• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

RCF Fantasy Hoops Vets League 2011-12

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The real reason Max can't make it is because he's hosting an Obama fundraiser Thursday night. DougHeil is the guest of honor but might not be able to make it because he's still camping out as part of the Occupy movement which is why he hasn't been here lately.

The real reason Max can't make it is because he's hosting an Obama fundraiser Thursday night. DougHeil is the guest of honor but might not be able to make it because he's still camping out as part of the Occupy movement which is why he hasn't been here lately.

"Dicatator is Dead" party...all are wlecome...even liberals. ;)

Draft time sucks for me. Thursday for you is Friday for me and my work x-mas party. Auto draft for me

Yeah, everyone knew the week before Christmas is going to suck. But blame this one on the NBA and the timing of the lockout resolution. Yahoo has it set so you can only draft Tue thru Sat unless you want to draft after the season starts, which is ghey. Can't do it Fri or Sat, let alone the weekend of Christmas.

So I'm expecting about half to be on Autodraft on Thurs. I'll scale back the 4th Util to 13 players to even at least some of that back out.

Last edited:
:spin: :spin:RCF Fantasy Hoops Vets League:spin: :spin:

:hyper: :hyper: Draft: Thu Dec 22 9:30pm EST :hyper: :hyper:

Grab your...wassail...?...and Christmas cookies/buckeyes and settle in for a great draft Thursday. We usually get done in well under 2 hrs. For those having to be on autodraft because of time conflicts, be sure to pre-rank your players and/or drink a lot at your parties to ensure the best possible luck.

PS- I'm not seeing TJ anywhere, so I invited the alternate. He'll be in soon.

PS- I'm not seeing TJ anywhere, so I invited the alternate. He'll be in soon.

He'll show back up if the Bucks start out 5-2...then disappear when the injuries decimate them. :chuckles:

Max's best chance at success is auto-draft. Never seen a worse fantasy team in my life than what he's put up the last two years. I saw footage somewhere on here of Korean people bawling relentlessly when they saw how brutally bad his picks were last season.

Max's best chance at success is auto-draft. Never seen a worse fantasy team in my life than what he's put up the last two years. I saw footage somewhere on here of Korean people bawling relentlessly when they saw how brutally bad his picks were last season.

Yahoo sent me a plaque last year for leading all fantasy teams in player games lost due to injury.

I've honestly never recovered from my rookie year when i forgot to set my lineup for the Championship fucking game...i would have won. :(

One question which i can't find in the settings: if i win a given matchup 8-6, is my record then 8-6 or is it 1-0?

I'm fine with either of course, but the former values a balanced team more than the latter so it affects my draft a bit.

ps This is by far the most extensive (categories and people) league I've ever been in, you guys are ridiculous. :chuckles:

One question which i can't find in the settings: if i win a given matchup 8-6, is my record then 8-6 or is it 1-0?

I'm fine with either of course, but the former values a balanced team more than the latter so it affects my draft a bit.

ps This is by far the most extensive (categories and people) league I've ever been in, you guys are ridiculous. :chuckles:

Your record in that situation would be 8 and 6. And yes, this IS the big boy's league.

I don't have too much hope for the new guy so far. :shakehead

Yahoo sent me a plaque last year for leading all fantasy teams in player games lost due to injury.

I've honestly never recovered from my rookie year when i forgot to set my lineup for the Championship fucking game...i would have won. :(

Do you accept these kinds of BS excuses from your salespeople?

Didn't think so. DRAFT GUYS THAT AREN'T INJURY PRONE and you won't have injuries in the playoffs. I'll help you out...if you're picking directly ahead of me, take guys like Elton Brand, Kendrick Perkins, Greg Oden and Brandon Roy.

Just tryin to help here...

Man...I thought you were just kidding...but you weren't...

121911-kim-jong-il-mourning-800.JPG

Couple reminders about testing the draft app beforehand- *definitely* test it, mine didn't work on Firefox even after all these updates, had to use Internet Explorer to get a mock draft to work. Don't be the guy !&@%ing the bed getting in during the 5th round seeing it autodrafted 4 injury-prone backups for you.

Kypus said:
Turn off Pop-up blocker on browser

Delete Temporary Internet Files (Control Panel, Internet Options, General, Delete, Temp Int Files)

Download latest Java version v6.29 http://java.com/en

Download latest version of your browser (Help/Check for updates)

Download Adobe Flash Player 11 http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Start/Settings/Control Panel/Internet Options/Security tab/Custom level, change to Medium temporarily

OR

Custom Level/Miscellaneous
Enable 'Allow scripting of Internet Explorer web browswer control

Also, if you prerank. Don't prerank a bunch of PGs early. Or you'll end up drafting 6 of them like I did last year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."