PDA

View Full Version : Gooden traded to Clippers?

King
07-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Posters on a bunch of other boards are saying that Channel 19 News is reporting that Gooden has been traded to the Clippers for Jaric. Anyone else hear this?

CRWine+Gold
07-22-2005, 11:32 PM
BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Gooden is worth more than Jaric, we better be getting a pick or a filler for that. I think that with Bobby comin over from the Kings, the Grizz is gonna be looking to shop JWill. With Bonzi being involved in that deal, they need a 2 guard, give them Sasha and Gooden since Stro is gone as well. JWill for Sasha and Gooden, I would have that any day.

joma
07-22-2005, 11:35 PM
they said wilcox could possibly be included in the trade

bail
07-22-2005, 11:37 PM
dang marko jaric is injury proned

CRWine+Gold
07-22-2005, 11:38 PM
they said wilcox could possibly be included in the trade

That I could definitely do with! Wilcox was my boy in college, I love him as a player, but he hasn't filled that potential yet. I would love to see him in a Cavs uni!

joma
07-22-2005, 11:38 PM
i still want sarunas :(

King
07-22-2005, 11:40 PM
If this is true, its a high risk-high reward trade for us. I think Jaric is a great fit for the team. He provides pretty much all we're looking for in a PG. But hes always a risk to miss around 30 games a season. I hope Wilcox would be included in this deal. Not really that big of a fan of his, but Gooden has more value than just Jaric.

NarlCavs
07-22-2005, 11:40 PM
It's just a rumor right now. 19 news isn't the most respected news organization around so we should hold off on totally believeng this for now.

I did happen to catch the story at 11. They said it was reported in 2 LA papers but I just found nothing about it on the sites of the 2 biggest papers in LA.

I think everything depends on what decision Sarunas makes. If he chooses Utah than Jaric is a very strong possibility. His visit to Cleveland has moved to Monday now.

CRWine+Gold
07-22-2005, 11:41 PM
i still want sarunas :(

UHHHH, NO! Completely disagree there. I will take the proven NBA player over a Euro any day, half the Euros turn out to be complete and total busts. Jaric, Stoudamire, McGinnis, JWill, and Daniels are all PG's I would want to see in a Cavs uni before Sarunas.

Wine and Gold
07-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Well, if the trade is Gooden for Jaric and Wilcox ...I will have nailed the Donyell Marshall signing and this particular trade....I'm on a hot streak. I think this helps us alot, and puts Sarunas in Utah then. Plus, I still think we may add one more piece in some form at the center position.

E-Light
07-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Chris wilcock could be our back up center.

joma
07-22-2005, 11:59 PM
UHHHH, NO! Completely disagree there. I will take the proven NBA player over a Euro any day, half the Euros turn out to be complete and total busts. Jaric, Stoudamire, McGinnis, JWill, and Daniels are all PG's I would want to see in a Cavs uni before Sarunas.

you would take mcinnis over sarunas??? :doh:

CRWine+Gold
07-23-2005, 12:01 AM
you would take mcinnisover sarunas??? :doh:

Yea, shows you the faith I have in Euro players huh.

d3
07-23-2005, 12:09 AM
hope this is true

ColumbusCavsFan5
07-23-2005, 12:12 AM
This would be a decent trade for us, as long as we got Wilcox. I still am kinda disappointed about not landing Sarunas.

joma
07-23-2005, 12:14 AM
could we get jaric and saras?

jaric is 6'7" he could play backup SG right?

Wine and Gold
07-23-2005, 12:15 AM
#54. Chris Wilcox
Height: 6' 10"
Weight: 235 lbs.
Position: Power Forward
College: Maryland
Born: 3rd September, 1982
Experience: 3 Seasons

Wilcox numbers

Year Team GMs MPG FG% FT% 3PT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
02-03 LAC 46 10.4 52.1 50.0 - 2.3 0.5 0.2 0.3 3.7
03-04 LAC 65 20.6 52.1 70.0 0.0 4.7 0.8 0.5 0.3 8.6
04-05 LAC 54 18.6 51.4 61.1 - 4.2 0.7 0.5 0.4 7.9
CAREER 165 17.1 51.8 63.4 3.9 0.7 0.4 0.3 7.0

CRWine+Gold
07-23-2005, 12:20 AM
could we get jaric and saras?

jaric is 6'7" he could play backup SG right?

