• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Casspi Assfingers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Casspi's Poodelish performance thus far

Another guy that can't create his own shot. His ball handling is just terrible.

Would you all rather have JJ screwing around out there? Come on. [btw, I was watching the Kings game the other night and with a couple seconds left at the half they put JJ in "for defense" said the announcer I nearly choked. He looked totally confused too, like, "they really just put me in for defense?"]

Anyway, Casspi will find his place. I see that many folks here have not watched him over the past few years. He's a solid, young player, but like I've written before, it's hard to know what his ceiling is since Sac was so screwed up (amazingly, they look almost worse this year, poor Jimmer). But RealKingofCleve is off saying you can find a role player like him anywhere. He brings the intangibles, toughness, and gritty play that we haven't really had in Cleveland for a long while. I liken him to Nocioni in his prime, tough dude, can hit the 3, plays solid D, but not a gifted scorer/slasher, just a solid, passionate presence, "bulldog" as Scott said.

Having said that, and being a Casspi fan, I totally agree that Gee is simply outplaying him thus far and that's OK. Even if Casspi goes the bench I still feel it was a good trade for us - and for Casspi, he's in the right organization, with the right coach, on the right team and in right city for his development. He might never be a starting piece but he's a great guy to have regardless, and we'll see better nights from him than we've been seeing in the past 3 games.

He played pretty poorly last year. Many were claiming that it was because Sacramento was in a state of chaos, but maybe he just isn't that good? I think he'll get better, but he's a dime a dozen. Can find a role player like him anywhere.

Would you all rather have JJ screwing around out there? Come on. [btw, I was watching the Kings game the other night and with a couple seconds left at the half they put JJ in "for defense" said the announcer I nearly choked. He looked totally confused too, like, "they really just put me in for defense?"]

Anyway, Casspi will find his place. I see that many folks here have not watched him over the past few years. He's a solid, young player, but like I've written before, it's hard to know what his ceiling is since Sac was so screwed up (amazingly, they look almost worse this year, poor Jimmer). But RealKingofCleve is off saying you can find a role player like him anywhere. He brings the intangibles, toughness, and gritty play that we haven't really had in Cleveland for a long while. I liken him to Nocioni in his prime, tough dude, can hit the 3, plays solid D, but not a gifted scorer/slasher, just a solid, passionate presence, "bulldog" as Scott said.

Having said that, and being a Casspi fan, I totally agree that Gee is simply outplaying him thus far and that's OK. Even if Casspi goes the bench I still feel it was a good trade for us - and for Casspi, he's in the right organization, with the right coach, on the right team and in right city for his development. He might never be a starting piece but he's a great guy to have regardless, and we'll see better nights from him than we've been seeing in the past 3 games.

Great post and I agree.

Casspi will give you effort and heart (perhaps some frustration) which is what you want out of him. He's a role player. I think if he slows it down for himself much like Kyrie the game will come to him. He (everyone) has to learn that playing your game is the most important part of team. Andy proves this night in and night out.

BTW, who are the f*cks that keeps saying Andy had a bad game? Are you kidding me? Andy did himself, nothing less, nothing more. He pretty much had the same sort of game he always has which is point blank blue collar hustle and extra possessions.

If you are hating on Andy, go head and smack yourself with a tack hammer a few times. Good game from Andy.

Just. Lol

Sacramento gave up on him in part because he became real passive and all he looked to do was stand around the 3 point line. Hopefully Scott can get more out of him but Petrie isn't a fool

No, He wanted out of Sacramento because after his rookie season he started too clash with the new coaches. That is why he started too settle. Also before he hit the rookie wall his rookie year, he was considered third in the rookie of the year before curry started to make his run. Casspi is still just trying to feel his way out ... like someone said he had an injury for a while and he couldnt even work out, he is still trying to get his basketball legs under him and being one who has had to deal with coming back from an injury before, its also mentally bothering him.

He will never be a big time talent but always an above average role player.

As for Gee. He will also always be a decent role player. Both these players will be better suited as bench players in the long run. Whichever one pans out in the new two years will be our Backup SF.

Casspi looks like he just doesnt know his role. The offense being so dribble drive driven doesnt help him as hes a poor ball handler. Add to that swan is just gunning and drowning the momentum. His best bet is to just try and get out in transition with kyrie a few times. if hes open then kyrie will get him the ball.

He never really was a great player to begin with. Sure he has his moments, but he's barely effective when he needs to be. Problem he's not consistent. I've watched him play live twice, he kind of plays with the flow of the game - not aggressive enough to create his own play.

