• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

the NBA is a joke - Dwight Howard wants to leave for New York or L.A.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gregdawg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArtxkW146MwsRyt5O.XrZiO8vLYF?slug=aw-arenasmagic020611
Howard has his eyes on Los Angeles and New York, sources close to him have insisted for months, and nothing short of championship basketball may be enough to compel him to re-sign with the Magic.

After hearing this news, I think I'm officially done with the NBA. Every good player wants to go leave their team for New York, L.A., or Miami. The NBA is bullshit. They only want certain markets to succeed and certain cities attract all the good players like flies to turd...meanwhile the other 25 cities are left trying to construct a roster out of sub par players. The NBA is a big market league and most teams in the NBA will never have a shot at a championship because the NBA won't let it happen. I'm done with this joke of a league. The same 5 teams keep winning championships year after year, while the NBA and David Stern sit in their offices and laugh at the gullible fans in cities like Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Indiana...the list goes on. The truth is, if you're not New York, L.A., Boston, or Miami...your team won't win a championship...David Stern will make sure of that. All this garbage about players getting to choose the teams they are traded to and free agents all going to the same teams...it's garbage. If the NBA is worried about losing money, they will be even more worried in a few years when no one watches the NBA anymore thanks to these scripted super teams getting everything they want. no one wants to watch the same 5 teams beat the crap out of everyone else because they have all the good players...if the NBA had any sense, they'd spread the talent around and make sure every team was competitive. More people would watch the games and go to the games if every game featured closely matched teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArtxkW146MwsRyt5O.XrZiO8vLYF?slug=aw-arenasmagic020611

After hearing this news, I think I'm officially done with the NBA. Every good player wants to go leave their team for New York, L.A., or Miami. The NBA is bullshit. They only want certain markets to succeed and certain cities attract all the good players like flies to turd...meanwhile the other 25 cities are left trying to construct a roster out of sub par players. The NBA is a big market league and most teams in the NBA will never have a shot at a championship because the NBA won't let it happen. I'm done with this joke of a league. The same 5 teams keep winning championships year after year, while the NBA and David Stern sit in their offices and laugh at the gullible fans in cities like Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Indiana...the list goes on. The truth is, if you're not New York, L.A., Boston, or Miami...your team won't win a championship...David Stern will make sure of that. All this garbage about players getting to choose the teams they are traded to and free agents all going to the same teams...it's garbage. If the NBA is worried about losing money, they will be even more worried in a few years when no one watches the NBA anymore thanks to these scripted super teams getting everything they want. no one wants to watch the same 5 teams beat the crap out of everyone else because they have all the good players...if the NBA had any sense, they'd spread the talent around and make sure every team was competitive. More people would watch the games and go to the games if every game featured closely matched teams.

Do you live in reality at all?

are you saying he should have given up on the NBA earlier? Im already bordering on it, hell i find myself more interested in the propsect/off topic threads than anything that has to do with the cavs anymore. I have watched maybe a total of 2 games this season, and i dont miss it.

the NBA is quickly approaching the MLB category for inepitude. hopefully the owners manage to get some sort of franchise tag in the negotiations this off season.

are you saying he should have given up on the NBA earlier? Im already bordering on it, hell i find myself more interested in the propsect/off topic threads than anything that has to do with the cavs anymore. I have watched maybe a total of 2 games this season, and i dont miss it.

the NBA is quickly approaching the MLB category for inepitude. hopefully the owners manage to get some sort of franchise tag in the negotiations this off season.

No, it's just that in general, I'm never sure what the hell game he's watching, what he reads, or anything else. I literally can't understand the majority of his posts as they're usually so far off base, I'm not sure whether it's he or I that is on the good drugs.

I apparently also forgot that San Antonio and Detroit won championships too.

No, it's just that in general, I'm never sure what the hell game he's watching, what he reads, or anything else. I literally can't understand the majority of his posts as they're usually so far off base, I'm not sure whether it's he or I that is on the good drugs.

no drugs here, buddy...just speaking the truth. if you want to bury your head in the sand and live in denial, be my guest.

There is no way the NBA is enjoying whats going on right now. You're reaction, gregdawg, is the reaction the NBA gets in most markets. The NBA built itself on superstars like Magic, Bird and MJ. Now a new bread of superstars are doing their best to tear it down. This recent player activity is not David Stern's plan but a terrible example of live by the sword die by the sword. The superstars who did the NBA so well over the past 25-30 years are starting to ruin things. Stern needs to correct this trend in the CBA negotiations because it's getting out of control. If Orlando, great weather, great city, no state income tax and an ownership committed to putting pieces around Howard can't keep him, there is no hope for the Clevelands, Detroits and Salt Lake Cities of the NBA.

