• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson: Initial Thoughts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

covert_op

Reaction score
Why draft Tristan when you can have the exact same skill set in a bigger body, meaning Biyombo?

Re: Tristan Vs. Biyombo???

An offensive game that won't offend.

Re: Tristan Vs. Biyombo???

Boo!

Horrible answers!

There's rumors that Thompson is picked to be traded to the Bobcats for two first rounders.

Tristian Thompson is trending worldwide on Twitter. Cavs fans are great.

I would have liked this pick...if it were in the mid-low first round..but not the #4...

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the pick only because I didn't expect it and never heard of him as that highly rated. I guess Hollinger had him as the number 3 talent in the draft though.

The thing I'm most disappointed in is that he's a PF. I think we should have taken JV if for no other reason than he is a center and a much harder position to fill and it seems we are always loaded at PF. Right now for a number 4 pick, I'd say Andy, JJ, and Antawn would all be better than this guy. I know they won't be on the roster forever, but we need a center for sure

I guess I'll trust Grant because I really don't know shit about scouting college players

I guess I'll trust Grant

Never understood all this love/confidence for Chris Grant and his supposed talent evaluation abilities.

What in his track record with Atlanta or the Cavs has ever given anyone here the indication he is some whiz?

Identifying and developing young talent is not something that has gone particularly well for any front office he has been in the past decade.

He is no shark, but a little guppy in the NBA pond that got lucky that God smiled on the franchise and gave us the #1 pick when the odds were only 2%. That is no basis in my opinion for the "Grant is a genius" type rubbish that we see consistently around here.

I didn't want V, but drafting Thompson at 4 rather than bailing on the spot to at least pick up something else along the way would have been a better option than just outright reaching.

He's undersized, can't shoot, and can't post up so...overall great pick.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."