• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Peyton Hillis is Jason Bourne

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Peyton Hillis

I remember seeing tweets on game day (or the day before, I can't remember) that Hillis looked terrible. I really don't have any doubt that he wasn't healthy enough to play.

I agree with questioning Gocong's extension. He is making a very good amount of money now and really hasn't shown THAT much to have earned it. But I don't understand how giving Moore a new contract is so "wow." It isn't like they signed him to an outrageous deal, he was signed to a fair deal, and I don't think his $1 million dollar a year contract has any effect in Hillis getting a new deal.

He was signed and hasn't been used at all this season. How does it make sense to sign him.

He was signed and hasn't been used at all this season. How does it make sense to sign him.

When you say "hasn't been used at all this season" what you really mean is "he hasn't been on the field much, but when he does get on the field he makes plays and is currently leading the team in touchdown receptions" right?

Didn't they say Hillis lost 10-12 pounds? I mean, that could be a lasting effect. Why risk getting him hurt because he's not 100%, when you have a bye week next week?

There was a report on ESPN yesterday that some Browns players questioned Hillis about him not playing last week. Wonder if he didn't play because of the lock out. If he is causing trouble in the locker room would you trade him right now? Were you not surprised when he didn't play last week even though he was at all of the meetings on the day before last weeks game? If that espn report is accurate and his teammates are doubting his will to play that is not good for the locker room.

So would you trade him right now? I definately don't want to trade him. I wonder what the value of Hillis would be. Would you trade him for a decent receiver or even a 2nd round pick?

An ESPN report being accurate?
espn-sucks.jpg

I put this rumor in the BS pile. Strep throat is no joke and there were reports that Hillis left the stadium that day looking like death. As far as him not getting touches yesterday, I think that is a case of bad game management rather than teaching him a lesson. Game 1 Shurmur said he forgot to put hardesty in game until the 4th quarter. Game 3 he didn't realize he was giving Hardesty so many carries. Game 4 he split carries in 1st half and had to throw in the second because we were down so much. Shurmur is getting his feet wet as OC and HC and he's struggling with rotations.

I don't think there is anything else to read into the situation than that.

Last edited:

You're all wrong. Reading Roda's blog at the 'KNR website, it's the Browns FO that's limiting Hillis' touches because they don't want to pay him should he produce the same as he did last year.

Again this statement is coming off of the Chris Cochong contract extension.

Giving money to Evan Moore and Chris Gocong instead of Hillis was just... wow ....

Really the first thing this FO has done that I have really, really disliked.

Um, what?

You really think Holmgren & Heckert were sitting there thinking "Hmm, we could either give Hillis an extension... or give extensions to Moore & Gocong, what should we do?"

Not sure why you think that because we signed these 2 guys to extensions, we won't be able to sign Hillis..?

Overall Hillis is a nice player, but his key problem is fumbling. Turnover lose games, period. Looking at it from the Browns point of view, Hillis needs to demonstrate that he can overcome this tendency in order to get the undoubtedly lucrative extension he is looking for.

Hillis weakness in this area is targeted by defenders; refer to comments by players after last year's games. IF he is giving me 1,800 yards and 20 TD, maybe I can overlook it. But his good production last year was offset by the turnovers. He also has a frequent injury history going back to his college days.

I am not opposed to the right trade for Hillis if he doesn't overcome this problem; I would also resign him if he demostrates consistent production while maintaining possession.

Maybe not his fault, but its real bad timing to miss a game due to sickness immediately after you speak out publicly about your contract. He is going to have to live with, and overcome, the consequenses of fate.

Overall Hillis is a nice player, but his key problem is fumbling. Turnover lose games, period. Looking at it from the Browns point of view, Hillis needs to demonstrate that he can overcome this tendency in order to get the undoubtedly lucrative extension he is looking for.

Hillis weakness in this area is targeted by defenders; refer to comments by players after last year's games. IF he is giving me 1,800 yards and 20 TD, maybe I can overlook it. But his good production last year was offset by the turnovers. He also has a frequent injury history going back to his college days.

I am not opposed to the right trade for Hillis if he doesn't overcome this problem; I would also resign him if he demostrates consistent production while maintaining possession.

Maybe not his fault, but its real bad timing to miss a game due to sickness immediately after you speak out publicly about your contract. He is going to have to live with, and overcome, the consequenses of fate.

Fans like you ruin this town.

You're all wrong. Reading Roda's blog at the 'KNR website, it's the Browns FO that's limiting Hillis' touches because they don't want to pay him should he produce the same as he did last year.

Again this statement is coming off of the Chris Cochong contract extension.

It's an interesting theory and it would hold merit....just not ready to say think that.

+10000000000000000000000000000

Some "fans like him" are fans of the BROWNS and not only of the players. I've been burned too many times by players of Cleveland teams that I thought were here for life to care any more.

I'm a fan of every Browns player past and present, but don't ask me to get attached to any of them. Except maybe Phil Dawson.. that dude has been here forever now and he is still money.

So those fans that do not constantly have the star players' dick in their mouths ruin this town?

Hillis was a very nice surprise last season, but his fumbling and past injuries are certainly worth taking into consideration before you sign him to a big long-term deal.

This isn't Chris Johnson we're talking about here...I had a bad case of strep 2 years ago, I honestly felt like I was going to die at it's peak.

- You're sweating like you're hot but you're shivering at the same time. You're running a high fever.
- Your throat is raw, swallowing when your mouth fills with saliva like normal becomes a concentrated effort. You gulp slowly because it feels like your throat is a bed of hot coals.
- Your throat hurts so bad that eating is just a waste of time, it's not even appealing. You're not eating enough to sustain your daily activities.
- I couldn't sleep because the mucus and buildup would collect in my throat and I would wakeup choking on my own phlegm even sitting upright. You can no longer subconsciously swallow it becomes a conscious process.
- Not eating and not moving for about 5-7 days I lost 17lbs I went from 180 to 163 I looked like shit.

Awful...I couldn't imagine going anywhere and having to do anything requiring any sort of effort let alone breaking tackles of 200-300lb guys trying to tear you apart. I don't question it one bit...why is it that basketball players can miss 2-4 games with the flu and we never question them?? LeBron would routinely miss games with the flu as do other players as well throughout the league.

Hillis plays this game balls to the wall when he's in there and I don't question his toughness, effort or anything. Some of you fucking people need to quit watching 'As the World Turns' and 'Days of our Lives' this is football not a damn soap opera, or reality TV. The guy was sick then I believe he was sick. So because some unnamed player wants to question him it's some sort of huge controversy? Get the fuck outta here.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."