• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rist77

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Byron Scott asked about Tristan in a recent interview:
-Says he needs to work on his post game and outside shot.
-Quoted “Around the basket he is really good because he’s so explosive and so quick. He can use either hand extremely well.”
-Says they’ll throw him the ball in the post because he knows he can get to the basket and makes good decisions and is very smart.
-Regarding his shot he said the first time they had Tristan in here (for a workout) his shot looked awful. Now it looks 100 times better but he still has about 100 times better to get it.
-He said that if he went over and told him to shoot 3,000 shots before he left the gym, that he’d stay there and shoot 3,000 shots. “He’s that type of kid.”
-Says he has a real high release on his shot that’s almost impossible to block and when he gets up for a shot he (his mechanics) doesn’t look bad at all. Says repetition and confidence are biggest things regarding his shot.

Full interview:
Talks about Baron, Manny’s burned foot, Omri, and Christian.
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/2011/12/14/scott111214-1935206

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/43SrYmqE9K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A must see...

I think this guy could be a steal, his attitude and other intangibles seems top notch. I feel like he's going to show us so much more than Hickson ever did. Should be cool to watch.

as long as he's lockin down the other teams PF and holdin his own on the boards then I'll be satisfied.

I think this guy could be a steal, his attitude and other intangibles seems top notch. I feel like he's going to show us so much more than Hickson ever did. Should be cool to watch.

Steal? He was the 4th overall player taken. Hickson was the 18th. I have never disliked the pick, but I have no clue what your definition of steal is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/43SrYmqE9K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A must see...

"He can block a shot thats a full two feet above the rim." :chuckles: Thats unreal.

OT: Keys, is this how you teach your kids physics? I definitely would've done better in school if we learned through watching people dunking.

I have a feeling some sick alley oops from Kyrie to Tristan are going to fill the highlight reals.

"He can block a shot thats a full two feet above the rim." :chuckles: Thats unreal.

OT: Keys, is this how you teach your kids physics? I definitely would've done better in school if we learned through watching people dunking.

If I taught physics, you would not have done better in school. :chuckles: I'm a History/English guy. I'm also certified in Economics, just to irritate Republicans over drinks.

"-- Scott likes Thompson -- son of his former Lakers teammate Mychal Thompson -- but said he might need more seasoning before being NBA ready. He can recall holding the 6-foot-6 player in his arms when Mychel was a baby. "

Ugh does this mean he'll only get crap minutes this year? I was hoping to see him and Kyrie on the floor a LOT. :mad:

Ummm... you are thinking about Klay Thompson of the Warriors.

That Sport Science stuff is interesting, but completely useless. Can the guy play? That's all I care about.

I can see him becoming a Marcus Camby type player. Excellent on the boards and blocking shots, but never someone who's gunna score 20 per game. Id take that in this draft!

I can see him becoming a Marcus Camby type player. Excellent on the boards and blocking shots, but never someone who's gunna score 20 per game. Id take that in this draft!

But at #1?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."