• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Favors and Harris to Utah for Deron Williams

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
No, he would leave Cleveland. NJ has a legitimate chance of keeping him.

This is a sick deal for NJ. First contribute to the Knicks overpaying for Melo....then nab a top 3 PG. Well played, Prok, well played.

I think the year he is a free agent is when the new arena opens in Brooklyn... There is a great chance he resigns and do the Nets now acquire his bird rights(assuming that doesn't change)?

These super-teams may be a good thing for us. We aren't likely to compete for another 4-5 years when most of these teams will be breaking up or getting older. In the meantime they'll be selling the farm to win RIGHT NOW (like we have been) and we should be able to get a lot of valuable assets.

Not to mention they'll be kicking the snot out of us every night so we are promised high lottery picks.

I think the year he is a free agent is when the new arena opens in Brooklyn... There is a great chance he resigns and do the Nets now acquire his bird rights(assuming that doesn't change)?
Yeah, the Nets will have his bird rights AND his overall contract might be cheaper depending on what the CBA does with max salaries.

If they don't make any significant signings in the meantime, they will also have the cap space to sign Howard in the 2012 off-season. I'm assuming that is their plan, but I guess they may "panic" and overspend this off-season in hopes of getting D-Will to extend early.

Great move for New Jersey but they still have a long way to go. Lopez has regressed a lot since his rookie season and I don't see any significant names on their roster after that. Still, this is definitely a step in the right direction...

I know Lopez has been shitty but would they really go out and sign Howard?

Prokorov did nothing here. "Well done, Russian" makes no sense and it's annoying me for some reason. :chuckles:

Well done Billy King.

I know Lopez has been shitty but would they really go out and sign Howard?
Shift Lopez to PF.

Howard is basically what Favors could be at his absolute ceiling (which he is obv unlikely to reach). Lopez and Favors were going to be a great front line going forward. So....yeah....imagine Lopez/Howard.

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Under current NBA rules, D-Will isn't eligible to sign an extension w/Nets until July 9. So this can NOT be an extend-and-trade like Melo
10 seconds ago

Well, if DWill doesn't extend with them the Russian won't be getting many compliments :chuckles:

Yeah, the Nets will have his bird rights AND his overall contract might be cheaper depending on what the CBA does with max salaries.

If they don't make any significant signings in the meantime, they will also have the cap space to sign Howard in the 2012 off-season. I'm assuming that is their plan, but I guess they may "panic" and overspend this off-season in hopes of getting D-Will to extend early.

bird's rights will be of no concern if there is a hard cap in place.

Deron Williams >>>>>>>>>>> Melo

lolknicks

Its official:

The Nets have acquired Deron Williams.

Devin Harris and Derrick Favors will be traded to the Jazz, along with two first round picks.

New Jersey will send Troy Murphy to Golden State, while the Warriors trade Dan Gadzuric to the Nets.

The Nets pursued Carmelo Anthony for months, but were ultimately unsuccessful as he preferred a trade to the Knicks. But the Nets were committed to acquiring a legitimate superstar and quickly were able to acquire Williams, who is eligible to be a free agent in 2012.

Williams is not eligible to sign an extension until July, pending the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211312/Nets_Trade_For_Deron_Williams#ixzz1EnjOEmi2

WTF? Utah fans have to be so pissed off. Lose Boozer. Lose Sloan. Lose D-Will. I can't believe this trade.

WHOA!
lawrence.jpg

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."