PDA

View Full Version : Message to beer drinkers: Do not buy AB-InBev products

Huber.
03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
(NEWSER) – Anheuser-Busch InBev is desperate to turn its sales around. Sure, it's still the biggest beer company in the US, but shipments have fallen for three straight years, thanks to the growing popularity of small, independent craft brewers. But this year Budweiser's got a plan, president of North American operations Luiz Edmond tells the Wall Street Journal: It's going to produce more beers, while leaning on distributors not to carry the competition. Anheuser will introduce 19 new products this year, its biggest rollout since the InBev merger.

Some will aim to compete in the craft market, like additions to its Shock Top line, or boast higher alcohol content, like the 6% Bud Light Platinum, which Edmond calls a "game changer." Still others, like Bud Light Lime-a-Rita, will be malt beverages bearing little resemblance to beer. At the same time, Bud has urged 500 wholesalers to distribute fewer rival beers, warning that it will act against those who don't. An unapologetic Edmond says wholesalers must pick sides, and show "loyalty" to InBev.

http://www.newser.com/story/142953/flailing-anheuser-busch-tries-new-beers-intimidation.html

Here is a list of Anheuser-Busch InBev beers:

Global Brands
Stella Artois
Becks
Budweiser

Multi-country Brands

Leffe
Hoegaarden

Local Champions

Alexander Keith
Antarctica
Aqua Fratelli Vita
BagBier
Baisha
Bass
Belle Vue
Boddingtons
Bohemia
Busch
Brahma
Boomerang
Bud-Light (U.S.)
Bud Light Canada
Caracu
Chernigivske
Diebels
Diekirch
Dommelsch
Double Deer
Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier Dunkel
Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier Hell
Franziskaner Weissbier Kristallklar
Gilde Ratskeller
Goose Island
Guaraná Antarctica
Guaraná Brahma
Haake-Beck
Harbin
Hasseröder
Hertog Jan
Hoegaarden citrons
Hougaerdse Das
Jinling
Jinlongquan
Julius
Jupiler
KK
Klinskoye
Kokanee
La Bécasse
Labatt Blue
Labatt Blue Light
Labatt Family
Labatt Ice
Labatt Sterling
Lakeport Pilsener
Liber
Löwenbräu
Löwenbräu Oktoberfestbier
Löwenbräu Original
Marathon
Michelob Lager
Mousel
Natural Ice
O'Doul's
Oranjeboom
Paceña
Permskoye Gubernskoye
Piedboeuf
Premier
Quilmes Cristal
Red Shiliang
Rifey
Rogan
Rolling Rock
Safir
Sedrin
Shock Top
Sibirskaya Korona
Skol
Spaten - Original Munich Beer
Staropramen
St.Pauli Girl
Sukita
Tolstiak
Vieux Temps
Yali
Yantar
Zizhulin

OnTheReg
03-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Do you want to wake up with a Clydesdale's head in your bed?

I think I'll stay out of this one, thank you.

Backstage
03-31-2012, 11:34 AM
I fully endorse huber's request.

Granted, I work for a distributor that is full-force behind crafts and imports, but I'm not biased. At all. Whatsoever. Shut up.

(Keep buying Labatt and St. Pauli Girl, though.)

ChicagoCavFan
03-31-2012, 12:00 PM
I was in Belgium in January for work, and we got denied for a tour of the AB In-Bev facility. Apparently, such a thing needs to be scheduled. Effin rules.

Leffe Blonde made me happy though.

FiveThous
03-31-2012, 12:09 PM
I prefer small breweries and craft brews so this shouldnt be hard

Huber.
03-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I prefer small breweries and craft brews so this shouldnt be hard

Did you see the list? Sometimes you think you're buying a small brewery beer or craft brew but its really InBev.

Cratylus
03-31-2012, 12:26 PM
I checked the entire list and I don't drink any of the horse piss that InBev produces.

Randolphkeys
03-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Leffe and Hoegaarten are the only real losses here... the rest are piss.

Gunther
03-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Must admit I was upset when Rolling Rock sold out (along with the whole town of Latrobe, PA I'm sure). It was a nostalgic favorite for me and my old college buddies, but now I'd feel like a filthy whore buying the stuff. I've been a Miller Lite guy for some time now, but I'm going to switch to just Great Lakes stuff and keep it local. There's a couple of good brewpubs in Akron as well that sell their products in local groceries (Thirsty Dog and Hoppin' Frog).

Huber.
03-31-2012, 12:35 PM
I checked the entire list and I don't drink any of the horse piss that InBev produces.

we have ourselves an ultra beer snob

Leffe and Hoegaarten are the only real losses here... the rest are piss.