If you wanna spend a solid 4-6 mil per on your back-up SG to Larry Hughes sure, but he won't come there if he knows he is playing 15 minutes per game, no matter how much you give him. If Jaric comes here, he will be the starting PG, no ?'s asked.

d3
07-23-2005, 12:25 AM
If you wanna spend a solid 4-6 mil per on your back-up SG to Larry Hughes sure, but he won't come there if he knows he is playing 15 minutes per game, no matter how much you give him. If Jaric comes here, he will be the starting PG, no ?'s asked.

depends who miek brown thinks is a better fit ... but ya it would be dumb to start snow since we alreayd have our shut down defender in hughes... otehr then that snow cant do s***..

CRWine+Gold
07-23-2005, 12:27 AM
I guess what I am really saying is that no, Jaric and Sarunas will not come here together, it would be too expensive and too dumb. Conceivably, it could be done probably, but why would you do it?

d3
07-23-2005, 12:31 AM
we dont need another 2. its between sarunas and jaric.

heres our shooters :

Luke
donyell
sasha
lebron
Z

we dont need no more shooters. we need a PG who can deal the ball and make the 3. Which is Sarunas, but like alot of people have said , its europe... now jaric is proven he can penetrate and dish the ball... i really dont care which one we get there both good, and jaric is younger

CRWine+Gold
07-23-2005, 12:32 AM
we dont need another 2. its between sarunas and jaric.

heres our shooters :

Luke
donyell
sasha
lebron
Z

we dont need no more shooters. we need a PG who can deal the ball and make the 3. Which is Sarunas, but like alot of people have said , its europe... now jaric is proven he can penetrate and dish the ball... i really dont care which one we get there both good, and jaric is younger

You want Z shooting jumpers over Hughes?

Glen Infante
07-23-2005, 01:11 AM
I can't really get too excited over this. I was never really high on Jaric. He is going to get burned by the East's guards. Marbury, Tinsley, Ford, Ben Gordan, Chauncy, are all going to abuse him at the perimeter.

We can sign a point guard without even trading Drew Gooden. Chris Wilcox is ok, but there is better defenders out there that we can get our hands on. If this is the best deal we can get with Drew Gooden, then I guess we should go for it. But like I said, I am not very excited at all.

TrueCavsFan23
07-23-2005, 01:12 AM
neither am i...if its gooden for jaric i wont be happy...i would rather just sign damon or sarunas and keep gooden.if we get wilcox ill be a lil more into the deal...but still who says jaric wont get hurt again?

Mac
07-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Ford wont even be able to walk after a month or two, he will break his neck again..

Glen Infante
07-23-2005, 01:16 AM
would rather just sign damon or sarunas and keep gooden.

Werd. Thats exactly what I would do.

PIP
07-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Ford wont even be able to walk after a month or two, he will break his neck again.. :chuckles:

PIP
07-23-2005, 01:34 AM
honestly if this guy (jaric) can knock down a outside shot now and then, and defend a little bit ? then fine..

i like the thought of a big guard lineup like the bulls use to do with
harper
pip
mike

i'm in no way saying jaric, hughes, bron is as good (of course not) -- but i love the tall lineup on the court..

so if jaric can play the harper role for us ? then i'm in..

having wilcox wouldn't suck either...

KingJames23
07-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Ferry should have just signed a point guard and keep Gooden.

But this is actually a good trade, Jaric is nice and Wilcox is a monster at finishin' plays. Lets just hope Jaric doesn't get injured again

PIP
07-23-2005, 01:40 AM
the dude has eyes that belong on a rat... (they're weird looking)
http://www.soniguales.com/fotos/MarcoJaric.jpg

Pioneer10
07-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Gooden for Jaric and Wilcox is an absolute steal IMO. Take it and run

cdt
07-23-2005, 02:00 AM
any links to this besides a realgm topic? the only 2 stations i'd even think of taking seriously are Channel 8 and Channel 3...19 news jumps the gun to try to gain more viewers, and 5 has always just been a step back....8 and 3 are the only ones credible imo..

