• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
OK I will bite as well. Personally, I wish Harrison Barnes would have come out because Kyrie and Harrison would work extremely well together. So, if Barnes improves after his second season of college, I would love him on the team.

Kanter won't be there at 4. If we stay at 4 we will get a guy who will probably never start an NBA game.

Don't be so sure. It's way too early before the draft to make any assumptions. At this point, most mock drafts have Utah taking Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker still.

Well since it's a given that the Cavs will land Irving and Kanter, and then a given that we will land a stud wing in 2012....does anyone mind if I start a 2013 draft thread right now???

While i like Eyenga he's a bit overrated on this forum,I think he's a 10-12 ppg player that gives you great defense something like a Mickael Pietrus or Aaron Afflalo...I think we'll focus on top win next year....Outside of his attitude(even though I've heard he has matured) I really like LeBryan Nash as well as Michael Gilchrist
If we were to draft Williams and he can play SF effectively, having a SG put up 10-12ppg with great defense is exactly what we need.

luke_jackson.jpg

double-face-palm.jpg

Simple question of who you would like to see the Cavs pick and who you think is great fit for the squad...

Way too big picture aside, how exactly do we know who we would like to see the Cavs pick when we don't even know who's entering or where we'll be picking?

Well my guess is that Gilbert will use all of his money to buy a time machine/cloning device. He will once again buy his way into the lottery and we will have 2 lottery picks. With the those picks he will select the MJ Clone and the Hakeem Olajuwon Clone, both aged to 22 with the time machine portion of the device.

Now I know alot of things have to happen for this to come true, but its as good of a guess I can give on the 2012 draft before the 2011 draft has even happened.

Way too big picture aside, how exactly do we know who we would like to see the Cavs pick when we don't even know who's entering or where we'll be picking?
How about you read some publications and find out its real simple and its pretty much a given we'll be back in the lottery next year....

I mean its simple,if you dont like the thread or question being ask dont respond instead of complaining about it....I'm just tryna drum up conversation about upcoming prospects that have caught some yall eyes and maybe available for the next draft instead talking bout some stale ass trade proposal that may not happen brought on by a source that happens to be a Lebron kiss ass that dont know shit.

If the moon were made of barbeque spare ribs, would you eat it then?

Of course not! Everyone knows the moon is made of cheese! Damn dude, check your facts! :chuckles:

If Austin Rivers can grow another inch ( I have seen him listed as 6'3 and 6'4) I think he can play the 2 in the NBA. He reminds me of a bigger Derrick Rose with a better jump shot. He could row into a great SG who is a great fit with Irving. Mcadoo looks great, but he is only going against HS players. I am also high on Beal, Anthony Davis and Harrison Barnes I am praying the season gets wiped out and we get a top 3 pick! Dont give up on Perry Jones, maybe he can really work on his game this summer and start to develop the skill set to go along with his athletic gifts

John Jenkins from Vanderbilt. I figure after the 2011-12 breakout Cavaliers win 50 games we will get the 25th pick in the draft. Perfect time to draft a pure shooter sg to go with Kyrie Irving at point.

I really like 2012's SG draft prospects, Austin Rivers and Brad Beal. Austin is going to want the ball in his hands a lot, and I feel like he'll be like more of a mix between Derrick Rose and Kobe Bryant because he has speed and finishing skills similar to Rose, but has the perimeter game (old-school cross-overs and fakouts, etc.) of Kobe. He's got some good hops as well, and he likes to take over games. He does, however, like to shoot a little too much, leading to bad shot selections sometimes, hence his 32% 3P%. I think he can do better in 3P% if he does more of his shots as a catch-and-shoot instead of taking contested 3s. He also isn't quite as strong going left as he is right yet. Brad Beals is more like Ray Allen. He moves very well without the ball, and he's a lights-out shooter, having averaged nearly 50% this past season from 3-pt land (69/140). He's not flashy by any means, but, hey, neither is Ray Allen. Just all business. Efficient business. He also averaged a crazy 2 blocks per game as well as 2.7 steals and 2.7 assists per game. Between these two, it's a toss-up. If you want someone who is probably going to be more of a team player, go with Beal. If you want someone to be willing to take over games, go with Rivers. I know Rivers played with Kyrie and wants to play with him again, so we could arrange that. I'd really like to see Rivers improve upon his maturity on and off the court. Both are slightly undersize in height, but I don't know their wingspans or standing vertical reaches yet, which are more important than height, so we'll have to see. I hope they grow regardless. :)

As for other players, Anthony Davis comes to mind. The dude looks promising, but he's still a big question mark. I'd love me a 6'10" point forward. Kick JJ to the curb and maximize his trade value for a high first rounder if we happened to get him. As for the forwards in this draft (including Davis), I feel that a lot of them aren't well-polished yet, but have a lot of potential. I hope we can pick the right one should we go after one. I honestly think that the SGs are better bets for sure-fire talent, but the forwards could possibly be better in the end.

In Gilbert and Grant, we trust.

How about you read some publications and find out its real simple and its pretty much a given we'll be back in the lottery next year....

I mean its simple,if you dont like the thread or question being ask dont respond instead of complaining about it....I'm just tryna drum up conversation about upcoming prospects that have caught some yall eyes and maybe available for the next draft instead talking bout some stale ass trade proposal that may not happen brought on by a source that happens to be a Lebron kiss ass that dont know shit.

Um, don't think I ever said we wouldn't be back in the lottery next season..?

And do you seriously consider what I wrote complaining? Wow dude, I guess I could've went the other route & just made fun of you for it, like the others have, maybe then you wouldn't have singled my post out..?

McAdoo is really athletic on 2K11... So... I CHOOSE HIM!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."