• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Presidential Election

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Will Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 70 60.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • Electoral College Tie

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Gov. Rick Perry: The Candidate Obama Would Fear the Most

Oh hell yes. Fact is; I know quite a few very much liberal people who have stated they won't vote for Obama either. Most of them are for reasons different from mine though. LOL They don't feel he's liberal enough and I feel he's extremely liberal and has been in campaign mode for the most part since 2009. I feel this country is much worse off right now than it was in 2008, and it's not even close in my mind. Nothing Obama has done has helped the economy one bit. Don't tell me about how bad it was when he took office as that's a cop out and an excuse that is now extremely old. Or how many jobs his policies have "saved". LOL The fact is; real unemployment is ridiculously high. The country is overall in much worse shape than it was before Obama took office. Nothing written otherwise can spin it's way to change my mind.

ANY nominee that runs against Obama will get my vote. Period.

yeah i can see how the president willing to cut SS and medicare is too liberal for you. :confused:

DougHeil is exactly the guy that dictators appeal to in order to take power. Time for a putsch...

Hitler+Nazi+Salute.jpg

Doug's arguments are the same in every political thread: "Don't give me that sorry bullshit about Obama inheriting a shitty economy. I mean, how could a president not fix the entire country's problems in 2.5 years?!? Insanity!"

DougHeil is exactly the guy that dictators appeal to in order to take power. Time for a putsch...

Sadly you're not that far off:

As a follow-on to Perry's famous “Pray for Rain” rally in April, he’s now planning an evangelical hoedown in August, called “The Response,” that features a sort of who’s who of radical theocrats, including John Hagee, the Christian Zionist leader whose support John McCain felt constrained to repudiate in 2008 after Hagee called Adolf Hitler an agent of God’s plans to return the Jews to their biblical homeland. The expressed purpose of the upcoming event is to seek divine intervention to fix America, apparently via the propitiation of an angry God by the abandonment of such abominations as legalized abortion, same-sex relationships, and church-state separation.

Doug's ideal candidates:

hitler1.jpg

Last edited:

Since everyone talks about Clinton riding the internet bubble, should only be fair that Perry is riding the techno bubble that's been happening in Texas, mostly thanks to Austin.

Austin went to shit in 08 with the rest of the economy so this isn't really true any more. Houston is where the growth is, and has been. Houston has done an amazing job diversifying its economy base. There are literally thousand of austin companies that have disappeared during this resession.

It all eventually devolves into Hitler. Bravo, RCF Godwinites!

yeah i can see how the president willing to cut SS and medicare is too liberal for you. :confused:

LOL yeah. He only is just now saying this because he knows nothing else will get passed. He's being forced to do so. A very good thing. Let's see if it's really 4 trillion. I doubt it.

And no to someone above. This country is WORSE off than when Obama took office. Anyone who thinks otherwise has zero experience in business and regulations and jobs, and really no idea what makes a good economy. Ask any home builder or any contractor out there how his/her business is doing. They'll tell you.

Most houses around my area are now being auctioned off because they can't be sold any other way. Most for 35% or less than their value was just three years ago. New construction is almost at zero these days. ALL those businesses employ workers; framers, roofers, drywall, ext. trim/windows, interior trim/doors, etc,etc,etc.... none of those people can find work. This doesn't cover all retail home center type businesses who sell to the construction industry. It's bad. Real bad. It's worse than it ever has been. Believe me, I should know. I do know.

The only thing Obama knows is taxing and spending money on "shovel ready" jobs that never materialize. He said he guesses those shovel ready jobs he touted in 2009 in order to get the billion dollar stimulus package passed, wasn't really shovel ready after all. Well duh?

Ask businesses what one reason is as to why they aren't hiring right now? They have many reasons but Obamacare is a big one. It's led to these businesses either not hiring anyone, or simply only hiring part time only. This then leads to the "underemployed" going up as well as the REAL unemployed.

You've been listening to Rush haven't you?

Unemployment statistics have become fashionable for conservatives lately. It's interesting.

When I was a kid, I thought I was liberal...right up until about my Senior year of college. Then I started getting embarrassed by all the liberal teachers at my school that would picket everything and anything that the largely Republican student body agreed with or pursued. Then I started getting embarrassed by the majority of liberal media and disassociated entirely with those viewpoints.

Then after that I thought I was a Republican. Then I got embarrassed by the general ignorance propagated by my Republican friends every time politics came up and started questioning that again. Then I started listening to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh because that's all that was on my pre-Sirius car radio during the day. THEN I watched Sarah Palin and John McCain embarrass themselves (McCain didn't even WANT this presidency and it was obvious towards the end.) Then I got REALLY embarrassed and started noticing that all the bullshit my friends and some on this board were spewing came directly from lunatics like Rush and Beck and got even MORE embarrassed and had no idea where to turn from there.

Then I realized that in a world where you can't make it out of a primary without spewing the ENTIRE party line OR painting yourself as a "maverick" and STILL spew the entire party line...you're never going to find a truly well-intentioned, honest person who thinks AND ACTS for themselves.

An Independent is never going to make it through and it's likely that this would be our only shot. It's not a Black man or a woman, or a Hispanic or a Jew that this country needs to truly "change." It's a system where someone who thinks for themselves AND on behalf of the country can make it through as a leader. I don't see how it could ever happen, so I've really just tuned out politics altogether. It's to the point where I don't listen to any political radio shows, don't watch any news, DEFINITELY don't listen to any highly political comedians (talking to you Nick DiPaolo, Lewis Black, John Stewart and David Cross), and even more importantly NEVER get into political debates with someone that I don't trust to think on their own. Sidenote...to David Cross's credit, when he's not political he's one of the best comedians out there.

