PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report

Ben
11-06-2007, 05:58 AM
Larry Hughes - Did not practice on Monday and is questionable for tonights game against the Warriors. Hughes suffered a lower leg contusion against the Suns. Hughes said if the game was on Monday he could not play.

Donyell Marshall - Is currently wearing a splint to immobilize his wrist. The Cavaliers are calling it a sprain and saying he will miss most of the west coast trip. However Marshall is hinting that its something more serious stating that his wrist snaps and pops every time he tries to shoot.

Eric Snow - Bob Finnan believes he is on schedule to return in two weeks time however other writers don't think thats the case. The team is making it hard for writers to talk to Snow throwing up red flags for some.

Cedric Simmons - Is ready to play after re-injuring his ankle earlier in the year.

lebron_MVP
11-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Larry Hughes hurt? Imagine that!

ChicagoCavFan
11-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Didn't Larry have a leg contusion last year as well?

Donyell claiming his wrist pops whenever he shoots? No wonder. :rolleyes:

osiris
11-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Do you have a link on Cedric Simmons?

So if he doesn't play from here on out we can assume it's because coach doesn't think he can contribute?

With Yell out it would seem to me that if Simmons is healthy he's got to play at least some minutes. He's only 6'8", it's not like he shouldn't play just because the Warriors might go small.

Glen Infante
11-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Larry's problems doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure there will be more missed games during the course of the season. Starts off with the lower leg, then his ankles, then his hand is going to start hurting again when the weather changes.

B Mac
11-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Mr. Glass strikes again.

I guess I got my wish.

Erbium
11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
^Or, if any of the hearsay is true, maybe he doesn't feel likes it worth it to play w/ even minor pain when he knows he can't do anything right in the Cavs fans/ organization eyes. I trust the man's heart, he has gone through a lot, but everyone has their limit. He seems sensitive, and I wouldn't put it past others in his same situation to quit on his team, or hope they do worse w/o him kind of thing.

This could be totally unsubstantiated, but there aren't alot of positive remarks coming out about the Cavs locker room dynamic right now. Alot of "unhappy Larry" things have been written. Smoke=Fire.

kblade
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
hopefully shannon gets some PT with mr glass on the bench. If we are to trade him we need to show the scouts what he is gonna be about. Man i would love to keep him. I really dont want to see him go for nothing. Im sick of waisting our 1st round picks. I think we should bench larry hughes and let shannon start. He would progress rapidly and be better than larry by the all star break. The kid isnt afraid to go strong to the hole and he can hit jumpers, unlike mr glass.

hartwill
11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Larry Hughes is just a fragile player, pure and simple. I can't imagine, given his history, that he will ever have an injury-free season for the Cavs as he gets older and the likelihood of injury increases.

In hindsight, Raja Bell would have been the better free agent signing the summer we inked Larry. He would have been cheaper and a better fit with LeBron because he is a much more reliable perimeter shooter. He also a very good defender who is not nearly as injury prone. Oh, well...can't live in the past. The Cavs have to find a way to maximize Larry's contributions to the team. Otherwise, the Cavs are spending a lot of money for precious little in return.

(I don't believe Ray Allen and Michael Redd were never serious about coming to Cleveland. They just used the Cavs to get better deals from their respective clubs).

Larry has simply got to shoot the ball better, exercise better shot selection and share the ball more. The Cavs have a remarkable winning percentage when he garners 5 or more assists. Larry's most recent remarks indicate he is not happy at the point and that he'd rather play the 2. I am concerned about those remarks because if he doesn't buy into his role he is going to be less effective.

The team obviously needs accelerated development from Daniel Gibson who, at this point, doesn't seem to be ready to be a full-time floor general and distributor. Hopefully, as the season progresses, the Cavaliers can strike a balance with Larry, Daniel, Sasha and whoever else is going to be in the mix in the backcourt.

Does this uncertainty at the point guard spot mean the death knell for the Cavaliers? Probably not. The team did get to the NBA Finals with the same uncertainty at the position last season. However, the goal is to improve and I'm not sure the team can do that without getting itself settled at the point guard position.

