• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Indians End of Season Game Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
They can have an easier time winning with them, though. What, we can't trade for a good player?

Not really, no.

They dealt their two biggest chips for Jimenez. And you're looking at more of a second tier players with the current chips.

The point of small market free agency is to bring in complimentary players.

If they can come out of this offseason with something a step above Austin Kearns or OC, I'll be happy.

Something in the Josh Willingham, Cuddyer, Mark Buerhle range on a one-year deal or something.

Expecting them to go nuts with free agent acquisitions or fantasy trades isn't going to happen this year or the forseeable future, especially after dealing for Ubaldo.

Not really, no.

They dealt their two biggest chips for Jimenez. And you're looking at more of a second tier players with the current chips.

The point of small market free agency is to bring in complimentary players.

If they can come out of this offseason with something a step above Austin Kearns or OC, I'll be happy.

Something in the Josh Willingham, Cuddyer, Mark Buerhle range on a one-year deal or something.

Expecting them to go nuts with free agent acquisitions or fantasy trades isn't going to happen this year or the forseeable future, especially after dealing for Ubaldo.

If those were their only real trade chips, I have to question that trade. I'd have saved them for more of a sure thing.

Oh shoot; I do think we will make at least one big trade for a bat. I also think we do have the players another team would want. A 3 for 1 or even 4 players for one BIG bat would get it done with the right team and player. I don't know who that player might be, but to say we can't make one nice trade is ridiculous. We can also do a few smaller things to improve.

Trade assets:

Phelps
LaPorta
Carrera
Carmona
Sizemore
Hafner
Gomez
Huff
McAllister
Mills
Hoffman
and many more minor leaguers at all levels. Oh sure, some of those aren't real good assets, but assets anyway.

We WILL make a trade. We WILL pick up a FA or two, although small impact.

I believe many things we do depends on what we do with Sizemore. Does he stay or does he go? Going means we freed up LF for a big bat who could also DH when needed. Staying means we have no outfield position open for that big bat with Brantley, Sizemore, and Choo. Everything depends on what we decide with Sizemore.

I'm looking forward to the off season and then spring training. I DO think we are close. I also do not really call this season a success either.

We started doing badly in May and before all the injuries really hit. We haven't played winning baseball since May. We haven't been even close to playing winning baseball. I want to see how we finish this year. Do we pack it in or do we play hard? That can tell us a bunch about the coaching and the makeup of our young players.

Trade assets:

Phelps
LaPorta
Carrera
Carmona
Sizemore
Hafner
Gomez
Huff
McAllister
Mills
Hoffman

LOL.

What can you reasonably expect to land with those..."assets"??

Maybe Pujols if we package all 11 of them?

I have to disagree with the notion that they won't be very active this offseason. The Ubaldo trade shows that they think the time is now, and I expect them to act accordingly. I'm not expecting Fielder, but I'm not expecting Austin Kearns either.

I have to disagree with the notion that they won't be very active this offseason. The Ubaldo trade shows that they think the time is now, and I expect them to act accordingly. I'm not expecting Fielder, but I'm not expecting Austin Kearns either.

I think they'll be active.

I don't think they'll add any BIG names. Which will of course turn into "they're not trying."

I think they'll be active.

I don't think they'll add any BIG names. Which will of course turn into "they're not trying."

I'd agree with that. Decent SP, decent 1B, and I think we're done.

I would value a 1B over anything else at this point, obviously.

I watch this game knowing that if it goes sour at any point, NFL regular season football is on TV as well.

Thome beats the shift. Hallelujah!

Trade assets:

LOL.

What can you reasonably expect to land with those..."assets"??

Yeah bud; take one snippet of my post and reply to it. Why not quote the entire post and respond to ALL of it next time?

I stated some assets are better than others but all are assets. I stated there are many more names I did not mention. Get it right or do not reply next time.

Am I crazy or is David Huff sporting a mohawk?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."