• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

King J

Bye Bye Z!!
Reaction score
Assuming we pick Kyrie & Kanter @ 1 & 4..Who would you like to see us pick next year?

There gonna be a surplus of wings that fit a need like Rivers,Beal,Miller,Gilchrist,Nash,Barnes,& Jones or Maybe a big like Mcadoo.

That guy that can jump really high.

You're kidding right? You must be one of those people who ask "What is Cedar Point going to build in 2012" in the year 2010.

You're kidding right? You must be one of those people who ask "What is Cedar Point going to build in 2012" in the year 2010.
Man,just answer the damn question...All that extra mess is unnecessary.

It's impossible to answer a question based on the future.

Assuming we pick Kyrie & Kanter @ 1 & 4..Who would you like to see us pick next year?

There gonna be a surplus of wings that fit a need like Rivers,Beal,Miller,Gilchrist,Nash,Barnes,& Jones or Maybe a big like Mcadoo.

OK, I'll bite. I've said this in other threads, but I would love to see the Cavs somehow grab another lotto pick (unlikely, I know) and get any 2 of these guys:

Harrison Barnes*
Michael Gilchrist*
Austin Rivers
Quincy Miller
Adonis Thomas
Terrence Jones

Barnes and Gilchrist are the top 2, for me.

It's impossible to answer a question based on the future.

double-face-palm.jpg

Simple question of who you would like to see the Cavs pick and who you think is great fit for the squad...

Ultimately, I think we will focus on a wing in '12, but the specifics depend on who is available with our pick, and how our current crop of young talent develops. What if Cleveland manages to get Williams and Irving, can Williams effectively play the 3? How much does Eyenga develop between now and then. If he puts in the work, does he challenge for the starting spot at the 2 or 3? Maybe Cleveland moves a combination of Jamison's expiring/Varejao/Hickson (if we land Williams and he cannot play the 3) for a young wing.

Ultimately, I think we will focus on a wing in '12, but the specifics depend on who is available with our pick, and how our current crop of young talent develops. What if Cleveland manages to get Williams and Irving, can Williams effectively play the 3? How much does Eyenga develop between now and then. If he puts in the work, does he challenge for the starting spot at the 2 or 3? Maybe Cleveland moves a combination of Jamison's expiring/Varejao/Hickson (if we land Williams and he cannot play the 3) for a young wing.
While i like Eyenga he's a bit overrated on this forum,I think he's a 10-12 ppg player that gives you great defense something like a Mickael Pietrus or Aaron Afflalo...I think we'll focus on top win next year....Outside of his attitude(even though I've heard he has matured) I really like LeBryan Nash as well as Michael Gilchrist

If the moon were made of barbeque spare ribs, would you eat it then?

Long way away. Right now most draft experts have Anthony Davis as the top prospect. PF going to Kentucky next year. Was a 6'3" PG his sophomore year with an offer from Cleveland State then grew to become a 6'10" PF. Averaged a ridiculous 32 ppg, 22 rpg, and 7 bpg as a senior though his team (outside of him) was not very good. Draws a lot of comparisons to Kevin Garnett and from every game I've seen with the top 2011 senior high school basketball players, he has been about the only guy to consistently dominate.

After him though, there really is all-star talent throughout the lottery. And as a bonus for the Cavs, it is known for it's great wing prospects, my favorite of whom thus far is Bradley Beal. A solid 6'5" pure shooting guard and one of the top scorers in this class. Deep range, team player, and great shooter. Scouting reports rave about his high basketball IQ as well. A backcourt of Irving and Beal would have us set for years IMO. I see him as a top 5 pick.

Kanter won't be there at 4. If we stay at 4 we will get a guy who will probably never start an NBA game.

A small forward with good size and athleticism that can score the ball. Haha, I don't know too much about all the players coming in next year. I do know, however, that 7 of the top 14 are SF's. Just looking at this year, I like Perry Jones and Harrison Barnes. If we draft Irving and Kanter, we'd have our frontcourt of Kanter/Hickson, a PG in Irving, and hopefully Eyenga can develop into a Afflalo type mold at SG. I think a guy like Barnes or Jones would be a great fit at SF. It really frustrates me that these guys decided to stay in school, because we'd be in great position to pick 2 all-star type players at the 1 and 4 spots if guys like Barnes, P. Jones, T. Jones, and Sullinger didn't decide to stay in school. On the plus side, due to them staying in school, we are probably going to end up drafting a big instead of a wing which enables us to focus on the wing-heavy draft next year. This way, we can get a C/PG this year, and a 2/3 next year.

double-face-palm.jpg

Simple question of who you would like to see the Cavs pick and who you think is great fit for the squad...

Like I said, it's impossible to answer a question based on the future when nothing is confirmed about it. Capiche?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."