• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Urban Meyer hired by OSU

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cdt

Winter Is Here
Reaction score
They just put Urban on the spot on College Gameday about whether he's going to be or has been contacted by OSU.

He was very politically correct and saying that he enjoys his job yada yada, saw some volleyball games with his girls.

But there was something about it that just looked like he was reading a pre-scripted response.

I hope to god we land Urban or we're looking at a long uphill climb.

Re: Urban Meyer Just Asked Live About OSU

He's probably at the top of our list, but what about his Florida days with allegations of being a liar addict? IDK much about it.

I hope he is the next coach. Not surprising he's not saying much about it now.

A liar addict?

I hope beyond hope that Urban Meyer takes the job at OSU. It's not often you have a chance to replace one of the 5 best coaches of the last ten years with another one. Obviously OSU will have the checkbook open. It's just up to Meyer to decide if he wants to come back.

Meyer, Gruden, Dungy

In that order.

Someone with some clout....someone that can coach AND recruit. Boobie's list looks perfect to me.

A pretty reliable source told me Meyer walked away from Florida because he felt he lost control the relationships between the boosters and the players. If OSU boosters have learned their lesson, Meyer can handle the rest. I'd be surprised if he isn't on the OSU sidelines in the next two years.

A pretty reliable source told me Meyer walked away from Florida because he felt he lost control the relationships between the boosters and the players. If OSU boosters have learned their lesson, Meyer can handle the rest. I'd be surprised if he isn't on the OSU sidelines in the next two years.

Me too.

This is the environment Meyer wants, and he's a heck of a football coach to boot.

I'd be interested to see where he turns as far as assistants go. Got to bring in a crew who knows and understands Ohio football as well as keeping their presence in Florida and the DC/Virginia area.

Nothing mentioned yet, so........

OSU stepped up today and had a decent game. I've got to give credit to Fickell for getting the team ready to play after the fiasco of last week. Kudos to him.

Not sure how I liked the very conservative game plan, but it sure did work. The O line played extremely well. With all the draws, etc we ran, the O lineman simply took the defender where he wanted to go to create the running lanes. Very simple stuff but it worked.

One nice TD pass by Miller. ONE completed pass. lol NICE running by Miller all game long.

OSU stepped up today and had a decent game. I've got to give credit to Fickell for getting the team ready to play after the fiasco of last week. Kudos to him.

Not sure how I liked the very conservative game plan, but it sure did work. The O line played extremely well. With all the draws, etc we ran, the O lineman simply took the defender where he wanted to go to create the running lanes. Very simple stuff but it worked.

One nice TD pass by Miller. ONE completed pass. lol NICE running by Miller all game long.

When was the last time tOSU completely one or fewer passes in a game?

Dick Vitale commented on twitter about Urban Meyer and OSU:

DickieV Dick Vitale
Rumors are swirling that OSU will go after Urban Meyer- totally unfair as Coach Fickell a truly loyal Buckeye deserves at least 3 yrs
1 hour ago

Link: http://twitter.com/#!/DickieV

3 years? Jesus.

The offense is just face palm worthy. I mean you feel like it's back to the leather helmet days before there was a such a thing as forward pass.

But, the defense is really, really good. Specifically on the corners.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."