• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson: Initial Thoughts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Tristan Thompson is a TERRIBLE pick at #4!!! Cavs blew it!!! It shows they have a weak front office! We are doomed since this is how the team is going to be run! Here we go down the toilet!

Regardless he's a Cav so lets give him a few years. Gotta be better than JJ right?

Tristan Thompson is a TERRIBLE pick at #4!!! Cavs blew it!!! It shows they have a weak front office! We are doomed since this is how the team is going to be run! Here we go down the toilet!

Whatever you say.

Thompson was the Big 12 Freshman of the year, played with a ton of energy and hard work. To think he cannot improve is asinine. I wanted Jonas but you can't have everything. Thompson does have good athletic ability, great defensive ability and rebounding ability with energy. At worst, he'll be a great big man off the bench.

Whatever you say.

Thompson was the Big 12 Freshman of the year, played with a ton of energy and hard work. To think he cannot improve is asinine. I wanted Jonas but you can't have everything. Thompson does have good athletic ability, great defensive ability and rebounding ability with energy. At worst, he'll be a great big man off the bench.

But that's just it: The Cavs COULD have had everything. Jonas was on the board, the but the Cavs tried to get greedy. And they got screwed.

I honestly had the same look on my face as I did during the decision. At that time I was like yeah right LeBron this is some big joke right. Same damn reaction to this. And then when David Stern didn't say "j/k lol :)" I was like WTF is this shit! And now I am thinking Oh Canada lol. Highest Canadian draftee ever, if nothing else that's some history.

Given how much ESPN likes to crap on Cleveland, if this was a bad pick, don't you think they would have unloaded on us?

Hollinger is really high on Thompson. Chad Ford likes him, Bilas likes him.

Everyone is acting like he's a stiff.

He has a 7'1''+ wingspan, 9'1" standing reach, athletic, NBA body (230+ LBS) at 20, great offensive rebounder, etc, etc.

Let the guy play before going crazy.

shock was my initial reaction. but whatevs, who knows. there were only two great players in the draft, hopefully TT works out ok.

Hahaha everyone talking about Tristan Thompson, a player who was OUTSTANDING against NCAA talent, and disappointed about a very unproven question mark in Jonas.

Can we at least let the kid play a game before we deem him a bust. I'll tell you one thing. It seems like Grant was hoping Toronto wouldn't take Jonas V and we trade for Jonas later. Grant got bamboozled and that's not a good sign. Got to be better than that.

I think the reasoning for the pick is pretty clear. Derrick Williams insisted that he would make us pay if he didn't get selected at number one. Tristan Thompson shut down DW when they matched up. There ya go.

Seriously now, people need to chill out about the pick. Let's wait to see what happens. The pick is obviously a surprise and it is understandable that it makes everyone a bit nervous, but let's let it play out.

Whatever you say.

His competition for B12 Freshman of the year were 2 of the most underwhelming prospects in all of college basketball - Perry Jones and Josh Selby. The former was nowhere to be found for the first half of the year and the latter was nowhere to be found the entire season.

In other words, very stiff competition.

The draft is not even through the first round. You don't think they are on the phones. Have some faith. This is like when I posted that fool's blog of the worst run FO's and he included the cavs because and pinpointed the fact they never won a championship with Lebron on picking Luke jackson. Everyone take a valium. Jesus.

This is like when the Browns took TJ Ward and everyone started freaking out.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."