• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams and Thomas be allowed to play OSU football again?

• Yes

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
clevelanddotcom clevelanddotcom
by andy_baskin
Terrelle Pryor under investigation by the NCAA and Ohio State on allegations he received cars, other benefits: R... http://bit.ly/lEE4AM
5 minutes ago Favorit

Doesn't sound like he is going to play again... I admit I didn't think Pryor would take down Tressel and the entire OSU program... I was wrong, I hope he never plays again for OSU and is a NFL bust...

Let us not forget what they did: They traded stuff for tattoos. They did not injure, rape, or remotely hurt anyone, nor commit any local, state, or federal crime. They are being punished by the archaic NCAA for violating their bizarre rules that exist within a completely unreasonable logical framework.

When people look back on these events in 50 years or so, they won't be analyzing what these guys did, but how obscenely moronic the NCAA's regulations were at the time.

Everyone is pointing the finger at the wrong people. Had Tressel not covered up what happened, this whole thing would have been a minor blip on the radar. What the players did was a minor violation. I don't think people will look back at how moronic the regulations were. They will look back and wonder how moronic Tressel and co. were to think that they could cover all this up.

Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams and Thomas's actions a year ago are what started this whole catastrophe. Do you think they deserve to ever play for OSU again?
They would obviously be welcome to transfer. I would have to imagine most of their remaining teammates are going to be beyond pissed that those 5 players selfishness pretty much destroyed the Buckeye football program for everyone.

I also think by removing those 5 players you would also send a strong message to the NCAA and potentially lessen the upcoming penalties.

Discuss...

Why would they still be able to keep their scholarships? Isn't most of that from athletics? If they can't play, they shouldn't be able to keep their scholarships.

LanternSports Lantern Sports
by elevenwarriors
Pryor arrived in WHAC in Nissan 350z with temp tags from May 24. He waved to the cameras.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

elevenwarriors Eleven Warriors
Unreal. RT @AdamJardyBSB: #OhioState QB Terrelle Pryor just arrived at WHAC in car that looked new with temp tags.

I hate him...

Everyone is pointing the finger at the wrong people. Had Tressel not covered up what happened, this whole thing would have been a minor blip on the radar. What the players did was a minor violation. I don't think people will look back at how moronic the regulations were. They will look back and wonder how moronic Tressel and co. were to think that they could cover all this up.

But this is what happens when you have unrealistic rules that are out of touch with reality. Tressel could have ratted everyone out, but just like in normal society, you don't turn people in for breaking dumb laws or breaking trivial regulations. Do you turn in colleagues who don't follow every single rule or code of ethics? Do you rat out fellow citizens for every minor violation of legal code? For a variety of reasons - of course not.

Tressel wasn't going to turn them in because he either thought it was a seemingly small violation, he understood the importance of those players, he cares for his players and doesn't want to rat them, it happens all the time in the NCAA - the list goes on and on and on.

I'm just looking at the broader scheme of things and pointing out that the NCAA is a complete joke, and its beyond me why they even exist and how it is that no one of significance calls them out. Now that being said, Tressel should have understood the organization he's dealing with and recognized their idiocy. That was his fatal flaw.

Remember around this time a year ago when I saw Pryor was an overrated douche and everyone told me to leave these boards? :chuckles:

Remember around this time a year ago when I saw Pryor was an overrated douche and everyone told me to leave these boards? :chuckles:

You're right - he's an overrated douche. Now leave the boards.

Aaron Pryor is not the blame, Jim Tressel is not the blame, Ohio State failed both of these guys miserably.

Aaron Pryor is not the blame, Jim Tressel is not the blame, Ohio State failed both of these guys miserably.

Let's leave Aaron Pryor out of this....for now.

aaron-pryor.jpg

Not only do I not want to see these guys on the football field anymore, I also don't want this Gee character and this Smith moron leading THE Ohio State University anymore. Those two are an embarrassment with how they handled all the pressers and this entire issue. Can they be fired? Who fires them? Or maybe Tressel is the only one who could fire them? Maybe he can usher both out the door before he leaves as well or something?

Do I think these players deserve to where an Ohio State jersey after what has gone down? No. What I do think is that they should put that uniform on after their suspension and bust their ass to win every game possible. They should also keep their mouths shut and respect The Ohio State program. When the season is over I don't give one damn about a single 1 of these players. While it's hard to say what I would do in Tressels place, I can say most woul have done the same as Jim Tressel. He was protecting his players and was put in a hard place, humans error. As for the players, they are truely dumbasses. Any palyer should be proud of any awards and achievements, and should feel shamful for acting like fools.

610x.jpg

AP Photo7 hours ago
Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor arrives in this Nissan 350Z, center, to a players only meeting Monday, May 30, 2011, at the Woody Hayes Complex, in Columbus, Ohio.

Not only do I not want to see these guys on the football field anymore, I also don't want this Gee character and this Smith moron leading THE Ohio State University anymore. Those two are an embarrassment with how they handled all the pressers and this entire issue. Can they be fired? Who fires them? Or maybe Tressel is the only one who could fire them? Maybe he can usher both out the door before he leaves as well or something?

Gee and Smith are two of the best in the country at what they do. They tried to save Jim Tressel and failed. I don't think they need to be fired. I believe they do way more good than harm for us here at The Ohio State University.

I've been very confused about something for awhile now, and this new stuff with all these players saying they needed the money, etc is what is confusing to me.

I went 3 years of college. My parents sent me $10 a week for a little money in my pocket. I really didn't need it as I got breakfast, lunch and dinner given to me by the school as it was paid for with the tuition. What I don't get, and granted, back then one dollar went way further than it does now, but what exactly do these football players need this money for? For dates? For alcohol? For drugs? It can't be for food as that's paid for already. I'm very sure they also get 3 meals a day, right? So what is it they need the money for?

Further; I understand these players get a few bucks each time they go on the road for a game. I also understand it's actually quite substantial as to what they get. They can put away the left over money as I guess it's a few thousand PER GAME. Is this right? If so, PLEASE tell me why ALL these kids are saying they needed the money so that is why they sold their pants and rings, etc? Why?

I want to know in exact detail the reason a football player going to college with ALL 3 meals a day paid for needs to have all this money? I'm very serious about this as it's been bugging the shit out of me for a very long time.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."