• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Report: PD Hires Tom Reed as New Cavaliers Beat Writer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I've never heard of him...but it doesn't take much to be better than Mary Schmidt Boyer.

PDcavsinsider M.S. Boyer,J. Valade
Heading to St. Vincent St. Mary for LeBron and teammates induction into school Hall of Fame. Watch for updates later
2 hours ago

I hope this wasn't the new guy.

I've never heard of him...but it doesn't take much to be better than Mary Schmidt Boyer.
True that, Mary is awful. I can remember her not even covering some games and she's tweeted like 2 things since the season ended.

MSB's tweeting and writing pain me more than her picture.

mcc6hmkxpqwzc3bm493a.jpg

Reed used to be a reporter at the Akron Beacon Journal, believe he covered Ohio State and the Browns in addition to commentary. He's very good actually, and obviously 100x better than Boyer. Reed is knowledgeable and reasonable, and honestly, can be every bit as good as Windhorst in time. He's also a pretty nice guy, for whatever that's worth.

HELL YES! NO MORE MSB! I suppose my campaign of harassing her everytime she tweeted, and sending countless emails to the PD finally worked!

That's right MSB, I helped make sure you lose your job.

Wow. You all are cruel.

Congrats to Tom Reed!

BTW: Not sure what's wrong with her looks either. I'd gladly take her out if she's single. I'd love to see the girlfriends and wives and some of you in here bashing news ladies and their looks. LOL One would think most in here have models and centerfold gals as girlfriends. :chuckles:

Windy averaged 2 tweets an hour...this chick has had 2 since the season ended. #garbage

PD did need an upgrade in their Cavs coverage. Hope Reed is it. Only problem is I'm not sure he has a basketball background in his career. I'm never too crazy about writers being hired to cover an area they don't have a ton of expertise or experience in covering.
Jason Lloyd has demonstrated more knowledge and passion in recent stores about Ohio St than he has ever done since he became the ABJ's Cavs beat writer. I've found out he's a former Ohio St beat writer so that explains that.

I'll wait and see before I judge but I prefer a beat writer who can show a knowledge of and passion for hoops.

BTW: Not sure what's wrong with her looks either. I'd gladly take her out if she's single. I'd love to see the girlfriends and wives and some of you in here bashing news ladies and their looks. LOL One would think most in here have models and centerfold gals as girlfriends. :chuckles:

Some of us don't want to fuck Powder wearing a red wig.

I watched him write a $38 check to the Children's Miracle Network and then brag about the write-off immediately after. Two hours later I saw the guy force an 11 year old girl to smoke pot out of a vaporizer.

Anyone cross-linked any of your recent umm observations yet?

Best news of the off-season. I would have traded the Cavs 2nd round pick in 2011 for a new Cavs beat writer. As it turned out, the Cavs may not get much more for theirs.

Great get if this is the Tom Reed from the Columbus Dispatch. As a huge Blue Jackets fan, he was one of the guys who helped with some of the best local print coverage in the entire league. He's very active on Twitter as well, so a lot of people will enjoy him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."