Troy Wingate
07-23-2005, 03:21 AM
Gooden for Jaric and Wilcox is a good deal, but if this deal is true, that means Sarunas aint coming.

It's being reported that Utah is close to a deal with Sarunas after the Bonzi Wells trade freed up cap space.

BOO!

Whoever said they want McInnis over Sarunas is a joke. Maybe you want us to finish in the lottery so we can get a good draft pick or something because that would be Jeff would try and take us. Euro are usually busts eh! Maybe you would of traded Dirk for Tractor as well. Some people just dont understand fundamentals.

So much for getting good people here if we score Wilcox. Decent player and helps but is the type of player we have been avoiding. Jaric is a good fit, but I'd still have preferred Sarunas.

West Remy
07-23-2005, 03:49 AM
From the Insider's forum, here is one poster's opinion on this matter:

I saw Galleti's report and it was pure speculation based off the pure speculation in the LA Times and Orange County Register. I probably wouldnt even categorize it as a rumor.

People just assume that Gooden will be traded for any ol' piece part the Cavaliers need. But, when you sit down and look at it Gooden for Jaric makes no sense.

Why should the Cavaliers trade a 23 year old PF coming off a career 14-9 year for a 10-6 PG that wasnt going to start for the Clippers? As far as Jaric goes how in heck did his market value get up to starting at 5M?

Did I miss something?

If Ferry trades Gooden so they can overpay Jaric it will be first dumb Paxson-esque move of his tenure. It will be shades of Derek Anderson for Lamond Murray (7yrs 28M when the most Murray was offered was 2yrs 4M by the Spurs).

TrueCavsFan23
07-23-2005, 04:27 AM
ok now i would be so damn pissed if we did it gooden for jaric straight up...now i dont know if i would be rly even that happy if it was jaric and wilcox...if jaric is too much and we can get damon or sarunas just do that.gooden showed what he can do on the boards and scoring...now give him his year with mike brown to learn D...dont give up on gooden please.

PIP
07-23-2005, 04:47 AM
the thing that scares me the most about this season is having

sarunas
"z"
drew

all out on the floor at the same time... especially that front line, they couldn't guard a snowman...

i think some are looking at 14-9 and want to keep that.. i just wish there was a stat to show how much drew gave up on the other end...

we need something on the inside that has a defensive mind set...

KI4MVP
07-23-2005, 08:22 AM
the thing that scares me the most about this season is having

sarunas
"z"
drew

all out on the floor at the same time... especially that front line, they couldn't guard a snowman...

i think some are looking at 14-9 and want to keep that.. i just wish there was a stat to show how much drew gave up on the other end...

we need something on the inside that has a defensive mind set...

There is - on a per 48 minute basis, Drew scored 22.4 ppg with an effective FG% of .494 and grabbed 14.3 rebounds - the opposing PF scored 18.5 ppg on .473 shooting and grabbbed 11.6 rebounds.

http://www.82games.com/04CLE10C.HTM

aaronr
07-23-2005, 08:49 AM
That's an interesting stat LJ4. Thanks. I was going to comment on all the Wilcox buzz. I don't see what Wilcox adds other than a Cav with a rap sheet. (Today's LA Times carries the story about his being arrested on a gun charge.) He hasn't shown diddly after several years in the NBA, and he's undersized as a back-up center. If we get forced into a Gooden for Jaric trade because we lost out on Sarunas, I'd rather not have Wilcox included.

cavs-hughes
07-23-2005, 08:52 AM
if jaric can stay healthy its a decent trade. but an article i read on this said we may have to throw in Sasha to make the deal work.

Like what I stated earlier, along with what a few others have mentioned, Wilcox would come here as a bad influence with a highly erratic game. Jaric is a decent fit, but care be a little care free. This trade is not smart at all particulary if it includes Pavlovic. Hopefully this is all innuendo.

RuanuLaw
07-23-2005, 09:15 AM
If it is Gooden AND PAV, I am going to smack somebody!