Definitely could of gotten better value back in return for Hickson. If only he could just play steady enough build a little bit of value, package him with Jamison's expiring and get a 1st rounder.

i think Casspi just isn't good. the scouting report i read on him was pretty much dead on....he's a one dimensional catch-and-shoot player...can't do anything else. he is clumsy as hell with the ball - his dribbling is pretty horrendous....he just doesn't look very coordinated. someone compared him to Sasha Pavlovic....Casspi isn't that bad, but he's got similar weaknesses. Casspi for Hickson was not an even trade. the cavs either really wanted to get rid of Hickson, or they severly overrated Casspi.

makes me worried for the cavs scouts, because apparently they've been high on Casspi for years...really? an SF who can't do anything but catch and shoot...but even his shot isn't that good. i'm really sick of all these catch-and-shoot wing players on the cavs...can we please get some versatile wings who can drive the ball...Gee is a step in the right direction, but not sure he's starting material. can't wait for the draft so we can finally get a wing player who can do more than just shoot jumpers.

Casspi is a decent player the problem is just that, because of our lack of talent, he is asked to do things that he cant do. Maybe he will grow into this role but right now he is a terrible fit at the 3. He is a catch and shoot kind of player that has size as a luxury. Unfortunately he doesnt seem to use it because what I dont like is his defence, he HAS to step up this part of his game. My only hope is that we are going to get him locked up on a cheap contract and make him the back-up of our future SF. Then again Gee could do that too....

Casspi's biggest problem is mental. He lets things get into his head. If he starts the game with a couple of good plays he will usually be very good for the rest of the game. However, if he starts with a couple of misses or a turnover, he loses his confidence and starts playing hesitantly on both sides of the court. I think part of this is due to the fact that in Sac, making a couple of bad plays could mean several DNP-CDs in a row. My hope for him is that he learns to relax and internalize that he will get playing time even if he makes mistakes, and that will enable him to build up his confidence and maintain it for long stretches. If that happens, he will contribute a lot to this team.

makes me worried for the cavs scouts, because apparently they've been high on Casspi for years...really?

Well, apparently after we traded for him, San Antonio inquired as to whether he was available for trade since they were interested. Guess their scouts suck too. :rolleyes:

Casspi's biggest problem is mental. He lets things get into his head. If he starts the game with a couple of good plays he will usually be very good for the rest of the game. However, if he starts with a couple of misses or a turnover, he loses his confidence and starts playing hesitantly on both sides of the court. I think part of this is due to the fact that in Sac, making a couple of bad plays could mean several DNP-CDs in a row. My hope for him is that he learns to relax and internalize that he will get playing time even if he makes mistakes, and that will enable him to build up his confidence and maintain it for long stretches. If that happens, he will contribute a lot to this team.

Dead on. In Sacramento, especially in his rookie season, every game he would knock down a couple shots early, the dude would look like an all star for a half. I hate mentally weak players.

...can we please get some versatile wings who can drive the ball...Gee is a step in the right direction, but not sure he's starting material. can't wait for the draft so we can finally get a wing player who can do more than just shoot jumpers.

agreed with Kyrie starting we need someone to get out and run with him and judging by the rest of the starting 5 who is that going to be

AV . . . best suited to complement Kyrie by either cutting to the basket or benefitting from Kyrie's penetration
Parker . . . his offensive "game" is the occasional uncontested 3
Jamison . . . he has stopped trying to do it all since game 1, but we all know his rep and it doesn't fit with Kyrie
Casspi . . . is pressing and may not have the skills to complement Kyrie

Alonzo gee slashing style is a better complement to Kyrie. if Casspi continues to press , I see Scott switching him and Gee in the rotation by game 12 or 15

Luckily Gee looks to be the future SF unless they draft a small forward.

The Cavs really need a SG and a stud C or PF to pair with T2. I can live with the Gee, Casspi, Eyenga battle over SF.
Wait what? At first I thought by "future SF" you meant the guy who will start there for the rest of this year and maybe next year if they don't draft Barnes/Gilchrist/Miller. But then the second part of your post makes it seem like you think he's a long term option there?

Seems to me that Casspi is trying to hard to follow Scott's lead that he drive more. An occasional drive is good to keep the defense honest, but Casspi needs to gack to what he does well in shooting long range. Otherwise he's worthless, trying to drive to the hoop with no ball handling skills and playing crappy defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."