• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Akron Zips Basketball 2011-2012

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Akron did what they were supposed to do and took it to Hiram. Zeke has a quiet night, with 5 points and 5 rebounds in only 17 minutes. Alex Abreu led the way with 15 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals. Cvetinovic had 14/6, Diggs 10/6, and Walsh 14/5. Nick Harney chipped in 13 as well, and continues to show flashes of incredible potential.

Hiram had a player by the name of Stefanov that hit six three pointers, many of which came from 28-30 feet...very impressive.

The Zips now head back on the road for two games in two days against Valpo and Duquesne.

Valpo and Duquesne are going to be very tough for this team.

If they win both...man...

Yikes, Akron is ranked 120th in football.

I'm just going to say, we have a great team here in Kent. And we're going to be winning the MAC and make another elite 8 run like in 2002. That is all. :king:

Lost to Valpo and played like shit.

Marshall needs to learn how to keep himself out of foul trouble. Damn it.

Lost to Valpo and played like shit.

Marshall needs to learn how to keep himself out of foul trouble. Damn it.

38 free throws for Valpo, 7 for Akron. Akron's bread and butter is tight, suffocating defense, and it's impossible to have that with officiating like that. I'm shocked they had a chance to win at the end...they played their asses off tonight.

81-76 Duquesne.... We lost our second in a row. God Damn it.

Rough road trip for the Zips. Got jobbed out of a win last night, then came out tonight and responded by basically imploding. This is a very young team. Most expected them to struggle early on, and I think the Mississippi State win made some (myself included) lose sight of that a bit. They'll continue to get better as the season goes on, and, like most Akron teams, play their best basketball in February and March. Detroit will be a good matchup a week from today...I'm sure Dambrot will be riding them this week in practice.

Zips face Detroit at home tonight...good chance to rebound from last weekend.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."