KI4MVP
07-23-2005, 09:30 AM
we have a trade exception - so salary wise, I don't think we have to include Pavlovic.

Troy Wingate
07-23-2005, 09:34 AM
We better bloody not include Pav. I want him in Cleveland. This kid has too much of a brightside to trade for Chris Wilcox.

Style
07-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I've been pimping Saras harder than anyone I know, but the Cavs could use Jaric. My fear is that we don't get Saras or Jaric and have to go with plan D, Steve Blake or worse! Utah can offer more coin, so at this point we're underdogs for Saras. Jaric is restricted, which could force a sign and trade. Once Saras signs with Utah, the Clips know we're desperate and could demand an unbalanced trade. You know, Gooden PLUS a Sasha or Luke. Hopefully Ferry's not dumb enough to do that, which means we're left with plan D.

Ever since the Jazz got in the running for Saras I've had a bad feeling that we're not going to get either of the two PGs we want. **sigh**

Our trade exception I believe is worth 2.5 million, i may be wrong. Plus we only need to be within a certain percentage as well. So yes it may just work without Sasha thrown in.

Ever since the Jazz got in the running for Saras I've had a bad feeling that we're not going to get either of the two PGs we want. **sigh**
If it comes to this, we then chase Earl Watson or Steve Blake and utilise the extra space we have left over for assistance up front. We do not need a star at the point, just players who can fit the role.

Style
07-23-2005, 09:42 AM
http://cavaliers.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=121

Nothing we haven't already been talking about, but I thought it should go in this thread.

RuanuLaw
07-23-2005, 09:44 AM

Dude, the Jazz are getting on my nerves now. First Loozer, now him, then every other player in the NBA. It seems like they are signing whoever they want, and it seems like they got no limitations. Can someone tell me how they got all this money and space to do all these signings (The previous years to)?

Troy Wingate
07-23-2005, 09:46 AM
^ Good point. Where did Utah get this money? Or are they offering the full MLE?

Utah needs to back-off so we can have Sarunas. You took Loozer, your not having Sarunas too!

Ruanu, the Jazz have the MLE to spend on Sarunas, which we may not quite be able to match since signing Marshall. Every team over the cap has this advantage over us now, if they have not already spent those dollars.

cdt
07-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Good thing we absolutely needed Donyell Marshall more then a PG[end sarcasm], we could have afforded AD or someone now the list is getting short...and we hear Steve Blake and people like that...

Style
07-23-2005, 09:52 AM
We do not need a star at the point, just players who can fit the role.Thank Ferry for doing such a bang up job so far. When Hughes was picked up, while I loved the signing to me it said we have to get a shooter at the point. Saras immediately rocketed to the top of my board. But with the addition of Donyell, that's not so much the case. You always want your point guard to be able to nail the wide open shot. That's a given. But now we don't have to have a dead eye gun slinging three point bomber at the point. If we can just get a good all around player, we should be ok.

Oh, and concerning the earlier question: can we get Saras AND Jaric? The only way that makes sense is if we get rid of Snow. We could sign Saras and then trade Snow and Gooden for Jaric and filler. Having Jaric and Saras is a VAST improvement over Snow and J-Mac. That I would love. But it's not going to happen. No one wants Snow with his contract.

cavs-hughes
07-23-2005, 09:52 AM
There WILL be another player added to this trade if it goes through. Even with the trade exception i dont believe we will be within the 25%.

I just hope this all just silly rumours being bandied about by bored reporters and that initial reports that Saruanus has agreed to a deal in Cleveland are true. All this specualtion does make us a little on edge, but I guess this is half the fun of being a fan. If we do miss the main point guards due to lack of cap space it would be the first cross against Ferry as a GM. Personally if we ended up with an Earl Watson, I would still consider it a solid move. I place him above Damon Stoudamire personally.

Style
07-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Good thing we absolutely needed Donyell Marshall more then a PG[end sarcasm]
I would prefer Gooden/AV at the 4 and Saras/Snow at the 1 to Marshall/AV at the 4 and Snow/Blake at the 1. That is annoying. I still think Marshall was a good signing, but it was a much better signing when we thought it was done with Saras already under wraps!

