• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Gee Wiz...what's Alonzo's ceiling???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
WOW, you guys are in dream land. I dont even know if Thompson will get to an all star game any time soon. Classic homerism.. Turning an average player into an all star. We go 2-2 and an average player becomes an all star

We go 2-2 and you're calling Gee average?

I would hold off judgment until later in the year. I would agree with coach Scott that he is the most improved player of the returning players form last year. Because this is his first time actually being on the same team in back to back seasons (and not in D-league), it may just be he is comfortable with playing in a system he knows and we may have seen his ceiling (hope not). Still too early to tell but I do really like what he has done to improve his game and I hope he continues to grow as a player.

If he added the ability to dribble himself into a decent off dribble shot id say he can be an all star calibur guy. He has the athleticsm for defense and slashing. They WILL come but his J looks clunky tho getting better he still cannot get himself a good J in midrange.

WOW, you guys are in dream land. I dont even know if Thompson will get to an all star game any time soon. Classic homerism.. Turning an average player into an all star. We go 2-2 and an average player becomes an all star

Don't generalize the rest of us with Housh. He's a terrible poster.

But who knows, if he added the ability to inject some logic into his posts I'd say he can be a gold star caliber poster.

No, it won't really drastically speed up the rebuild. Role player are easy to find. It's the stars that aren't. Unfortunately the latter win titles.

He's also only played 1 good SF thus far. Let's see how he does against the Pierce's, Melo's, etc of the league. Those are the ones you go through in the playoffs.

No they are not. We had a very difficult time putting the right role players around LBJ. They require attracting FAs (which we know isn't happening), using up cap space, trades, or drafting well. None of those happen easily.

So like I said, if Gee and Samuels can be a good role players on a contending team, then that will definitely speed up the rebuild. Will it complete the rebuild? No, duh. But it will certainly help quite a bit.

I look at Gee and I see a kid who worked his ass off to earn his spot. He is a good slasher and while his shot hasn't commanded respect from the defense - I see massive improvements with it. It has more arc and he's really using his legs to get the ball off. If he can develop a decent 14-18 foot jumper - I think you'll see even more athleticism from him (pump fake - drive to the bucket - dunk over every mother fucker in the room).

If this is his ceiling? Fine. He's a good defender who can play 15-20 mpg on a good team. Certainly worth hanging onto.

NAKED!

Last edited:
Such a good post you had to make it twice! Post whore.

Anyways I'm super excited to see Gee's improvements. If he continues to work on that shot and his handles he'll be a great player to have around. His defense is above average. Posey kinda player.

By the by, does anyone have a video of his missed dunk attempt in the Q vs. Toronto? When he damn near killed himself?

Such a good post you had to make it twice! Post whore.

Anyways I'm super excited to see Gee's improvements. If he continues to work on that shot and his handles he'll be a great player to have around. His defense is above average. Posey kinda player.

By the by, does anyone have a video of his missed dunk attempt in the Q vs. Toronto? When he damn near killed himself?

The internet connection today is about as stable as Terrence Jones in crunch time.

He's obviously a future Hall of Famer.

I would hold off making any judgements on Gee until the 20-game mark. I suspect he is who we thought he was... and that's a guy who gets minutes only on bad teams. I don't think his jumper will hold up and that will make him essentially a self-check on offense.

I would hold off making any judgements on Gee until the 20-game mark. I suspect he is who we thought he was... and that's a guy who gets minutes only on bad teams. I don't think his jumper will hold up and that will make him essentially a self-check on offense.

Well duh...no shit. A bigger sample size is always preferable. But you do realize that doing so would mean almost ZERO threads on this board until that happens?

No they are not. We had a very difficult time putting the right role players around LBJ. They require attracting FAs (which we know isn't happening), using up cap space, trades, or drafting well. None of those happen easily.

So like I said, if Gee and Samuels can be a good role players on a contending team, then that will definitely speed up the rebuild. Will it complete the rebuild? No, duh. But it will certainly help quite a bit.
Not really. The Cavs had the role players. Mo is a fine role player, he's just not capable of doing what the Cavs asked of him. Same with Jamison, Z, Shaq, etc. The team simply didn't have another star which caused them to ask their role players to do more tahn they could. Basically, they surrounded him with just role players.

Still think role players have little to do with the speed of the rebuild. Gee and Samuels aren't going to make the team contend any sooner. Drafting an impact player like Drummond will do that though. Filling out the roster with role players is basically the last piece of the puzzle.

Not really. The Cavs had the role players. Mo is a fine role player, he's just not capable of doing what the Cavs asked of him. Same with Jamison, Z, Shaq, etc. The team simply didn't have another star which caused them to ask their role players to do more tahn they could. Basically, they surrounded him with just role players.

Still think role players have little to do with the speed of the rebuild. Gee and Samuels aren't going to make the team contend any sooner. Drafting an impact player like Drummond will do that though. Filling out the roster with role players is basically the last piece of the puzzle.

We only had one problem with that team - LeBron quit in the middle of the playoffs. THe role players were fine, that was a championship team.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you realize how long it took to acquire Mo, Z, Jamison?!?! And they still weren't enough to help win a championship. You are absolutely wrong -- the right kind of role players are difficult to find as well. You need to do both at the same time -- draft stars, and develop/acquire good role players. At no point did I say that Gee and Samuels will help us content sooner -- you need to learn how to read.

All that I said was that if they end up being good pieces, it will help with that part of the rebuild. There's no way you can possibly argue with that. You don't wait until the very end to find role players, you do it while you're rebuilding everything else.

That said, the jury is still out as to whether or not Gee and Samuels are even able to be role players on a good team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."