties are weak...I know they are young, but there isnt anything there that excites me.

I am lookng forward to our new LBing corps, however. I still see us finishing last in the division, esp if the Ravens get McNair. We have a lot of work to do, but progress has been made.

Thats not entirely true and is a very bad comparison.

The Ravesn defense was one of the best in the entire NFL with the so-called bad d-line. The Browns rush defesne sucked, a lot of that was because of ben failure.

Do you remember all of the time taylor missed tackles which created 10+ gains. If you eliminate all of the horrible plays of ben taylor/lang/thompson the defense is a hell of a lot better.

If linebackers didnt mean anything than you would be satisfied with 4 ben failers behind a great d-line. I dont think so bro.

TrueCavsFan23
05-02-2006, 09:02 PM
mark schlereth and salisbury said us and i forgot what other team had the best drafts out of everyone.i am just very big on our first 2 picks and cant wait to see jerome harrison in preseason.

Mac
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Ravens didnt have a very good defense last year and what plays did Thompson blow? He was our second most solid LB last year next to Davis.

The DL for the Ravens stunk and everybody is looking around and wondering why all their stats are down across the board for their LBs.

They still have a very good secondary and a very good LB corp, but back when they had the hogmollis on the DL the defense was untouchable. That defense won a superbowl, they lost that DL and now they are tied for last in the AFC North, think about it...

Quinn wont fall, because unlike Lienart, he doesn't have the Hollywood Joe personality, a huge knock on Matt and he has a very strong arm, compared to Matt who has a weak arm. Brady is also much much stronger and has a better pocket presence than Matt does.

Quinn is a prototype NFL QB, he will be a flat out stud. His mechanics are near perfect, he has good feet, good size, great arm strength and pretty good accuracy.

cdt
05-02-2006, 10:39 PM
But in the end AJ is bangin Quinn's sister..AJ is a bigger stud :chuckles:

cavincali
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Ravens didnt have a very good defense last year and what plays did Thompson blow? He was our second most solid LB last year next to Davis.

The DL for the Ravens stunk and everybody is looking around and wondering why all their stats are down across the board for their LBs.

They still have a very good secondary and a very good LB corp, but back when they had the hogmollis on the DL the defense was untouchable. That defense won a superbowl, they lost that DL and now they are tied for last in the AFC North, think about it...

Quinn wont fall, because unlike Lienart, he doesn't have the Hollywood Joe personality, a huge knock on Matt and he has a very strong arm, compared to Matt who has a weak arm. Brady is also much much stronger and has a better pocket presence than Matt does.

Quinn is a prototype NFL QB, he will be a flat out stud. His mechanics are near perfect, he has good feet, good size, great arm strength and pretty good accuracy.

They didnt have a very good defense, are you kidding.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=team&sort=ypg&pos=def&league=nfl&year=2005&season=2

Come on and diffuse these "worthless" stats. The 5th best defense is "not a very good defense", come on bro.

Yes there stats went down, but it went from out of this world to very very good.

Why they werent good last year. Think about who there quaterback is bro. You have said before if they had a decent quaterback they would be good. Did you just start watching football last year??? What happened to there running game??? A lot of things were different from that superbowl team.

Mac
05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
That is not reflective of their defense. They gave up .1 less PPG than we did, did we have a good defense last year? No.

You gave the exact reason on why their defense, in YPG looks good. They had so many short fields to work with, that the opposing teams did not have a lof of ground to cover.

They had Dilfer as the QB the super bowl year, he is about the same level of talent of Boeller. Name the WRs that year too, Desmond Mason and Todd Heap are there now. Jammal Lewis is going to have a great year. The guy was in jail last off-season, it was obvious his game was going to suffer. They have an aging OL as well, but even with all that, with a good DL that is a playoff team.

and Quinns sister is ugly, so banging her isnt the biggest deal in the world. But considering how hideous AJ Hawk looks, I guess it does have the beauty and the beast thing going on..

cavincali
05-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Mac lets try to use some mathematics to show why their defense had little yards but average ppg.

If a team only has to go 50 yards to score a touchdown, than the probablity that they will score is more likely. Why would they only have to go 50 yards Cali??? Because the ravens offense was so bad that they would go nowhere on offense.

No if a team got the ball on there 30 yard line they would have to go 70 yards for a touchdown and the probablity will be less likely. Why is this Cali??? Because since the ravens defense give up little ypg they would run out of land before they could score again.

