• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams and Thomas be allowed to play OSU football again?

• Yes

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters

Maximus

BANNED
Reaction score
Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams and Thomas's actions a year ago are what started this whole catastrophe. Do you think they deserve to ever play for OSU again? Personally, I'd tell them they can keep their scholarships and attend school, but they can no longer play. They would obviously be welcome to transfer. I would have to imagine most of their remaining teammates are going to be beyond pissed that those 5 players selfishness pretty much destroyed the Buckeye football program for everyone.

I also think by removing those 5 players you would also send a strong message to the NCAA and potentially lessen the upcoming penalties.

Discuss...

I think this forum is the only place I've seen people saying that Tressel resigning would help us with the NCAA. I have to say the same goes for not allowing these guys to play. The damage is done as far as I am concerned. As for the guys themselves ... fuck, I don't know. That's a tough question.

They were the ones who broke the rules originally and then Tressel covered it up (hence this whole thing)... the NCAA has technically given out what they deemed the correct punishment for all of those players.

The whole situation just stinks and now we lost our coach who had really done well for this program since taking over. Personally, I don't know if I want to see those guys in a jersey regardless of the NCAA already handing down punishment.

They can all transfer as far as I'm concerned. They helped ruin this program they can go. Its not like Pryor can lead us anywhere hes been way overhyped. Start from scratch.

Everyone deserves a second chance in my book.....they did the crime and they're doing the time with a 5 game suspension

Take what what people said the Dan Gilbert letter would do to free agents, multiply by 1000, and thats what would happen here if those players weren't allowed to play. Right now the negative pub OSU is getting is offset a little by, "Hey, at least they protect their players".

I think the players are smart enough to realize it was not these five players who got Tressel fired.

Let us not forget what they did: They traded stuff for tattoos. They did not injure, rape, or remotely hurt anyone, nor commit any local, state, or federal crime. They are being punished by the archaic NCAA for violating their bizarre rules that exist within a completely unreasonable logical framework.

When people look back on these events in 50 years or so, they won't be analyzing what these guys did, but how obscenely moronic the NCAA's regulations were at the time.

They can all transfer as far as I'm concerned. They helped ruin this program they can go. Its not like Pryor can lead us anywhere hes been way overhyped. Start from scratch.

Fuck the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl victories.

Good question, as some have stated above a tough call. I'm defering till the SI article comes out. If new allegations come out of those articles for any of those 5, then I would suspended them for the season.

Unreal I was so excited when we got Pryor, Brewster, Posey, and others in that class. I really thought it would put OSU over the top. I had no idea it would be the end of Tressel.

Let us not forget what they did: They traded stuff for tattoos. They did not injure, rape, or remotely hurt anyone, nor commit any local, state, or federal crime. They are being punished by the archaic NCAA for violating their bizarre rules that exist within a completely unreasonable logical framework.

When people look back on these events in 50 years or so, they won't be analyzing what these guys did, but how obscenely moronic the NCAA's regulations were at the time.

.... or maybe fans and others will look back and get more pissed off at those players than they are now or something? :dunno:

Get rid of the Fab Five. I don't want to see them on the OSU field again. Especially Pryor.

It just gets better and better...

The NCAA and the Ohio State University's compliance office are conducting an independent investigation of Terrelle Pryor amid allegations that the star quarterback may have received cars and other extra benefits, sources told The Dispatch today.

Pryor has been questioned by OSU compliance officials in the past, but sources said this is the most significant inquiry to date. He already has been interviewed at least once by investigators within the past few weeks, sources said.

Pryor and the cars he drives have been an issue since he arrived on campus three years ago. Pryor has been connected to more than a half dozen vehicles during his time at Ohio State, according to sources.

Ohio State spokesman Jim Lynch wouldn't confirm whether Pryor is being investigated.

"The university continues to work with the NCAA as they investigate matters involving our football program, and we will continue to do so until the conclusion of the investigation," Lynch said. "We are unable to comment on specific players' situations because of federal law."