Anyways...if I can ever find a politician who:

(1) Is gung ho pro- stem cell research (for fuck's sake, the cures to a large percentage of our problems are rooted in this)
(2) Is highly critical about wasting time and money with stupid "programs" that the scum of society continue to exploit
(3) Legalizes marijuana and lets businesses make money off of it
(4) Finds a way to keep jobs in America and cuts off China as much as possible
(5) Finds a way to put all rapists, child molesters and highly violent criminals behind bars for as close to life as possible
(6) Builds more prisons to put and keep these people in
(7) Doesn't have stupid, illogical religious beliefs
(8) Comes off as up-front and honest while admitting his own faults and not hiding every mistake he's made...

Then I'll vote for him. If you can't meet at least five of those- with 1,4,5, and 8 being necessities- I'm not interested.

Last edited:

When I was a kid, I thought I was liberal...right up until about my Senior year of college. Then I started getting embarrassed by all the liberal teachers at my school that would picket everything and anything that the largely Republican student body agreed with or pursued. Then I started getting embarrassed by the majority of liberal media and disassociated entirely with those viewpoints.

Then after that I thought I was a Republican. Then I got embarrassed by the general ignorance propagated by my Republican friends every time politics came up and started questioning that again. Then I started listening to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh because that's all that was on my pre-Sirius car radio during the day. THEN I watched Sarah Palin and John McCain embarrass themselves (McCain didn't even WANT this presidency and it was obvious towards the end.) Then I got REALLY embarrassed and started noticing that all the bullshit my friends and some on this board were spewing came directly from lunatics like Rush and Beck and got even MORE embarrassed and had no idea where to turn from there.

Then I realized that in a world where you can't make it out of a primary without spewing the ENTIRE party line OR painting yourself as a "maverick" and STILL spew the entire party line...you're never going to find a truly well-intentioned, honest person who thinks AND ACTS for themselves.

An Independent is never going to make it through and it's likely that this would be our only shot. It's not a Black man or a woman, or a Hispanic or a Jew that this country needs to truly "change." It's a system where someone who thinks for themselves AND on behalf of the country can make it through as a leader. I don't see how it could ever happen, so I've really just tuned out politics altogether. It's to the point where I don't listen to any political radio shows, don't watch any news, DEFINITELY don't listen to any highly political comedians (talking to you Nick DiPaolo, Lewis Black, John Stewart and David Cross), and even more importantly NEVER get into political debates with someone that I don't trust to think on their own. Sidenote...to David Cross's credit, when he's not political he's one of the best comedians out there.

Anyways...if I can ever find a politician who:

(1) Is gung ho pro- stem cell research (for fuck's sake, the cures to a large percentage of our problems are rooted in this)
(2) Is highly critical about wasting time and money with stupid "programs" that the scum of society continue to exploit
(3) Legalizes marijuana and lets businesses make money off of it
(4) Finds a way to keep jobs in America and cuts off China as much as possible
(5) Finds a way to put all rapists, child molesters and highly violent criminals behind bars for as close to life as possible
(6) Builds more prisons to put and keep these people in
(7) Doesn't have stupid, illogical religious beliefs
(8) Comes off as up-front and honest while admitting his own faults and not hiding every mistake he's made...

Then I'll vote for him. If you can't meet at least five of those- with 1,4,5, and 8 being necessities- I'm not interested.

This is why I'll be voting for the Dennis Miller/Adam Carolla ticket in 2012. The debates will be epic, the weekly radio address; comedy gold, and neither will suffer fools. I put Miller at the top only because he's older, but 16 years of those two would do us a ton of good.

Any nominee that Doug fully supports will not get my vote. Period. (that doesn't sound ridiculous to you, Doug?)

How many of us can say they understand the global economy well enough to be even 90% confident in their opinion? No Doug. You don't. Know why? No one can. Genius economists that have devoted their lives to studying the economy disagree on almost everything. What makes you so confident, Doug? You get owned on every political debate where someone actually cares to respond, yet you don't seem to have changed a single opinion. Why? Oh yeah, you are bitter old man, literally physically incapable of changing your mind. Why should anyone listen to you when they can just turn on the radio for the EXACT same message?

This is why I'll be voting for the Dennis Miller/Adam Carolla ticket in 2012. The debates will be epic, the weekly radio address; comedy gold, and neither will suffer fools. I put Miller at the top only because he's older, but 16 years of those two would do us a ton of good.

Dennis Miller is a pretentious, annoying asshole. I love Adam Carolla though and I know for a fact that he agrees on my stance regarding violent criminals and child molesters because I listened to Loveline religiously when it was on.

Dennis Miller is a pretentious, annoying asshole. I love Adam Carolla though and I know for a fact that he agrees on my stance regarding violent criminals and child molesters because I listened to Loveline religiously when it was on.

Miller's not pretentious. Give him a listen and you'll see he's a pretty reasonable guy with extremely esoteric and funny references. If you like Carolla, listen to his podcast. He's right about pretty much everything.

Miller's not pretentious. Give him a listen and you'll see he's a pretty reasonable guy with extremely esoteric and funny references.

He must have changed over the last few years then, because he sure used to be. I'll give him a shot.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."