I would prefer Gooden/AV at the 4 and Saras/Snow at the 1 to Marshall/AV at the 4 and Snow/Blake at the 1. That is annoying. I still think Marshall was a good signing, but it was a much better signing when we thought it was done with Saras already under wraps!
Before you make those comments you need to lay down all the facts and realise Blake will come for less dollars which will also allow us to sign another decent free agent.

cdt
07-23-2005, 10:03 AM
yeah no sh*t, pf wasn't our main priority and if we were going to use the majority of our money on marshall we should have been sure Saras was ours..If we can't get him I either want 1 of the Damon's, Jaric is slow and always hurt and Wilcox is wielding guns and stuff..no need for them here.

With Dooling heading to Orlando, Miami will step up and resign Damon Jones in my opinion. Our other alternatives are to grab Jaric in an ugly sign and trade, sign the troubled Damon Stoudamire, then look at solid point guard Earl Watson, then if we really strike out Steve Blake. Watson to me is a good choice, and was a guy Fratello turned to down the stretch for Memphis over Williams.

cdt
07-23-2005, 10:09 AM
I'd prefer Damon Jones to all of the remaining, because we wouldn't lose Drew, Stoudemire is a bad character guy getting older and older, Watson isn't really on the same tier as the aforementioned, and Jones can shoot the 3 well too.

Style
07-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Before you make those comments you need to lay down all the facts and realise Blake will come for less dollars which will also allow us to sign another decent free agent.
You're right, these moves don't happen in a vacuum. Mainly I was just stating my agreement with CDT that upgrading our starting point guard was more important than upgrading our powerforward.

And depth is important, certainly, but I'd rather have an exceptional 7 or 8 man rotation than a good 10 man rotation. Just my preference.

I just dont see Damon Jones leaving Miami. You not only leaving Shaq and Wade but also the best climate in the country. Would the small amount more he would receive in Cleveland be worth it? Not really. As for Watson he is step ahead of all the point guards defensively, and is puts up solid numbers in limited minutes. Jones is the better fit as a shooter, but that isn't all we need from our point guard. Jones is not a great playmaker which is still a needed skillset despite our additions.

cdt
07-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Don't get me wrong I like the Marshall signing but I beleive spending 5.25 a year to add depth when you have an undeniable need is stupid. Could we survive with Goods and Varejao? Yes!. Can we survive with Eric Snow and a summer league player? No! It will be our achilles heel all season, why not go over the cap to make sure we get the guy we need (Sarunas) and then we could use the CBA on Newble to free minutes for Luke Sasha and saving money at the same time. Just my take.

It will not be Snow and summer league player period. We will get a point guard in free agency whether it is Sarunas, Jaric, Stoudamire, Jones, Watson, Blake, etc. We are all jumping to conclusions here. None of this news has been confirmed or reported on any reliable sources.

Style
07-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Jones is the better fit as a shooter, but that isn't all we need from our point guard. Jones is not a great playmaker which is still a needed skillset despite our additions.

Earl Watson on hoopshype: http://hoopshype.com/players/earl_watson.htm
"Lacks playmaking skills other point guards have."

The youth, speed, and defense, however, is quite nice with Watson. Signing Earl is preferrable to a bad sign and trade for Jaric.

Back to the sign and trades, what if it were Zeljko Rebraca instead of Wilcox? That'd give us a true center for our second string, without adding a convict. Course, ZR is an FA, so we could just sign him out right...

Style
07-23-2005, 10:24 AM
then we could use the CBA on Newble to free minutes for Luke Sasha and saving money at the same time.
The CBA is to relieve the luxury tax, not free up cap space. We're not eligible. If it was for cap you can be sure that Newble and Snow would both get the ax!

cdt
07-23-2005, 10:25 AM
In a sign and trade the trade can only involve 1 player being signed and traded. So that wouldn't work, Gooden Sasha 2nd Rounder for Livingston Mr. Sterling?

The fact Watson dishes out close to 5 assists in 20 minutes a game shows some playmaking skills. Add to that he plays defense and can push the ball shows me that he will be a solid fit.