Shannon Sharpe was a pretty good tight end. Ray lewis played in only 6 games as well.

I dont see the ravens as a playoff team with boller.

Mac
05-03-2006, 01:23 AM
I just said that moron.

You gave the exact reason on why their defense, in YPG looks good. They had so many short fields to work with, that the opposing teams did not have a lof of ground to cover.

The Ravens still had a good D, don't get me wrong. Im not trying to say they are bad. But they were untouchable with a good DL and an average secondary. Now they have a very good secondary, a decent DL and nobody is scared of them. You can run on them if you want to, you can pass on them if you want to.

cavincali
05-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Why do you have to name call bro???

Are you a 21 year old who has the mind of an elementary kid, grow up.

So I over-read your post, the part that proves my point and disproves your. In other words your arguing a point with me and arguing agaisnt yourself. :confused:

You make a comparison between the Browns defense and the Ravens, showing that the Ravens defense is not very good because there ppg is .1 off of the Browns. But than say why there defense is good. Am I missing something.

PIP
05-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Cali,

Moron is a term of endearment...Mac is showing you manly affection.. LoL

cavincali
05-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Hey what can I say, the LADIES, love me. :chuckles:

Style
05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
An alternate view of our draft: http://browns.scout.com/2/527163.html

I don't agree with everything he says, but some of his points are solid. I'm a believer in drafting linemen high. Most years you should strive to have at least 1 OL and 1 DL in your first 3 or 4 picks.

Mac
05-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Why do you have to name call bro???

Are you a 21 year old who has the mind of an elementary kid, grow up.

So I over-read your post, the part that proves my point and disproves your. In other words your arguing a point with me and arguing agaisnt yourself. :confused:

You make a comparison between the Browns defense and the Ravens, showing that the Ravens defense is not very good because there ppg is .1 off of the Browns. But than say why there defense is good. Am I missing something.

Im saying your stats do not show the entire picture. Their YPG is a reflection of how poor the offense is, not how good their defense is.

You cant sit there and tell me any team was scared of the Ravens D last year. Nobody was. They dont dominate games anymore.

Mac
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
For those of you that hate Green, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Savage, in an interview with WTAM said Will is the backup to Rube while Suggs and Harrison will be battling for #3.

Basically, say goodbye to Suggs.

Style
05-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Basically, say goodbye to Suggs.
At this point, Suggs is worth maybe a 6th or 7th rounder, or are we looking at a straight cut here?

PIP
05-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Man, if we could get a 6th for Suggs I would jump all over that....

Mac
05-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Suggs cant even walk across the street without getting injured. He isnt getting a draft pick.

bomber
05-05-2006, 03:50 PM
No to brady quinn, please no

We need d-line help, de, nt

obviously we didn't address it in the draft or much in off season. They is our biggest need still and should be imo. We still have free agents, june 1st cuts

Anyway about Quinn I would stay away from him, he throws for tons of yards against bad teams/defenses but against good defense he looks completely horrible.

Are for the rb issue, to me right now its.

rd, willie, harrison, wright, suggs in that order

it should be eventually rd, harrison, willie, wright. see ya later suggs

I think willie just needs to mature, suggs should be shown the door asap.

I didn't read all the posts about the willie debate but you can't argue the guy has talent, he got caught for weed what twice? once in college and once here. really a non issue to me but he needs maturing

Only thing to me you can question willie on is his vision a bit, blocking and running behind a fb.

cdt
05-05-2006, 04:02 PM
We didn't address DE? We drafted Wimbley who will line up on the end on plays and as an olb to rush the passer. We used our 6th on Oshinowo a DT who was projected day 1.

Smooth
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
[13]. Kamerion Wimbley/OLB (Florida State) - I really like this pick. A guy who was needed to help out in the pass rush. Grade: A-

[34]. D'Qwell Jackson/ILB (Maryland) - The 2nd good pick of Day 1. A guy who will come in right away and make a good pair with Davis. His physical presence, and hard hitting style should make him an impact. Grade: A-

[78]. Travis Wilson/WR (Oklahoma) - A good value pick at this point of the draft. A guy who has a lot of potential can help out a WR corp with some questions. Grade: B

[110]. Leon Williams/ILB (Miami FL) - A good pick to provide some competition at the ILB spot. Williams should contribute on Special Teams and has potential. Grade: B

[112]. Issac Sowells/OT (Indiana) - A guy who should be a developmental player. He could become a good backup with versatility. Grade: C+

