• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Differences between the European and NBA style of basketball

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Don't knock it till you've tried it...

Main difference is in the g/f wives section.

morsom1.jpg

Glad to see that you are officially out of the closet.

You're the one posting pics of guys asses. I'm just pointing out that it's a dude and I threw up a little bit.

You're the one posting pics of guys asses. I'm just pointing out that it's a dude and I threw up a little bit.

Not sure how you get that's a dude. Cant see the adam's apple, cant see the hands, has the hips of a typical female, but hey if you want to fantasize she has a penis, go right ahead.

Not sure how you get that's a dude. Cant see the adam's apple, cant see the hands, has the hips of a typical female, but hey if you want to fantasize she has a penis, go right ahead.

When you zoom in on the hand. The index finger is longer than then ring finger. If you've ever watched Manswer's you'd know that to tell if a she is really a he... is to see which finger is larger.

I'm gonna be all over the Euroleague (specifically DWill's team and possibly others with NBA players in) as well as college ball this year. . . it won't be that bad, I guess. It just sucks not having any basketball related news. I really underestimated how much Summer League and FA helped pass the basketball-less summer. . .

When you zoom in on the hand. The index finger is longer than then ring finger. If you've ever watched Manswer's you'd know that to tell if a she is really a he... is to see which finger is larger.

wait what

I'm gonna be all over the Euroleague (specifically DWill's team and possibly others with NBA players in) as well as college ball this year. . . it won't be that bad, I guess. It just sucks not having any basketball related news. I really underestimated how much Summer League and FA helped pass the basketball-less summer. . .

The NFL lockout doesn't help.

Goes back to team play. We've always had greater talent but in the late 90s/00s when our International teams started thinking they could coast through on talent and style alone, they faced teams that had grown together since teenagers, and who played the game the right way - and we got beat (shockingly to the USA team). Soccer informs how they position themselves, move without the ball, set screens, move to the basket, pass the ball, etc. Steve Nash often credits his ability to be a 2-time MVP with gaining high bball IQ from growing up in a soccer family playing soccer. Andy has mentioned the same thing.

Really, it'd be ideal to see the two come closer together, which I think is happening in Europe with the talent disparity decreasing over the past decade or so, but it doesn't seem to be happening here where the highly talented players have become even less team-oriented than ever before. Even into the 90s, it was typical that the lottery was full of guys who played 4 years in college, and hadn't switched around high school teams every year, nor had they played on a handful of AAU teams. Coaches also weren't as expendable as they are considered nowadays.

Really? You going with that? Like you can really clearly see the fingers and which one is longer. And its not 100%, but close. Even so, no way you can see which is the longer finger even zooming. You are just making shit up to try and be funny, but you failed.

Who cares if it is a guy? Smash anyway.

Goes back to team play. We've always had greater talent but in the late 90s/00s when our International teams started thinking they could coast through on talent and style alone, they faced teams that had grown together since teenagers, and who played the game the right way - and we got beat (shockingly to the USA team).

But it wasn't just team play, it was also the rules, the refs, playing on the road, the style of play AND talent as well. The one and done nature of an elimination tournament also does nothing to guarantee the best team wins so to consistently win such a tourney your team has to be ridiculously superior.

Ultimately teams play the way they do in the NBA because it's efficient/effective (in the NBA). If all it took was a higher level of teamwork to overcome talent, then that's exactly what we'd see play out in the NBA.

And heck, as a matter of fact, we did see that play out in the finals.

The problem for the league is that the Heat have only played together for one season. Given time, they'll learn how to play with each other better, or find better players to fit in. Team work improves given time, talent does not.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."