• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mass Effect 3

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
As geeky as it sounds, I'm probably going to get the N7 Collector's Edition as well, if for nothing more than the extra in-game content it will come with. Here's a list of the features from BioWare's website:

Get the ultimate Mass Effect 3 experience with the N7 Collector’s Edition! This exclusive and limited package includes:

Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
Robotic Dog – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

There's supposedly a bonus mission that comes with it, as well.

Damn for only $20 bucks more and you get all that, im signing myself up for the collectors addition

Mass Effect was pretty solid.... but Mass Effect 2 made me a die hard fan of the series. Got the CE of that one, may or may not order the CE of 3. I'll have to think about it.

Can't wait for the game either way, though. I actually just began my 5th play through, this time on Insanity. I'm about halfway through (playing an Adept) and it's hard but not as hard as I thought it would be. The only truly tough enemies to take out are the Collector robots (scions? And I forget what the flying one is called). Especially when you have to face several at once. Ridiculous.

Really can't wait to see how they end this series.

Captain Kirrahe is back? Didn't he die?

I just started replaying ME 1 to get achievements and to create new careers that make different decisions, that way I can see all the different results that happens in ME2 and eventually ME3. I think i'll end up having 3 or 4 different careers with different romances and renegade/paragon choices. These games are so great, and really do have amazing replay value.

Mass Effect was pretty solid.... but Mass Effect 2 made me a die hard fan of the series. Got the CE of that one, may or may not order the CE of 3. I'll have to think about it.

Can't wait for the game either way, though. I actually just began my 5th play through, this time on Insanity. I'm about halfway through (playing an Adept) and it's hard but not as hard as I thought it would be. The only truly tough enemies to take out are the Collector robots (scions? And I forget what the flying one is called). Especially when you have to face several at once. Ridiculous.

Really can't wait to see how they end this series.

Captain Kirrahe is back? Didn't he die?

Kirrahe lives or dies based on your choice on Virimire.

If you goto rescue the person with the bomb he dies

Kirrahe lives or dies based on your choice on Virimire.

If you goto rescue the person with the bomb he dies

wtf?

Did not know that.

Online Multiplayer ???

mass3mp.jpg

Multiplayer? Unless it's "take control of squad member" type multiplayer, I'll want to pass. There's no need for a "deathmatch" bullshit in this game.

Multiplayer? Unless it's "take control of squad member" type multiplayer, I'll want to pass. There's no need for a "deathmatch" bullshit in this game.

I just don't think there's a need for multiplayer in this game, period, whether it's death match or co-op.

I just don't think there's a need for multiplayer in this game, period, whether it's death match or co-op.

I don't think there's a need for it either. Makes no sense why they add it for the final installment. But if it has to be there, at least let it only be co-op.

I think co-op would be fun. Multiplayer would be stupid.

I think co-op would be fun. Multiplayer would be stupid.

I just think on a game driven so much by story, co-op really wouldn't do it justice. Let's be honest, how often do you pay attention to the story of a game when playing it with others? If they want to make a multiplayer Mass Effect, might as well make an MMO (which I'm also not too keen on).

No. Multiplayer is dumb.

/end useless multiplayer discussion

Fuck multiplayer on ME. The greatness of these games lie in the story, not some half assed multiplayer deathmatch or co-op shit. This is definitely a game where you want to immerse yourself in it, and having your buddy yelling and screaming because some kid just killed him would be annoying. Plus I HATE it when people talk over cut scenes...

Anywho, I Pre-ordered the collectors edition the other day and am feeling no buyers remorse. I'm playing through ME1 right now on a couple of different story arcs. I'm progressing really slowly thanks 2k12, work and school though. I'm kind of happy I still have a few months before it comes out.

Fuck multiplayer on ME. The greatness of these games lie in the story, not some half assed multiplayer deathmatch or co-op shit. This is definitely a game where you want to immerse yourself in it, and having your buddy yelling and screaming because some kid just killed him would be annoying. Plus I HATE it when people talk over cut scenes...

Anywho, I Pre-ordered the collectors edition the other day and am feeling no buyers remorse. I'm playing through ME1 right now on a couple of different story arcs. I'm progressing really slowly thanks 2k12, work and school though. I'm kind of happy I still have a few months before it comes out.

Yeah I am gonna preorder the Collector's Edition pretty soon here I think. Lots of in game bonuses so it's worth it I think.

I was ripping thru 2 on Insane (not terribly hard as I said before but it has some RIDICULOUS moments) and then I got GoW3 so now I'm playing that. I'll get back to ME2 once Im done.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."