• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Lebron Safari 2014™

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you welcome LBJ back?

• Not a chance

Votes: 231 27.5%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

Votes: 435 51.7%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

Votes: 180 21.4%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

Votes: 17 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lebron James Tweet- re "HomeSweetHome"

It's only a matter of time before he regrets every "decision" he made. I still don't think he understands the impact he made on this city but one day he will look back and say to himself, "I fucked up".

You obviously don't know the size of LeBron's ego.

This is the same man who, once his team lost in the Finals, decided to put down every person poorer than him.

You obviously don't know the size of LeBron's ego.

This is the same man who, once his team lost in the Finals, decided to put down every person poorer than him.
lebrn-deciaion.jpg

I guess if James was going home to a condo within the confines of Quicken Loans Arena and tweeting "Home sweet home" I could see the reason to be upset. Instead he's tweeting about his home, that when he was a Cav player, people were constantly parading through his neighborhood to catch a glimpse of.

having grown up in the shadows of the rubber city, having had friends who go to the university of akron, and being currently employed downtown.

I can tell you that, Akron hates the guy. Only a small pocket of supporters like him, the majority our loyal Cavs fans, and are really ashamed he drags down the name of Akron (which is a great city in it's own right), everytime he tries to cover his ass.

I've seen, at Aeros games, more Pro-Cavs/Anti-LeBron shirts than LeBron/Heat gear, which has been at a bare minimum. It's to the point, that at a dunk tank game behind the bleachers, one of the incentives to dunk the intern working it, is the fact that he's wearing a Lebron Cavs jersey. Even St. V/St. M kids only reluctantly support him, and grit their teeth when his name is mentioned. U of Akron students heckled his ass when he was hanging around campus last year.

So, yeah, we hate the guy too. It angers me the douche still think he's welcome in my backyard. We love the city of Cleveland, and Northeast Ohio as a whole. Go Cavs, Go Browns, and Go Tribe.

having grown up in the shadows of the rubber city, having had friends who go to the university of akron, and being currently employed downtown.

I can tell you that, Akron hates the guy. Only a small pocket of supporters like him, the majority our loyal Cavs fans, and are really ashamed he drags down the name of Akron (which is a great city in it's own right), everytime he tries to cover his ass.

I've seen, at Aeros games, more Pro-Cavs/Anti-LeBron shirts than LeBron/Heat gear, which has been at a bare minimum. It's to the point, that at a dunk tank game behind the bleachers, one of the incentives to dunk the intern working it, is the fact that he's wearing a Lebron Cavs jersey. Even St. V/St. M kids only reluctantly support him, and grit their teeth when his name is mentioned. U of Akron students heckled his ass when he was hanging around campus last year.

So, yeah, we hate the guy too. It angers me the douche still think he's welcome in my backyard. We love the city of Cleveland, and Northeast Ohio as a whole. Go Cavs, Go Browns, and Go Tribe.

And I HATE when people say, oh Akron still loves him, only Cleveland hates him. Makes me so mad.

Sheezus do we have blow up or make news out of everything he says or does? Are we trying to make this summer LeBron's summer too?

I heard his next signature shoe will have plenty of cushioning made for passively standing around the perimeter.

We can't complain about how the media keeps bringing up Lebron and Cleveland when we obviously keep bringing him up ourselves. Unless Lebron is mobbed when he gets off the airplane he will always come back to his house and to Akron. There is really no way around it. Falling flat on his face in the Finals and the Cavs getting Kyrie Irving means we need to slowly start to let it go.

This right here is very well said. Lebron has come back to live in his Akron home during the offseason. And he's getting heckled by the good people who live in Akron more than ever. I suppose the heckling is out of control due to the fact that he didn't get his ring. But Lebron's tweet is damage control, nothing more nothing less.

And yet he still left.

But yeah...you need to treat #6 like I treat Fox News. Ignore, ignore, ignore, because all you're going to do is get frustrated by the stupidity.

About how I treat MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and the thing called "Media Matters".

Ignore. Get too frustrated by the stupidity.

But anyway; there is nothing wrong with calling out the quitter, bum, idiot, scum of earth, worse human being eva. The scum brought on all of this all by himself. He chooses to continue to own the house "near" Akron and even live in it. It's his choice. He has to live with the consequences. There isn't a damn thing wrong with the threads. I'd think there was something wrong if there wasn't any threads. I would think we were a bunch of wussies who are afraid of James and his thugs if we didn't call his ass out for the dumb stuff he does. This dude QUIT on the fans, on Cleveland, and on his Cavs teammates. In my mind, we don't do enough to this guy. Fuck him. Fuck you james. Eat. My. Fuck. James. You. Suck. Bite. Me.

Meh at some point some folks need to learn how to not get bent out of shape over any tweet or piece of news about Lebron. He got to the game's biggest stage and still fell flat on his face more than he ever did in Cleveland. What's the point of getting upset about him going back to a house that he owns and pays/has paid the bills for when he choked in the Finals and he might not get another chance to win a ship until 2013 partially because of how he forced and dictated where owners would meet him last summer.

.... Well Akron is beautiful this time of year....... (gunshot) :runs:

I want the Mayor of Akron to shut up and just go away. Big o'l writeup on the Bite-a-thon crap. 20 kids picked by James? WTF is that? Someone needs to go to this and run him down on his bicycle.

http://www.cleveland.com/lebron/index.ssf/2011/07/lebron_james_increasing_involv.html

Down to 20 kids now huh??? I wonder if this has anything to do with his ever shrinking popularity. Wasn't this the event where there were about 1,000 riders including other professional athletes??? My how the might have fallen.

Don't forget to include this part...

The Miami Heat star is changing the scope of his annual bike-a-thon in his hometown of Akron, Ohio, scrubbing its former "King for Kids" moniker to now call the event "Wheels for Education" and building it around a two-week camp featuring reading and technology classes for 360 children about to enter third grade.

Once a child completes the two-week camp this summer, he or she will receive a laptop, school supplies and a bike, made possible by HP, Nike and the LeBron James Family Foundation, among others. Plans call for the kids involved to continue getting support through their high school graduations, through another partnership with the Akron Public Schools.

Yeah the guys a dick but I'd rather him do something like this which will provide items for the kids education rather than just give bikes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."