• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

SI's story here it is...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Did anyone that follows college football think that only those 5 guys were getting tats? I can't believe that this is the big damning story out there. Kids smoking some weed? Oh my God!!!!

Tressel rigged a football camp raffle in the early 80's??? How did we not see the warning signs????

This stuff is so many notches beneath what USC did and what Auburn does it is not even funny.

Pryor can leave now, for all I care. He is a cancer.

After everything that has happened today, I actually feel a little better after reading that. SI made it seem like they had photos of Tressel and TP smoking weed together in TP's alumni bought Escalade while they sold memorbillia. This was nothing

Did Tressell really resign over this story?

No. A simple combination of everything adding up.

It sounds like OSU has no discipline nor monitoring whatsoever. It sounds like everyone and their grandpa, including ALL fans knew of this stuff from way back. Everyone knew except Tressel, Gee, and Smith.

Another tweet:

RandyLudlow‎ Summary of SI article: Lots of smoke, little proof, that lots of players sold memorabilia. Built on remarks from felon, anonymous sources.

Everything adding up?

WHAT THE FUCK ADDED UP?

Most of that was HERESAY!!

That article shows that Tressel is at fault for not reporting the first two guys he heard about to complience.

WHAT ELSE?

No. A simple combination of everything adding up.

It sounds like OSU has no discipline nor monitoring whatsoever. It sounds like everyone and their grandpa, including ALL fans knew of this stuff from way back. Everyone knew except Tressel, Gee, and Smith.

Of course everyone knew it was going on... I was basically implying SI is going to take credit for him resigning and the article is pile of shit. In 98 Sconnie Penn use to date a girl in my dorm and had a suburbun... Everyone knows the football and basketball players got free cars...

Re: The SI article is out

What this and similar articles all seem to have in common....

They start by talking about how Tressel was implicated in this situation, when he learned about the scenario through Cicero and he did not tell any of the compliance officers. A huge mistake no doubt, completely discounting the fact that there was an ongoing federal investigation that he would have had to deal with as well (nobody is completely sure what this effect actually is).

The articles then start to diverge into this downward slope of how many Buckeyes were getting hooked up at this place and what all THE PLAYERS did at this tattoo parlor and the others.

The extent of what these players did goes way beyond what Tressel knew about the situation, yet you would think by reading the article that JT was aware of all of this and let it slide.

Fact is he had learned about TWO players getting hooked up at this place, and did his own digging without letting it get to the compliance department.

While this was certainly a horrible move on this part, articles contain ZERO hard evidence to implicate him in ANYTHING beyond that mistake....

All they can say is..."Well if Tressel did this it's an NCAA violation"

Well yea, no shit. But until anyone sees some tangible proof of that, it's bunk IMO.

Through what this article has taught me, you would think the majority of the blame has to fall on the players for taking these extra benefits...moreso than Tressel hearing about two of them and trying to take it upon himself to fix, or not fix, these things are they were brought to his attention.

A really sad situation indeed, the darkest day in Ohio State history IMO.

I guess you overlooked stuff like this

According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

I always wondered why there wasn't more of an investigation into the Maurice Clarett situation. If I recall, he first claimed his stolen car had quite a bit of stuff in it, then changed his story to say he initially lied. I always figured somebody told him he couldn't actually tell people he had all of that stuff as having it was evidence of a clear rules violation that could cost ohio state the national championship they just won.

I'm curious what Ray Small has to say. I think he's more credible than a tattoo artists with a rep sheet as long as my friggin arm.

DanWetzel Dan Wetzel
SI article is more problematic for Gee, Smith than Tressel. That's why I think they suddenly stopped supporting him
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

You can bet they are gone... I just hope nothing comes out on OSU's basketball team...

Re: The SI article is out

A friend of my enemy is my enemy. Therefore pryor and tressel who are both friends of the queen are my enemies.

Well at least we know millions of buckeyes fans on campus can keep a secret for 10 years

Its funny to see which players are quoted in this mess. Ray Small? Robert Rose? Two idiots that couldnt get their shit together and spent some time in JT's doghouse. Shocking!

Im pretty sure we're gonna get a 2 year postseason ban with all this stuff coming out

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."