As for Rebraca, i am not a fan. Maybe as a 5th option big man yes, but defensively he is attrocious. It would be good to get that legitimate center you speak of but Rebraca may not quite be the man.

cdt
07-23-2005, 10:26 AM
I'll take Hunter instead of Rebraca anyday..I'd like to try to nab Theo Ratliff he is a defensive monster.

Style
07-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up on Rebraca. I don't catch many Clipper games...

Here's a question. Why not backload or middle load the contract to Saras to match what the Jazz are offering? We're already going to be over the cap next year anyway, right? Why not give Saras 3 years 15 mil at 2/10/3? We still have the MLE next year, and we get our guy! Is there any reason not to do this, other than the luxury tax (which shouldn't be a reason if Gilbert really wants to be Cuban-esque)?

I am not sure under CBA rules that you can choose whatever way you wish to load the contract. Otherwise deals would be done like this very very often.

WildThing
07-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Some of your guys REALLY like Sarunas. I know he's a good player, and I've seen the video of him. But, isn't his assist to turnover ratio REALLY bad? Even if it isn't I don't want to take a risk on a guy who is almost 30..

RuanuLaw
07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
You know what?

BLAME CANADA!!!

ColumbusCavsFan5
07-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Ughhh... Don't you think we could've gotten more for Gooden AND Pavs, if he is infact involved? It is a decent trade for us, but I'm kinda hoping it doesn't go through. I like Jaric but he is injury prone, and Wilcox is in trouble, and nothing against him, but that probably isn't the best thing for the team, the negative media that will come from that story. I guess I'm still just holding out hope that we might still sign Saras. Not really even because I think he is that much better of a PG then Jaric is, but just because we can get him for pretty cheap, and not have to trade away Pavalovic, and Gooden, 2 players that I think have a good future in the NBA. As far as Jaric vs Saras goes, I think Saras will turn out to be a little better, but not by much, plus Jaric is more versital with his 6'7 height. I don't know, I guess I wouldn't be too mad if this trade goes down, but the more and more I think about it, I hope it doesn't...

Ronnie Artest
07-23-2005, 12:44 PM
If I were you guys I wouldn't be too torn up until it came out from another source. Gooden and Pavlovic for Jaric and Wilcox is a deal that some clown like Chad Ford or Mark Stein would be all over.

As for Jaric I've never really liked his game but I think that he can help you guys, this probably means your going to keep Snow and let LB handle the ball more often. (Thats my captain obvious statement for the day :) )

I respect Pavlovic's game, he is like our Jeff Foster, they guy that does the dirty work and asks for no credit in return. I would not be to excited to see someone like that go but there must be a reason for a trade like this?

aaronr
07-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Ronnie Artest's reminds me that I'd like Jeff Foster as Z's back-up. I haven't got the slightest idea what he makes, but I'd do Sasha for him since we're redundant with him, Luke and Ira. On the Gooden to Clippers and goodbye to Sarunas wailing, let's just all cool down and see if there is any truth. I may be wrong, but I think Ferry had enough ammo left over after signing Marshall to get Sarunas, and I think Sarunas has plenty of reasons to sign with the Cavs. Maybe I'm guilty of wishful thinking, but I want Sarunas at the point instead of Jaric. And I want to keep Gooden. If those two things come about, and we could add Foster to back up Z, then I'd be happy as a clam

James/Marshall/Newble/
Gooden/Marshall/Varejao
Z/Foster/Varejao
Sarunas/Snow/Hughes
Hughes/Jackson/Newble

PIP
07-23-2005, 01:13 PM
how about we lay off the panic button.................... everthing will work out..

Glen Infante
07-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Drew/Sasha has way more potential and stability than Wilcox/Jaric. I would be very disspointed if Drew and Sasha are Clippers come Monday.

ColumbusCavsFan5
07-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Drew/Sasha has way more potential and stability than Wilcox/Jaric. I would be very disspointed if Drew and Sasha are Clippers come Monday.

I agree completely. Hopefully it will end up just being Gooden for Wilcox and Jaric, no Sasha or other player involved. I mean I don't want to give up Drew, but I couldn't pass up that trade.