[145]. Jerome Harrison/RB (Washington State) - A great pick at this point of time. A guy who can be the scat back we need and take pressure off of Droughns. Grade: A

[152]. DeMario Minter/CB (Georgia) - A pick that could go either way. He should be good insurance for the secondary. Grade: B

[180]. Lawrence Vickers/FB (Colorado) - A pick that is basically for Speical Teams & on 3rd Down. Could be the future FB. Grade: B

[181]. Babatunde Oshinowo/NT (Stanford) - A guy who should contribute right away. Will be the future at NT. Grade: A

[222]. Justin Hamilton/S (Virginia Tech) - This was bit of a surprise with the player there. Should be a special teams guy with some value as a backup safety. Grade: C+

Overall Draft: B+ to A-

bomber
05-05-2006, 06:43 PM
We didn't address DE? We drafted Wimbley who will line up on the end on plays and as an olb to rush the passer. We used our 6th on Oshinowo a DT who was projected day 1.
a possible 1 down de? you kidding me

so we don't need possible replace de's for roye, washington or a good starter for the other de, your comfortable with mckinley at de?

oshinowo is not a sure thing for nt who knows he might just be only a bench player. I'm not comfortable at all with our d-line

Mac
05-06-2006, 01:02 AM
No to brady quinn, please no

We need d-line help, de, nt

obviously we didn't address it in the draft or much in off season. They is our biggest need still and should be imo. We still have free agents, june 1st cuts

Anyway about Quinn I would stay away from him, he throws for tons of yards against bad teams/defenses but against good defense he looks completely horrible.

Are for the rb issue, to me right now its.

rd, willie, harrison, wright, suggs in that order

it should be eventually rd, harrison, willie, wright. see ya later suggs

I think willie just needs to mature, suggs should be shown the door asap.

I didn't read all the posts about the willie debate but you can't argue the guy has talent, he got caught for weed what twice? once in college and once here. really a non issue to me but he needs maturing

Only thing to me you can question willie on is his vision a bit, blocking and running behind a fb.

You couldnt be more wrong.

24-45 286 yards no picks against what many would say was the best D in the nation last year, Ohio State.

20-33 295 yards 3 TD 0 picks vs a tough Tennessee team.

29-36 440 yards 3 TDs 1 pick vs Purdue

33-60 487 yards 5 tds 1 pick vs MSU

19-30 140 yards 2 TDs 0 picks.

32 tds 7 picks on the season, almost 4,000 yards. He gave it to the Big Ten.

Brady is by far the best QB to hit the college scene in probably the last ten years.

He didnt have a single bad game, NOT ONE. He played OK in a couple. He threw just two INTs in three losses, only threw more than one INT in one game which they still won. Didnt have a single game throwing under 54% completion.

The kid is unreal talented. And it wasnt Weiss. He had a damn good year before Charlie was there too.

cdt
05-06-2006, 01:05 AM
It's ok..even if Brady never gets the nfl (he will) his sister is financially stable :chuckles: oh man that never gets old..and it never will

cavincali
05-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Quinn is a beast.

How again is Tenesse a good team, they finished below .500???

Against THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, he completetion % was under .500

Purdue isnt anything special, theyre alright and the same goes for Michigan State.

However I wouldnt be opposed of seeing him in a Browns uniform, but it wont happen cause Frye will be the man. :thumbup:

Mac
05-06-2006, 09:25 AM
You are right...somehow I couldnt figure out myself how 29-45 passing was under 50%.

You, again, cali...never cease to amaze we with your educational prowess.

The Oi
05-06-2006, 09:38 AM
So what'd you guys think of the draft?

cavincali
05-06-2006, 01:19 PM
You are right...somehow I couldnt figure out myself how 29-45 passing was under 50%.

You, again, cali...never cease to amaze we with your educational prowess.

uhhhhhhhh :dunno:

PIP
05-06-2006, 01:51 PM
So what'd you guys think of the draft?I think we had a great...

If you didn't think we had a great, you're pretty much a ****ing idiot...

That's pretty much what I think.

RuanuLaw
05-06-2006, 02:35 PM
We deserve an F because we did not get Reggie Bush

Chill, just a joke.

Mac
05-06-2006, 09:48 PM
uhhhhhhhh :dunno:

you said he threw for under 50% vs the Buckeyes, he was 29 for 45 in that game.

Which is over 50%...

CornerThree
05-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I think Quinn was projected as #1 overall next year, although it will probably change.