Goose Island has some good products. I was mad when they sold out.

MDLT
03-31-2012, 12:59 PM

Randolphkeys
03-31-2012, 01:10 PM
I drove a 12er of Goose Island from Chicago to Cleveland last summer for a face-off against Great Lakes. Not only did GL blow them out with our guest panel of drinkers, but we ran out of Yuelingling before the Goose Island ran out.

Man Called X
03-31-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't buy AB products anyway. But I really can't wait for a couple local bars to stop carrying AB too. It's bound to happen.

Huber.
03-31-2012, 02:03 PM
I drove a 12er of Goose Island from Chicago to Cleveland last summer for a face-off against Great Lakes. Not only did GL blow them out with our guest panel of drinkers, but we ran out of Yuelingling before the Goose Island ran out.

that's because Goose Island isn't as good as GL but more expensive than Yuengling.

WellYouNeednt
03-31-2012, 02:25 PM
The worst thing about living in NYC is for whatever reason Great Lakes does not ship here. None of the stores stock it. Fuckin sucks. I have no idea why--im gonna have to do a little research and see whats up. At least when i visit family i always stock their fridge with some Dortmunder and other favorites.

MDLT
03-31-2012, 02:28 PM
The worst thing about living in NYC is for whatever reason Great Lakes does not ship here. None of the stores stock it. Fuckin sucks. I have no idea why--im gonna have to do a little research and see whats up. At least when i visit family i always stock their fridge with some Dortmunder and other favorites.

I think it will get there pretty soon. It's everywhere here in DC.

WellYouNeednt
03-31-2012, 02:32 PM
I think it will get there pretty soon. It's everywhere here in DC.

Did that happen recently?

bob2the2nd
03-31-2012, 03:24 PM

must have because its not in maryland north of baltimore (ive been looking everywhere for it)

CHEECHREBORN
03-31-2012, 04:13 PM
must have because its not in maryland north of baltimore (ive been looking everywhere for it)

I've found multiple places in Philly that sell GL. Have you checked GL's website for stores around you that sell it? You can put in your address and they'll tell you where you can find it

jlj3184
03-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Good luck separating me from my Natty Light.

In all seriousness, I do like Goose Island 312 & St Pauli Girl. Only tried about 40% of the list though.

WellYouNeednt
03-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the tip CHEECHREBORN. It looks like they sell it in a couple bars in Jersey City. When the weather gets nicer i will have to make some trips over to Hoboken. You have to do whatever it takes to get some good ol' Great Lakes!

CHEECHREBORN
03-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the tip CHEECHREBORN. It looks like they sell it in a couple bars in Jersey City. When the weather gets nicer i will have to make some trips over to Hoboken. You have to do whatever it takes to get some good ol' Great Lakes!

No problem, I actually saw from someone else on here that you could do that. I was looking for some Christmas Ale and that was the only way that I could ever find any

Cratylus
03-31-2012, 07:31 PM
we have ourselves an ultra beer snob.

Nah, I just like what I like. None of the primary beers I drink are made by InBev: Guinness, Dos Equis, Smithwicks, Harp, Killians... I'd hardly call those the choices of a beer snob. Now, two other beers I drink on occasion, perhaps: Ebulum, Fraoch.

The Voice
03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Great lakes has been expanding for years, so it will soon be in ny most likely.

WellYouNeednt
03-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Great lakes has been expanding for years, so it will soon be in ny most likely.

I really do hope so. Great Lakes has to be my favorite. It just shocks me that they have not already been in the NYC market. It is like a kick to the groin not being able to walk to the corner store and grab a sixer Great Lakes.

Aussie
03-31-2012, 08:24 PM
First Milk, now beer, I guess Jigo wants us to die of dehydration

kevinoc0
03-31-2012, 08:48 PM
So what am I supposed to do with the rest of my Bud Lime-a-Rita?

Even in spite of the rest of the article, calling Bud Light Platinum a "game changer" forces me to take my beer selection elsewhere.

The Voice
04-01-2012, 02:29 AM
So what am I supposed to do with the rest of my Bud Lime-a-Rita?

Even in spite of the rest of the article, calling Bud Light Platinum a "game changer" forces me to take my beer selection elsewhere.

Have you seen the ad for bud light platinum? They call it top shelf! :chuckles:

FiveThous
04-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Did you see the list? Sometimes you think you're buying a small brewery beer or craft brew but its really InBev.
I did and shocktop is the only one I drink.. I hate ab products

FiveThous
04-01-2012, 03:28 AM
I really do hope so. Great Lakes has to be my favorite. It just shocks me that they have not already been in the NYC market. It is like a kick to the groin not being able to walk to the corner store and grab a sixer Great Lakes.