West Remy
07-23-2005, 04:09 PM
The moderator at the Insider Forum said Cleveland is not interested in trading Gooden for Jaric. On the flipside, he also said Cleveland might be more interested in Jaric than Sarunas because of the financial hardball Sarunas has been playing. I'm not sure what his sources are but they're a solid site that's usually on the ball.

The Oi
07-23-2005, 04:43 PM
I respect Pavlovic's game, he is like our Jeff Foster, they guy that does the dirty work and asks for no credit in return. I would not be to excited to see someone like that go but there must be a reason for a trade like this?

Thats not really Sasha's role on our team. You may be thinking fo someone else... Varejao maybe?

NarlCavs
07-23-2005, 05:49 PM
This is nothing more than speculation based on totally unsubstantiated rumor. Let's not get too excited about what a 2nd rate hack like Chuck Galeti who works on a joke of a "newscast" reports.

The Cavs do have interest in Jaric. The trade speculation about Gooden has mentioned by reporters who think that Gooden could possibly be moved because of the signing of Marshall. This isn't a real actual rumor as of now.

With the Sarunas signing starting to look questionable than Jaric is the best option out there. A move would have to be made to clear more cap room for him and a sign and trade is a strong possibility. It doesn't have to involve Gooden though. Watson and Stoudamire would be the next best options in my opinion.

Wine and Gold
07-23-2005, 05:54 PM
I love that 82 game website that breaks down how a player does in the time a player is on the court. Very interesting that in his time on the court this season, Lebron James only outscored his opponent by just 2pts. per game on average. Kinda cuts into the belief that he carries us on the court ....given all the minutes he plays. If he's scoring 23 a night, he's giving up 21 ...anyway, I love that site,,,,I'll be referring to it quite often I'm sure.

cdt
07-23-2005, 06:01 PM
I'll take Watson over Jaric not as injury prone, and like Karma mentioed 5 dimes per 20 is about hmmm lets see about 12 assists per game and that was playing with bench players like Swift Cardinal Dahntay Jones and stuff with Lebron Z hughes and marshall out there he could easily get 15 and be counted on to be sort of a younger eric snow, defensive but who can run an offense...

Wishlist..
1. Sarunas
2. Damon Jones
3. Earl Watson
4. Damon Stoudemire
5. Steve Blake/Milt Palacio..

Ben
07-23-2005, 06:15 PM
I love that 82 game website that breaks down how a player does in the time a player is on the court. Very interesting that in his time on the court this season, Lebron James only outscored his opponent by just 2pts. per game on average. Kinda cuts into the belief that he carries us on the court ....given all the minutes he plays. If he's scoring 23 a night, he's giving up 21 ...anyway, I love that site,,,,I'll be referring to it quite often I'm sure.

If your going to refer to it, you need to learn how to use those stats properly.

The teams +/- when James is on the court is +2.3 points. That means they (the cavs as a team) score 2.1 points more then their oppenents when James is on the floor. That doesn't mean the guy James is guarding scores only 2 points less then James himself.

James infact scores 9 points more then his opponent per48 and when he is sitting on the bench the Cavs as a team get outscored by over 7 points per48.

TrueCavsFan23
07-23-2005, 06:25 PM
i bet bron and hughes will push eachother in a very competitive way to lead the league in steals which may help us.unless they excessively jump the passing lanes over and over and get burned.bron is a better person to jump the passing lanes while hughes can guard u straight up and rip u...nice combo there.

Aaronr, i like your thoughts about Foster. He would be great to attain, but Indiana are unlikely to let him to go, especially with Harrison yet to assert himself.

Cavs1
07-23-2005, 07:54 PM
I'd rather this trade rumor isn't true. Trust me, I'm not that huge of a Gooden fan, but I think we should just keep Gooden and get Sarunas or another PG like Watson, Stoudamire, and Dickau still hasn't signed with anyone has he?

QCCav
07-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Can anyone here confirm the rumor of this trade? I have read all sorts of speculations including reports that this is a trade of Matynas A., Gooden and Pavlovic for Jaric, Wilcox and a 2nd rounder. If this is true then the team just took a huge step backwards so I can't really believe Ferry would be crazy enough to do it.

