• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Week 8 (10/30/11): Browns (3-3) @ 49ers (5-1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will win?

• Browns in a close one

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Browns in a blowout

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 49ers in a close one

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • 49ers in a blowout

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Colt wont be able to throw in the Candlestick swirling wind. We lose 17-6.

San Fran has a great run defense so look for Colt to air it out all day Sunday. You know, like he did last week............

I'll bet you $5 to RCF that the Browns lose by more than 5.5

I'll take that because I like the Browns D and think they'll keep it close. I win if the Browns win or lose by less than 6. You win of they lose by more than 6.

Wanna make it $10 instead?

I'm betting on the team playing well, Colt pulling out a decent game with a TD or two via the air and somehow we get the upset.

Why? Because everyone is expecting us to get stomped and we find ways to win games we should loose and loose games we should win.

49ers win 17-10.

Kinda pissed we have Ian Eagle.. We always get shafted with the worst announcers. (Outside of Don Criqui)

Ian Eagle? God damnit. Well, it could be worse, they could pair Troy Aikman with Rich Gannon and Fran Drescher. We need to start winning so we can get some half competent announcers. Its bad enough when we're not playing well, but it compounds my frustration when the announcers we get clearly didn't even bother to do some light reading about the team before they call the game.

As for the game itself, I think our offense struggles again and our defense does its best but plays 3/4 of the game and gets worn out, allowing Gore to go wild in the second half. I don't see how we're going to win this game, the 49ers are just a lot more talented and we've not shown the ability to squeek a win out by outcoaching the other team yet.

As McOhio pointed out, we usually do win the games we should lose and lose the games we should win, so by that logic we'll win big...

But I gotta stick to my guns. 27-10 SF. They're looking real solid, and Patrick Willis will kill at least 4 of our players. He's an animal.

Anyone know anything about Watson or MoMass' status? Probably still to early to really know I guess.

Anyone know anything about Watson or MoMass' status? Probably still to early to really know I guess.

Yeah. With head injuries; I wouldn't be shocked to see them out of practice all week and then a game day decision.

Yeah. With head injuries; I wouldn't be shocked to see them out of practice all week and then a game day decision.

True that. Especially if Watson can't play. We might be seeing a healthy dose of 2 TE sets with Moore/Smith. Wouldn't hurt to give Cameron some burn if Ben can't play.

What are the odds that the Browns win going away this week? I mean something absurd like 28-7 with Colt having a QB rating in the 120s? There have to be odds of that happening right?

What are the odds that the Browns win going away this week? I mean something absurd like 28-7 with Colt having a QB rating in the 120s? There have to be odds of that happening right?

If Colt could ever take advantage of opposing defenses stacking the box, the QB rating wouldn't be a huge shocker imo. Especially when San Fran's secondary isn't anything special. Than again, neither was Seattle's secondary. But the idea of this offense blowing anyone out is very hard to believe.

Did anyone else think that when Grecco went in after Lauvao got hurt, the O-line was a bit better?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."