Just found a store in nc that's sells gl and that makes me really happy had some dorts the other night such a great beer

CavsRules
04-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Meh.

I'll stick to liquor and Four Lokos.

IWantAKouki
04-01-2012, 02:05 PM

what the FUCK am i supposed to do without my natty light and bud regular

guess its back to PBR

MDLT
04-01-2012, 03:02 PM

I'd say about a year ago. I don't know if its every liquor store in the city, but most I've been too lately sell them now.

FiveThous
04-01-2012, 05:16 PM

guess its back to PBR

Realize it is time to stop drinking shit college beer is a good start

IWantAKouki
04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Realize it is time to stop drinking shit college beer is a good start

say that to my face fucker and not online and see what happens

RonG
04-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I got news for you guys this shit has been going on for years, My dad worked for a Miller distributor and AB distributor we are talking 20 years back. Besides I am not giving up my Budlight in 100 degree weather... and there is no way for me to get GL xmas ale down here so it makes me a little sad every time the holidays come around.

IWantAKouki
04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I do love me some good beer but you really can't beat pisswater on a hot summer day while grillin out, especially for the price.

Although once I start working after graduation I will probably stick with Stoudt's Golden Lager for those situations. Damn good beer. You just can't buy a case of it for 15 bucks.

Huber.
04-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I got news for you guys this shit has been going on for years, My dad worked for a Miller distributor and AB distributor we are talking 20 years back. Besides I am not giving up my Budlight in 100 degree weather... and there is no way for me to get GL xmas ale down here so it makes me a little sad every time the holidays come around.

Next Christmas have one of us ship you some. I would but can only find six packs of GL around here I live.

Randolphkeys
04-02-2012, 03:27 PM
There's still a place in this world for lagers. I don't want to drink cans of lager every night, but who wants to down a thick, hoppy beer in the heat? I also like a good lager to wash down shots, if I'm in the mood to get insolent.

Last summer I briefly got into dropping a shot of tequila and a squirt of lime juice into Tecate, or a shot of bourbon and twist of lemon into a PBR. Dee-licious!

Lee
04-02-2012, 03:29 PM

People hate the free market. As soon as they see what really happens behind the scene they start marching on wall street and call themselves the 99%.

PS, I dont drink AB products, but they are free to do their best to legally squeeze out larger market share.

WellYouNeednt
04-02-2012, 11:01 PM

guess its back to PBR

Had to give up the PBR after college. It is when i realized it was giving me the worst 'beer shits.' When you disgust yourself...its time to make a change.

eighter08
04-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Have you seen the ad for bud light platinum? They call it top shelf! :chuckles:
I don't know exactly what they mean by game changer, weather it's the taste, alcohol content, or promotions, but I work for a company that makes the labels and I can tell you that we have been busy as hell since a week before the Super Bowl.
Weather you like it or not, it has been selling like crazy and has certainly been a change for our business.

CHEECHREBORN
04-04-2012, 06:28 PM
There's still a place in this world for lagers. I don't want to drink cans of lager every night, but who wants to down a thick, hoppy beer in the heat? I also like a good lager to wash down shots, if I'm in the mood to get insolent.

Last summer I briefly got into dropping a shot of tequila and a squirt of lime juice into Tecate, or a shot of bourbon and twist of lemon into a PBR. Dee-licious!

I'm a big fan of Tecate. I first tried it while I was visiting San Diego last year, and I asked for a popular local beer. I'm going to have to give the tequila + lime + Tecate thing a try

IWantAKouki
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Bud Platinum is solid. A little too sweet for me but it doesn't taste as awful as other ice beers, goes down just as easy or easier than BL or regular bud.

Randolphkeys
04-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm a big fan of Tecate. I first tried it while I was visiting San Diego last year, and I asked for a popular local beer. I'm going to have to give the tequila + lime + Tecate thing a try

They are great... a little too great when it's hot outside... like a margarita beer. It's actually a product of Tijuana. I have a 30 pack sitting in my storage closet right now. Latinos down that shit like Sprite.

If you are hardcore, you will try one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelada

IWantAKouki
04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I need to invent an awesome drink. Right now it's Natty + Lime but I need something a little more complicated than that. Should include JB.

BooyaCS
04-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Thankfully none of the beer I drink is on that list.

I am more of a dark beer/craft beer type of person.

Yeungling
Great Lakes Brewing
Sam Adams
Guiness