PDA

View Full Version : I would have to cry if this happened lol

Housh
02-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Alot of you guys' biggest fear is getting anal raped by the draft lottery to pick#4. You guys ever thought what if Jared Sullinger and Kyrie both decide not to declare AND we get destroyed to pick# 4 in the draft?

OUCH

No Perry, no Derrick, no Enes Kanter.............We would probably have a choice between Harrison Barnes and Terrence Jones......

In our face.

Im just sayin this cause its likely that both dont declare

Gimme Some Mo
02-11-2011, 02:22 AM
The image I see of this team when thinking positively is ugly enough. I don't need to hear this shit. :chuckles:

Rist77
02-11-2011, 02:27 AM
If that was the scenario, I would be perfectly fine with drafting Terrence Jones, Jonas V, or even Harrison Barnes, if he shows more offense the rest of the year. Any of these players can make a good impact and be a solid 2nd or 3rd option. Or possibly even trading down to get multiple picks.

What this would also mean is that the top 5 picks in the 2012 draft would most likely be, in no particular order, Kyrie Irving, Jared Sullinger, Austin Rivers, Quincy Miller, and Michael Gilchrist. That's four possible stars plus a more experienced Jared Sullinger that we would basically be guaranteed to get.

Northstar
02-11-2011, 03:44 AM
All that dropping to #4 and drafting Jones would mean is that the Cavs pick up a quality player who will be a top 10 SF some day and get to have the best chance at the first pick in 2012. What's wrong with that?

tedginnjr
02-11-2011, 08:01 AM
lol

Lionheart
02-11-2011, 08:15 AM
If this happens, we embrace some more suck and get the top pick in the 2012 draft. :chuckles:

WitnessMoBoobie
02-11-2011, 09:38 AM
...and probably in the 2013 draft as well.

theSTEREO.
02-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Irving and Sullinger will declare. They both have a shot at being picked #1 and their draft stock is high. If they wait til 2012 they risk slipping to #4 or 5. They will come out.

It's the guys that will go 4-8 or so that you have to worry about not coming out

daytripper
02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
All that dropping to #4 and drafting Jones would mean is that the Cavs pick up a quality player who will be a top 10 SF some day and get to have the best chance at the first pick in 2012. What's wrong with that?

That would be fine with me. Looking at the potential prospects, the 2012 draft could be one of the best in years. Assuming a lockout next season it would be an ideal time to suck. :chuckles:

Rondo
02-11-2011, 10:11 AM
be prepared to embrace the suck for a couple years then, CUZ WE'RE GETTIN KYRIE EITHER WAY :thumbup:

Triumph36
02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Alot of you guys' biggest fear is getting anal raped by the draft lottery to pick#4. You guys ever thought what if Jared Sullinger and Kyrie both decide not to declare AND we get destroyed to pick# 4 in the draft?

OUCH

No Perry, no Derrick, no Enes Kanter.............We would probably have a choice between Harrison Barnes and Terrence Jones......

In our face.

Im just sayin this cause its likely that both dont declareAccording to....? Based on.....?

Bob Loblaw
02-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Falling to 3 or 4 isn't really a big deal in this draft if Irving doesn't come out. You're not missing out on Dwight Howard or Kevin Durant...you have a lot of similar, solid yet unspectacular talent, a guy picked #1 could be #4 or 5 on other teams boards and vice versa. Whoever you pick is going to have question marks, but the guy who goes #1 will have a lot of expectations and pressure put on him.

*L-Train*
02-11-2011, 10:25 AM
if that happens (it won't) we take the tall Lithuanian kid (Jonas Valanciunas) with the 4th pick and he becomes the next Pau Gasol, i'm fine with that :thumbup:

I'mWithDan
02-11-2011, 10:29 AM
No one wants to hear it but the best thing the Cavs could do is suck again in 2011-2012. 2013 is the big bounce back year.

Let's say we "settle" on Harrison Barnes this year.

Sullinger and Irving return and the Cavs end up in the top 5 next season, lucking in to a top 2-3 pick.

They'd start 2012-2013 (barring any major assets being shipped off) with a possible starting lineup of:

PG: Kyrie Irving / Mo Williams
SG: Manny Harris / Christian Eyenga
SF: Harrison Barnes
PF: JJ Hickson
C: Anderson Varejao

Pretty exciting eh?

Obviously Irving NEXT year is the dream scenario but my point in this post is the worst thing the Cavs could do is get a good draft pick THIS year and then bring in a bunch of overpriced vets (to make a run at the 7 seed in the Eastern Conference Playoffs).

JJ is developing rather nicely (8 double doubles since early January), regardless of all the haters. Pairing 2 talented young players with him, this year and next, would really jump start this franchise.

Patience not panic will be MUCH more rewarding in this rebuild. We're not trying to make the playoffs, we're trying to win a title. The approach you take in those two scenarios is very different.

NarlCavs
02-11-2011, 03:12 PM
For me after Irving there really isn't a lot of difference between the next group of prospects. I'm also fully prepared that every top prospect isn't going to declare for the draft.
We already see difference in opinion among fans and draft "experts" as to who are the top players. There will also be differences with scouts and team personnel. This actually could be a year where it won't matter much where you're picking in the top 4.

jason436
02-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Right now a great PG seems to be the fastest way to build a team, although a big time center ala Howard isn't bad either. So getting a PG next year might no be the worst thing that could happen. Use our pick this year to add the best player available probably means quite a few losses and another high pick. Coulple two high back to back picks together and experience for our young players and we should be heading in the right direction.