• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

How Will Attendance Be This Season

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Average less than 10,000. Book it.

Average less than 10,000. Book it.

No way. I don't think they've ever averaged less than 11,000 since moving from Richfield.

They'll average above 15k. We had the 3rd best attendance last year which was 20,112 (http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance). Sure season ticket holders already had their tickets purchased, but I don't think it will drop that dramatically. It can't get any worse than a 26 game losing streak last year. Now we have two more exciting young players to watch. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we averaged between 18-20k.

it's going down in a big big way.... My guess is we'll average around 13k per...

Last season was buoyed by pre-sold tickets from before LeBron made his decision. If numbers are down below what Gilbert has already expected, I think we will see Irving and TT force-fed minutes.

It would be useful if people who buy tickets would say whether they intend to continue at the same, or increase/decrease their attendance.

Personally, one of the reasons I've subscribed to DirecTv was their NBA League pass package where I could get all the Cavs games in HD; but I'm looking at dumping that and going with some sort of a broadband package.

I expect it won't be as bad as the Gund Arena days, but there will be a good sized drop.

it's going down in a big big way.... My guess is we'll average around 13k per...

If Gilbert was going to have a strike shortened season, this is the year for it.

awful. 1st year Cavs had to sell season tickets without even the hope of Lebron being in the wine and gold, plus a lockout that turned off the average fan (read: the fan who has never read a singly post on this web board), a recession that has turned any disposable income into "what someone uses to pay the mortgage on their upside down house" and I'd say you have the makings of a very tough year.

It won't just be the Cavs that experience a decrease in attendance. Attendance will be down all across the NBA due to the fiasco with the lockout.

attendance will be down a lot...last season people had already purchased tickets before Lebron left, so last season's attendance wasn't an accurate representation of true fan support...this season will be the first true test since Lebron left to see what kind of support the cavs will get in the post-lebron era.

Speaking of last season having great attendance, is it common practice to make people re-up on season tickets before the playoffs begin, like Gilbert made us do in the Spring of 2010? Or was he just hedging against LeBron's departure?

Some are underestimating how big of an impact the presold season tickets had. I had season tickets last year and even though every game was technically sold out, there were games were there were easily only 11-12k people there.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."