Edwin

Ben
07-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't check my email.....here you go.

The current Gooden trade rumor out there is flat
untrue.

Take care,
Brian (Windhorst)

Troy Wingate
07-24-2005, 07:34 AM

untrue.

Take care,
Brian (Windhorst)

Didn't think Danny was that dumb. That sought of trade is what you'd expect from Jim Paxson

cavs-hughes
07-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Didn't think Danny was that dumb. That sought of trade is what you'd expect from Jim Paxson
yes i agree..i posted this was false last night..

Dungong
07-24-2005, 09:37 AM

untrue.

Take care,
Brian (Windhorst)

Ah, it must have appeared in a Peter Vescey article

Mac
07-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Brian isnt the most connected guy in the world either..

Im pretty sure he said we werent even talking to Marshall and we signed him a couple days later.

Truth is, nobody knows but the Cavs FO.

E-Light
07-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Aaronr, i like your thoughts about Foster. He would be great to attain, but Indiana are unlikely to let him to go, especially with Harrison yet to assert himself.

I think this is where you're wrong to assume. Harrison definately has the size, and the talent. He did well in summer league. Don't be surprised if they commit to him as their center this year rather than next.

Now, i'm not saying they'd release jeff foster if harrison started, but you never know. You gotta keep up that wishful thinking. :chuckles:

TruBuckeye22
07-24-2005, 01:56 PM
well i don't get how people think that Gooden has more upside then Wilcox. yes Wilcox has been trouble off the floor but on the floor i still clearly remeber him kicking Gooden's ass in that national championship game a couple years back. the talent is there for Wilcox but i wonder about the rest.

E-Light
07-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Wilcox overpowered gooden, not out played him.

Pioneer10
07-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I watched that game and Wilcox outplayed him becuase he overpowered him. Gooden gets pushed around in the post which is my biggest problem with him. Against guys like Brand he simply gets abused.

I guess I'm the minority on this board who think Wilcox should be attemted to get on the Cavs. He's been stuck behind Brand a lot like JO was stuck behind Wallace in Portland. When he's had the chance he's produced: he still raw but IMO he has a lot more potential then Gooden

CleveRocks
07-24-2005, 11:23 PM

Um ... Yeah, I think that is the point of getting Wilcox. Gooden gets out powered in the post a lot. If Gooden did not get out powered in the post nobody would be talking about trading him..

cdt
07-24-2005, 11:26 PM
This is only looking at it from 1 side though. Yeah he gets bounced around a lot on the defensive end but he disects them on the offensive end he gets away from them can hit a jumper pretty well and is always flying around. He does have his faults but the only reason he is being shopped so hard is because he isn't as good as Z Bron Larry and stuff, if we come in with a stiff for a pg like Blake or Dickau he won't look as bad.

d3
07-24-2005, 11:31 PM
^Whats ur point... we need a defensive PF. not an offensive one

E-Light
07-25-2005, 01:27 AM
Um ... Yeah, I think that is the point of getting Wilcox. Gooden gets out powered in the post a lot. If Gooden did not get out powered in the post nobody would be talking about trading him..

We want to move gooden for a defensive power forward. Wilcox is not a good defender even with his physiche. He has no basketball I.Q. what he is is a cabable scorer down low.

Style
07-25-2005, 10:25 AM
We want to move gooden for a defensive power forward. Wilcox is not a good defender even with his physiche. He has no basketball I.Q. what he is is a cabable scorer down low.Part of the reason to move Gooden is to get AV some minutes. I don't see us moving Gooden for another PF unless Ferry thinks AV can backup Z.

Getting a better fit at the 4 (a more defensive/rebounding minded player) is number three on our list of priorities right now, behind getting a starting PG and a backup C. Ferry will look first to move Gooden to take care of our PG situation. Either in a direct trade for a PG, or in a move to create cap space to sign a PG.

James
07-25-2005, 12:36 PM
If we get Wilcox out of this thatd be great, but although Drew is inconsistant, he does average pretty good numbers compared to Wilcox and Jaric.