• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
At #4 if you said I was getting a Marcus Camby pre bad knees, I would be really happy! Especially in what is considered a weak draft. Camby has been one of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the league many seasons so I'd definitely be happy is Tristan turned into that.

"-- Scott likes Thompson -- son of his former Lakers teammate Mychal Thompson -- but said he might need more seasoning before being NBA ready. He can recall holding the 6-foot-6 player in his arms when Mychel was a baby. "

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/12/cleveland_cavaliers_baron_davi_1.html

Wrong Thompson as caught by Randolphkeys whoopsi

Ummm... you are thinking about Klay Thompson of the Warriors.

Sure he wasnt talking about Mychel Thompson who is in camp with the Cavs right now? That would be my guess

The Camby/TT comparison isn't really a good one. TT will probably have a better jumper when all is said and done, but Camby could fill up a stat sheet. Blocks, steals, rebounds, etc.....Camby was the man. On the other hand, I think TT is going to have more of the ability to guard not only post players, but also wing players. I also think he will be more efficient when it comes to scoring. Im not saying that because I don't think TT will ever be as good, but I just think they are different types of players.

tristan seems like JJ hickson, but with intelligence, work ethic, and a good attitude...i was so sick of Hickson acting like he was Amare.

I don't think I can compare Tristan Thompson to a pro player yet because he isn't even close to a finished product at age 20. He might be the next Bill Russell, who as also 6'9 with a wiry, track and field build. He might grow an inch or two and fill out like Dwight Howard. He might develop more of a perimeter game. We just can't define him yet.

We do know that he is extremely teachable, optimistic, and has the humility of a Canadian. That can get you far in life.

The sky's the limit with Thompson. That's why the Cavs took him. But that's no guarantee for future success. Still, his work ethic gives him a better chance to realize his potential - and playing with a great PG like Kyrie also helps (and, yes, I think Irving is already a great PG).

He needs to work on defensive boards, his J, and his post game, but he's willing to work on these things and seems very willing to listen to criticism and to learn. Irving is similar. We drafted two high character men who appear to be more mature than their age. Both have incredible talent and ability. I think we also have a great teacher in Byron Scott.

There's a lot to be excited about. We've got some great, young pieces that will get some scrapes playing, but they could be special. We've seen the glimpses of Eyenga - and he's still young and raw. I'm interested in seeing Erden play at C. Samuels, Harangody, and Harris all may provide us some nice depth. Not sure about the future of Gibson and Sessions. I think Varejao can always have a role at PF or C off the bench for the future.

Just going to be honest here. He reminds me of Josh Smith, but willing to work at his game. Being left handed helps shape my image too.

I don't think I can compare Tristan Thompson to a pro player yet because he isn't even close to a finished product at age 20. He might be the next Bill Russell, who as also 6'9 with a wiry, track and field build. He might grow an inch or two and fill out like Dwight Howard. He might develop more of a perimeter game. We just can't define him yet.

We do know that he is extremely teachable, optimistic, and has the humility of a Canadian. That can get you far in life.

I can conclusively say neither of those two things will happen.

I would be over the moon if he turns out to be a Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul Jabbar type player.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."