The investigation of Pryor off the field is separate from Coach Jim Tressel's resignation, which was announced earlier today. Attempts to reach Pryor were unsuccessful.

OSU officials previously said that even before Pryor arrived on campus in 2008, the NCAA examined the ownership of his vehicle and how it was paid for.

Pryor came under scrutiny in December after OSU received a letter from the U.S. Department of Justice. It said that during a drug raid, it had recovered Buckeye memorabilia linked to the quarterback and other players.

In the ensuing 11 days, OSU confirmed that Pryor and five other current football players had sold or exchanged memorabilia for cash and tattoos.

On Dec. 23, OSU suspended Pryor, running back Daniel Herron, receiver DeVier Posey, lineman Solomon Thomas and tackle Mike Adams for five games this season. Linebacker Jordan Whiting was suspended for one game.

In January, The Dispatch reported that three times in the past three years, Pryor was stopped for traffic violations while driving cars that were owned by a car salesman or a Columbus used-car dealer for whom the salesman worked.

The salesman, Aaron Kniffin, told The Dispatch that while working at Maxton in 2008, he allowed Pryor to drive his SUV to his hometown in Pennsylvania so that his mother could check it out. Pryor did not buy the vehicle.

Kniffin also said he arranged for Pryor to use a 2009 Dodge while Pryor's car was being repaired at Auto Direct, a Columbus car dealership where Kniffin worked last fall.

About two dozen autographed jerseys hang inside Auto Direct's office, including Pryor's.

Pryor said at the time that he doesn't remember the circumstances of him signing his jersey that hangs in the dealership, but "I sign a lot of stuff for Buckeye fans - I don't like to turn down fans. But I don't do it to get any favors or discounts."

Kniffin also sold cars to Pryor's mother and brother as well as dozens of other Buckeye athletes or their family members.

The car dealer has said repeatedly that the vehicles sales with OSU athletes have been legitimate and he has not offered them special deals.

As part of its investigation of Tressel, the NCAA wants to know details about Pryor's relationship with Ted Sarniak, a 67-year-old businessman from Jeannette, Pa., the quarterback's hometown.

Doug Archie, OSU's director of compliance, said in March that Sarniak served as Pryor's contact person during Ohio State's recruiting efforts but is not considered a booster.

"Mr. Sarniak and Terrelle Pryor have been friends for a number of years, and their friendship dates back prior to Terrelle's enrollment at Ohio State," Archie said. "As the friendship developed, Mr. Sarniak is someone who Terrelle has reached out to for advice and guidance throughout his high-school and collegiate career."

Sarniak has attended virtually every game, home and away, since Pryor enrolled in 2008.

Sarniak exchanged emails with Tressel last spring when the coach was tipped off that Pryor and others were selling memorabilia.

OSU released two of those emails but refuses to release any others, citing the federal student privacy law, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

State courts in Arizona, Florida, Illinois and North Carolina each have ordered colleges in recent months to release documents that they had withheld after citing FERPA. In Arizona, a community college attempted to withhold emails among faculty members about a student.

"Court after court has said that not every cocktail napkin with a students' name on it is an education record," said Frank LoMonte, executive director of the Student Press Law Center. "An email between a coach and an outside third party doesn't qualify under FERPA."

In addition to the emails between Tressel and Sarniak, the university also has censored the Justice Department letter that details by name what memorabilia the players sold and what they received in return.

SOURCE

I hope Terrelle Pryor is never drafted into the NFL and his life turns to shambles. I am a 23 year old kid and I know how it is to go to OSU and not have money and struggle paying bills, I did it for 4 years. There are many players that probably did struggle and did have to sell things just to get along (not saying that it is okay), however I know for a fact that Pryor was geting paid on the side, not counting what he was bringing in from selling things. He was taking advantage of his situation and hope his football career turns to shit. He ruined this program and he needs to be made an example of. FUCK YOU TERRELLE.

Personally, I hope Pryor is never allowed to play again. I never liked him at all.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."