Finally, as we all know, the team needs to figure out what to do about our "big man" crisis. Will we be getting Varejao back on a one-year deal? If we do, what kind of shape will he be in? What will his attitude be like? Will the Cavs opt for pursuing Dale Davis or P.J. Brown (who has been stringing several clubs along) in lieu of bringing Andy back? Can Dwayne Jones continue to improve and and be a solid rotation player? Can Cedric Simmons contribute? Is he recovered from his ankle injury? How serious is Donyell Marshall's wrist injury and does he have anything left in the tank? Is Mike Brown serious about giving 6'7" Ira Newble more minutes at power foward?

Lots of questions, I know. At this point, however, not too many answers.

Jon
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Raja was a midnight signing. As long as Redd and Allen were dangling out there, we wouldn't have been able to move fast enough to lock down Bell.

Plus I'd be leery of anyone who prospers in Phoenix, just like we should have been more leery of Hughes's success and injury history in Washington.

On the bright side, consider if Hughes had re-signed with the Wiz, we might have ended up overpaying Bobby Simmons.

Also worth considering is that Mike Redd, Ray Allen, and Joe Johnson all missed a ton of games last season due to injury. Of course they produced a lot more than Larry when healthy, but it's worth considering whether 28-31 year old free-agents are a very good value.

The George
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey Donyell!!!

thats not your wrist making a noise after you shoot...

Its the Ball CLANKING off the rim after you miss it

Pioneer10
11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Larry couldn't even show enough consideration to at least wait and get hurt after Sasha got his rust off :(

Doctor K
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Larry's hurt ??

Translation:

Larry might not play :pray:

Translation:

Bobbie might get some opportunities and Nichols might play ??

:woot: :spin:

Ben
11-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I just heard that Cavaliers management has banned Larry Hughes from Taco Bell. They are afraid if he breaks wind he might tear a ligament.

Doctor K
11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I just heard that Cavaliers management has banned Larry Hughes from Taco Bell. They are afraid if he breaks wind he might tear a ligament.Ben will be here all week Ladies & Gentlemen...

Try the veal...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jrIrjVP_2o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jrIrjVP_2o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Brizzle
11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Injury update: Larry Hughes is not expected to play tonight due to his left lower leg contusion. Hughes suffered the injury Sunday against the Phoenix Suns. He did not practice on Monday and did not participate in shootaround at the University of San Francisco this morning. Coach Mike Brown said Sasha Pavlovic, Damon Jones or Devin Brown will start in his place.

I don't think MB could have narrowed the choices down any more.

LBJHeath
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Larry Hughes hurt? Imagine that!

I wonder if Larry is a bit of a hypochondriac???

Nicky
11-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Am I surprised, No. He's probably getting another tattoo done.

Joe Henderson
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't think MB could have narrowed the choices down any more.

:D
well, at least we know Newble or Brown won't be starting. and you know, there used to be a time...

Maximus
11-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I was just told it's Sasha starting tonight.

DeeThree
11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hughes not playing helps the team. We should be glad.

Jon
11-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Gibson still hasn't figured out how to defend a pick and roll or initiate the offense, and Sasha has months of rust to shake off ... I'm not glad ...

The George
11-06-2007, 09:14 PM
I seriously want to dump Hughes for nothing at this point..

I am so tired of him sucking the life out of us...I would trade him for trash if I could...Id bet Wash would be willing to take his ass back so lets just do it

I was de-modded today...sad day when my real life has interfered with my time on this site....i just dont have the time like i used too...growing up sux

NarlCavs
11-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I hope the Cavs coaching staff will be working extra hard to get Simmons and Nichols ready to play sometime soon. Some of the Cavs vets just don't seem they can be counted on regularly. Get the young guys ready to contribute.

Guess LeBron's minutes won't be reduced anytime soon now with Hughes out.

The George
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
but hey we still have Ira Newble

right???