No, you're overreacting because of the Decision. Players demanding trades and having their "foot out the door" have been around since Free Agency. Tim Duncan was all but headed to Chicago and Orlando.

For every "Dwight wants to be in NY/LA" comment, there's another young player like Durant that makes a commitment to a small market team. It happens year in and year out. I'm not sure what NBA he's been watching for the last 20 years if he hasn't seen this shit play out dozens of times already.

Let's be honest, who didn't see Dwight Howard wanting to go to LA in the future? He's only tried to be Shaq for years.

No, you're overreacting because of the Decision. Players demanding trades and having their "foot out the door" have been around since Free Agency. Tim Duncan was all but headed to Chicago and Orlando.

For every "Dwight wants to be in NY/LA" comment, there's another young player like Durant that makes a commitment to a small market team. It happens year in and year out. I'm not sure what NBA he's been watching for the last 20 years if he hasn't seen this shit play out dozens of times already.

Yeah, but Durant will eventually leave OKC just like Lebron left Cleveland. When Durant realizes that no free agents want to live in OKC, he will leave for a flashy city just like Lebron did.

I'm just saying - Do you really think a city like Milwaukee, Minnesota, or Indian will ever win a championship? no. Because free agents won't go there and the NBA won't allow those teams to keep their good players. and since players can now choose which teams they get traded to, these "undesirable" cities can't trade for star players either because said star players will just refuse the trade and demand to be traded to a "better" city. Also, Stern and the NBA want the big market teams to get to the finals so they can get better TV ratings..

Yeah, but Durant will eventually leave OKC just like Lebron left Cleveland. When Durant realizes that no free agents want to live in OKC, he will leave for a flashy city just like Lebron did.

Thank you Nostradamus.

Fuckin' Durant ruining CP3, Durant, Griffin, Howard combo.

I'm just saying - Do you really think a city like Milwaukee, Minnesota, or Indian will ever win a championship? no. Because free agents won't go there and the NBA won't allow those teams to keep their good players. Also, Stern and the NBA want the big market teams to get to the finals so they can get better TV ratings.

Yes, the NBA wants a league of 4 teams that makes no money. Yes, the NBA forces teams to trade away it's players, sign horridly bad contracts for shitty players, and forces teams to draft like shit year in and year out. Just get over it.

Small market teams will win NBA championships. However; like MLB, small market teams will have a harder time doing it and have a smaller window of opportunity than larger larger market teams.

To X's point, yes this stuff has alway happen but it's been primarily on 2nd and 3rd tier players. It's happened on the elite level guys but it's been spaced years apart. Within the last 12 months we've gotten this stuff from Lebron, Melo, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, and Amare Stoudamire. It's out of control now that Lebron did what he did and the risk is the flood gates are wide open.

What reality do YOU live in?

Well, yes, a small market team may luckily put together a team to win a championship every once in 25 years and that same team may contend for multiple championships.

BUTTTTTT, the NBA has turned in to championship, ring chasing premadonnas that want to go to big market cities to market their "brand".

The chances of more Tim Duncans coming into the league are slim to none since the league is letting in younger and younger uneducated selfish me-players. They may have to play on small market teams for more than a few years because they are drafted, but after that they bolt!

Cleveland can't even win with arguably one of the best players ever. Do you seriously think they can ever win?

I don't.

The NBA should be concerned about this recent string of players that only want to play in certain markets. It looks to be only getting worse with Melo, CP3, and now Howard all talking about wanting to play for NYC.

MLB has been ruined by no salary cap which has allowed the big markets to sign top free agents due to market share making it increasingly difficult for the smaller markets. I'm sure if the Indians had $250 million for payroll C.C. and Lee would still be on the team, but it seems to be purely a money thing in MLB. The growing concern with NBA is it seems to have very little to do with money, and more to do with attaching yourself to a big city with a strong nightlife and social scene.

Little the NBA can do if players are willing to take less money. This is why I think this upcoming CBA is very important for the smaller markets as it needs to be structured in a way to help level the playing field and limit the loopholes these cities are able to bring in players. Really make players choose between money and a preferred city. With sign and trades, MLE, TPE, and Bird rights the soft cap seems to provide little obstacles for bigger markets.

I know NFL is #1 in America, but I'm surprised the NBA CBA isn't getting more attention as I think it's more likely we won't have NBA next year then NFL. If the smaller market owners don't stop up and really push hard for a more balanced CBA I think the trend will continue and just like MLB there will be less and less parity.

The NFL proves parity is possible, as the only think stopping the Browns for competing is a solid front office; which I think they have now, and coach, the city of Cleveland is not part of the problem. Also I think baseball would be awesome with a hard cap, it would not only create instant parity, but make the minor leagues so much more important and exciting.

So he's going to leave Westbrook?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."