• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Sacramento Kings

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I-77 NORTH

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
You know the deal, they make the playoffs - we get their 1st rounder.

So for the 2011-2012 season, I officially announce..

THE SACRAMENTO CAVALIERS.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT!

Let's go Hickson, prove to the world why leaving Cleveland can ultimately make you better, like taking your what-was-a-crappy-team...to the playoffs!!

sacramento-kings-dancer-459-2.jpg

sacramento-kings.jpg

jimmer-297x300.jpg

Re: Sacramento Kings ROAD-TO-THE-PLAYOFFS watch!

I haven't been following anything basketball really. Do we get anything if they DON'T make the playoffs?

"Beno to JJ... WHAM WITH THE RIGHT HAND!!!"

I haven't been following anything basketball really. Do we get anything if they DON'T make the playoffs?

If they don't make the playoffs this year then no....but if they make the playoffs before something like 2017 then we get the draft pick.

"Beno to JJ... WHAM WITH THE RIGHT HAND!!!"
Beno got traded. If Evans doesn't find a way to get other people involved on offense, and Jimmer can't provide quality minutes, Beno will be sorely missed.
And it will be interesting to see whether DMC will get enough touches with Tyreke, Thornton, Salmons and JJ in the rotation.

Also, if Dalembert leaves, the Kings might go hard after Marc Gasol. Although it is hard to predict what the Maloofs will do after their obstructed flirt with Anaheim.

Sacto has a nice young nucleus, with Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette, & JJ Hickson.
That should make for some exciting games, but, still, plenty of losses.
Barring the unforseen, I can't see them making the playoffs.

Yeah, if they were in the east, they'd be playing for 8. In the west, they're not even close.

This thread won't last long. I give it 10 games into the season before people lose hope.

Sacramento is going with the AL Davis model of personnel decisions. They have superb athletes with every physical gift you could hope for, with questionable coachability.

Tyreke is a honey badger with the rock in his hands: you could tell him to pass the ball around and run a play, but he don't give a shit. He's thinking score or bail me out. Salmons is a veteran with a better floor game, but not by much. All Thornton does is score. We've seen plenty of what JJ does. This is like a team of sixth men. Vinnie Johnson should become an assistant coach emeritus.

The big question is this: what can Jimmer do with scorers around him? Can he turn into a bigger, stronger Mark Price who gets others involved?

Yeah, if they were in the east, they'd be playing for 8. In the west, they're not even close.

I don't know about that. The West is going to be much worse this year, cumulatively, than the East methinks. Let's have a look at last year's standings and this year's prognosis:

1) San Antonio: will be worse, no question, what with them another year older and a .744 win clip being totally unrealistic.
2) LA Lakers: again, a year older, probably doesn't win as many games.
3) Dallas: yet again, a year older, but still a deep and savvy team.
4) OKC: probably #1 in the West this year, a big improvement.
5) Denver: not making the playoffs this year.
6) Portland: probably not making this playoffs this year.
7) New Orleans: if CP3 bolts, not making the playoffs this year.
8) Memphis: finishes higher than 8th.

As for last year's lottery pickers, there's a lot to be discussed. But based on my rough estimates of this year's Western playoff lineup, it seems like 2 or 3 teams who picked in the lottery will reach the promised land. Will that be Sacto? Probably not, but it's not out of the question, either.

I don't know about that. The West is going to be much worse this year, cumulatively, than the East methinks. Let's have a look at last year's standings and this year's prognosis:

1) San Antonio: will be worse, no question, what with them another year older and a .744 win clip being totally unrealistic.
2) LA Lakers: again, a year older, probably doesn't win as many games.
3) Dallas: yet again, a year older, but still a deep and savvy team.
4) OKC: probably #1 in the West this year, a big improvement.
5) Denver: not making the playoffs this year.
6) Portland: probably not making this playoffs this year.
7) New Orleans: if CP3 bolts, not making the playoffs this year.
8) Memphis: finishes higher than 8th.

As for last year's lottery pickers, there's a lot to be discussed. But based on my rough estimates of this year's Western playoff lineup, it seems like 2 or 3 teams who picked in the lottery will reach the promised land. Will that be Sacto? Probably not, but it's not out of the question, either.

I'd say that Portland makes the playoffs next year.. After the Gerald Wallace trade, they went 11-7 in the regular season with a 63% win percentage (if they kept this percentage all year, it'd be good enough for the 5th seed- they had the 6th). They have also added Felton... I'd for sure see them as a contender...

I believe these teams are near locks for the playoffs next year: Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Thunder, Blazers, Grizzlies (Already said they will match any offer for Gasol)
These teams I think will fight for the last two spots: Houston, Utah, Golden State, and NO (if they can keep CP3)... I wouldn't be surprised to see the Clippers being in the hunt as well...

The west at this point seems to me it is way to good to allow the Kings to make the playoffs now... However, many things can change with rosters from now until the start of the season, let alone the playoffs...

If the age limit gets raised by a year then I would actually root against the kings as I think we want that mid-round pick in the deepest draft possible. That certainly seems to be this year by what we can tell, but lets not forget that the draft outlook could change dramatically in the next couple weeks. Also as the years go by it gets less and less protected which will help a lot in the west considering in years past its been about 9 teams deep and then there is a huge dropoff. If Sacto can exist in that middle ground of 30-40 wins 2-3 years from now we should be able to get their pick.

The Kings have 1.3% chance of making the playoffs. Yes, I'm telling you there's a chance. It would require a slew of injuries to the real playoff caliber teams.

Dalembert is going to end up on the Heat. They have a bunch of guys that want the basketball and just added Jimmer...not a very good formula for winning. They will finish with the 5th-7th worst record in the league. Sorry :(

The Kings have 1.3% chance of making the playoffs. Yes, I'm telling you there's a chance. It would require a slew of injuries to the real playoff caliber teams.

Dalembert is going to end up on the Heat. They have a bunch of guys that want the basketball and just added Jimmer...not a very good formula for winning. They will finish with the 5th-7th worst record in the league. Sorry :(
I think Jimmer is a better passer than most people think. Also, he's now on a completely different team where he isn't the number one option. Being there for the Tyreke kickouts (ball hog or not Evans still averaged 5.7 apg) will benefit Jimmer. Question is whether his defense is good enough to stay on the floor for longer stretches. But since his predecessor Beno was pretty awful at D, it may not matter.

I'm not sure Dalembert leaves. Kings are under the cap minimum, and if Sammy leaves, they either have to strike gold with Gasol or Nene, or likely have to overpay some scrub. They may prefer to hold on to what they got. Dalembert played very nicely together with DMC late in the season.

The X-factor is Paul Westphall. Does he have a plan and can he make his players share the wealth? Then this can be a very potent team, at least on offense. Or will he continue to cater to Tyreke, which may lead to some locker room discord with an emotional and vocal guy like DMC? Interesting times.

A couple decent amnesty pickups by their front office could go a long way towards improving those odds, especially if those players come from west coast playoff teams.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."