• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The worst team in the league

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst team in the league? Our 3's are Jawad Williams and Jamario Moon. We will be fine.

Last season as in 09-10?!? WOW, I remember pretty much every game going down to the wire last season.

I know...i remember the cavs barely winning like 60-70 percent of their games last year (meaning playing close and then pulling out the win in the fourth quarter)...even if that stat is true, it doesn't tell the whole story.

you can have a high point differential by blowing out a few teams and playing close games against the rest. the cavs may have blown out the bad teams, but against mid-range and good teams the cavs struggled....i'm not revising history...others are remembering it wrong.

anyway...my point is that most of the players on this team need to be set up in order to score....they are catch and shoot players...but now there's no one to set them up. these guys are being expected to move the ball and dribble, but they're only capable of "catching and shooting."

the cavs may have blown out the bad teams, but against mid-range and good teams the cavs struggled....i'm not revising history...others are remembering it wrong.

The quality of the opposition didn't matter from what I remember. EVERY team played Cleveland close last season.

The team that did win 7 games is still on the roster. The team that DID beat Boston is still on the roster. The team that has played real well at the start of the season is still on the roster. This isn't a case of really bad players, but a case of really average players who USE TO play as a real team and USE TO play REAL HARD, suddenly NOT caring at all. This current team has indeed quit.

Like I have asked prior, when does this become a coaching problem? It's definitely a defeatist and attitude problem so how much can this new team's problems be attributed to coaching?

Last season as in 09-10?!? WOW, I remember pretty much every game going down to the wire last season.

32 of the team's 61 wins last season were by double digits.

13 of the remaining 29 came by at least 7 points.

That means the Cavs only had 16 wins decided by 6 or fewer points.

Maybe they weren't blowouts in the sense that the team was up 20+ the whole game, but it's not like every game was coming down to the last shot.

32 of the team's 61 wins last season were by double digits.

13 of the remaining 29 came by at least 7 points.

That means the Cavs only had 16 wins decided by 6 or fewer points.

Maybe they weren't blowouts in the sense that the team was up 20+ the whole game, but it's not like every game was coming down to the last shot.

thank you...winning by 7 or even 10 is not a blowout...in fact winning by 7 points is a close game.

Hate to say I told you so....but I did.

Over the course of an 82-game season, talent wins out. Not heart or anger or determination to prove LeBron and the media "wrong". It's a LONG season and when you have the talent level this team does, you are going to struggle.

Does NBA "expert" Terry Pluto think this team is still going to the "PLAYOFFS"...?!?!?

That's what I want to know...

All I know is my 26-win prediction is looking pretty nice right now. Actually, I'm a little worried the Cavs might not even make it to 26 wins. Some of you called me "crazy" when I said the Cavs were the 3rd worst team in the East. Although I thought it would be NJ and Toronto worse than the Cavs....and the Raps have been a little better than I thought.

The bottomline is that this team needs to be blown up.

1. For the most part no one wants any of the players on this team. By this I mean no one is willing to trade a quality player for nearly every player on the Cavs roster. That tells you something- the talent is bad.

2. Forget the margins of the past, this team is losing like crazy this season without Lebron. The talent on this team simply is not good. Lebron made this team a winner.

You go ask GMs what they would trade for Jamison, Mo Williams, Varejao, Hickson, Parker, Moon etc and the players they will offer will not be impressive, even in a hypothetical world without salaries.

Where would you rank each player on this team at their respective positions?

Do that and compare it to good/decent teams and you will see a HUGE difference. No one can deny this.

The team that did win 7 games is still on the roster.

6 of those 7 wins came against teams with an average win % of .327. Average margin of victory 5 ppg. These games were all won in the last minute.

The team that DID beat Boston is still on the roster.

Come on. That was a season opener at home with Boston on a B2B. It was a scheduling gift.

Nothing's really changed compared to the start of the season besides effort. If they start playing hard, then they can still beat BAD teams at home and squeeze out a 25-30 win season.

The team that did win 7 games is still on the roster. The team that DID beat Boston is still on the roster. The team that has played real well at the start of the season is still on the roster. This isn't a case of really bad players, but a case of really average players who USE TO play as a real team and USE TO play REAL HARD, suddenly NOT caring at all. This current team has indeed quit.

Like I have asked prior, when does this become a coaching problem? It's definitely a defeatist and attitude problem so how much can this new team's problems be attributed to coaching?

yeah, but did they really play well at the start of the season, or was it more that the other teams just hadn't gotten themselves together yet because it was early in the season. i think reason the cavs won some games early is because: for one, they were playing all bad teams (other than boston), and teams hadn't yet "figured out the cavs." now that teams know how to stop the cavs, they're just repeating the same strategy (sag off and clog the paint on defense...and attack the paint on offense since the cavs have no inside shot blockers).

As TCF put it, apparently "There is no TEAM in the word TEAM". Whatever. If they don't care, I won't either. I mean, I'm obviously gonna root for them and will go to a game from time to time (free, of course), but I'm not going to get all emo if this team loses. What's the point?

I'll start really paying attention when Scott finally concedes and he starts playing the youngins

The bottomline is that this team needs to be blown up.

1. For the most part no one wants any of the players on this team. By this I mean no one is willing to trade a quality player for nearly every player on the Cavs roster. That tells you something- the talent is bad.

2. Forget the margins of the past, this team is losing like crazy this season without Lebron. The talent on this team simply is not good. Lebron made this team a winner.

You go ask GMs what they would trade for Jamison, Mo Williams, Varejao, Hickson, Parker, Moon etc and the players they will offer will not be impressive, even in a hypothetical world without salaries.

Where would you rank each player on this team at their respective positions?

Do that and compare it to good/decent teams and you will see a HUGE difference. No one can deny this.

spot on, my friend.

if you looked at every cavs starter and ranked them against other players at their position around the league..the cavs starters would rank at the bottom at every position -

even Mo would probably be one of the lowest ranked point guards because there is a freakishly large number of great point guards in the NBA right now.

Parker is by far the worst starting SG in the league...no one can deny that.

Graham is probably the worst starting SF in the NBA

JJ is definitely at the bottom of starting PF's

Andy is definitely at the bottom of starting C's (especially since he's really a PF and he's not meant to be a starter).

so there you go...the lack of talent can't be denied.

Things could not be going better IMO. Even in a crappy draft, the #1-#3 picks can net you a player to build with. This team needs talent and the draft is the only way to get it when you're Cleveland.

Lets break it down the Cavaliers finally face the dick that left in July. They stop and stare at the guy and before you know it dickhead is laughing his ass off with a blowout win. At that point they lost all hope in themselves, eventhough we haven't. They talk a good game but come back with another blow out loss not once but three more times. These guys could care less. Jamison must go, IMO he doesn't want to be here. In fact I don't think any of these guys want to be here. What team suck ass in 4 straight blowout losses if they want to be here and win. Blow it up Gilbert and Grant, it's over. Bye Jamison, Bye Parker, Bye Moon, Bye Jwad, give me some young guys that will atleast show some heart in these blow outs.

Things could not be going better IMO. Even in a crappy draft, the #1-#3 picks can net you a player to build with. This team needs talent and the draft is the only way to get it when you're Cleveland.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."