• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA 2k12: RCF League Season 8

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
On my way home for Thanksgiving break...depending on what you're doing for the holiday, might be a good week for us to lay the plan out for this, Rch.

Im here and I'll be expecting family to make the 500 mile drive down here to the rolling hills of Tennessee, so I wont be on the road this Thanksgiving.

I've been doing some OP research, and one of the main things I was waiting for was for 2k to make Online Association active on their website. We dont need it, but it would be cool if we had it or had some assurance that any league we started would still be compatible with the website once they make that section active.

Bouncing around leagues, guys are playing on Default... ALOT. 4-5 leagues I joined and dropped from, have been on Pro difficulty with 8 mins Qtrs with default sliders.

There has been such an adjustment to the defensive side of the ball, that guys are instead turning down the D. I dont want to, just letting it be known.

There are alot more leagues that are running with full leagues and CPU running half the teams. I wouldnt mind doing this, and having a rating salary cap to restrict guys from raping the cpu GMs. Along with a majority approval on trades.

I originally said that we should all put user teams in one or two divisions, but I no longer agree with that. We should just adjust schedules so that each human user plays each of the other human users at least 3-4 times a season. Depending on how many teams we have and how many players.

I havent done a fantasy draft yet, all the leagues I have joined have been active already when I jumped in. However, I didnt want to jump in any league that was fantasy drafted already either, and we have to take that into consideration. We may have RCF guys who are willing to jump in throughout the season and take over a team who was previously CPU controlled. Guys would be more willing to do that if they had solid teams.

The AI of the game has been altered enough, where its possible we dont have to enforce any PIP or One player scoring rules. I'll leave that up to everyone else though. Ive been cheesed online, but its always with guys playing wings like LeBron or Durant at PG and run and gunning.

I reached out to Ben, and he just got back to me and said that he will display ADs for our league on the site this year. I'll make a small donation in the leagues name again, but he didnt ask for one. I think thats pretty cool. 8 seasons in, seems like we are here to stay.

I threw alot out there, what do you guys think?

When are you planning on getting this started? I don't have the game yet, but I've been planning on getting it. Might influence my decision.

This is a crazy time right now, with semester coming to an end for my wife and I. Definitely wouldnt be this week, but maybe that first or second week of Dec??? I think that is the last week for classes down here anyway.

1st or 2nd week sounds good, and the aforementioned does as well...

When can we pick teams?

1st or 2nd week sounds good, and the aforementioned does as well...

When can we pick teams?

What should we base the available teams on?

I think they should be middle of the road rated teams. Like 10 - 20 something...

^ Fine with me, I didn't want anyone cheesin with LA or Mia...

If we are picking teams, I got dibs on the Hornets...

If we are picking teams, I got dibs on the Warriors...

If we're picking teams... :chuckles:

I'll take the Knicks...I think they're 18th overall. Fuckin sleepers.

If we're picking teams... :chuckles:

I'll take the Knicks...I think they're 18th overall. Fuckin sleepers.

Thought about them, but the rest of their team is hot buttered garabge :chuckles: If Mare or Melo go down you're going to be in some trouble lol...

Not to mention you might be toe'ing the line of points scored in a game per player if the rest of your roster is struggling. I was going to snag my Memphis Grizzlies back but under my tutelage and coaching last season they've gone from the basement to the penthouse. They grow up so fast...

Thought about them, but the rest of their team is hot buttered garabge :chuckles: If Mare or Melo go down you're going to be in some trouble lol...

Not to mention you might be toe'ing the line of points scored in a game per player if the rest of your roster is struggling. I was going to snag my Memphis Grizzlies back but under my tutelage and coaching last season they've gone from the basement to the penthouse. They grow up so fast...

I was under the assumption that they come with CP3...?

But seriously you're right. I'm excited for the challenge of adding the right role players around those two...I've always enjoyed the GMing in these leagues just as much as (if not more than) the playing.

Someone grab the Blazers before 3 sees this.

I was thinking the Warriors too CDT

Just to hit you guys with Mark Jackson quotes between games. This is going to be tough now. I dont have a second team that I have been playing offline with :(

There is ONE last thing I want to find out before we REALLY assign teams though...

If we can take custom rosters into an online association. I know we can take custom rosters into a MyPlayer, but does anyone know about association?

If we can, then we will use either Rashidi or the best rated roster with Rookies, and THEN pick teams once the ratings are adjusted with Rookies included.

If anyone knows, let us know

There is ONE last thing I want to find out before we REALLY assign teams though...

If we can take custom rosters into an online association. I know we can take custom rosters into a MyPlayer, but does anyone know about association?

If we can, then we will use either Rashidi or the best rated roster with Rookies, and THEN pick teams once the ratings are adjusted with Rookies included.

If anyone knows, let us know

I don't know, but TheLorn's rookie rosters are incredible with cyberfaces and all. If the rookies come into play I'll obviously be up to re-pick teams or whatever.

If I had to guess though, I highly doubt you can do anything with custom rosters online. Too much data that everyone would have to share because the rookies are all created players.

^ Vouch

They are awesome, aside from the rookies arms being a tad darker than their faces it's an AWESOME roster patch.

Mark Jackson is going to completely take this team from under performing to over achieving. I saw him in the gym with Andris Biedrins working on his 3pt shot. With my GM'manship and interventionalist approach to everything else. I guarandamntee the Warriors a playoff spot. If ya smellllllllalalalalalalalaaaaaaow....what cdt........is cookin..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."